I never said it was about deplatforming, I'm just saying cancel culture isn't about ostracism, nor is it a thing. Though maybe as ninjabot pointed out, digging up old posts and tweets might be close to it, at least if people throw a shitfit.
You can, but you still can't get cancelled. She was still making videos, still getting views, and still likely getting money and getting interviewed. That's not being cancelled. Kaepernick was cancelled in NFL because no team was willing to hire him because he refused to stop kneeling in protest of USA's treatment of Black people. And even then, he wasn't really cancelled because he still has a lot of support and is working with Nike, and I say this as someone who supports his action and is disgusted with how he's been blackballed.
YOu're putting words in my mouth and accusing me of saying things I never even came close to hinting at thinking. Cancel culture is not a thing because it hasn't destroyed lives, for the most part, nor have people really been hurt. Ninety-five percent of the time, at the very least, people confuse accountability with cancel culture, and I rarely see proof otherwise.
That's not cancel culture. What happened to Corbyn is part of politics, the other side dug up dirt on him and used that to hurt his standing. It's a tactic. Does contrapoints have a job? Does she still earn money? Does she still work with others? If so, she's definitely not cancelled.
I am not, you are. I've actually looked up what it means. If cancel culture existed, then people like Chris Brown wouldn't be releasing songs and working with other artists, he'd be casted out of the industry for being an abusive, , violent, and homophobic piece of shit. Hell, James Gunn was under fire for his old tweets, but he wasn't truly cancelled because he still got hired for different projects even though he did get fired from GotG.
Bet you think Harvey Weinstein, R Kelly, and Bill Cosby got unfairly cancelled.