American Politics

ninjabot

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 20, 2006
Messages
8,247
Reaction score
3,239
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Does anyone here support Brandon and would vote for him in 2024? I am curious. Is a serious question.
Finally getting tired of no one being upset by your constant attacks on him lol? You'll find no one in this thread who's a fan of Joe Biden. No one.

As for who I'd vote for, I vote for policies, not people. The policies that matter to me are represented by the Democratic party (at least more than they are on the Republican party), so I have to vote for whoever gets the Democratic candidacy in 2024, regardless of whether that's Biden running again, or someone on this list:


So the answer is yes, I'd vote for him if I had to pick between him and a Republican.
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
I'd rather vote for Biden over Trump, he's slightly more competent and doesn't look as dumb as Trump.

 

DeadCosmos

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2022
Messages
750
Reaction score
1,296
Age
26
Country
United States
Lynching is a crime either way Brandon haha. This man can barely get anything significant done ugh. You are about a century late too Brandon but you are very old so I guess I can let you go on that one.
 

ninjabot

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 20, 2006
Messages
8,247
Reaction score
3,239
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
United States
DeadCosmos said:
You sure? Cause it seems like you're trying your hardest to make people feel bad about supporting Joe Biden. So bad in fact that if you can't find someone who supports him, you'll claim they do so you'll have a target to make fun of.

See what I mean? Why'd you bother asking if anyone likes Biden if you were just gonna claim they like him anyway to justify your constant attacks? Matter of fact, I remember one of the first things you asked in this thread was "What good has Brandon done as president", and I posted a whole list of accomplishments and asked you if you agreed if those things were good or not, and you didn't respond. As if you don't care whether he's doing a good job or not.

Which would make a lot of sense.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,178
Reaction score
30,220
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
I'm not really thrilled about another Biden term but the issue is what the alternative would be. I'm wondering what my breaking point is there because that method of thinking every fucking election is increasing apathy in me. And it has to be for most other left-leaning voters who aren't hopeless neoliberal toadies.

If Larry Hogan runs, and he doesn't completely debase himself for the sake of appealing to the absolute psychopaths that have taken over his party and somehow still manages to get the nomination, there's a possibility that it would give me pause though. But all of that happening seems doubtful.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

haha even DEMOCRAT nasty pelosi bought house in REPUBLICAN florida, no one wants to live in the 2 states with the highest homeless unless they are rich enough to distance themselves from all that filth and weirdos.
Is she selling her 3 homes in California?
 

DeadCosmos

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2022
Messages
750
Reaction score
1,296
Age
26
Country
United States
You sure? Cause it seems like you're trying your hardest to make people feel bad about supporting Joe Biden. So bad in fact that if you can't find someone who supports him, you'll claim they do so you'll have a target to make fun of.



See what I mean? Why'd you bother asking if anyone likes Biden if you were just gonna claim they like him anyway to justify your constant attacks? Matter of fact, I remember one of the first things you asked in this thread was "What good has Brandon done as president", and I posted a whole list of accomplishments and asked you if you agreed if those things were good or not, and you didn't respond. As if you don't care whether he's doing a good job or not.

Which would make a lot of sense.
Yes. You said you would vote for him so you support him! I dont care if you dont understand how that works, but I do, and my mind won’t change so don’t bother trying to change it!
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Is she selling her 3 homes in California?
Pretty sure she isn’t! Homes are a good investment right now haha. She obviously would care about that since she uses her position as a politican to get insider information for stock market trading… Smart girl! She also rich so she isnt around homeless, but instead probably around with other rich people that lots of democrats are jealous of and dont like haha.
 

ninjabot

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 20, 2006
Messages
8,247
Reaction score
3,239
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
United States
xi0 said:
I'm not really thrilled about another Biden term but the issue is what the alternative would be. I'm wondering what my breaking point is there because that method of thinking every fucking election is increasing apathy in me. And it has to be for most other left-leaning voters who aren't hopeless neoliberal toadies.
I don't think anyone's thrilled about another Biden term except old black ladies that think he's best friends with Obama. And yes, it does suck having to settle for what the Dems give us... but you do what you can do until you can do better. Until you can do more. I'll never be so disillusioned by the Democratic party that I choose not to vote, choose to vote Republican, or choose to vote for a left leaning candidate that I'm afraid is too far left to get the nomination.

