American Politics

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
They're not allowed to boycott the platform or Joe Rogan, that's cancel culture! Cancel culture shouldn't be a thing! People should be listening to someone or watching someone no matter how shitty they are, just because I agree with that person! 😠
 

Jubei_Kibagami

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 26, 2018
Messages
6,815
Reaction score
11,877
Age
42
Country
United States
They're not allowed to boycott the platform or Joe Rogan, that's cancel culture! Cancel culture shouldn't be a thing! People should be listening to someone or watching someone no matter how shitty they are, just because I agree with that person! 😠
Who is making anywhere near this claim?
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
Majority of centrists and right wing whenever someone they agree with gets criticized for some form of bigotry.
 

Jubei_Kibagami

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 26, 2018
Messages
6,815
Reaction score
11,877
Age
42
Country
United States
So it's just a lie told by his family then, okay.
That's NOT what an anecdote is, as opposed to evidence that can be extrapolated to be meaningful to the masses, so I'm not sure where you got that I was saying or implying that the family was/is lying because I, correctly, called this one-off story an anecdote.

But since you went there, yeah, it happens. Hell, it happened with the news of the first reported omicron death in the UK; someone claiming to be a family member (accurate or not this was never confirmed) made a claim that an unvaxxed stepfather died.

Here's the actual facts of that claim:


So, yeah, sorry but "Jeffrey" the contact that talked to The Daily Beast (gee, I wonder just what type of person would want to go on record with a notoriously-biased 'media' source? No one with ANY agenda, that's who!) isn't exactly a pillar of reliability I'd hang my hat on.

Again, not that a lying family is even my claim. But it is possible, and it has happened before, as cited above.

The antithesis of this would be some rando claiming to be a family member calling into Fox to say that hillbilly g'ma died from a stroke 24hrs after receiving her jab - would you not have a healthy skepticism of what exactly that means? From the source to the news outlet to the implications of what that means about the vax.

Yes, saying "almost certainly" is a degree of likelihood. But it was rather unfounded in my eyes and you were still speaking on the situation using mostly assumptive reasoning without having most of the facts.
Let's be very clear - the issue you took is that I reported it as a given. Now, you're admitting I did indeed NOT speak in absolutes. I made a point that it is more than likely, that is all.

As for the facts, I think we've agreed the time frame works out to him STILL being infected during the heights of omicron, no? Not that I'm very interested in continuing to beat this dead horse or anything.

But again, if you think his family member or sources close to them are lying about it then none of this really matters.
This is a red herring. Whether his family was or wasn't lying (I have no idea, probably not, but the media source doing the reporting is sus to me) has little to do with whether he was infected with omicron over delta.

Not really following you here
Ah, well, apparently you aren't too familiar with how JRE listeners are categorized as of late (due to how they categorize Rogan himself - which is btw racist, sexism, transphobe, etc etc). The two lib lapdogs here probably don't want to bite your hand, but I wonder if you said you hated Rogan and *I* said I was a long-time, and still current listener if I'd be treated any differently. I guess we'll never know.

You're not disagreeing with me here though.... I specifically said he's NOT a chameleon when it comes to a select few topics. He's way less open to discussion from the opposite viewpoints when it comes to those few things.
Um, but I am. I think he IS a chameleon. About damn near everything. With very few exceptions. Maybe eating meat over vegetarianism/veganism (there are still vegan intellectuals I'd like to hear him talk with), the ethics of hunting, and trans athletes in sports. That may not be an exhaustive list but for the most part I believe he stays in his lane. I don't count covid here, but apparently you do. I'd again point out he hasn't ONLY platformed (so-called) antivaxxers, not that they are ACTUALLY antivaxx, but now we have to get into the definition of things and semantics' games...

