Seinen - All Rounder Meguru by ENDO Hiroki | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Seinen All Rounder Meguru by ENDO Hiroki

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi

All Rounder Meguru
By: ENDO Hiroki
Genre: martial arts, sports
Serialized In: Evening
Scanlated By: Kotonoha
RTS

Do not expect the usual shounen sports storyline as Endo Hiroki returns with this down to earth, realistic Mixed-Martial-Arts manga.

Meguru joins a mixed martial arts gym hoping to become stronger.
He meets an old childhood friend who is practicing the same kind of shooto martial arts, and who harbors a dark secret related to their past. -MU

New series by the mangaka of Eden

This is a Kodansha Comic and not available at Mangahelpers.

Last edited:

Drmke

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
Re: [NEW] All Rounder Meguru by ENDO Hiroki

Ooo, a new martial arts manga? And a seinen one at that. Seems interesting enough so I'll definitely give this one a try.

Kaiten

Harasho
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi

The first four chapters were very good. Pretty heavy, it's obviously by the guy who did Eden.

Alan Smithee

Manga Editor
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

A great series and I am happy to see that it was picked up by Kotonoha it's nice to have at lease one or two series to read in wonderful quality.

The MMA in this series is tackled with a very strong air of realism.

Kaiten

Harasho
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi

I'll read pretty much anything Kotonoha or Hox scanlate, time permitting. I don't know much about MMA, but the fight and the training seemed realistic. Meguru and Takashi are interesting, convincing characters.

Drmke

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Palestine

Finally got all 4 chapters downloaded and read. I love it! Obviously, Meguru is gonna try to go pro, but how it all turns out is something I can't wait to see.

But right now I wanna know why Takashi hates Meguru? Maybe he blames him for being too weak when he took on the Yakuza guys. Like if he didn't have someone like Meguru hanging around, he could have concentrated more on getting stronger...all just random guessing.

Kaiten

Harasho
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi

So far all I can think of is when they did the karate match as kids: Meguru accepted his loss, he was only there to have fun while Takashi was so intense he cried. Maybe he has held Meguru in contempt all these years for being a loser. Or maybe I've read to much shonen sports :XD I'm not sure Meguru knew Takashi's father was murdered. He was hiding his family history as it was, and his attempt at revenge was taken the day Meguru was moving.

Tumerking

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

I like it. At first I was put off because the main characters were 5th graders, but then it skipped ahead 7 years and I was like "thank god". I also like Meguru's childhood friend. I want to know why he hates Meguru now. He seems interesting.

Kaiten

Harasho
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi

At first I worried it would be MAJOR and slowly follow them through every stage of their life, primary to pro.

Chapter 5 is out!! I'll read it tomorrow, everyone else run, read and comment :p

Last edited:

Drmke

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Palestine

Chapter 5 wasn't bad. No fighting but an interesting look into Meguru's life. And this upcoming tournament sounds fun :tem

Chapter 6 is up at Kotonoha :D

Chapter 7 and 8 are up now if anyone is interested.

Its kinda funny how Takashi is kicking ass even with his strange life yet Meguru can't seem to win a single fight lol

Last edited:

Drmke

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
Kotonoha has released chapters 9 and 10.

More people need to start reading this series. Its really good. Especially fans of other fighting manga like Hajime no Ippo.

Alan Smithee

Manga Editor
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I really enjoy this series and it's only 10 chapters in. You just get more of a feeling for the work that goes into actually becoming good a martial artist.

Kaiten

Harasho
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
Volume 2 is off to a great start. Maki and Maria are awesome! It's really nice seeing a sports series with women athletes. Most reduce them to cheerleaders, fans, or managers. Both are great athletes and have such interesting personalities. Maki kicking Meguru's ass when he went into the locker room was hilarious.

Drmke

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
Yeah the new females characters are hilarious and badass at the same time. Don't see that often enough.

I lol'd so hard when Maria tricked Meguru into going into the girls' changing room. Maki is going to be even more beastly once she gets grappling down. Meguru will never be able to beat her lol

Uruner

Manga Editor
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Poland
Greate series really... I love new seinen matrial arts mangas... they are showing in quite a diffrent aspect in comparison to older ones or shounen... Quite a good find really... it's quite similar to Teppu in both art, badass sports woman, and MMA... =^^= trough it's easy to se witch author is more experienced =^^=...

either way i was positively suprised by this series... trough one detail is getting on my nerve... that most of "beateful" femele faces in All rounder meguru are drawn almost the same way... eg only diference is a mole in different place... all the other faces are also similar...

MattC302

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
I just caught up with this manga and it is really good so far. The fights are really technical. This manga is to MMA what Ookiku Furikabutte is to baseball.

My hopes for the future of this manga are that the relationships between characters will be further explored. The relationships and character interactions were one of my favorite parts of Eden, and if this manga is going to live up to the standard Eden created, it will have to have that aspect too. Either way, I can't wait for the next chapter.

Nagashiwa

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
I really love this manga!!

it's really fun and really interesting and the art is just perfect!! I can't wait for the next volume!!!