If Larry Hogan runs, and he doesn't completely debase himself for the sake of appealing to the absolute psychopaths that have taken over his party and somehow still manages to get the nomination, there's a possibility that it would give me pause though. But all of that happening seems doubtful.
It's a good idea to keep tabs on potential candidates but a better idea to remain skeptical. Don't wanna get your hopes up to the point you waste a vote. I know people personally that voted for Yang.
 

McNuss

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 5, 2012
Messages
2,995
Reaction score
2,436
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Gotta wonder how much russia will tolerate ukraine going forward then. The war is by all appearances a disaster for russia, they are no closer to winning a month in and by all appearances it's army looks... about as good as you should expect from their economy. It doesn't look like their security concerns will be meaningfully addressed either. At least not the ones they started with... Mostly because nothing that has happened will prevent ukraine from distancing itself from russia going forward even if neutrality is assured or promised or whatever.
Idk I think the western narrative of the Ukrainians beating the Russians all the time is also wrong. Ukraine is huge, it can't be conquered in a week without commiting genocide.

I think chances are higher this becomes an extension of the 2014 scenario, which sometimes was called a "civil war", but it was not. You can't create a military out of Donezk/Luhansk, it always was Russian agrression. I think this war could potentially never end properly.

I have a fear Putin's intention was never truly Ukraine, he just wants to take as much as he can get here. His goal was to split Europe. He wants a "Russian World", but while the West never bothered adapting anything from the East, the East adapted a lot from the West, and that includes Russia. Putin hates that.

He is a former KGB agent, meaning nothing we know about him is likely true. However, its seems apparent he is not a communist or a communism nostalgic like Lukashenko.

I think what will eventually come out is that Putin is the Russian equivalent of a Nazi. Secret agents are picked for their loyalty, and loyalty towards the country is certainly valued higher than loyalty to the ideology. Also #1 rule about conspiracy theories is all accusations that their creators made up are actually true about themselves!
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,286
Reaction score
24,919
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
Idk I think the western narrative of the Ukrainians beating the Russians all the time is also wrong. Ukraine is huge, it can't be conquered in a week without commiting genocide.

I think chances are higher this becomes an extension of the 2014 scenario, which sometimes was called a "civil war", but it was not. You can't create a military out of Donezk/Luhansk, it always was Russian agrression. I think this war could potentially never end properly.

I have a fear Putin's intention was never truly Ukraine, he just wants to take as much as he can get here. His goal was to split Europe. He wants a "Russian World", but while the West never bothered adapting anything from the East, the East adapted a lot from the West, and that includes Russia. Putin hates that.

He is a former KGB agent, meaning nothing we know about him is likely true. However, its seems apparent he is not a communist or a communism nostalgic like Lukashenko.

I think what will eventually come out is that Putin is the Russian equivalent of a Nazi. Secret agents are picked for their loyalty, and loyalty towards the country is certainly valued higher than loyalty to the ideology. Also #1 rule about conspiracy theories is all accusations that their creators made up are actually true about themselves!
I don't think that has been the narrative though. That's not what I've gotten from the news cycle at least... I agree in that trying to take ukraine in a week is pure madness. But there are apparently credible reports that this is what russia was going for. With them calculating a substantial portion of the ukranian population and military would support them (which obviously didn't happen).

The russian world bit definitely plays into this, I don't think anyone could dispute this at this point. That said, I don't see what russia is getting out of this anymore. Initial optimistic assumptions aside, the war has definitely stalled. And russia is still a relatively small economy, it's just not built for a prologued conflict of this scale. Let alone against such a huge target that is getting every ounce of support it can get without triggering a nuclear war.

Putin is almost definitely not a communist. I think he is on record saying communism is a bit of a dead end? Trying to frame putin as a communist or capitalist is probably a mistake though. Putin just doesn't seem to prioritize the economy. I don't get the impression his views are framed around that. Even articles around how russia will handle sanctions don't really mention how the people's pockets and stomachs will be kept healthy. Most of it is just "fuck the sanctions and maybe china will help". Putin is probably closer to fascists in this sense. Putting the soil, blood and motherland ahead of the people and economy and whatnot. He definitely does not care for democracy. So in framed in a more western way in terms of right-left wing... I suppose he'd be a... anti democratic left of center socially conservative?
 

McNuss

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 5, 2012
Messages
2,995
Reaction score
2,436
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I don't think that has been the narrative though. That's not what I've gotten from the news cycle at least... I agree in that trying to take ukraine in a week is pure madness. But there are apparently credible reports that this is what russia was going for. With them calculating a substantial portion of the ukranian population and military would support them (which obviously didn't happen).

