American Politics

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Are you voting for the liar Hillary then? Do you really want a lying president?
Probably not, but regardless of what some sheeple might say, this isn't a binary choice. And the sooner people realize such a thing and adapt this attitude, the sooner we'll be freer of this entire 2-year long pigfuck that is the modern Dem vs GOP election cycle.

Btw, calling Hillary a liar doesn't make Trump less of one :kappa
 

z.5

Only Half Psychic
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Global Moderator
Joined
Oct 26, 2008
Messages
3,996
Reaction score
18,572
Gender
Hidden
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
I firmly believe he has a very good chance at winning the Election.
Maybe if he didn't keep on trying to sabotage his chances...
Still, the fact that he can still put up any opposition at all is a tad worrying in my opinion.

The first reason is that he's addressing the problems going on and gives people a straight answer about how he'll handle it (not that I agree with his solutions).
What? That 'we will win again'?
That's not really an answer.

Fact is that he gives absolutely no answers to the majority of the questions he receives, but he gives no answer in such a boisterous way that people often look past the fact he has no actual policies/plans.

Third (and final) reason is that the Democrats Cactus-fucked themselves really hard with the leaked Emails, which is an enormous damage.
The fact that the Democrats put forward one of the weakest candidates they could really is the only reason why Trump still has any chance at all.

The only problems that Trump has is his stupid ego and his inability to "think before you speak", which resulted in a shit tonne of controversy like claiming Mexicans are Murderers and Rapists.
It's not that he can't "think before he speaks", but rather that his head is full of bile - the guy is a brain-dead boorish bigoted bell-end (alliteration for the win).
His ego is the only powerful thing about Trump (excluding the fact that he has strong family connections).

I would love to say that he should be too stupid to be voted in - but then again, this guy was also a President (so I guess the bar isn't set all that high):
 
Last edited:

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Pretty sure I've seen recent reports on his polling with minority groups and it's abysmal. It's worrying to see him close to holding office anywhere, but I think something big, and I mean something outside either candidate's control would have to occur for Clinton to lose. Like another major terrorist attack on US soil, or Clinton being prosecuted or something for Trump to win.

Clinton might be a Turd Sandwich, but she isn't a Giant Douche...
 
  • Like
Reactions: z.5

Evil3ye

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 19, 2008
Messages
7,276
Reaction score
28,464
Country
Fun Forum
I'm fairly curious if US Americans believe that Trump will move closer to the center after winning with his polarizing campaign and relativise his course, or if they support him, because they actually believe he'll build a wall, shut down islamic immigration and tourism and all those other absurd things he says.

If it's the former, form my understanding and information, it'd be a better choice than Hilary. Unless the supporters of the latter get reassured in their bigotry and radicalize even more.
 

Onyx Darkmatter

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 25, 2016
Messages
512
Reaction score
115
Age
31
Country
United States
Maybe if he didn't keep on trying to sabotage his chances...
Still, the fact that he can still put up any opposition at all is a tad worrying in my opinion.
Of course he's trying to keep sabotaging his chances, but so does Hillary (From the feminist speech to the Coal Mining controversy) and the Democratic Party.

What? That 'we will win again'?
That's not really an answer.

Fact is that he gives absolutely no answers to the majority of the questions he receives, but he gives no answer in such a boisterous way that people often look past the fact he has no actual policies/plans.
But it's still giving people an idea that he's aware of the issues. I'm not saying he's giving good answers nor is his "policies" are any good (if there is one), but what I'm saying is that people don't see him as a "typical, PC politician that is bought by corporations" (but I see him as someone worse than that, because at least politicians are made for that specific field).

The fact that the Democrats put forward one of the weakest candidates they could really is the only reason why Trump still has any chance at all.
Not only that, the Democrats gave Sanders and millions of voters the middle finger and that's really bad on Hillary and the Party. If the email leaks caused Trump to win the race, then they'll remember that they shouldn't have fucked with the people in the first place.

It's not that he can't "think before he speaks", but rather that his head is full of bile - the guy is a brain-dead boorish bigoted bell-end (alliteration for the win).
His ego is the only powerful thing about Trump (excluding the fact that he has strong family connections).

I would love to say that he should be too stupid to be voted in - but then again, this guy was also a President (so I guess the bar isn't set all that high):
Still, if he were to chose his words carefully instead of spewing nonsense, he would've most likely won the race by a land slide. His policies would still be absurd, but at least he'll sound more like a professional than a nutjob.

At least with George Bush, he knows where not to cross the line, like violating rights on American soil (whereas Trump wants blood spilled on American soil).
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,293
Reaction score
24,926
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
Welp, this one made me laugh as much as it scared me:
http://www.politico.com/story/2016/08/steve-bannon-gop-bacher-227122
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...8/17/trump-reshuffles-staff-in-his-own-image/

So trump, the guy whose relationship with the truth is as nonexistent as the wealth he pretends to have, decided his campaign was not insane and ineffective enough and went on to hire the lord king of the trolls and bullshitters and all around pieces of shit. I guess it sort of makes sense if even fox news, which looks like a truthful, reliable, left wing liberal and unbiased media outlet next to breitbart, is also not taking trump's shit.... Things are about to get classy.

