American Politics

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
As far as i know, clinton could have stayed secretary of state but didnt due to hear health issues.
I think it's pretty clear that she resigned primarily due to her desire to run for president. So how exactly does one resign due to health issues if that's the case?

Plus, there's evidence in the emails disclosure that she may have resigned due to conflicts of interests between the State Department and the White House.

I think if she still had those, she would not run for president.
I mean, how would one think she doesn't still have any? There's more than enough proof that she isn't as healthy as she should be. And that's even if you don't buy into something worse going on.


As a postscript, I'm not railing against supporting her due to health reasons, as I think her policy history is more than enough. But this entire fiasco is just completely bizarre.
 

z.5

Only Half Psychic
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 26, 2008
Messages
3,996
Reaction score
18,572
Gender
Hidden
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
As a postscript, I'm not railing against supporting her due to health reasons, as I think her policy history is more than enough.
This

But this entire fiasco is just completely bizarre.
To be honest, speaking from the comfort of being a foreign observer, this is hardly the most bizarre thing which has happened...

The whole system seems pretty bat-shit to me
 

shionoro

Mangahelper
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 7, 2011
Messages
3,750
Reaction score
1,477
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I think it's pretty clear that she resigned primarily due to her desire to run for president. So how exactly does one resign due to health issues if that's the case?

Plus, there's evidence in the emails disclosure that she may have resigned due to conflicts of interests between the State Department and the White House.


I mean, how would one think she doesn't still have any? There's more than enough proof that she isn't as healthy as she should be. And that's even if you don't buy into something worse going on.


As a postscript, I'm not railing against supporting her due to health reasons, as I think her policy history is more than enough. But this entire fiasco is just completely bizarre.
So far i didnt see any evidence about her 'not being as healthy as she should be' tbh.
The health issues she had before were, according to her doctor, completely recovered.
And it makes a lot of sense that she actually had pneumonia.
And that is no big deal.

(also i don't think her policies are bad, but that's another story).
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,292
Reaction score
24,926
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
So far i didnt see any evidence about her 'not being as healthy as she should be' tbh.
The health issues she had before were, according to her doctor, completely recovered.
And it makes a lot of sense that she actually had pneumonia.
And that is no big deal.

(also i don't think her policies are bad, but that's another story).
It comes down to the same sort of reporting they usually do on Hillary.... "OMG HER FOUNDATION DONORS MIGHT HAVE DONATED TO GET ACCESS TO THE SECRETARY OF STATE!" Fine but.... has anyone proven she actually did anything? "BUT IT"S SUSPICIOUS". But has anyone proven anything!? "OMG SHE HAS BEEN COUGHING! SHE MUST HAVE CANCERAIDSKINGSON MEGA ULTRA DISEASE!". Ok but has anything actually been proven? Do we have any medical diagnosis with a shred of credibility that would actually support this? I mean, you can do to WEB MD and a cough would be a symptom be anything from, say, a cough to the plague. "WHICH SHE PROBABLY HAS!".
 

Onyx Darkmatter

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 25, 2016
Messages
512
Reaction score
115
Age
31
Country
United States
JFK? I didn't know he was unhealthy. Same with Theo, though I know he was a weak boy and had health problems that he overcame.
Well, I'm unsure if this would be considered a health problem, but he does have back issues and depends on back clutches for support (which ironically ended up being his demise when he was assassinated).
I've actually thought Theodore still had those conditions, but learned to adapt from them. Didn't know he overcame his Asthma.
I think you're confusing Roosevelts :lmao

It's not really about whatever conditions she's dealing with, it's her not disclosing them in an earnest way. Because at this point, her campaign has habitually lied about what's been going on with her. Or at least, I think that isn't an unreasonable assumption. Especially given the whole van incident.
Fair enough. I guess that does post an issue on her and her campaign.
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,292
Reaction score
24,926
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
According to google JFK had Addison's disease. So yeah, he can be said to have been a generally unhealthy guy.

The whole thing about Hillary's health is bullshit.... Not in that she doesn't have anything but rather that it's almost certainly completely irrelevant to the election. The whole thing barely even qualifies as news unless there is actual tangible evidence that she has a disease which would prevent her from doing her job.
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
Well, so far her campaign has released actual documents regarding her having a "mild pneumonia".... And assuming this is actually accurate, I could see she would want to keep it down. Any time anything happens around clinton it immediately gets blown out of proportion to a ridiculous degree. Which is not to say there isn't legitimate stuff to be critical of her but it's also true that even in spite of that 90% of the stuff said about her is just untrue. I mean, if clinton had a cold by the next day the media would have turned her into exploding lungs. Her campaign releases documents regarding her having a mild pneumonia and people are already killing her off and picking her replacement. And of course the discussion becomes about that, which is sad, instead of policy or trump which is what she should be addressing and people should actually care about. At the very least until more solid evidence there really isn't much to go on about as far as I can tell.
That is true, and you have conservative media coming up with numerous bullshit about her, and people believing it.

