alphabeta's review of Bakuman 129: Youth and Destiny | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

alphabeta's review of Bakuman 129: Youth and Destiny

alphabeta

Reviewer
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
Bakuman 129 – Youth and Destiny
A Review by alphabeta

Small Summary: Nakai vs Hiramaru starts. Hiramaru gets pumped up, however on the very next panel he gets pumped dooooooooown. While Hiramaru is flying through Tokyo, looking for an airport to land, Nakai remembers with the little brain he has left, why he came, and gets ready to take Aoki by force… (Die, Nakai, DIE!!!). Ashirogi gets sentimental, suddenly starting to think about their live, and how they failed at their goal. :comfort. Meanwhile, Nakai keeps testing Newton’s laws, by sending Hiramaru flying and checking whether the gravity really will pull him back. Just when Nakai’s about to send Hiramaru’s soul flying A.S.F. arrives :zomg. Fukuda gets ready to open the 8 gates, but at the last moment Hiramaru goes typical-shounen-route: “Don’t interfere, even tho I’m half dead, but still…”. Then Hiramaru does what Naruto does. Talk-no-jutsu. However unlike in the place where plot-no-jutsu was invented, it doesn’t work in the Bakuman-verse. Aoki arrives, telling Nakai to hit her… (my reaction was a mix between :nosebleed and :barf). Nakai gets ready to hit her, but misses and hits the ground. After this super-original-failure he admits defeat. After being hit with his head that many times, Hiramaru mistakes Nakai for a fat… really fat owner-less dog, and decides to take him home.

Long Summary: “Move Aside” – “No way in hell”. So… you thought you’re reading one of the Big 3, but sooner or later you found out you’re reading Bakuman, and since you can’t understand what’s going on, you read this review. :3c

Just like everyone else, I thought that Hiramaru was butt-naked, the first time I saw that page. But, really, with Obata drawing Hiramaru’s a** that detailed, you can’t blame me. Hiramaru uses Bulk Up. Hiramaru’s Special Attack and Special Defense sharply rose. And really, if you judge the chapter by it’s first page, it definitely seems like Hiramaru is going to one-panel Nakai.

Meatball-no-jutsu *Nakai-style*​

Nakai, unexpectedly, shows us that he didn’t slept in physic’s class, back when he was a kid. So he decides to some experiments. Experiment Nr.1. A body that has been pushed by a force will keep moving in that direction, until the rubbing will cause it to stop. Hiramaru, because he is such a good guy, decides to help Nakai solving his physic-problems, and tells him he should rush at him, with everything he’s got. Nakai, who now doesn’t want to make Hiramaru feel bad, because he will think, he isn’t trying hard enough, rushes forward, with speed of light, and sends Hiramaru flyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyying.

Aoki hears the sound of something crashing into the wall and looks, who’s responsible for the ruckus. Nakai notices her and eagerly wants to tell her, that his Experiment has worked, hence the sluggish smile, when he looks at her.

You spin my head right round, right round~​

Hirmaru notices that Nakai wants to impress Aoki, and decides to help him out even further. He jumps at his back, shouting “BANZAI!”, and Nakai really appreciates it. Nakai starts his 2nd Experiment. A body will fly the longest distance if it is thrown by an angle of 45°. After successfully finishing his 2nd Experiment, Nakai, not being able to surpress his desire to get Aoki’s kiss for being such a good boy, rushes towards her house himself.

Meanwhile in Saikou-palace. Shuujin:… Saikou:… (Who said Bakuman is a wordy manga? :yelling). Really, I could comment the Hiramaru-Nakai fight for hours, but how should I funnily comment two emo-mangaka’s discussing, their meet-up with their fellow emo-2nd-grade-friends.

*re-read page 4 & 5*

Nope, I stay by my opinion. There’s nothing to comment. Who cares who Shuujin was in love, back in 2nd grade? It’s not like he’s going to cheat on Miyoshi, when he meets up with her. (Even tho, that would make Bakuman probably even more realistic.) Who cares what school Yama-chan went after elementary school? It’s not like Saikou is going to cheat on Azuki, when he meets up with him. (Even tho, that would make Bakuman a freakin’ Yaoi manga… :fail)

@Obata: Next time you draw a panel, give it a border… :fail

Nakai’s Experiment Nr. 3: Someone who says, he is Aoki’s tea friend will kiss the ground on the next panel. *checking*. Nakai was right. Really, he’s the second Einstein… (no, he ain’t). Ashirogi, suddenly show us, that they posses, aside the ability to draw manga, the ability to use telepathy. Hiramaru was sending information, using Morse-language, through the stream of Energy in the ground of the Earth, saying “Help Guys, we’re running out of ideas for Experiments. Come and save our asses souls”, and Ashirogi went to help him out.

