American Politics

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,291
Reaction score
24,926
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
It's just going to be narcissism fuel.
Hmmm, yeah, but I am more concerned about the paranoia angle of it all. Trump was already paranoid during his last term and was constantly worried about people around him being sufficiently loyal.
 

catagon87

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 10, 2014
Messages
3,514
Reaction score
6,055
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Hmmm, yeah, but I am more concerned about the paranoia angle of it all. Trump was already paranoid during his last term and was constantly worried about people around him being sufficiently loyal.
He probably thinks he's invincible at this point. AFAIK he's keeping his rally schedule and continuing to attend them.
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,291
Reaction score
24,926
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation

catagon87

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 10, 2014
Messages
3,514
Reaction score
6,055
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
United States

We are talking about a guy who eats fast food because he believes it's harder to poison him if he does.
He's been doing that forever, though. I don't really think this is going to peak paranoia for him. Presidents and presidential candidates get an insane amount of death threats and attempts on their life. It's just that usually they can never get to this point.
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,291
Reaction score
24,926
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
He's been doing that forever, though. I don't really think this is going to peak paranoia for him. Presidents and presidential candidates get an insane amount of death threats and attempts on their life. It's just that usually they can never get to this point.
I mean, yeah, he's been paranoid forever. That's not a counterargument to what I'm saying. This is speculative of course but it's not like trump is the picture of mental health to begin with. Generally I wouldn't expect a moment as real as that to have no effect unless his paranoia was already at it's hypothetical maximum.
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
The problem with going down the conspiracy route here is you will never know if you're right or not. If I were going to set up an assassination attempt on myself I certainly wouldn't have the shooter be some 20 year old kid with no training. You'd be more worried about them accidentally hitting you than anything. Shooting anything from that distance is pretty tough even with the proper optics and training. It's just as difficult to say you won't hit something.

I also think if it was some conspiracy they'd of planned it better. Why make the patsy a registered Republican at all if it's some conspiracy? It's not hard to register for a political party. Political party is also not an indication of political beliefs. When I lived in Utah in a very Republican area I actually registered as a Republican because doing so was required to vote in the primaries, and the primaries were the elections in Utah (unless you lived in Salt Lake, where the mayor and representative to the USA were Democrat). I'm not a Republican at all, but if you looked me up at the time you'd of found that information, and I'm not outwardly political so it'd be all you have to go off of.
If they did their due diligence then yeah, but it's also possible that if this was staged, they didn't do a thorough vetting, or the kid did have enough experience. I mean, the kid missed Trump even though he had plenty of time to aim and hit. But someone also pointed out stuff like how Trump and the people behind him kept looking in one direction a lot. Someone also pointed out how one lady barely hid and afterwards took a video with her phone, but I didn't notice that so I can't confirm.

Why not? How many Trump cult are saying he's a republican? All they have to do is blame the left or Dems, or anyone that the right hates, and their work is done. I've not seen any Trump supporter point out that he was a republican or mention that at all, and I'm not sure if centrists/moderates brought that up either.

I don't know if that helps your argument though. I also don't remember if he or the victim posted right wing MAGA stuff online as well


We are talking about a guy who eats fast food because he believes it's harder to poison him if he does.
Dunno if you two are agreeing with each other
 

ninjabot

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 20, 2006
Messages
8,247
Reaction score
3,239
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
United States
This seems to only be being spun by conspiracy sites. There's a pretty clear photograph of the bullet passing by his head. I also don't really get why it matters, though. Not a Trump fan but being to close to assassination isn't something I'd downplay by semantics of what trajectory hit me.
Because I really, really don't want the Bulletproof Trump meme to gain any more traction. He's already deified by his base. We don't need actual mythological feats for him.
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,291
Reaction score
24,926
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
As far as I can tell no source says it was glass that hit trump. Most seem to agree a bullet got his ear. As for trump being a nigh mythological figure for his followers that ship sailed years ago. His base already believes he is a god sent demigod that rules over half the US army and has been executing adrenochrome fueled pedophiles in his spare time. Most of which get immediately replaced by clones. Trump being bulletproof is among the more tame things the maga crowd believes.
 

ninjabot

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 20, 2006
Messages
8,247
Reaction score
3,239
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
United States
It seems Trump has chosen his running mate. JD Vance. Who said this about him a while back lol:

