All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2008-2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

THE KING

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 29, 2007
Messages
1,109
Reaction score
81
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
India
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2008

Are there any good tutorials I could use to make a decent sig and put it up for the contest?
 

Leen

MH's Peacemaker
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
2,870
Reaction score
60
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2008

There are tonnes of tutorials out there that you can use.

For really basic stuff, you can try my tutorial here:
http://mangahelpers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6898

This is another basic sig tutorial.
http://combatguy.deviantart.com/art/Full-Sig-Tutorial-25952578
For really detailed one, try these:
http://bendonx.deviantart.com/art/Kura-Kura-Sig-Tutorial-Part-1-90495675
It even comes in 3 parts. Follow them till the end. I find that tutorial to be very very comprehensive.

http://quoenusz.deviantart.com/art/smudge-c4d-sig-tutorial-45327685
This one works too but it assumes a lot of things from the reader, so if you are looking for easy to read kind of stuff, probably not.

Remember that for sigs, you will always come across words like c4d render, render, stock, gradient, scattering, color balance, and brush.

Try and learn the meaning behind those words. Some are pretty self explanatory too.
 

THE KING

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 29, 2007
Messages
1,109
Reaction score
81
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
India
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2008

Thanks, maybe I'll be able to enter the next contest after I get the tutorials through my head.
 

Leen

MH's Peacemaker
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
2,870
Reaction score
60
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2008

^
Definitely. Do ask any questions you might have. A lot of people here can answer them for you.

All right. I'm going to post my own entry here too just to tell you that it is do-able. :grin

Movie - Jack Bauer - Leen



All renders taken from Planetrenders

Extra comment: 24 is not exactly a movie, but it sort of counts since it's a TV series and it involves actors and actresses. Also, Kiefer Sutherland acted in various other movies too. So it counts. ^.^


The quality distorts with the photoplog, so you might want to view the original one.
 
Last edited:

THE KING

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 29, 2007
Messages
1,109
Reaction score
81
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
India
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2008

Can U link me to some places where I can get the transparents for the stocks(if there are any), or do I have to cut them out manually.
 

abcdefghijkL0L

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2007
Messages
473
Reaction score
34
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2008

http://azzzrael.deviantart.com/art/Yuna-Sig-Tutorial-35221198

Some of the techniques I use are learned from that tutorial, don't know if it'll help.

For renders(transparencies/stocks/whatever), you can either find them on the net or cut them out yourself. Typically I use the Pen tool to do mine.


Photoplog doesn't seem to distort my quality though. I use the large thumbnail one and it looks the same as the original to me.
 

THE KING

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 29, 2007
Messages
1,109
Reaction score
81
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
India

Leen

MH's Peacemaker
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
2,870
Reaction score
60
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2008

^
Obviously, if you are looking for a specific website to go to, I'll recommend deviantart. Other than that, if you are looking for a more general tutorial on photoshop, I will recommend www.good-tutorials.com They are REALLY good.
 

THE KING

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 29, 2007
Messages
1,109
Reaction score
81
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
India
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2008

Thanks a lot guys,

Well, I'll stop bugging u for now, until I face some problems.
And be assured, it will be pretty soon :p
 

abcdefghijkL0L

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2007
Messages
473
Reaction score
34
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2008

Yep, generally I use deviantart for stocks and tutorials.
 

nxlouco

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 20, 2006
Messages
810
Reaction score
92
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2008

Nice Hancock Sig Real Monkey !!
 

RealMonkey

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 13, 2008
Messages
152
Reaction score
59
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2008

Nice Hancock Sig Real Monkey !!
Thank you. My first Try on this Contest. Maybe i score high :)

I hadnt to think much about which film i choose. I think a new one is better than a old movie for the contest.

//edit:
ey, now that the coloring contest are down, i hope the sig contest will still be here. Please xD
 
Last edited:

Leen

MH's Peacemaker
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
2,870
Reaction score
60
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2008

Sig contest is going to be here! Don't worry about it. Just work on practising. The future themes might be hard(er) for you. And I really like to see people participating. It's fun!


Just made a new set of avy/sig combo for myself. I'm still not good enough a sig maker. Grrr... I need more practices myself.
 
Last edited:

RealMonkey

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 13, 2008
Messages
152
Reaction score
59
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2008

Sig contest is going to be here! Don't worry about it. Just work on practising. The future themes might be hard(er) for you. And I really like to see people participating. It's fun!
<hr noshade size="1">
Just made a new set of avy/sig combo for myself. I'm still not good enough a sig maker. Grrr... I need more practices myself.
O thank god :D. Might they will be harder, but i will join for sure ;D


Your set is quite good imo. Not just because i like kakashi too xD

akasunanosasori joined too. Nice Sig :tossu
 

THE KING

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 29, 2007
Messages
1,109
Reaction score
81
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
India
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2008

Man!
I still haven't gotten good enough :(

most probably by the next contest. ;P
 

Leen

MH's Peacemaker
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
2,870
Reaction score
60
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2008

ok. New theme: female

The title itself should be very self-explanatory. So dig in.

My "entry" or sample entry is this:

Female - Sayuri - by Leen


Stock from planetrenders.net
 

RyuSensei

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 6, 2008
Messages
2,683
Reaction score
312
Gender
Male
Country
France
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2008

Lawl, finished my movie sign when it was over.
-.-
 

hatsuharupeace

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 9, 2007
Messages
6,761
Reaction score
907
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2008

Looks good, Ryu. The next topic should be easy for you. :XD
 

RyuSensei

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 6, 2008
Messages
2,683
Reaction score
312
Gender
Male
Country
France
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2008

Lol Harucchi, yea kinda.
Just gotta take one of my old signs and it should be ok xD
 

abcdefghijkL0L

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2007
Messages
473
Reaction score
34
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: All Purpose Sig Contest Discussion Thread 2008

I like this theme! There's a sig I've been wanting to make but I didn't really have any incentive to do it but now I do.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top