His personal experience is that of a multi-millionaire entertainer who has access to whatever therapeutics he could possibly want with 1 phone call.
a) calling who? That's right, his personal doctor. Something that's supposed to be a sacred relationship for the left (hello, Roe v Wade). Now, maybe he can order what he wants no different than we can order fast-food, but at the very least Rogan wasn't self-prescribing (probably the same as his HRT). His treatment WAS IN FACT overseen by a qualified medical provider. That's not the slant on how it was reported. And the fact it was should be sufficient as medicine is also not monolithic - hello, 'get a second opinion' actually being a thing.

And you're talking to someone with Ivermectin in my house. I've had it for years, in liquid form, because it's an extremely cost-effective way to dose my dogs rather than giving expensive medication for worms - with the same/only active ingredient. But don't think in a heartbeat I wouldn't try to use it for myself if I saw the need (and I haven't), even if experimentally and as an ancillary treatment. But, I'm not an idiot that knows how to dose correctly per kilo, understands the extensive safety-profile, is aware of the exact fillers, and has a medical background of my own. Which brings me to my next point:

b) the therapeutics Joe has access to due to his wealth alone as you claim... well, it's very funny that many, many countries that are generally considered impoverished and third-world (or intermediate) have had GREAT SUCCESS getting IVM for instance as a treatment (among others, such a Zithro, pepcid, etc) in an extremely cost-effective manner - and with great outcomes - to their citizens. Oh, and chalk Japan up as a more 'first world' example of that as well. Funny, but the average Joe as it were can't get what these literal peasants can get living in the streets in the East. And they can't even get them off-label from their prescribing physicians, nor filled at pharmacies. They literally HAVE to resort to ordering from shady e-vendors in India and the like, or relying on domestic veterinary packaging (same EXACT compound, different dose and/or route) and attempting to titrate for human usage/dosage.

It's literally the OPPOSITE of first-world privilege, and your/our government is to blame for that. So much for "shutting down the virus," and actually caring about outcomes when people aren't given the option to get even off-label therapeutics from their own physician or pharmacy. There is extremely good, data-backed evidence that our government and medical body kowtowing to big pharma could have prevented countless deaths by allowing access to these extremely-safe, established medications. Which is rather disgusting.

So, pointing out Joe's access inadvertently makes a point some of us have been making about our covid response for literally years. It's a shame that it takes wealth or jumping through hoops to get similar treatment in the US and similar countries.

It is very easy to take alternative treatments when you have a doctor on call.
Agreed, and addressed above. This is a govt/medical/media failure not a Rogan failure. It doesn't make him incorrect or wrong about how he went about things, nor his 'advice' incorrect (which really hasn't even been given as advice).

It's very easy to tell your audience that the vaccine isn't necessary
I'll stop you right there - for many, many people - it's NOT. Puriodt. And science is proving this out - as is omicron. I know Risk Stratification is an esoteric wizardry cum heretical doctrine to the cult-like left, proponents of the biggest corporations in the world lol, but it's a long-established plan of approach for medicine and science since, well, the beginning really.

Now, it would be really different, and false, if Joe said NO ONE need the vaccine. Only, he's not doing anything even approaching that.

Nor are his guests.

and then just call yourself a dumb ape when there's any degree of scrutiny.
I actually don't think Rogan is THAT bright, nor do I think he thinks of himself as that bright. Maybe it's faux-humility, but he's been saying this about himself for a long, long time. What he does have is a genuine intellectual curiosity, and access to some of the brightest minds in their respective fields (which is largely why I listen - Joe's standup isn't my jam either). He's logged hundreds of hours talking to professionals and intellectuals and experts to the point that he has indeed acquired a lot of knowledge. If I had to guess I'd say he's probably no more than a standard deviation from the mean to the right on the bell-curve, give or take, but that's just a wild guess.

And, against the claims by the forum experts here calling him an "idiot" he's probably forgotten more than they even don't know they don't know about. He's also made a host of good business decisions.

Some "idiot" indeed.

By the by, he's ALLOWED to make incorrect claims, idiot or not.