 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,291
Reaction score
24,926
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
That's a surprisingly self aware take from someone trump would pick to be his VP. Picking someone so young though... Looks like an easy way to further exploit biden being a potato.
 

catagon87

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 10, 2014
Messages
3,514
Reaction score
6,055
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
United States
If they did their due diligence then yeah, but it's also possible that if this was staged, they didn't do a thorough vetting, or the kid did have enough experience. I mean, the kid missed Trump even though he had plenty of time to aim and hit. But someone also pointed out stuff like how Trump and the people behind him kept looking in one direction a lot. Someone also pointed out how one lady barely hid and afterwards took a video with her phone, but I didn't notice that so I can't confirm.

Why not? How many Trump cult are saying he's a republican? All they have to do is blame the left or Dems, or anyone that the right hates, and their work is done. I've not seen any Trump supporter point out that he was a republican or mention that at all, and I'm not sure if centrists/moderates brought that up either.

I don't know if that helps your argument though. I also don't remember if he or the victim posted right wing MAGA stuff online as well
From what I've read the kid was a registered Republican and not super political. I'm sure everything we "know" will change in the next couple of weeks, but that's the most recent synopsis I've read.

I just feel like it'd be easier if you were going to go that far to just get someone and claim they're Antifa and back it up with evidence which is easy to create. So far everything leads me to believe it's just another (potential) mass shooter who was bullied in school and wanted to go down in history.
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
From what I've read the kid was a registered Republican and not super political. I'm sure everything we "know" will change in the next couple of weeks, but that's the most recent synopsis I've read.

I just feel like it'd be easier if you were going to go that far to just get someone and claim they're Antifa and back it up with evidence which is easy to create. So far everything leads me to believe it's just another (potential) mass shooter who was bullied in school and wanted to go down in history.
But he was political. Depending on the things he said, it might be telling if he was a legit republican or pretended to be.

Why would they need to do all that work when they know their voter base will believe whatever, and without even needing to say anything, their base will immediately blame someone from a group that they hate, like immigrants or transgender women, and that'll gain traction? Unnecessary work. If he was a mass shooter, then why would he just shoot at Trump when he could hit more people in the crowd?
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,291
Reaction score
24,926
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
Does it even matter what the political leaning of a mentally unsound nutjob is? It's the same with every shooting... Some rando buys a gun, fires and then each side tries to blame the other. Even though over the years there have been shooters of every shade of the political spectrum. This isn't a left-right issue, you people are just sick.
 

ninjabot

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Dec 20, 2006
Messages
8,247
Reaction score
3,239
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Does it even matter what the political leaning of a mentally unsound nutjob is? It's the same with every shooting... Some rando buys a gun, fires and then each side tries to blame the other. Even though over the years there have been shooters of every shade of the political spectrum. This isn't a left-right issue, you people are just sick.
Optically, yeah. Especially considering this entire presidential election is exclusively about optics now.
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,291
Reaction score
24,926
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation

Ok, I gotta give it to the right wingers this time around. There's a couple women who are there supposedly shielding trump. The heck is the point trump having human shields who are 40 cm shorter than him?
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
Does it even matter what the political leaning of a mentally unsound nutjob is? It's the same with every shooting... Some rando buys a gun, fires and then each side tries to blame the other. Even though over the years there have been shooters of every shade of the political spectrum. This isn't a left-right issue, you people are just sick.
Yes it does when one side is obsessed with blaming Dems/the left for everything and have said that had the bullet been one inch closer to the right spot, there'd be civil war.
 

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Sep 3, 2007
Messages
46,291
Reaction score
24,926
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fire Nation
Yes it does when one side is obsessed with blaming Dems/the left for everything and have said that had the bullet been one inch closer to the right spot, there'd be civil war.
It's not any different from when democrats were pinning mass shootings on republicans. While at the time it maybe made sense, since then there have been mass shootings by people identified with the left. In the end mental illness doesn't care about political leanings..
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
??
If republicans were trying to get stricter gun control laws passed, then they wouldn't be getting blamed the way they were. Not same at all, wtf

Blaming it on mental illness is a lazy copout
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,229
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke



"edgy palestinian tweets" is quite the euphemism... using this topic to dunk on MAGA toadies while unironically caping for genociders is insane. But I guess his motive is pissing everyone off so I guess he's excelled at something.
 
Top