Politics American Politics

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
I wasn't referring to them being unqualified, but that's certainly true with DeVos. I was more talking about both of them being on record as being very anti-Department of Education/Energy. Perry even said that he wanted to abolish it when he was running for President iirc. So the irony of them being given those positions is quite the thing, lol.

Trump wanting to appoint someone to run the Federal Reserve like this guy when he's demonstrated multiple times that he doesn't even know the function of the institution is shocking to approximately no one.
Well, we do have a president who has no idea what he's doing or how to lead running the country, so it's not a surprise he'd appoint incompetent people as well.
That's a whataboutism. You thinking someone else did it worse doesn't excuse yourself of anything. You saying you hope someone dies of ass cancer is unproductive, at best.

If these vast over-generalizations and over-simplifications are the norm for your responses, then I can't imagine much meanful dialogue would come from this anyways.
wah wah wah, like I care. Pieces of shit like him don't deserve to live. I don't feel the need to put much thought into why McConnell should drop dead for the betterment of US people, or why he's a horrible person (even out of all the politicians). If you don't get it then you won't get it.

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
So... what is this citizenship question about? Why is the question so terrible?
I think there might be legal questions about it, but outside of that I don't really get it either. I supposed people are against it because it might be considered a form of self-incrimination. People are also suggesting minorities won't be represented accurately because people won't give accurate numbers of people in their household if they're not citizens. There's ramifications for inaccurate Census data since congressional representation is often based on it when it comes to redistricting and what not. And to put it plainly, underrepresented minorities is beneficial to Republicans.

wah wah wah, like I care. Pieces of shit like him don't deserve to live. I don't feel the need to put much thought into why McConnell should drop dead for the betterment of US people, or why he's a horrible person (even out of all the politicians). If you don't get it then you won't get it.
This mentality doesn't add to anything, knock it off or I'll start deleting.

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
has any republican or Trump supporter objected to Trump spending money on tanks and all that bullshit? Or are they okay with it because it doesn't help the impoverished either way?

SharkBait

MH Senpai
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Reaction score
Country
United States
has any republican or Trump supporter objected to Trump spending money on tanks and all that bullshit? Or are they okay with it because it doesn't help the impoverished either way?
Homeland security is always a worthwhile endeavour. Puts food on the table and clothes on kids backs.

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
It kills people, especially kids, as well, but I'm sure most republicans don't care because these kids aren't white or American.

But I'm talking about the 4th of July celebration thing he has going on.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
I think there might be legal questions about it, but outside of that I don't really get it either. I supposed people are against it because it might be considered a form of self-incrimination. People are also suggesting minorities won't be represented accurately because people won't give accurate numbers of people in their household if they're not citizens. There's ramifications for inaccurate Census data since congressional representation is often based on it when it comes to redistricting and what not. And to put it plainly, underrepresented minorities is beneficial to Republicans.
So... the argument against is basically that it would discourage minorities, who are also legal citizens, from taking part in the census altogether? I suppose that technically sounds plausible but the scale in which it would have to happen to have that big an effect is massive. To me it makes sense that illegal citizens shouldn't be considered for redistricting purposes anyways. They aren't going to vote anyways.

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
So... the argument against is basically that it would discourage minorities, who are also legal citizens, from taking part in the census altogether? I suppose that technically sounds plausible but the scale in which it would have to happen to have that big an effect is massive. To me it makes sense that illegal citizens shouldn't be considered for redistricting purposes anyways. They aren't going to vote anyways.
Well, I think the idea is that the Census data will be inaccurate since it asks questions about the people in your household, and if you have an illegal alien living with you, you probably wouldn't mention them in government documents.

They won't vote, no. But they're still living in the country and subject to laws, etc.

SharkBait

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
It kills people, especially kids, as well, but I'm sure most republicans don't care because these kids aren't white or American.

But I'm talking about the 4th of July celebration thing he has going on.
A celebration of our military is always warranted. Fly overs always get people standing, cheering, and clapping.

SonOfDaws

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Tartaros
Well, I think the idea is that the Census data will be inaccurate since it asks questions about the people in your household, and if you have an illegal alien living with you, you probably wouldn't mention them in government documents.

Still, with the lacking resources devoted to handling illegals

They won't vote, no. But they're still living in the country and subject to laws, etc.
That's more along the line of what I was thinking. Legal minorities don't have much to worry about. Illegals staying in the US via illegal mean can just ignore the census. However, illegals that want to respond to the census would have to put a target on their back to do so. The same goes for people who harbor illegals and want to respond to the census.

That being said, the resources devoted to dealing with illegal immigrants is meager at best. Right now, that census question would serve primarily as intel to be acted upon notably later, a way to decrease the population counts for illegal immigration supporters, and a justification for government targeting (similar to how traffic cops use traffic violations as an excuse to bust people for drugs).

Regardless, the question is being over blown. MSM and the political scene in general is a giant magic act: Misdirection is the name of the game. To clarify, they're making a big deal about one thing and drawing attention away from another, the lack of anything meaningful actually getting done.

A celebration of our military is always warranted. Fly overs always get people standing, cheering, and clapping.
While true, the US military isn't always doing good things.

Last edited:

SharkBait

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Lovely that Democrats remain as divided as ever.

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
It isn't, as the military is rife with fucked up people that are likely considered terrorists in other countries. A soldier shot a girl's family before raping her, and female vets talking about sexual assaults are two such examples. And what about tanks? There's no reason to waste taxpayer money on those irrelevant things.

SharkBait

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
It isn't, as the military is rife with fucked up people that are likely considered terrorists in other countries. A soldier shot a girl's family before raping her, and female vets talking about sexual assaults are two such examples. And what about tanks? There's no reason to waste taxpayer money on those irrelevant things.
How can you talk about them like that when they've fought to make this a country where you belong and can live safely at night without fear of gorilla warfare or bad actors hellbent on destruction terrorizing your home. Shameful.

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
They never fought for anything for this country. What are we in danger from? All that's been done is that we've sent many of the soldiers to their deaths. Many people can't live safely at night because for all they know, cops might barge into their homes and shoot them, or some mentally ill soldiers might shoot up the place. and I gave you two examples of why I can talk like that, it's up to you whether you want to believe it or ignore their crimes.