American Politics

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,291
Reaction score
24,925
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
No need for a beheading, we live in the 21st century! We can just hit them where it hurts and hack into their accounts, take all their resources, and use it to help people. They get paid by companies to do what companies want, so if we take that away...
Hmmm, I'd say either you are civilized and there is a democratic way out of this or you aren't and there isn't.
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
Hmmm, I'd say either you are civilized and there is a democratic way out of this or you aren't and there isn't.
What is "civilized?" This world has never been civilized.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,179
Reaction score
30,225
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
How deep into the general election do you think we'll get before the libs start smearing people who talk about Biden's mental capacity by saying they're backed by Putin or MAGA? Is a week too long?
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
How deep into the general election do you think we'll get before the libs start smearing people who talk about Biden's mental capacity by saying they're backed by Putin or MAGA? Is a week too long?
I think it is. And it'll be by the same people who think they're qualified to talk about Trump's mental capacity
 

ninjabot

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 20, 2006
Messages
8,247
Reaction score
3,239
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
United States
How deep into the general election do you think we'll get before the libs start smearing people who talk about Biden's mental capacity by saying they're backed by Putin or MAGA? Is a week too long?
I mean I havent seen people shouted down as Russian psyops or MAGAts yet but I have seen people pull the "you're a lefty, the only argument you have is America Bad" or "you wouldnt say this shit about Bernie" when its brought up in a debate so *shrug*

But this is in the debate sphere where you can't be good faith about your concerns. The best faith argument I've heard a lib use in defense of Biden and his cognitive decline is to blame his verbal mistakes on his life long speech impediment.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,179
Reaction score
30,225
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
I mean I havent seen people shouted down as Russian psyops or MAGAts yet but I have seen people pull the "you're a lefty, the only argument you have is America Bad" or "you wouldnt say this shit about Bernie" when its brought up in a debate so *shrug*

But this is in the debate sphere where you can't be good faith about your concerns. The best faith argument I've heard a lib use in defense of Biden and his cognitive decline is to blame his verbal mistakes on his life long speech impediment.
The question itself isn't really much of a debate in my eyes, the question is what it means for him and his next term. But there absolutely will be BlueMAGA-types screaming Russia as soon as there's enough steam there.

Does he have one? I don't really recall it being noticeable when he was younger.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---


"he remembers the world is whack without Roe"


And what is that supposed to mean to people? Jeeeesus...

It is funny to weigh these kinds of things between Biden and Trump though, as if Trump's entire brand isn't nonsense.
 

ninjabot

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 20, 2006
Messages
8,247
Reaction score
3,239
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Does he have one? I don't really recall it being noticeable when he was younger.
Me niether but he's claimed it several times during speeches. Said he had terrible anxiety because of it throughout childhood and then he practiced until he overcame it. Could've been a lie to get out in front of his expected verbal flubs early though.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,179
Reaction score
30,225
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke



It's just bad... I'd vote for an aardvark before I'd vote for a Republican for President but it's kinda nuts the DNC is just moving along like nothing is going on.
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,291
Reaction score
24,925
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
Biden at this point can't even look as if he isn't tired... He has deteriorated way too much over the past few years. On the upside we can look forward to the presidential debate, maybe biden being a potato is enough of a handicap for trump...
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---




It's just bad... I'd vote for an aardvark before I'd vote for a Republican for President but it's kinda nuts the DNC is just moving along like nothing is going on.
At this point biden's running partner is more important than biden...
--- Double Post Merged, ---

It's time people simply agree not to elect anyone who is going to be older than 70 after two presidential terms...
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,179
Reaction score
30,225
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
At this point biden's running partner is more important than biden...
Kamala is kind of a disaster
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---



He's very willing to criticize Trump and gloat about his father wanting to impeach Nixon but he's too much of a pussy to actually challenge Trump for the Presidency. What a fucking coward.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

In reality he has less chance of winning here than he does running for president, we haven't had a Republican Senator in like 40 years
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,291
Reaction score
24,925
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
Kamala is kind of a disaster
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---



He's very willing to criticize Trump and gloat about his father wanting to impeach Nixon but he's too much of a pussy to actually challenge Trump for the Presidency. What a fucking coward.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

In reality he has less chance of winning here than he does running for president, we haven't had a Republican Senator in like 40 years
Hmmm, yeah, i haven't kept up with US politics as much as before but what little I hear about her is pretty much her being comically incompetent and gaffe prone..