It's also very easy to not embolden vaccine skepticism by cherry-picking data and entertaining his conspiracy brain by almost only talking to anti-vaxxers for the past year or so.
Again, he most certainly HAS NOT only hosted anti-vaxxers. That's just patently false.

But even if he were doing so, I don't see how that's not his prerogative.

He didn't always do that, he had people like Peter Hotez, Michael Osterholm, Rhonda Patrick, etc.
I've loved some of those interviews (more than one visit for some) - Rhonda has been one of the reason I sprout broc seeds year-round. And, as much as I've loved listening to these guests, it seems they were wrong as well. IIRC, Rhonda made some claims that didn't seem to pan out a year+ ago when it comes to covid. But, I'd have to pull that podcast again without making that claim with certainty. Unlike some here, I think it's important, and even entertaining, to listen to those with other view points. For instance, I've heard very convincing arguments about eating animal products, and convincing arguments against it - both bringing receipts. Things aren't as black-and-white as some would like to attempt to make things.

He's indulged the anti-vaxx crowd and has done so offering no challenge to them at all, because his mind is already made up.
That's not what he did recently with the myocarditis bit. He's reversed course, pushed back, been incredulous, been open-minded, asked questions, made commentary... he's done MANY things in regards to covid and everything else. He doesn't claim to be an expert, though he's certainly interviewed many, but he is entitled to his opinion either way.

And I don't believe knowledge is some gnostic source that only experts have privy to. Even the layman can form a qualified opinion for his or her self. Gate-keeping access to information and appealing to authority/credentialism is a disease - how very Romanism-esque of the left to do so. Try as he might, the manlet that is Brian Stelter and his other shills try to make the case that 'do your own research' is a bad term, done by bad people (heretics). Aren't the lefties all about luciferianism (in spirit at least) anyways - wanting knowledge for all? And I know you HATE gate-keeping.... or does that only apply to identity politics?

Skepticism about the Moon Landing being faked can't be compared to what he's doing on his podcast in regards to this topic.
He's not "doing" anything. Skepticism isn't a bad thing either, as it were, it's very scientific. We actually haven't seen a healthy, science-backed, skeptic response to the covid response in the left/media/gov response. It's shame it falls on fringe elements such as a guy that used to commonly host Eddie Bravo. Your media darlings have inadvertently made even Alex Jones more right than ever more and more, and that's saying a lot.

What CNN is or isn't doing doesn't matter to me, I'm a listener and I know what I hear.
It matters in the sense that the popular narrative has been formed BY the likes of CNN and similar sources. And that CNN wishes to put pressure on what is effectively an economic rival, with their own vested self-interests/conflicts, to... gate-keep. Right or wrong. It's relevant in that regard, because it has become a part of the story, and the pushback on Rogan and calls to censor him.
 
Last edited:

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Um, but I am. I think he IS a chameleon. About damn near everything. With very few exceptions. Maybe eating meat over vegetarianism/veganism (there are still vegan intellectuals I'd like to hear him talk with), the ethics of hunting, and trans athletes in sports. That may not be an exhaustive list but for the most part I believe he stays in his lane. I don't count covid here, but apparently you do. I'd again point out he hasn't ONLY platformed (so-called) antivaxxers, not that they are ACTUALLY antivaxx, but now we have to get into the definition of things and semantics' games...
You aren't.

I said that he is very much a chameleon on the majority things, but there's a handful of things he isn't on. That's what makes those things stand out so much to people that have listened to him regularly before. Some of those are of different consequence than others.

You're being so combative and verbose that at this point you're arguing with me when I'm saying the same thing as you...

I'll stop you right there - for many, many people - it's NOT. Puriodt. And science is proving this out - as is omicron.
Omicron may very well be a blessing. It doesn't make what Rogan has been saying or what he has "platformed" about vaccines well before Omicron was identified correct or responsible.