The russian world bit definitely plays into this, I don't think anyone could dispute this at this point. That said, I don't see what russia is getting out of this anymore. Initial optimistic assumptions aside, the war has definitely stalled. And russia is still a relatively small economy, it's just not built for a prologued conflict of this scale. Let alone against such a huge target that is getting every ounce of support it can get without triggering a nuclear war.

Putin is almost definitely not a communist. I think he is on record saying communism is a bit of a dead end? Trying to frame putin as a communist or capitalist is probably a mistake though. Putin just doesn't seem to prioritize the economy. I don't get the impression his views are framed around that. Even articles around how russia will handle sanctions don't really mention how the people's pockets and stomachs will be kept healthy. Most of it is just "fuck the sanctions and maybe china will help". Putin is probably closer to fascists in this sense. Putting the soil, blood and motherland ahead of the people and economy and whatnot. He definitely does not care for democracy. So in framed in a more western way in terms of right-left wing... I suppose he'd be a... anti democratic left of center socially conservative?
I this reports are our spin to strenghten Selenskyi. I think the goal is to cut as much out as possible but the priority is in the conflict itself. Europe is a construct, it is not real, The continent is called Eurasia. What Putin did is he hit this construct with a wrecking ball. There isn't just Ukraine. The only non-EU country that could join asap is Iceland (assuming Norway, UK and Switzerland never want to join [again]), everything else is problematic and most of these problems are somewhat related to Russia. Europe isn't ready for all of this. There is so much potential for more and more conflict and division.

Russia isn't that poor, they have a huge amount of resources. It's just that the wealth is very unequally distributed, many times more than in most other places in the world and afaik even more than the US. But I don't think they will starve they produce enough food.

Their economy is also highly geared towards supporting Russia Republic (out of I think 84 that make up the Russian Federation), and within Russia proper, the Moscow and Petersburg areas.

I think he isn't just counting on China. The longer this conflict goes on, the less the non-European world will care. And what Russia can offer, gas and oil and stuff is very valuable. Ukraine is a faraway place for most of the world and if we are honest the only reason we are so involved and upset here is because it is Europe. I even think had this happened in the questionable parts of Europe (Kaukasus, Kazakhstan*), we wouldn't care half as much and rather take the gas, and had this happened somewhere within Russia (which also has happened as Russia actually isn't just Russia) we wouldn't care at all.

Arguably, even the US, prior to Putin's invasion that they even warned about themselves, still half assed their involvment, and I still think they too thought he isn't going to invade anyways (or maybe no further than Donbass) and we just keep up these games to stop the North Stream 2 pipeline.

*I mean, wtf happened in Kazakhstan? See, its true, no one cares.

I hope the west will take a lesson from this. They really thought they could yolo through the Soviet collapse. Everyone should go and blame their parents because that generation really fucked up, it's not just the Soviet collapse, we also lost our chance to stop climate change over a blowjob lol wtf. I love the 90s for my childhood but politically it was too much cocaine, only possible explanation.

From now on, we will have to get better! I think Putin wants to spend his remaining 30 years in his castle in his "Russian World", but I think what he plans for his legacy is what we should be worried about: And that is destroying democracy. He is not the only one trying and time will make people stop caring about this conflict.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,178
Reaction score
30,220
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
I don't think anyone's thrilled about another Biden term except old black ladies that think he's best friends with Obama. And yes, it does suck having to settle for what the Dems give us... but you do what you can do until you can do better. Until you can do more. I'll never be so disillusioned by the Democratic party that I choose not to vote, choose to vote Republican, or choose to vote for a left leaning candidate that I'm afraid is too far left to get the nomination.
There are a ton of libs who support Biden as if he's an extension of Obama or something. A return to "normalcy" after Trump, without realizing that politicians like Biden are why Trump was taken seriously in the first place. If Covid never happened, Biden would have never won IMO.

It's a good idea to keep tabs on potential candidates but a better idea to remain skeptical. Don't wanna get your hopes up to the point you waste a vote. I know people personally that voted for Yang.
I'm not saying I would vote for him, the Democratic primary is more important in my state since it never goes Red anyway. That's not a factor this time (it probably should be...).