Honestly, I wouldn't even frame someone challenging trump as spineless at this point. Through trump's presidency most republicans who challenged him were punished at reelection with very few exceptions. Trump lost his reelection to biden and yet he has managed to remain relevant politically through the past 2 years even after getting crushed by the law repeatedly. Republicans simply want trump and won't have anyone else. There's zero incentive for anyone in the republican side to challenge trump at this point. The only republican I ever thought had a tiny shred of a chance to win over republicans was desantis and even he fizzled out pretty quickly. Trump's a done deal and the entire party being against him won't change that.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,179
Reaction score
30,225
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Hmmm, yeah, i haven't kept up with US politics as much as before but what little I hear about her is pretty much her being comically incompetent and gaffe prone..
To be fair to her, she hasn't and wouldn't get the excuse-making that Biden gets

Honestly, I wouldn't even frame someone challenging trump as spineless at this point. Through trump's presidency most republicans who challenged him were punished at reelection with very few exceptions. Trump lost his reelection to biden and yet he has managed to remain relevant politically through the past 2 years even after getting crushed by the law repeatedly. Republicans simply want trump and won't have anyone else. There's zero incentive for anyone in the republican side to challenge trump at this point. The only republican I ever thought had a tiny shred of a chance to win over republicans was desantis and even he fizzled out pretty quickly. Trump's a done deal and the entire party being against him won't change that.
Do you mean you wouldn't frame someone not challenging Trump as spineless?

It's a done deal now of course, because he didn't even attempt to run. And no one should think that he'd be a stark difference policy-wise. But if you're talking about coalition building and standing up to MAGA, you do that via trying to remove Trump from the equation, otherwise stfu IMO. What, are we in Maryland supposed to tolerate him because maybe he wouldn't vote yes on a federal ban on abortion? It's pointless and silly. Just like anyone else who goes to DC he'll gladly compromise himself to stay in office, his governorship wasn't necessarily above board either, wasting millions of dollars procuring covid testing supplies from South Korea via his wife and then them all being unusable... zero oversight involved in that mess.
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,291
Reaction score
24,925
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
To be fair to her, she hasn't and wouldn't get the excuse-making that Biden gets


Do you mean you wouldn't frame someone not challenging Trump as spineless?

It's a done deal now of course, because he didn't even attempt to run. And no one should think that he'd be a stark difference policy-wise. But if you're talking about coalition building and standing up to MAGA, you do that via trying to remove Trump from the equation, otherwise stfu IMO. What, are we in Maryland supposed to tolerate him because maybe he wouldn't vote yes on a federal ban on abortion? It's pointless and silly. Just like anyone else who goes to DC he'll gladly compromise himself to stay in office, his governorship wasn't necessarily above board either, wasting millions of dollars procuring covid testing supplies from South Korea via his wife and then them all being unusable... zero oversight involved in that mess.
Welp, that wouldn't be an issue if she was competent... You'd think biden would at least try to get a different running mate with how relevant that's going to be going forward. though by the looks of it even if someone suggested it he'd forget...

I mostly don't see why any republican would see challenging trump as anything other than a futile endeavor. As far as I can tell trump pretty much is the party nowadays.. republican voters simply want him uncompromisingly and it's impossible to change their mind. What can a challenger do to trump that trump hasn't already inflicted on himself ten times over? He falsified business records (financial statements iirc), he was found liable in the jean carrol lawsuits (which involve rape), he was caught red handed with rooms full of classified documents which he was ordered to give back and then resisted doing so... And that's not even half the stuff he is involved in. An anti-trump coalition in the republican party is less than a pipe dream...

Uff, my country had some cases pretty much like that lol. Shithole country stuff... Though over here at least some folk involved in shenanigans like that are in legal trouble (though not necessarily in prison yet).
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,179
Reaction score
30,225
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Welp, that wouldn't be an issue if she was competent... You'd think biden would at least try to get a different running mate with how relevant that's going to be going forward. though by the looks of it even if someone suggested it he'd forget...