He's not "doing" anything. Skepticism isn't a bad thing either, as it were, it's very scientific. We actually haven't seen a healthy, science-backed, skeptic response to the covid response in the left/media/gov response. It's shame it falls on fringe elements such as a guy that used to commonly host Eddie Bravo. Your media darlings have inadvertently made even Alex Jones more right than ever more and more, and that's saying a lot.
His skepticism isn't scientific. It's not the work of a skeptic, it's the work of a contrarian that thinks anecdotal evidence trumps data. You yourself brought up the myocarditis thing and even when faced with the opposite of what he's saying he instead doubts the source of the data. That's not scientific, that's ego-driven cope.

I mean hell, maybe in a year he'll be in a different place in regards to this, maybe we might all be. But acting like there's no consequences to brazenly reinforcing nonsense and that it's not worth any scrutiny is silly. But you seem to disagree with this on a fundamental basis, so that's that.
 

ninjabot

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 20, 2006
Messages
8,247
Reaction score
3,239
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
United States

Political discourse. Of the legitimate variety. That's gonna get a lot of use in a couple months come the next police lynching when the riots start-


Well. Shit. Might not be long before it gets put to use after all.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Political discourse. Of the legitimate variety. That's gonna get a lot of use in a couple months come the next police lynching when the riots start-
My guess, giving way too much credit potentially, is that that comment is aimed at people who didn't actually break into the Capitol that might have been caught up in the investigation. Obviously though that says nothing about whether it's justified or not.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---




Just trying to imagine the headlines and fervent punditry we'd be seeing if Trump had done this
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
What USA is doing to Afghanistan is beyond cruel, but that's USA after all.
 

Sanity Check

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 7, 2019
Messages
2,171
Reaction score
4,726
Age
41
Country
Akatsuki
While some might feel bad about current events.

Consider that the middle class today.

Lives better than the richest man in the world 1,000 years ago.
 

ninjabot

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 20, 2006
Messages
8,247
Reaction score
3,239
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
United States

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
Mask opponents are kinda terrorists, if not bio terrorists. They're choosing their own convenience over protecting others.
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,292
Reaction score
24,926
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
Welp, the republicans do have a point in that the no fly list was actually made for potential terrorists. To me it feels like this is something the airlines as private entities can handle privately. Just refuse service and ban people who don't follow their rules. It's not their problem if other airlines want to service assholes.
 
  • Like
Reactions: M3J

Sanity Check

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 7, 2019
Messages
2,171
Reaction score
4,726
Age
41
Country
Akatsuki


Question: why does Kim Jong take a private toilet with him everywhere he goes.

...

Answer:
he is concerned journalists and spies might monitor his poop.


:toc
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

 

McNuss

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 5, 2012
Messages
2,995
Reaction score
2,436
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
The Russia/Ukraine crisis is not a topic at all im the US, am I right?

Honestly your new president is just as worse as the old one. Joe Biden is a dick and his habits are creepy as fuck. Guy literally looks like I imagine the Devil in human form , to be honest.


There is no real difference to Trump and not to Putin either. Just massive imperialist dicks, all of them.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

The thing that creeps me out is how bluntly he stated that they are capable of shutting down our pipeline. Like a journalist asked him how they could do that because it clearly is within Germany's realm of sovereignty and not theirs.

I'm so sick of this "we're the chosen ones/leading superpower/Tenryubito" attitude. It sucks.
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
The Russia/Ukraine crisis is not a topic at all im the US, am I right?

Honestly your new president is just as worse as the old one. Joe Biden is a dick and his habits are creepy as fuck. Guy literally looks like I imagine the Devil in human form , to be honest.


There is no real difference to Trump and not to Putin either. Just massive imperialist dicks, all of them.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

The thing that creeps me out is how bluntly he stated that they are capable of shutting down our pipeline. Like a journalist asked him how they could do that because it clearly is within Germany's realm of sovereignty and not theirs.

I'm so sick of this "we're the chosen ones/leading superpower/Tenryubito" attitude. It sucks.
It is a topic, with the left (I think?) saying USA is making shit up.

