One of the biggest reasons countries like Denmark, France, and the Nordic countries have higher rates of social trust and social mobility is because of the homogeneous nature of the country. Are there upsides to diversity? Sure. Diversity makes people uncomfortable, but discomfort isn't always a bad things. Unease with differences helps explain why teams of engineers from different cultures may be ideally suited to solve a vexing problem. Culture clashes can produce a dynamic give-and-take, generating a solution that may have eluded a group of people with more similar backgrounds and approaches. At the same time, though, more diverse populations seem to extend themselves less on behalf of collective needs and goals.
The countries you listed all have similar amount of foreign-born residents though as the US. In fact, both Sweden and Norway have more than the United States. Diversity or cultural differences also have a lot to do with geography. It's far easier for smaller countries to be more "homogenous".
Whoa whoa whoa: your problem with Trump isn't that he didn't take Covid seriously enough which resulted in the deaths of a huge portion of his voter base... but the fact that he stopped trying to hock snake oil that would result in the deaths of more of them?
Western Politicians seem to want to make Putin lose as slowly as possible until he comes to the conclusion to withdraw himself. Elseways, they'd deliver faster.
The reason seems to be that they think it is safer for everyone if putin loses slowly instead of being overrun. I am not sure whether that is true. It might be the safest option to just end this fiasco.
The main reason why they aren't going to overcome that mentality, despite having the intellect to do so (against DNA), is because of the wealthy and politicians keeping it like that. They want to keep people divided because people united means less power for them. Plus, it's easier to blame others than it is to blame one's self.
If we had better politicians, then maybe we could turn that into "we're in this together" mentality.
True, demagoguery has a lot to do with it, but ethnic tensions are everywhere and occur in all levels of society. Workers, for example, are weary because they perceive "foreigners" to be cultural and economic threats. After 60 years now, though, practically, of the upwardly mobile black and white people going to the same schools, living in the same neighborhoods, belonging to the same club, going to the same coffee shops, what one would expect sociologically is that while race discourse remains as an organizing principle for factions and alliances, you would expect we would have evolved much more toward a governing regime that’s more seamlessly interracial. And I think we by and large have. I think that, depending on circumstances and context, everybody in the elite level has an interest in emphasizing race to one degree or another and in some context.
This may not be entirely helpful, however. An old joke about the Hyde Park neighborhood on the South Side of Chicago, near the University of Chicago, was [it was] a place where black and white lock arms against the poor. That’s more what the governing order in most cities and in the country is at the moment.
The countries you listed all have similar amount of foreign-born residents though as the US. In fact, both Sweden and Norway have more than the United States. Diversity or cultural differences also have a lot to do with geography. It's far easier for smaller countries to be more "homogenous".
The percentage of the population that is foreign born and their country of origins have changed over time. In countries like France, historically the bulk of immigration came from countries like Spain, Italy, and Portugal. "Non-whites" have only increased in recent years, which has led to the arise of the far right in various countries and rhetoric you'd think was only associated with the US. In Denmark, for example, work requirements are geared toward foreigners (you're required to work at least 37 hours a week to even qualify for "welfare") and instituted a relocation program in 2019 geared toward nonwhites and immigrants.
One of the biggest reasons countries like Denmark, France, and the Nordic countries have higher rates of social trust and social mobility is because of the homogeneous nature of the country. Are there upsides to diversity? Sure. Diversity makes people uncomfortable, but discomfort isn't always a bad things. Unease with differences helps explain why teams of engineers from different cultures may be ideally suited to solve a vexing problem. Culture clashes can produce a dynamic give-and-take, generating a solution that may have eluded a group of people with more similar backgrounds and approaches. At the same time, though, more diverse populations seem to extend themselves less on behalf of collective needs and goals.
With the US, the biggest impact is arguably on the political system. Not only does the anti-government ideology that Republicans, and to a lesser extent, Democrats, have its roots in racial uneasiness, it also influenced the shape of the political system. Hence the fragmentation of the US political system where it's too difficult to deal with issues like the rapid entrenchment of wealth within the hands of the "deserving few" and out of the hands of the "undeserving many"
Many things aboiut that are inaccurate. France is a very diverse country that has substantial social problems and unrest, even independent from any migration isssue (yellow vests).
Norway is not a very homogenous country anymore, neither is denmark.
14% of the norwegian population originate from another country. Of norways 5 million inhabitants, 600.000 originate from a non EU country.
