Politics American Politics

hokageji

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Ads on Indian channels.

I've seen Hindus claim they're becoming minorities in India. Horseshit, tbh.

I don't really know.
Oh, lol.... those have no credibility......... Yea, hindus claiming to be minorities is like saying reverse racism, but on the scale of ohw many people claim, its negligible...

Anyways, i'd be happy to discuss indian politics and issues, specially with someone who's not right wing inclined, but its outside the scope of this thread, so lets end it here.....
Not so bad. 41% of the people still support him. Thats quite a lot.
I am surprised with Arizona poll, but 41% with a bad democratic candidate would mean the 3rd party can still play a role and influence the swing.... So Trump might stay

Raven

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Joker
Oh, lol.... those have no credibility......... Yea, hindus claiming to be minorities is like saying reverse racism, but on the scale of ohw many people claim, its negligible...

Anyways, i'd be happy to discuss indian politics and issues, specially with someone who's not right wing inclined, but its outside the scope of this thread, so lets end it here.....

I am surprised with Arizona poll, but 41% with a bad democratic candidate would mean the 3rd party can still play a role and influence the swing.... So Trump might stay
Exactly! I think him wining again is highly possible.

hokageji

Reaction score
Country
United States
I think Biden should announce his VP pick sooner than he intends to.. I wish Warren was atleast into consideration but its looking bleaker by the minute... Kamala Harris or Susan RIce... i'd prefer Rice as the VP.

SharkBait

MH Senpai
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Reaction score
Country
United States
I think Biden should announce his VP pick sooner than he intends to.. I wish Warren was atleast into consideration but its looking bleaker by the minute... Kamala Harris or Susan RIce... i'd prefer Rice as the VP.
I dont know why he is waiting until August (most likely at or before the digital convention). Surely he has one picked thus far.

hokageji

Reaction score
Country
United States
lol, just read that "boycott China" hats being sold in India were made in China......

Capitalists at the highest level...
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I dont know why he is waiting until August (most likely at or before the digital convention). Surely he has one picked thus far.
I dont get it either... I am sure most people will welcome the VP choice better towards the election. Maybe there should be a thread on the VP pick.. so much to discuss.

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
You could make the same sort of list with states instead of cities, and there's only 3 states with Governors that are Democrats in the Top 10, and 8 of them are traditionally Red states.

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki

But far too many Hindus claim this, and it's stupid and annoying. Also, I'm not too well-versed on India other than what I've read on Twitter, so I'm not sure if this would be worth your time.

He likely will as Biden's doing a shitty job pulling in voters. He opposes Medicare for All and defunding/getting rid of the police, and that's definitely not convincing any independent left to vote for him. Lot of polls say Biden's ahead, but it's probably better to take it with grain of salt until Biden actually wins.

lol, just read that "boycott China" hats being sold in India were made in China......

Capitalists at the highest level...

I dont get it either... I am sure most people will welcome the VP choice better towards the election. Maybe there should be a thread on the VP pick.. so much to discuss.
Basically angry people in a nutshell. I know Trump made his hats in China for a while as well.

This thread works for that as I believe it started off as Presidential Election thread.

This is just sad.
You mean, cities with high population see high amount of crime?!?!

SharkBait

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Wow Old People really going at it.

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
A lot of it in my state comes apparently from the governor trying to put the sick in nursing homes.

SharkBait

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
we're in a pandemic, people are being evicted, food lines are hours long, and testing for the disease is in short supply...yet our president busies himself with the most important and pressing of issues while letting his VP sugarcoat and lie.

hokageji

Reaction score
Country
United States
But far too many Hindus claim this, and it's stupid and annoying. Also, I'm not too well-versed on India other than what I've read on Twitter, so I'm not sure if this would be worth your time.
I am not denying its common on hindus, and specially the anonymity allows people to be louder. PLus, with twitter, everyone's opinion becomes validated even if they are only talking by rage.....
Again, Modi has used this very smartly. A news media actually interviewed the top 3 politiical parties campaign and marketing team, the BJP one only spoke about social media, Congress (historicallly the strongest) spoke about national television to reach rural areas and the AAP, relatively a new party with no national reach spoke about growing their influence....
If you were to just analyze an entire election on these 3 people, a 70% vote victory for the BJP would've been apparent. Back in 2014, they didn't blatantly make it a pro-hindu party, but the narrative was Congress held about secularism always ended up catering to the minority, just to win the elections... But the corruption couldn't be tolerated anymore, their weak response to terrorist attacks couldn't either. BJP just used progress as their agenda, more or less and ignored any pro-minority talks which helped them win....

I think twitter is a horrible way to get information, any information for that matter.... A lot of the rage is also connected to like-farms which spread fake news and affect twitter. Even for american politics, that holds true. It is apparent that you aren't well versed, and even that you could be basing it on tweets or a few articles.... But i am up for a discussion with anyone open-minded and not stuck to an opinion..

He likely will as Biden's doing a shitty job pulling in voters. He opposes Medicare for All and defunding/getting rid of the police, and that's definitely not convincing any independent left to vote for him. Lot of polls say Biden's ahead, but it's probably better to take it with grain of salt until Biden actually wins.
I am not sure he opposes medicare for all, he's talked about raising taxes to support medicare and 30 trillion dollars, which is anything but opposing. Maybe not as much as Sanders, but it isnt opposing... I dont think the defunding will influence independents as much, but it could if majority of the youth are ( i am not sure), but that is where a good VP pick will help. I so wish it was Warren again, she'd have a plan that is so much more sound than just defunding... But someone like Kamala Harris who has a history as a prosecutor on these issues can articulate this and get him on the right direction...

I also think police will become a bigger issue than healthcare in the coming election, so more push for Harris...

Basically angry people in a nutshell. I know Trump made his hats in China for a while as well.

This thread works for that as I believe it started off as Presidential Election thread.
Haha, yea i remm that... China makes a case of why Capitalism is great and why democracy sucks..... the irony of it.

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
TWitter isn't really a bad way to get information, it depends on whom you follow and whether you fact check. I'm more likely to believe people that have experienced something than the news that claim this has happened, as they do it for views.

Not supporting Medicare for All or suggesting a great replacement isn't helping Biden though, and anyone who might vote for him are way less likely to or won't. One of the common arguments from Bernie and Warren supporters and further left is that they want Medicare for All, and they react rudely to anyone who didn't support Bernie with "so you're okay with people dying because they can't afford healthcare, huh?" or whatever variant. Defunding will influence enough Black people and further left to not vote for him, or be even less likely to vote for him. Kamala Harris has a potential to hurt Biden as well with some voters due to her prosecutor history. Even worse due to the whole police thing, the way Amy Klobuchar got flak for not punishing Floyd's killer.

The right are full of ironies.

SharkBait

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
hashtag god bless america.
nonAmericans...please send us your thoughts and prayers.

Senators need to start distancing themselves from the president

Last edited:

hokageji

Reaction score
Country
United States
Americans must stop their urge to post everything in puns....
Bar lives matter is a poor pun, plus the timing of it...

The fear of businesses ending is real, but protesting and mocking BLM is disgusting..

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Texas is full of idiots, but I hope people will treat criticisms of Trump like fake news and still vote for Biden anyway.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
It continues to amaze me the extent to which people at the US hinge their very identity with who seats on the white house.. People supporting trump at this point is not about the economy (its in shambles) or specific policy, it's just about self esteem...The president is just a bureaucrat ffs...

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
I disagree, it's because they think he aligns with their views, mostly white supremacist views.

SharkBait

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Even in July he is still repeating himself from March, as if the pandemic was just beginning

Tragic News