Her addressing Trump won't do as much. The ones that have decided likely won't change, unless either side does something big. At this point, her goal should be to attract undecided and keep her current voters. Forget Trumpet's bitches, if they haven't stopped by now, they won't stop for anything.

Well, that sort of hinges on whether her weird "freakouts" and facial expressions mean anything other than her being an awkward as hell lady. :lmao

Well, I'm unsure if this would be considered a health problem, but he does have back issues and depends on back clutches for support (which ironically ended up being his demise when he was assassinated).
I've actually thought Theodore still had those conditions, but learned to adapt from them. Didn't know he overcame his Asthma.

Fair enough. I guess that does post an issue on her and her campaign.
Did not know that about JFK. Dunno how well he did as a president but his image is that of a stylish, handsome president. Likely did a great job hiding it.

Not 100% sure if he did, but he overcame his physical shortcomings by working hard and stuff.

It does, at least amongst undecided and least ardent Hillary supporters. But then, unlike McCain old Hillary doesn't have a feces as a vice president.
 

Onyx Darkmatter

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 25, 2016
Messages
512
Reaction score
115
Age
31
Country
United States
Did not know that about JFK. Dunno how well he did as a president but his image is that of a stylish, handsome president. Likely did a great job hiding it.

Not 100% sure if he did, but he overcame his physical shortcomings by working hard and stuff.

It does, at least amongst undecided and least ardent Hillary supporters. But then, unlike McCain old Hillary doesn't have a feces as a vice president.
Considering how JFK managed to inspire the young generation into politics and travel to space, it makes sense for people to love him. Sure, he may have been a womanizer, but he sure as hell did managed to prevent the world from engaging into a conflict against the Soviet Union (or worse, initiate a third World War); I mean, JFK is still known to be one of the greatest presidents in U.S. History by both citizens and scholars.

So far, the only thing that I've researched and got results from Theodore's health were just about his Asthma at young age, the infection after the Assassination attempt in 1912, and the Malaria that he got while he was in Cuba. Though I think it was after his presidential service.
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
Didn't he almost get us into a war with the Bay of Pigs Invasion being a failure?

Got this link from Wiki'ing Teddy. Though, I don't think Hillary challenged herself to be more physically strong like Teddy did, and she's too old to do that now.
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,292
Reaction score
24,926
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
Considering how JFK managed to inspire the young generation into politics and travel to space, it makes sense for people to love him. Sure, he may have been a womanizer, but he sure as hell did managed to prevent the world from engaging into a conflict against the Soviet Union (or worse, initiate a third World War); I mean, JFK is still known to be one of the greatest presidents in U.S. History by both citizens and scholars.

So far, the only thing that I've researched and got results from Theodore's health were just about his Asthma at young age, the infection after the Assassination attempt in 1912, and the Malaria that he got while he was in Cuba. Though I think it was after his presidential service.
I find that bit weird. Why is that even vaguely relevant? Does it matter if he had a different woman every night of his presidency if he did a good job and none of the women objected to it? The way I see it the only appropriate response to something like this regardless of the amount of women should be "OMG who the hell cares".
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
Being a cheater can indicate the kind of person you are, and not in a good way. If you're not a family man, or woman, you won't be seen as a good choice even if you do all the right things.
 

Onyx Darkmatter

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 25, 2016
Messages
512
Reaction score
115
Age
31
Country
United States
Didn't he almost get us into a war with the Bay of Pigs Invasion being a failure?
Yes, the mission was a failure, but a war was avoided at the very least.

I find that bit weird. Why is that even vaguely relevant? Does it matter if he had a different woman every night of his presidency if he did a good job and none of the women objected to it? The way I see it the only appropriate response to something like this regardless of the amount of women should be "OMG who the hell cares".
Well, if we look at it during that specific time period, that would've put a stain mark (no innuendo intended) on his reputation, especially when the country is still filled with religious folks (or judgmental people, religious or not).
In today's world, nobody cares about that; hell, nobody even cared about Bill Clinton getting a blowjob Monica (unless you're a conservative or a tinfoiled nutjob).
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
War avoided or not, it did a lot of damage to us and possibly our standing/image in the world at the time. From what I've read, JFK was dopey for even considering that, but then I don't think I have even close to half the knowledge on this subject.