Experiment Nr. 4: If you have read Naruto, you can use Gentle fist yourself. (Page 7, the last two panels. :neji). Alpha: Ashirogi, where are you? I’m running out of ideas how to comment the chit-chat between Nakai and Hiramaru. :bored. Get you’re a**es on Fukuda’s bike and come the scene of crime. *praying to God*… *checking the next page*… *OMG, it worked :zomg*

Team Badass (Saikou excluded… :fail)​

Page 8. Nearly half of the Chapter is finished. Perfect chance to change my “bashing-attitude” to a more serious one… … … lolno, like I’m ever going to do that. :nana.

Fukuda instantly understands the situation, and gets of his bike, to help Hiramaru out. However, we find out, that Hiramaru has the talk-no-jutsu-illness, which has spread further and further into all of WSJ’s mangas, to the point where it makes me wanna change a famous quote from Nabokov’s “Lolita”. “If I see another plot-no-jutsu I’m gonna vomit.”

Finally Nakai realizes, that his experiments are useless, because we all know physics already. So he decides to play another game. Point-at-you. He starts, with himself with pointing at Aoki. Hiramaru instantly gets the rules and points at Nakai. Man, he likes this game. He pulls away his finger, and points again. Heck, this is fun :zomg. He turns his whole body and… points his finger at Nakai. :zomg

Is just me, or have Aoki’s boobs grown? :blink Oh, yeah, the comment to the pic :sweat. Well, Aoki says everything herself…​

Another illness that the manga world has inherited from Naruto is Kakashi’s habit to appear out of nowhere. This time it’s Aoki who joins the IGASEC (IGotASharinganEyeClub). Everyone’s reaction was: WTF?! My reaction was: *looking at those legs* :nosebleed. Yeah, yeah, I know, I’m a perv, but, hey. I got all the reason to be one. Even though I gotta say, that I’m rather disappointed at Aoki being a SadoMaso-freak… :scry.

Anyway, even if I don’t like SM, that doesn’t mean Nakai shares my opinion. Even Shuujin points it out. “If he really hits her, then never mind mangaka, he fails even at being human”. (I’m a genius when it comes down to taking things out of context :3c). So, Nakai aims at Aoki but ends up hitting the ground. How come? Or rather whom to blame. Fukuda? Barack Obama? The Jews? I blame Ohba, for not being able to think of a better way, how to finish this mini-Nakai-arc (I mean mini-arc… not mini-Nakai… the last one is even theoretically impossible :fail).

There’s something in my mouth. I just don’t know what. Tell me. Tell me! TELL ME!!!​

Somehow I don’t know what to write anymore… :blink I used up all of my brain to comment pages 1 – 15, but there are still 4 pages left… *falling asleep*… *waking up*… Woah, I have so many ideas *brushing my teeth*… Shit, I forgot all of them :sweat

Nakai gets a flashback. (flashback? Soon Death? Light’s comeback? :zomg). No, jokes aside, now I know why I don’t know what to write. Because nothing happens in the manga itself. Nakai pitying himself. Aoki looking down on him (both literally and physically). If that would be a thread in FF, people would say “Dead Thread is Dead”.

Ohba used Max Revive. Hiramaru gets his HP and Status problems healed. (I’m a genius. Praise me :3c) Back in full-power-mode, (he’s crying, but, hey, I write the review, I can write whatever I want) Hiramaru uses Nakai’s own method to beat him. Sakura’s-bring-Sasuke-back-crybaby-no-jutsu. And… it works.

I’m gonna pull of your skin, and I’m gonna enjoy every single second of it :kukuku

Fukuda: Hey, that logic is screwed. So what? A Note which can kill people is the epitome of working logic, so leave my Ohba alone. :box. AAARGH, forget it. I’m running out of jokes. I’m just gonna comment what happens, and trying to do it funny. Hiramaru somehow gets Nakai to change his personality, and show that in reality he is Rokudou Mokurou (page 17, panel 4). So, what do you do, when you’re Rokudou? You go for a drink.

*reading page 18*… *dying form laughter*… *reviving from the dead*. I don’t know what Fukuda found screwed in Hiramaru’s logic, but I find something else screwed. You see how those two are tangled into each other? Hiramaru trying to crush Nakai’s head, and Nakai trying to crush Hiramaru under his own weight. Is that even possible, in real life. *trying it out*… *breaking half of my bones*…*realizing that my jokes suck*… *going for a drink…*

Die, Bakuman, Die!!! Why the fu** am I even doing this review? No one is answering anyway. 128-review got 110 views in two days. Even my 127-review got 150 views in just 12 hours after I published it. *trying to finish this review*

So, the newborn HiramruxNakai couble has been officially born, and they sail off to celebrate their soon-to-be-marriage. Ohba decides to pull of another thing from Naruto. The i-belive-in-you-speech. This time it’s Aoki who believes in Hiramru. What next? Fukuda believes in teletabies? Shuujin belives in Spiderman?

