The United States imports 70 to 85 percent of its seafood, and nearly 50 percent of this imported seafood is produced via aquaculture. Driven by imports, the U.S. seafood trade deficit has grown to $16.9 billion in 2019.
I dunno if you like fish or not, but if you've eaten fish, it's probably fish you got overseas, most likely. If you bought it out of a store I mean. For me personally, I was taught to cut, clean, and gut fish, and me and my dad would go on fishing trips to Myrtle Beach every year when he was alive. I can understand the claim that left leaning folk don't hunt (it's cause we don't have guns), but the fishing claim is waaaaaay off.
Also, several of my relatives grow vegetables. They're not farmers, they just grow tomatoes, squash, collards and... I forget what else... because we live in the south, and they're old. It gives them a reason to spend time outside, and it's a productive hobby.
We're not gonna be in some crisis where we can't get food, but if it ever got to that point democrats'll be just fine.