I thought plenty of people cared about Bill having sexual relations with Monica. didn't he get impeached or almost impeached over that?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Oh, and people still care. Look at Elliot Spitzer and Carlos Danger, their political careers were ruined because one fucked/fucks prostitute/s while the other sends sext messages to women. If Hillary or any other female politician was accused of cheating, they'd get buried like no tomorrow, especially Hillary. Men can probably recover from this, but it'd be pretty hard for women. Hillary of all politicians cannot afford to have this scandal, as women are still supposed to be faithful while staying quiet if their husbands cheat.
 

Onyx Darkmatter

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 25, 2016
Messages
512
Reaction score
115
Age
31
Country
United States
Actually, the US' image (as well as Kennedy's reputation) has drastically increased (his approval rating jumped from a 66% to a 77%); Khrushchev was the one who suffered humiliations by his colleagues. Sure, both Khrushchev and Kennedy were being reckless and all, but both of them eventually came to an agreement that they'll find a peaceful resolution.
In other words: while the Cuban Missile Crisis shook the world, it did brought about a lot of progress and benefits (like the Partial Test Ban Treaty of September 1963 and the installation of the hotline).

Bill didn't get impeached. He was about to go through a process of impeachment, but Hillary (IIR) saved his ass.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
The whole thing about Hillary's health is bullshit.... Not in that she doesn't have anything but rather that it's almost certainly completely irrelevant to the election. The whole thing barely even qualifies as news unless there is actual tangible evidence that she has a disease which would prevent her from doing her job.
It's made worse by her campaign though. Shrugging it off, playing it down, revising excuses, even when there's alarming video evidence just gives more of a dishonest appearance to her and her campaign. I mean, maybe this is just a case of people holding her feet to the fire yet again, but I guess history will be the judge of that.

In today's world, nobody cares about that; hell, nobody even cared about Bill Clinton getting a blowjob Monica (unless you're a conservative or a tinfoiled nutjob).
I mean...no? The issue isn't the sexual conduct itself, he was doing it in the workplace and with an intern. Ethically it's fucking terrible and anyone would have been justified to care about it, regardless of political affiliation. And on top of that, he lied about it in sworn testimony. That's why the impeachment happened in the first place. Not that he was adulterous. Add in the numerous cases of him being adulterous throughout his adult life, and even some allegations that he was a rapist. But I guess that info sort of trickled out after the entire impeachment trial. It's a different compared to JFK because it was mostly based on gossip and urban legend, not actual sworn testimony and court cases.
 

shionoro

Mangahelper
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 7, 2011
Messages
3,750
Reaction score
1,477
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
It's made worse by her campaign though. Shrugging it off, playing it down, revising excuses, even when there's alarming video evidence just gives more of a dishonest appearance to her and her campaign. I mean, maybe this is just a case of people holding her feet to the fire yet again, but I guess history will be the judge of that.
But what other option does she have by now?
It probably is no big deal.
It is not dishonest to say someone can faint due to pneumonia when she still goes to a stressful thing like a memorial.
There are healthy younger people fainting for less.
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,292
Reaction score
24,926
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
http://www.politico.com/story/2016/09/bernie-sanders-hillary-clinton-personality-228272

I liked what sanders said here. The guy knows what's up. Well, to be more specific I agree in that people care way too much in whether they actually like the candidates personally rather than the actual issues and policies. I am not 100% sure if it's really a good idea to not focus on how unfit for presidency trump is. From what I can tell so far, this is specially true for sanders supporters (and he certainly meant it for them), hearing their complains about him supporting hillary made it perfectly clear a significant portion of them cared more about bernie himself rather than the actual ideas bernie stood for. Even bernie does not care that much about bernie....
 

GrySun

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 22, 2014
Messages
3,360
Reaction score
33,643
Gender
Male
Country
Earth Kindom
Can someone enlighten me why Pepe is suddeny seen as a symbol of white supremacists? What did I miss?
 

SharkBait

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2013
Messages
14,074
Reaction score
6,931
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Trump would be easy to support if he didnt change his views. Did some new evidence happen to be unearthed that he had to say that Obama was in fact born in America, when he wasnt?

 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
It is not dishonest to say someone can faint due to pneumonia when she still goes to a stressful thing like a memorial.
There are healthy younger people fainting for less.
I never denied that she fainted due to pneumonia. But she does have a history of injuries due to fainting and falling, a blood clot in her brain, and persistent coughing fits.

Can someone enlighten me why Pepe is suddeny seen as a symbol of white supremacists? What did I miss?
Horseshit politicking. It's politically convenient for Clinton's campaign to demonize something instead of understanding the reason for it existing in the first place.

Trump would be easy to support if he didnt change his views. Did some new evidence happen to be unearthed that he had to say that Obama was in fact born in America, when he wasnt?

So him being a birther didn't bother you? :lmao

It's simple, he used it as a reason for people to pay attention to him. And now that it's finally detrimental to him in the general election, he's backtracking.
 
Top