I think Yang was promising when it came to certain ideas he had, but he didn't have the gumption or charisma to go further as an outsider. And ever since then he's been a complete clown show.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Pretty sure she isn’t! Homes are a good investment right now haha. She obviously would care about that since she uses her position as a politican to get insider information for stock market trading… Smart girl! She also rich so she isnt around homeless, but instead probably around with other rich people that lots of democrats are jealous of and dont like haha.
So then let's be realistic and admit the homeless are nowhere near any of the properties she owns, regardless of where she lives.
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,286
Reaction score
24,919
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
I this reports are our spin to strenghten Selenskyi. I think the goal is to cut as much out as possible but the priority is in the conflict itself. Europe is a construct, it is not real, The continent is called Eurasia. What Putin did is he hit this construct with a wrecking ball. There isn't just Ukraine. The only non-EU country that could join asap is Iceland (assuming Norway, UK and Switzerland never want to join [again]), everything else is problematic and most of these problems are somewhat related to Russia. Europe isn't ready for all of this. There is so much potential for more and more conflict and division.

Russia isn't that poor, they have a huge amount of resources. It's just that the wealth is very unequally distributed, many times more than in most other places in the world and afaik even more than the US. But I don't think they will starve they produce enough food.

Their economy is also highly geared towards supporting Russia Republic (out of I think 84 that make up the Russian Federation), and within Russia proper, the Moscow and Petersburg areas.

I think he isn't just counting on China. The longer this conflict goes on, the less the non-European world will care. And what Russia can offer, gas and oil and stuff is very valuable. Ukraine is a faraway place for most of the world and if we are honest the only reason we are so involved and upset here is because it is Europe. I even think had this happened in the questionable parts of Europe (Kaukasus, Kazakhstan*), we wouldn't care half as much and rather take the gas, and had this happened somewhere within Russia (which also has happened as Russia actually isn't just Russia) we wouldn't care at all.

Arguably, even the US, prior to Putin's invasion that they even warned about themselves, still half assed their involvment, and I still think they too thought he isn't going to invade anyways (or maybe no further than Donbass) and we just keep up these games to stop the North Stream 2 pipeline.

*I mean, wtf happened in Kazakhstan? See, its true, no one cares.

I hope the west will take a lesson from this. They really thought they could yolo through the Soviet collapse. Everyone should go and blame their parents because that generation really fucked up, it's not just the Soviet collapse, we also lost our chance to stop climate change over a blowjob lol wtf. I love the 90s for my childhood but politically it was too much cocaine, only possible explanation.

From now on, we will have to get better! I think Putin wants to spend his remaining 30 years in his castle in his "Russian World", but I think what he plans for his legacy is what we should be worried about: And that is destroying democracy. He is not the only one trying and time will make people stop caring about this conflict.
I'm not really sure of how your first paragraph pertains to what I wrote tbh. Or, do you think the war in russia is not stalled? Or what specific bit is or isn't propaganda?

As for russia... it definitely is that poor. It's economy is just somewhat larger than mexico's. If that's not enough, it's gpd per capita is larger than mexico's gp per capita by that amount. Natural resources don't necessarily translate to a country actually being wealthy or having a passable living standards. Russia might have nukes but economically it's literally a third world country.

I find it difficult for the non EU (and US) world to not care about this. Since the EU and US will care. And the non EU-US world will be hit even harder by the consequences of the war than the EU and US (except ukraine for obvious reasons).

The US was fairly clear about putin's intentions of invading... The reporting on this at least was spot on. The issue was a substantial part of the media calling BS on what otherwise seemed like credible intel.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,178
Reaction score
30,220
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Do not act like Republicans would handle the homeless crisis any differently
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

The absolute richness of conservatives complaining about Democrat-led cities being in whatever state they are just because cities tend to mostly elect Democrats as mayors.

What about the GOP platform makes anyone say with a straight face that they're interested in addressing homelessness and wealth inequality better? Yeah, I guess the homeless guy on the corner should just start a business or play the stock market to get themselves out of destitution. It's really just that simple!
 

DeadCosmos

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2022
Messages
750
Reaction score
1,296
Age
26
Country
United States
lol. I just look at his twitter for the comments, some of them are funny and I get memes from them. Silly old man passing lynching as a crime and eating ice cream that he is too busy to get anything done hahaha.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,178
Reaction score
30,220
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
lol. I just look at his twitter for the comments, some of them are funny and I get memes from them. Silly old man passing lynching as a crime and eating ice cream that he is too busy to get anything done hahaha.
Are you trolling here, or do you think you're making some sort of cogent point?

Lynching was made a hate crime, not a crime. Killing people has always been a crime lol
 
Top