6.3% of the norwegian population originate from asia, 3.5% are muslims, roughly the same rate as in the US. Norway also is at the ery forefront of equality and fighting for minority rights. It is forbidden by law to misgender people in norway and it can lose you your job or bring you into jail. It also has affirmative action policies benefitting women even when it comes to very high ranking jobs.
The social trust in norway comes from the transfer of money from rich to poor. Norway has high inheritance taxes and even a wealth tax.
Higher diversity leads lower social capital. Those in more diverse communities tend to distrust their neighbors, regardless of the color of their skin, to withdraw even from close friends, to expect the worst from their community and its leaders, to volunteer less, give less to charity and work on community projects less often, to register to vote less, to agitate for social reform more but have less faith that they can actually make a difference, and to huddle
unhappily in front of the television.
True, demagoguery has a lot to do with it, but ethnic tensions are everywhere and occur in all levels of society. Workers, for example, are weary because they perceive "foreigners" to be cultural and economic threats. After 60 years now, though, practically, of the upwardly mobile black and white people going to the same schools, living in the same neighborhoods, belonging to the same club, going to the same coffee shops, what one would expect sociologically is that while race discourse remains as an organizing principle for factions and alliances, you would expect we would have evolved much more toward a governing regime that’s more seamlessly interracial. And I think we by and large have. I think that, depending on circumstances and context, everybody in the elite level has an interest in emphasizing race to one degree or another and in some context.
It has to be said tho that this is a problem that, at least in its severity, is specifically american, not universial.
In Germany (and i think other european countries, too), race plays far less of a role in the normal discourse.
If you have a friend from another race but the same social backround, then race will very rarely come up as a serious topic between you. Like, my polish or turkish friend might go like "ah, you Germans" or "us polish/turkish", but not in a divisive way but rather like a situational comedian would.
Putting race to the foreground is an american thing that swaps over to some extent, it is not universial (which is both good and bad).
Maybe some think it'll be from a diplomatic perspective, but I don't really care about this kind of thing.
I'd maybe make jokes or call the entire situation absurd but then I remembered that in this country we have some degree of choice in who our leaders are and we still choose inbred parasites anyway, so I digress.
What? No! Fuck that lmfao. A president doesn't need to know everything, he just has to know when to delegate to those that can make up for his failures in knowledge. That means hiring the best people, not just a bunch of Yes Men. Stupid Yes Men at that.
Note how Joe Biden and Kamala Harris never mention COVID to distance themselves from the negative COVID publicity monster as much as possible.
While Trump did daily COVID briefings (like a moron) to associate himself with COVID as much as possible.
Luckily for Trump the public associated Dr. Fauci, Bill Gates and others with COVID more than himself.
Biden and Kamala are in office after most of the people that don't take covid seriously have died off, and all of us decent human beings are vaxxed up. People are less fearful so there's no reason to remind people daily to stop trying to kill themselves.
And no, Republicans divert blame to Gates and Fauci. Not the public at large.
But if there wasn't a higher association and correlation he might wound up taking a lot of the blame.
They're literally doing the bair minimum to not be considered dismissive of covid. Wear masks. Get vaxxed. Treat it like a genuine threat. They're not hiding from anything. Hell, Biden said like... 3 or 4 days ago that "Covid is over". Which... lol, okay is some pretty dumb shit to say, but he's been good about it so far so I'll let him have that slip up.
xi0 said:
Maybe some think it'll be from a diplomatic perspective, but I don't really care about this kind of thing.
I'd maybe make jokes or call the entire situation absurd but then I remembered that in this country we have some degree of choice in who our leaders are and we still choose inbred parasites anyway, so I digress.
I expect pundits to spin it as a slap in the face to America and that Biden's being cucked by the Brits. That Trump would never settle for being sat that far back.
They're literally doing the bair minimum to not be considered dismissive of covid. Wear masks. Get vaxxed. Treat it like a genuine threat. They're not hiding from anything. Hell, Biden said like... 3 or 4 days ago that "Covid is over". Which... lol, okay is some pretty dumb shit to say, but he's been good about it so far so I'll let him have that slip up.
To be fair to the cryptkeeper, he said the pandemic was over, but that covid is still a problem. Which is true... I mean, hundreds of people still dying daily to it and everything.
There's also some sort of adenovirus going around that's infecting adults apparently. My Dad went to the ER yesterday because he was congested and his chest hurt when he breathed. Apparently it mimicked heart failure or something but after staying overnight and testing for 15 or so viruses he came back positive. So that's cool.