The last paragraph in “Long Summary”… hehe… *going insane*. Hiramaru wakes up, from realizing that Madara appered in the night and sucked him in, with his Sharingan, into another dimension, where his bed is kinda hard. He turns around and sees… Nakai lying in his bed… :vomit

The End… I hope…

My Thoughts: Say what you want. I laughed my a** off in this chapter. The whole Nakai x Hiramaru fight was hilarious. A.S.F., too, got some spotlight in this chapter. ‘course Fukuda stood out the most. Honestly, Fukuda has been getting more and more screen time lately, and I definitely approve of Ohba’s decisions. :nod.

The chapter can be divided into two parts. Before Aoki arrives, and after Aoki arrives. Before she did, Nakai’s and Hiramaru’s fight was a single-sided-go-and-die-fight. After she did, it became a who-the-fu**-am-I-now-supposed-to-hit-fight. No, jokes aside (yeah, that was supposed a joke just now :sweat), even though this chapters main characters have been Nakai and Hiramaru I want to give Aoki some credit. Maybe you didn’t’ notice, but go and re-read page 13, the upper-most panels. Especially that one where Aoki rushes her head towards Nakai. You see that look in those eyes? That determination? That face expression? Believe me or not, but after this chapter and this panel especially, Aoki has significialy rosen up in my bakuman-character-rating. I’d go as far as to say, that she’s on 5th place now. (1st – Shuujin. 2nd – Fukuda. 3rd Nanamine. 4th – Hiramaru.)

Also, even though you won’t like it, everyone (me included), who said that Nakai is a failed character, who should go and die, has been trolled, and it couldn’t have been any other way. Even Nanamine, who is/was Nr.1 Evil in the Bakuman-verse turned into a good guy. You didn’t expect Ohba to give Nakai a bigger show than Nana himself. Forget it. The times where bad people had their names written in a Death Note, have long since passed… :scry
Light, L, Melo, Near, Ryuk, heck, even Misa-Misa at dead last, I miss you :bored.

Small Details:

So, you’re probably thinking now, why I put this pic in the Small Details section… Think about it. Doesn’t this scene seem familiar… think back… remember what happened in the early chapters of Bakuman… remember the first chapter… So? Ringed any bells? If not, then here you go.

Obata is running out of ideas for camera-angles, now is he? :3c One of my favorite panels, in the manga btw. :hurr

Fukuda-kun is driving a good ol' Harley Davidson.

Yep, this is the eleven from “Otter 11”

Predictions: Spoilers for 130 are out. Go and read them. You did? Now go and comment this review. You did? Man, you’re easy to manipulate. :3c

P.S.: So I finished my 4th review. 6 left till I become “Chapter Reviewer”. :kukuku. Evo tho I feel like I already deserve that title. :yelling

Anyway, no “Death Manga” this week, next week, the week after that week, the week after the week after that week… Honestly, just go and forget I ever mentioned I’ll do “Death Manga”. Even if a miracle happens and I decide to do it… it’s not gonna happen sooner than I get my “Chapter Reviewer”, what is at least six weeks far away.

On to dedications. This weeks review goes to After_Image and goldb, who I have forgotten to mention in my good-bye post, from about three weeks ago. There you go guys. You have passed the ready-to-be-mentioned-in-my-review-exam’s, and no, it’s definitely not like I’m running out of ideas whom to dedicate this reviews to, so I had to pick the first one’s who came to my mind…

Yeah, I added a new category – Quote of the week. And remember. It’s seppuku for those who don’t comment! :guns

Quote of the week:

Hiramaru: Manga is a scary thing. After being manipulated by my Editor I found that… my future is nothing but darkness.

(This speech is so great, I don’t even feel like trolling it. “manipulated by my Editor” :rofl)

Bonus:

This was just asking for it. :p

P.P.S.: I just re-read this review, and I gotta say… this is my best one so far. :3c. Honestly, I managed to balance the jokes and the serious stuff. By far, the best review I ever made. (No one has to know that I’ve done only four so far :p)

*re-re-reading my review*

Forget what I just said… There’s no balance between jokes and serious stuff. However that doesn’t change the fact, that this is my best review. :3c

P.P.P.S: I was so eager to catch up with my reviews that I finished this one, one day before I predict in my 128 review. Anyway, guys, I’m being dead serious here. If you don’t comment or at least “thank you” my reviews, you can kiss their review-a**es goodbye. I don’t plan on doing reviews, that get no feedback. :ck

[sally]small note that I edited your thread title to the correct chapter title[/sally]

Last edited by a moderator:

akoftroy

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
Please register to see the content of this post.

SHINOBI-03

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score

MCCmonkey

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Chile

kdowns

Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum

alphabeta

Reviewer
Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation

yukilove21

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

alphabeta

Reviewer
Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation

saladesu

in absentia
Reaction score
Country
Singapore

alphabeta

Reviewer
Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation

yukilove21

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

Reclaimer

Reaction score
Country
United States

kdowns

Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum

Reclaimer

Reaction score
Country
United States

kdowns

Reaction score
Country
Fun Forum

Reclaimer

Reaction score
Country
United States