Seriously.... at this point it seems like trump is literally trying his best to loose. I mean, what other reason could there be to pick someone who effectively is a republican basher and a even a white supremacist if some sources are to be believed? What's next? Is he going to draw a swastica on the white house? Is he going to build a room for putin at the white house (which would of course be right next to the room where trump blows putin)? WTF!?
 
Last edited:

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
I'm fairly curious if US Americans believe that Trump will move closer to the center after winning with his polarizing campaign and relativise his course, or if they support him, because they actually believe he'll build a wall, shut down islamic immigration and tourism and all those other absurd things he says.
Personally, at one point I thought maybe there would be a possibility that this charade would fade away once he won the primary but now I don't see how anyone could think it's worth the risk unless they're actually buying what he's selling...somehow.......whatever the fuck it is.

There most definitely is a substantial contingent of people who do actually believe he will do such things and agree with it...unfortunately. I think the way he acts is enough of a reason to never vote for him, much less the shit he says.
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,293
Reaction score
24,926
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
Personally, at one point I thought maybe there would be a possibility that this charade would fade away once he won the primary but now I don't see how anyone could think it's worth the risk unless they're actually buying what he's selling...somehow.......whatever the fuck it is.

There most definitely is a substantial contingent of people who do actually believe he will do such things and agree with it...unfortunately. I think the way he acts is enough of a reason to never vote for him, much less the shit he says.
That ship is long sailed.... I used to think trump would adjust for the general election but a few weeks after the republican primary was over it was quite clear that he had no intention of doing such a thing. And now, after every poll him shows him 10 points behind, after manafort's relationship to russian folk were discovered, after saying the second amendment people can do something about hillary, inviting russia to intervene in US politics, sticking to most conspiracy theories he has mentioned and god knows what else he goes and brings in the breibart guy, a guy probably crazier than trump in his positions that represents the furthest far right conservative insanity in the US. Trump is months away from the election and the best thing he can come up with is double down on the craziest things he has said. At this point either trump is intentionally trying to loose or he is simply so deep into his fantasy world that he is sticking to the insanity which has not been working so far.....
 

Evil3ye

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 19, 2008
Messages
7,276
Reaction score
28,464
Country
Fun Forum
Is there no discussion to remove the electoral college and implement a direct vote at any point? Perhaps that could bring more variety into the political landscap and prevent and either-or decision by making it easier for alternative candidates to be elected.

Or is that a topic the two parties in the system are not interested in changing and ever will?
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Is there no discussion to remove the electoral college and implement a direct vote at any point? Perhaps that could bring more variety into the political landscap and prevent and either-or decision by making it easier for alternative candidates to be elected.

Or is that a topic the two parties in the system are not interested in changing and ever will?
Well, the electoral college is rooted in the constitution, so changing this system would likely require a constitutional amendment, which would require a supermajority in congress to pass.

And it probably wouldn't be in either party's best interest to get rid of it either, unfortunately.
 

Onyx Darkmatter

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 25, 2016
Messages
512
Reaction score
115
Age
31
Country
United States
Problem here is that even if there are people who do wanted change, there are still people in the country that treats the Constitution as if it's the Holy Bible given by Jesus himself; changing the constitution (even a little bit) would be almost impossible to happen.

I mean, if we were to riot, then we might as well as trigger a civil war (and be like Syria in this case). It will be devastating and far more impactful than Brexit.
 

Evil3ye

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 19, 2008
Messages
7,276
Reaction score
28,464
Country
Fun Forum
Hmm. Basically you're fucked, huh.

So how much creditability does the US media give to Michael Moore's comments on Donald Trump's intention in the presidential campaign? As in it started as a gimmick to raise the public interest on his shows, and coming that far unintentionally now trying to get out of it with the most ridiculous statements.

I for one gotta say, I'm kinda tempted to take a look at the apprentice. :eyeroll
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
So how much creditability does the US media give to Michael Moore's comments on Donald Trump's intention in the presidential campaign? As in it started as a gimmick to raise the public interest on his shows, and coming that far unintentionally now trying to get out of it with the most ridiculous statements.
This is usually favored among the tinfoil people, compared to people saying he's a Clinton plant or something.

The guy is an attention-whore, most politicians are I guess. He probably took a chance to insert him into the media cycle because people would listen to him, he had earned some "fans" due to the whole Obama-birther bullshit. He then probably saw the potential field and someone like Jeb Bush as the likely frontrunner, and just went ahead with it. I mean, his whole business is his name, so what could it really hurt for him to make it larger? As to whether he wants to win now, probably...just for ego's sake I guess.
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,293
Reaction score
24,926
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
Problem here is that even if there are people who do wanted change, there are still people in the country that treats the Constitution as if it's the Holy Bible given by Jesus himself; changing the constitution (even a little bit) would be almost impossible to happen.