I expect pundits to spin it as a slap in the face to America and that Biden's being cucked by the Brits. That Trump would never settle for being sat that far back.
Funny, if you listen to any of the "independent thinkers" in that party, they've been quite busy felating the British Royal Family the entire time and would probably welcome being cucked in public like that.
It is insane to publicly display a complete lack of scruples like that. You know the party obsessed with pedophile elites controlling everything from the shadows tossing British salad on their little youtube channels and yet for some reason people get arrested for publicly chiding Prince Andrew over there and it's crickets from the Free Speech Warriors.
The irony being that these same types like to market themselves and use the term "Patriot" in every other sentence, while they probably would have broke out the kneepads instead of dumping tea in Boston Harbor if given the chance.
What? No! Fuck that lmfao. A president doesn't need to know everything, he just has to know when to delegate to those that can make up for his failures in knowledge. That means hiring the best people, not just a bunch of Yes Men. Stupid Yes Men at that.
To be fair to the cryptkeeper, he said the pandemic was over, but that covid is still a problem. Which is true... I mean, hundreds of people still dying daily to it and everything.
There's also some sort of adenovirus going around that's infecting adults apparently. My Dad went to the ER yesterday because he was congested and his chest hurt when he breathed. Apparently it mimicked heart failure or something but after staying overnight and testing for 15 or so viruses he came back positive. So that's cool.
My mom has been complaining of covid symptoms so I drove down to her city to administer the test for her... she didn't have it, but she's still suffering from some kind of illness so we're gonna head to the doctor to see what's up. She's 72 this year so we gotta stay on top of that stuff.
Funny, if you listen to any of the "independent thinkers" in that party, they've been quite busy felating the British Royal Family the entire time and would probably welcome being cucked in public like that.
It is insane to publicly display a complete lack of scruples like that. You know the party obsessed with pedophile elites controlling everything from the shadows tossing British salad on their little youtube channels and yet for some reason people get arrested for publicly chiding Prince Andrew over there and it's crickets from the Free Speech Warriors.
The irony being that these same types like to market themselves and use the term "Patriot" in every other sentence, while they probably would have broke out the kneepads instead of dumping tea in Boston Harbor if given the chance.
Yeah... something one of the streamers I watch regularly (Destiny, I'm sure you've heard of him) mentioned something I've been thinking since 2016. That there are crazies on the left and right. The difference between the parties being that the crazies on the left don't control the party, while the crazies on the right are the vast majority of their party. And because of that there are certain phrases that each side avoids using as to not signal that they're on the "wrong team". Even if it's possible to have these descriptors on both sides of the political spectrum.
Lefties don't claim to be patriots because that title is so focused on by the right. So much so that even having an American flag on their lawn is considered a signifier of a conservative household. Meanwhile what a lot of the right considers patriotism kinda leans into nationalism.
@Sanity Check: My point was that listening to advisors isn't bad if your advisors aren't bad, and since the president appoints their advisors you can judge a president's skill at delegation and problem solving based on who he's chosen to help him out. Meaning that's a big difference.
Many things aboiut that are inaccurate. France is a very diverse country that has substantial social problems and unrest, even independent from any migration isssue (yellow vests).
Norway is not a very homogenous country anymore, neither is denmark.
14% of the norwegian population originate from another country. Of norways 5 million inhabitants, 600.000 originate from a non EU country.
6.3% of the norwegian population originate from asia, 3.5% are muslims, roughly the same rate as in the US. Norway also is at the ery forefront of equality and fighting for minority rights. It is forbidden by law to misgender people in norway and it can lose you your job or bring you into jail. It also has affirmative action policies benefitting women even when it comes to very high ranking jobs.
Norwegians support higher taxes than in the US because they believe they receive valuable services for their taxes makes them much less sensitive to them than Americans are. An article in Inc. magazine about booming entrepreneurship in heavily taxed Norway made this point:
The first thing I learned is that Norwegians don’t think about taxes the way we do. Whereas most Americans see taxes as a burden, Norwegian entrepreneurs tend to see them as a purchase, an exchange of cash for services. “I look at it as a lifelong investment,” says Davor Sutija, CEO of Thinfilm, a Norwegian start-up that is developing a low-cost version of the electronic tags retailers use to track merchandise.