I mostly don't see why any republican would see challenging trump as anything other than a futile endeavor. As far as I can tell trump pretty much is the party nowadays.. republican voters simply want him uncompromisingly and it's impossible to change their mind. What can a challenger do to trump that trump hasn't already inflicted on himself ten times over? He falsified business records (financial statements iirc), he was found liable in the jean carrol lawsuits (which involve rape), he was caught red handed with rooms full of classified documents which he was ordered to give back and then resisted doing so... And that's not even half the stuff he is involved in. An anti-trump coalition in the republican party is less than a pipe dream...

Uff, my country had some cases pretty much like that lol. Shithole country stuff... Though over here at least some folk involved in shenanigans like that are in legal trouble (though not necessarily in prison yet).
Gaffes and awkwardness are bit different from whatever Biden is dealing with though. She's far less accomplished than Biden is but in any case she wouldn't be and isn't afforded the same kind of grace he's received and it's clear why. If people are confident in Biden's administration to do the heavy lifting then it's not unreasonable to think they same way with Harris. I'm not sure who he could pick as a running mate that would improve his reelection chances.

My point wasn't that Hogan had a great shot to beat Trump, my point was that he has marketed himself as anti-Trump and running that way despite him running for Senate instead of President. It's cowardly and ultimately dishonest because on the off chance he wins, he's not going to be some sort of GOP obstructionist towards Trump's legislative agenda in any form or fashion. If someone earnestly buys that notion then they're a moron.
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Because people like ninjabot and Biden supporters are okay with genocide and Israel's evilness while acting as if they're morally superior





I've yet to see Zionists talk about Hamas being murderous like they claim, other than Oct 7 and few skirmishes. Wonder how many Zionists killed were due to friendly fire. Main reason I'm calling ninjabot out is because of his past posts, acting as if Palestinian supporters lacked morals despite the fact that Zionists have almost nothing to show for Hamas's supposed violence, while Palestinians continuously show proof after proof. Palestinian kids have been murdered, but apparently that doesn't matter because of some BS from decades ago where Arabs were violent, even though they took in Jewish refugees but were kicked out of their own homes and murdered.

Zionist leaders clearly and openly call for genocide of Palestinians, but somehow that doesn't matter. For some reason people would rather focus on Palestinians protesting for freedom. Israel's own social media accounts can't even show any proof of violence from Hamas or Palestinians, yet people for some reason seem to believe them when they keep changing where Hamas has its base.

I wouldn't be surprised if Trump won. Biden pissed people off, and the only defense his supporters have is "but he's better than Trump!!" Despite the fact that Trump held up or tried to hold up to his campaign promises, no matter how bigoted or shitty they were, while Biden put little to no effort in upholding his promises. I'm repeating myself, but I don't care, there's very little good argument in voting for Biden. There are good ones, but very few after seeing what he's done, or not done, during his term.
 

ninjabot

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 20, 2006
Messages
8,247
Reaction score
3,239
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Because people like ninjabot and Biden supporters are okay with genocide and Israel's evilness while acting as if they're morally superior
That's not why you're calling me out. It's because you want me to go post-for-post with you with links to the evils of Hamas so you can dismiss them as propaganda, and I won't do it because I've lost faith in your ability to be objective.

You're like a Christian apologist who wants to defend your faith against Atheists but has no intention of entertaining the idea that there are things about the world you're wrong about. There's always an excuse. Either something doesn't matter because it's old, or you don't trust the source so it's automatically wrong, or I'm not spending enough time crying about dead Palestinians so you can't acknowledge the evils of Palestinians.

And me not caring about a Palestinian genocide isn't the same as me being "okay with a genocide". That's like saying since I don't harp about cancer being bad I'm okay with cancer.If your logic checked out, that'd mean EVERYONE IN HERE is okay with the Uyghur genocide in China because NONE OF US talk about it. So go ahead and start moralizing about our unwillingness to cry over the Uyghurs. And what about the Darfur genocide?


Uh ohhhhh, looks like I am morally superior to M3J, because my moral outrage is focused on darker-skinned, more ignored people, which means I get to moralize to the moralizers who are ignoring these poor souls.

That's how this works right?
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,179
Reaction score
30,225
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
That's not why you're calling me out. It's because you want me to go post-for-post with you with links to the evils of Hamas so you can dismiss them as propaganda, and I won't do it because I've lost faith in your ability to be objective.