Other than his habits, Joe Biden's inability to carry out his promises and going from attacking millennials and the left to sucking up to them back to attacking them after winning makes him horrible.

I really do wish USA minded its own business.
 

Aeneas

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 17, 2019
Messages
1,814
Reaction score
3,995
Country
Italy
Gotta love the both sides idiots.
 

McNuss

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 5, 2012
Messages
2,995
Reaction score
2,436
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
It is a topic, with the left (I think?) saying USA is making shit up.

Other than his habits, Joe Biden's inability to carry out his promises and going from attacking millennials and the left to sucking up to them back to attacking them after winning makes him horrible.

I really do wish USA minded its own business.
The thing is, I do think the threat from Putin is serious. What is ommitted is that the other side is far from saintly, too. Basically Ukraine is a mess and that's for historical reason, it can't just change overnight. They do very dirty things, too, like cutting off water supplies and stuff.

But what infuriates me: It's pretty clear what Putin wants, and the US, while claiming they want to solve it diplomatically have nothing to offer on their side. All they have is threats, and with them they are revealing their true intentions:

There is a gas pipeline built between Germany and Russia. It was negotiated by our former Chancellor Schröder, who is kind of Putin's best friend so not exactly someone I support*, but it's already finished and needed to transition from coal to renewable energies without blowing up people's energy bills. It will also create tons of jobs in Mecklenburg-Pommerania, a federal state that is very weak economically as it is quite literally "nowhere", they even have a wild emu plague. US doesn't want this too happen at any cost. Instead they want to sell us dirty fracking gas.

But it goes even further than that and that's why I am infuriated, but it becomes more and more clear that America has no interest in a United Europe. It's basically the dark side of Sillicon Valley that is backing up all these emerging right-wing populists**, the same people that also backed up Trump, and Brexit and all this other crap, but atleast here I thought Biden would give us a break, but no, the same bullshit stuff we had with Obama and arguably Clinton, too (though I am too young to remember***).is continuing now and we have more and more division in the East.

*In fact, I think Putin got him by the balls, and quite literally. You see, Schröder is a selfmade man, who came from extreme poverty all the way to Federal Chancelor and then Gazprom manager, he's a multimillionaire now. He was often labeled "Comrade of the Bosses", and is someone who believes he can achieve anything out of his overflowing testosterone. He has been married for the fifth time now....but never had children on his own. Only two Russian kids adopted with help from Putin. So I think Putin bought him with something you cannot buy.

** Actually, yes I know in America the colors are inversed, but blue suits, while now kind of a fashion trend, I think this trend first emerged here in Europe from Right-Wing Populists and here in Europe blue suits are associated with right-wing populism in politics. That's why Biden looks so creepy to me, he's like the whitest man alive in a blue suit saying polite but imperialist things without showing much empathy nor respect for others. Actually I don't remember wether he already wore the blue suits during elections but he said nicer things and otherwise looked very old and somehow more grey than white (Gandalf?).

*** I did know what else he did though because Germany is pretty open, I just didn't know how they did it but I also knew the options. Which is in retrospect very weird because that's likely my first memory of a POTUS.
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,292
Reaction score
24,926
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
It is a topic, with the left (I think?) saying USA is making shit up.

Other than his habits, Joe Biden's inability to carry out his promises and going from attacking millennials and the left to sucking up to them back to attacking them after winning makes him horrible.

I really do wish USA minded its own business.
To be fair, this mess with Ukraine and Russia IS the US' business. Since it involves NATO, EU and allied countries. The US is not even threatening to invade anyone this time around (unless I am missing something). Even if you blame this mess on bad diplomacy from the US to russia... what then? Putin pretty much just said ukraine has zero right to be a country at all.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
I do wonder what the reaction to Mexico intending to sign the Warsaw Pact would be received, and whether the US' reaction to that would be considered justified or not.
 
Top