Harvard political scientist Robert Putnam - famous for "Bowling Alone," his 2000 book on declining civic engagement - has researched this extensively. There are other examples too. Economists Matthew Kahn of UCLA and Dora Costa of MIT reviewed 15 recent studies in a 2003 paper, all of which linked diversity with lower levels of social capital. Greater ethnic diversity was linked, for example, to lower school funding, census response rates, and trust in others. Kahn and Costa's own research documented higher desertion rates in the Civil War among Union Army soldiers serving in companies whose soldiers varied more by age, occupation, and birthplace.
Birds of different feathers may sometimes flock together, but they are also less likely to look out for one another.
It has to be said tho that this is a problem that, at least in its severity, is specifically american, not universial.
In Germany (and i think other european countries, too), race plays far less of a role in the normal discourse.
If you have a friend from another race but the same social backround, then race will very rarely come up as a serious topic between you. Like, my polish or turkish friend might go like "ah, you Germans" or "us polish/turkish", but not in a divisive way but rather like a situational comedian would.
Putting race to the foreground is an american thing that swaps over to some extent, it is not universial (which is both good and bad).
The US is illustrative because we've been dealing with these issues for 200+ years while Europe has only been dealing with them for the last twenty. You'll see similar issues in Latin America (e.g., Brazil), Israel, and various places throughout Africa, like S. Africa.
Find communities burdened with corrupt leaders and you’ll find communities that feel culturally isolated and politically embattled. Ask the locals why they back figures who loot their communities and destroy public institutions and you’ll hear semi-coherent rants about a lack of choices and a need to “stick together.” If their racial or ethnic champion is corrupt, they will resist outside efforts to bring that figure to justice out of a sense of community self-defense. A community that perceives itself under assault will consistently choose a strong leader over a good leader, regardless how oppressive or self-serving he may be.
Adding onto this: Trump is a narcissist. It's going to complicate his ability to find and retain anybody, hence his administration having the highest turnover rate for any presidential administration in recent memory.
Adding onto this: Trump is a narcissist. It's going to complicate his ability and retain anybody, hence his administration having the highest turnover rate for any presidential administration in recent memory.
Yeah, that's another good point. Having advisors you trust wholeheartedly is bad if your advisors suck, but having advisors that are the best you can go to for advisement, yet being too pigheaded to put your ego aside to listen to them is just as bad. I'd argue it's worse.
Oooh, I will answer to the rest, too, later. But you are very mistaken about that point. Europe has been dealing witht his for longer than america even exists.
If you for example take polish immigration to Germany, it started (in considerable numbers) about 1800 (okay, america exxists a little longer than that) and even back than, culture clashes were a big thing.
Fights like catholics against protestants and racial tensions ar not new to Europe.
A lot of European people have done terrible things to other european people even while living in the same areas (just think about british and irish). America sees race as black/white/asian, but race is also slavic, jewish, italian and so on. Eropee was constantly dealing with clashing cultures even back i the middle agee and modern times are no exception to that.
At least my father remember times when being Italian made you more likely to get checked up by the police.
The thing is that most of these cultures clashes did die down and diversity was accepted. Nobody today would have an issue with catholics/protestants.
I remember when Turkish/Russian people were blamed for most crime, that is mostly over, too.
The american perspective ont his topic is a little narrow in my opinion when it comes to the worldwide situation. The whole structure of European countries is usually not less diverse than America, it is just that many of these differences stopped being an issue some time down the road without that necessarily meaning they are homogenous in their culture.
My mom has been complaining of covid symptoms so I drove down to her city to administer the test for her... she didn't have it, but she's still suffering from some kind of illness so we're gonna head to the doctor to see what's up. She's 72 this year so we gotta stay on top of that stuff.
Get her tested for adenovirus then. Before my Dad had confirmation they also mentioned a flu that could present uncommon symptoms going around as well. I don't think he's had a fever but chest pain while breathing was enough for him to change his mind en route and go to the ER instead of a urgent-care clinic. Really weird. He had no symptoms like that the day before.
Yeah... something one of the streamers I watch regularly (Destiny, I'm sure you've heard of him) mentioned something I've been thinking since 2016. That there are crazies on the left and right. The difference between the parties being that the crazies on the left don't control the party, while the crazies on the right are the vast majority of their party. And because of that there are certain phrases that each side avoids using as to not signal that they're on the "wrong team". Even if it's possible to have these descriptors on both sides of the political spectrum.
Lefties don't claim to be patriots because that title is so focused on by the right. So much so that even having an American flag on their lawn is considered a signifier of a conservative household. Meanwhile what a lot of the right considers patriotism kinda leans into nationalism.