I mean, if we were to riot, then we might as well as trigger a civil war (and be like Syria in this case). It will be devastating and far more impactful than Brexit.
Wouldn't it depends on who you ask a bit? From what I have seen the constitution is practically venerated at the US however it is also true that it has been amended a number of times (not entirely sure of how many). During the last couple of elections there have been a number of issues present when it comes to how voting works. And a lot of that is basically because of delegates. Given the circumstances I wouldn't be surprised if the people would go for an amendment to get rid of the electoral college and instead vote directly. I mean, what has the electoral college done recently? During the Bush-Gore election Gore actually beat Bush in terms of votes. Over the last couple primaries there was a decent bit of controversy about delegates. The purpose of the system was so that if a terrible candidate that endangered the republic got elected there would be a way to phase it out. Trump is someone who has managed to stand against his party and the delegates did not even kick him out. The delegates did not do their one job. To me it does not look like there is a rational reason to keep it. People at the US even think they vote directly for stuff anyways. Virtually everyone takes issue with gerrymandering as well. At least when it comes to the population Iwouldn't be surprised if there was support for the idea even if there was a lack of political will among politicians.
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
Are you voting for the liar Hillary then? Do you really want a lying president?
Trump is just as much of a liar as Hillary is, if not way worse. His lies divide America.
I firmly believe he has a very good chance at winning the Election.

The first reason is that he's addressing the problems going on and gives people a straight answer about how he'll handle it (not that I agree with his solutions). The second reason is that he knows how to lure people into playing his game (which is the name calling), and some of it are quite accurately as well, like "Crooked Hillary". Third (and final) reason is that the Democrats Cactus-fucked themselves really hard with the leaked Emails, which is an enormous damage.

The only problems that Trump has is his stupid ego and his inability to "think before you speak", which resulted in a shitton of controversy like claiming Mexicans are Murderers and Rapists. However, of all the problems that I personally see about Trump, it's that he fails to take responsibility and prefers to blame it on anything that isn't himself (Like that reporter who happens to like Trump, only for her to have her hair pulled by some of his agent; worst part is that Trump claimed that it never happened). If he can't take responsibility or even apologize to the offenses he actually committed, then he might as well as drop out of the race because we don't need a Commander in Chief who can't take responsibility or even acknowledge his (or her) mistake.
Straight answer? When has he ever done that, other than saying he'll build a wall and ban Muslims? Most of the time, I see him saying, "only I can do this, only I can do that, ME ME ME!" or "I'll take your question to my team and we'll discuss this," which is another way of saying he has no idea. He didn't even know what #Brexit is, which as a potential president is inexcusable.
 

Onyx Darkmatter

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 25, 2016
Messages
512
Reaction score
115
Age
31
Country
United States
Wouldn't it depends on who you ask a bit? From what I have seen the constitution is practically venerated at the US however it is also true that it has been amended a number of times (not entirely sure of how many). During the last couple of elections there have been a number of issues present when it comes to how voting works. And a lot of that is basically because of delegates. Given the circumstances I wouldn't be surprised if the people would go for an amendment to get rid of the electoral college and instead vote directly. I mean, what has the electoral college done recently? During the Bush-Gore election Gore actually beat Bush in terms of votes. Over the last couple primaries there was a decent bit of controversy about delegates. The purpose of the system was so that if a terrible candidate that endangered the republic got elected there would be a way to phase it out. Trump is someone who has managed to stand against his party and the delegates did not even kick him out. The delegates did not do their one job. To me it does not look like there is a rational reason to keep it. People at the US even think they vote directly for stuff anyways. Virtually everyone takes issue with gerrymandering as well. At least when it comes to the population Iwouldn't be surprised if there was support for the idea even if there was a lack of political will among politicians.
That's a good point you make, but I still don't see the potential abolishment (let alone, reform) of the Electoral College. Maybe the Conservatives/Republicans would want such a thing, especially with Trump who destroyed the GOP, but I doubt the Democrats would want a system like that to be tampered with.
Then again, anything is possible. If changing/eliminating the system means a better voting system, then I'm cool with that.

Straight answer? When has he ever done that, other than saying he'll build a wall and ban Muslims? Most of the time, I see him saying, "only I can do this, only I can do that, ME ME ME!" or "I'll take your question to my team and we'll discuss this," which is another way of saying he has no idea. He didn't even know what #Brexit is, which as a potential president is inexcusable.
Even with a terrible answer/"no answer", he is addressing issues going on worldwide. I'm not saying he's giving good answers or has better solutions, but what I'm saying is that his "strategy" seems to work in a certain degree (a combination of fearmongering and nationalism, the latter being the most dangerous).

Which reminds me:


I was curious if he's a smokescreen Nigel Farage. :yodawg
 
Top