You're like a Christian apologist who wants to defend your faith against Atheists but has no intention of entertaining the idea that there are things about the world you're wrong about. There's always an excuse. Either something doesn't matter because it's old, or you don't trust the source so it's automatically wrong, or I'm not spending enough time crying about dead Palestinians so you can't acknowledge the evils of Palestinians.

And me not caring about a Palestinian genocide isn't the same as me being "okay with a genocide". That's like saying since I don't harp about cancer being bad I'm okay with cancer.If your logic checked out, that'd mean EVERYONE IN HERE is okay with the Uyghur genocide in China because NONE OF US talk about it. So go ahead and start moralizing about our unwillingness to cry over the Uyghurs. And what about the Darfur genocide?


Uh ohhhhh, looks like I am morally superior to M3J, because my moral outrage is focused on darker-skinned, more ignored people, which means I get to moralize to the moralizers who are ignoring these poor souls.

That's how this works right?
Question, what do you think going post-for-post about the evils of Hamas accomplishes? Does it change the tenor of the conflict at all? Someone could be completely wrong about Hamas in every way but still be correct about what Israel is doing.

I think the notion that you're "just being objective" is a mischaracterization. I don't doubt that you're trying to be, but when you say you hope Gaza gets turned into a parking lot because leftists pissed you off about Biden, that doesn't seem objective at all really. And that isn't me moralizing the topic, I get that people can say things in anger or whatever but... cmon.
 

ninjabot

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 20, 2006
Messages
8,247
Reaction score
3,239
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Question, what do you think going post-for-post about the evils of Hamas accomplishes? Does it change the tenor of the conflict at all? Someone could be completely wrong about Hamas in every way but still be correct about what Israel is doing.
In here? Nothing, it's why I'm not doing it. It accomplishes nothing except allowing M3J to dismiss them more to further give him whatever dopamine hit he gets from white knighting for terrorists. And no, I'm not concerned with differentiating between Hamas and Palestine anymore, since the vast majority of Palestine are pro-Hamas, and M3J is blatantly pro-Hamas as well.

In an ideal conversation, the point of it would be to emphasize both sides are scummy enough that it's naive to think one side has the moral duty to not compromise, and things will somehow work out if they just stay the course and keep running off of a cliff like lemmings. When both sides are the bad guy you can't just cheer for the good guy to win.

I think the notion that you're "just being objective" is a mischaracterization. I don't doubt that you're trying to be, but when you say you hope Gaza gets turned into a parking lot because leftists pissed you off about Biden, that doesn't seem objective at all really. And that isn't me moralizing the topic, I get that people can say things in anger or whatever but... cmon.
Would you mind quoting when I said that I hope Gaza gets turned into a parking lot?

EDIT: Don't bother looking. I was just setting up a scenario where you'd have to admit you weren't paying attention to what I posted. Again.

what I actually said said:
I'll reengage either with election stuff, or once Gaza becomes a parking lot, but I'm out of fucks to give about it.
This isn't wishing for the destruction of the Gaza strip, it's recognizing the inevitable.
 
Last edited:

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,179
Reaction score
30,225
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
In here? Nothing, it's why I'm not doing it. It accomplishes nothing except allowing M3J to dismiss them more to further give him whatever dopamine hit he gets from white knighting for terrorists. And no, I'm not concerned with differentiating between Hamas and Palestine anymore, since the vast majority of Palestine are pro-Hamas, and M3J is blatantly pro-Hamas as well.

In an ideal conversation, the point of it would be to emphasize both sides are scummy enough that it's naive to think one side has the moral duty to not compromise, and things will somehow work out if they just stay the course and keep running off of a cliff like lemmings. When both sides are the bad guy you can't just cheer for the good guy to win.
Choosing not to differentiate between Hamas and Palestinians is intellectually lazy. Even if the majority of Palestinians supported Hamas or something Hamas-adjacent, Israel would still be doing something unjustifiable.

Ultimately I think "both sides"-ing this topic is dishonest and ignores the power structures that exist for the sake of not "taking a side". There is no "both-sides"-ing 12,000 children being killed. Children are not members of Hamas. Collective punishment is collective punishment. But I feel like I've tried to make this point before and it doesn't go anywhere so I digress.

This isn't wishing for the destruction of the Gaza strip, it's recognizing the inevitable.
Fair enough, then I misunderstood. Though I do question whether it's something you'd ever say without the circumstances regarding the election.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---



Silver can be a clown but I think this is a fair assessment idk
 
Top