I'd still take exception with equating right crazies and left crazies personally, but obviously I'm biased. But yeah, the point is those who get labeled as fringe usually have no seat at the table with the Dems.
(Kinda offtopic, but how do you watch Destiny while reconciling that he's admitted that he uses the N word in his private life? Not going to say he has completely horrible takes, but I think the nature of his content and "debate bro" personality can make him kind of insufferable.)
Patriot as we currently understand it is a far-right nationalist dogwhistle. Which is kind hilarious considering its roots... The same people crying over broken windows at a Target will invoke the language/imagery of the kind of people that would throw the first brick.
So from what I can tell the president of the russian bank (or whatever the position's name is) has made the case that russian can't keep relying on it's foreign currency reserves AND also wants to resign from the job. So... holy shit?
I'd still take exception with equating right crazies and left crazies personally, but obviously I'm biased. But yeah, the point is those who get labeled as fringe usually have no seat at the table with the Dems.
I agree about it not being the same kinda crazy. But I do think there's a healthy kind of gatekeeping that we need which includes pointing out which ones on our side are going a smidge too far. I'm absolutely 100% pro LGBTQIA+ rights. I'm a feminist. I respect people's pronouns. Not xenogenders though. I think they hurt the movement. I ain't pro-black enough not to point out pushing for a black ethnostate is racist. I don't think we need to completely remove police from society. And I don't think trans women should be competing in professional sports with cis-women without some very distinct changes to sports.
(Kinda offtopic, but how do you watch Destiny while reconciling that he's admitted that he uses the N-word in his private life? Not going to say he has completely horrible takes, but I think the nature of his content and "debate bro" personality can make him kind of insufferable.)
Because I can't be offended by what someone says in private. The fact they're saying it in private is proof that they understand the social problems caused by saying it in public and want to avoid that. I've been watching him since 2016 and while he says it's okay to say in private, he doesn't promote saying it to people in public. The only thing that really annoyed me about his N-word stance is during last year when Hasan and Vaush got banned from Twitch for saying "cracker", because of him agreeing the word should be treated with the same weight as the N-word. Super dumb take right there.
And I enjoy the debate bro shit, admittedly. I've been watching atheist/theist debates for years for the same reason: I like seeing ideas from my opposing ideology presented by people that are educated and confident that they're right, only for them to be challenged by defenders of my own ideology. It helps me avoid confirmation bias because I'm hearing both sides, not just what I want to hear. And seeing the enemy felled is a huge dopamine rush lol.
The only big problems I have with Destiny is that 1: He's kinda mean... and 2: He attacks the left waaaaaay more than he attacks the right. Which is fine, because I have plenty of left-leaning streamers I can listen to that just want to have their audience be an echo chamber where we shit on conservatives all stream. It's healthy to also listen to someone that'll keep us honest.
Patriot as we currently understand it is a far-right nationalist dogwhistle. Which is kind hilarious considering its roots... The same people crying over broken windows at a Target will invoke the language/imagery of the kind of people that would throw the first brick.
Patriot as we currently understand it is a far-right nationalist dogwhistle. Which is kind hilarious considering its roots... The same people crying over broken windows at a Target will invoke the language/imagery of the kind of people that would throw the first brick.
I think it's more of why. They wouldn't care if a white supremacist broke a window at Target or assaulted and killed a woman, it's only if someone they don't agree with did that that they would have an issue. If a hockey team fans rioted and whatnot over a game, most of these people wouldn't care as much.
I agree about it not being the same kinda crazy. But I do think there's a healthy kind of gatekeeping that we need which includes pointing out which ones on our side are going a smidge too far. I'm absolutely 100% pro LGBTQIA+ rights. I'm a feminist. I respect people's pronouns. Not xenogenders though. I think they hurt the movement. I ain't pro-black enough not to point out pushing for a black ethnostate is racist. I don't think we need to completely remove police from society. And I don't think trans women should be competing in professional sports with cis-women without some very distinct changes to sports.
To be fair, I think most do this. But my point is that there is a distinct difference between chiding someone who is militantly pro-xenogender and chiding someone who is a neo-fascist/pedophile.
From a pragmatist's POV I'm not really sure I can agree with the last one. In a sense trans women are being penalized for transitioning and there not being enough to form a separate league to accommodate them. Of course the narrative is that people are only doing this because they can't compete against men... which obviously makes no sense. So you're in a situation where you end up banning them from competing based on arbitrary hormonal levels or something.
Because I can't be offended by what someone says in private. The fact they're saying it in private is proof that they understand the social problems caused by saying it in public and want to avoid that. I've been watching him since 2016 and while he says it's okay to say in private, he doesn't promote saying it to people in public. The only thing that really annoyed me about his N-word stance is during last year when Hasan and Vaush got banned from Twitch for saying "cracker", because of him agreeing the word should be treated with the same weight as the N-word. Super dumb take right there.
Doesn't that make it worse though? That it can't be blamed on the typical, inbred ignorance? He knows it's wrong but still think it's "normal" to be fine with using it? Idk, he seemed a bit too willing to let that kind of stance harm his relationship with someone like TriHex. I just found it baffling.
That's what the typical chud/4channer/groyper false equivalency is... and generally part of the reason he can rub me the wrong way. But he's from Nebraska and firmly entrenched in his own ass, so wtv. A lot of it is also dramawhoring with Twitch/Youtube nonsense in general, but I digress.
And I enjoy the debate bro shit, admittedly. I've been watching atheist/theist debates for years for the same reason: I like seeing ideas from my opposing ideology presented by people that are educated and confident that they're right, only for them to be challenged by defenders of my own ideology. It helps me avoid confirmation bias because I'm hearing both sides, not just what I want to hear. And seeing the enemy felled is a huge dopamine rush lol.
I think that's fair enough, but for me there comes a point when a discussion of ideas shouldn't be about the bloodsport of public debate. That doesn't really add anything to any sort of conversation, it's just about winning.
To be fair, I think most do this. But my point is that there is a distinct difference between chiding someone who is militantly pro-xenogender and chiding someone who is a neo-fascist/pedophile.
From a pragmatist's POV I'm not really sure I can agree with the last one. In a sense trans women are being penalized for transitioning and there not being enough to form a separate league to accommodate them. Of course the narrative is that people are only doing this because they can't compete against men... which obviously makes no sense. So you're in a situation where you end up banning them from competing based on arbitrary hormonal levels or something.
There are trans women with much less of a physical advantage over cis women out there, and it's accomplished in several ways. From avoiding a male puberty thanks to puberty blockers prior to transition to waiting until they've taken hrt and whatever else it takes to slough off their musculature if they've already gone through the male puberty and muscle and bone strengthening throughout their adult life. It's why I say I'm not okay with it without distinct changes. I feel like if a trans woman wants to compete badly enough they'll take stipulations provided they're not too demeaning or offensive.
I feel like there are non-arbitrary differences that can be relied upon. Weight classes... lung capacity... stuff like that.
Doesn't that make it worse though? That it can't be blamed on the typical, inbred ignorance? He knows it's wrong but still think it's "normal" to be fine with using it? Idk, he seemed a bit too willing to let that kind of stance harm his relationship with someone like TriHex. I just found it baffling.
I don't remember him saying it's normal to be fine with using it... but that it's not okay to be upset by something people do in the privacy of their own home. That that's a "you" problem, not a "them" problem. Which I don't disagree with. I DO however find it odd that such a word would be so important to you you'd have to defend your right to use it in private when you could just... say it in private and not try to defend it against black people, especially one you're friends with. He and Trihex are cool now, but we never see them talk anymore since his (Destiny's) ban from Twitch.
That's what the typical chud/4channer/groyper false equivalency is... and generally part of the reason he can rub me the wrong way. But he's from Nebraska and firmly entrenched in his own ass, so wtv. A lot of it is also dramawhoring with Twitch/Youtube nonsense in general, but I digress.
Don't get me wrong: I don't like him. He's unnecessarily abrasive. Needlessly inflammatory. Today he was inserting himself into the Hasan/xQc drama just cause he wanted to fuck with Hasan. Didn't do anything politics related at all whole stream just... kept feeding Felix arguments to debate with. Didn't like any of that.
I enjoy his other content though, and think it's necessary. And his rhetorical skill is admirable. It's like... if you take all the left-leaning politics streamers and make an X-men team, he'd be Wolverine. Sam Seder would be Cyclops. Vaush would be... I dunno... Beast?
So, the big thing that was happening in russia was apparently putin getting ready to announce sending more troops to ukraine. I am not sure if this is something the head of the central bank would know but it would explain why she wanted to resign. Looks like Putin is sticking to russia's tried and true tactic of sending wave after wave of troops to their deaths until the enemy is defeated. The concerning part to me right now is... russia's threats are not likely to disuade the EU and US from supporting Ukraine at this point. Nothing but an actual nuclear attack has an honest shot at that (as far as I can tell anyways)...