So i decide to read up on US election stuff and i run into dead squirrels and somehow the second amendment protecting them? I don't know who will win the election but everyone in the US should know they 100% deserve the outcome.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
The problem is that, even if Trump loses, he'll still be in the public sphere for years because this will stick with him like a pebble in his shoe. He'll never get over it, meaning he'll never let us get over it. He and Elon Musk will tweet daily about how radical and incompetent Kamala is. So while MAGA won't be in the government, it will be in the media for a long, long time coming.Having democrats secure the trifecta would be very, very good. If Maga loses big, that would also probably incite a serious fight between the different republican factions to drive them out again. But yeah. If.
I'm still leaning toward Kamala. Especially after the Puerto Rico fiasco and potential for a "huge dump" of mail-in ballots that are guaranteed to be in favor of Democrats (Not nearly as big as 2020 of course because of no Covid to worry about, but still Blue.).So i decide to read up on US election stuff and i run into dead squirrels and somehow the second amendment protecting them? I don't know who will win the election but everyone in the US should know they 100% deserve the outcome.
Big numbers, yes, but don't get too excited. It's not because there are tons of people educating themselves now more than ever. It's because of the same reasons every election Trump has been a part of: hatred. Everyone voting Blue is doing so because it's the closest we'll ever get to slapping Trump in the face. Everyone voting Trump is because they loved him as much as they loved him in the past.![]()
Candidates try to divine trends as nearly 70m Americans have cast early votes
Democrats and Republicans try to interpret voting behavior as squeaker of election hits final stretchwww.theguardian.com
Candidates try to divine trends as nearly 70m Americans have cast early votes
70 million is amazing !
I don't doubt kamala will get a majority of votes, what's up in the air is the electoral college.The problem is that, even if Trump loses, he'll still be in the public sphere for years because this will stick with him like a pebble in his shoe. He'll never get over it, meaning he'll never let us get over it. He and Elon Musk will tweet daily about how radical and incompetent Kamala is. So while MAGA won't be in the government, it will be in the media for a long, long time coming.
I'm still leaning toward Kamala. Especially after the Puerto Rico fiasco and potential for a "huge dump" of mail-in ballots that are guaranteed to be in favor of Democrats (Not nearly as big as 2020 of course because of no Covid to worry about, but still Blue.).
Big numbers, yes, but don't get too excited. It's not because there are tons of people educating themselves now more than ever. It's because of the same reasons every election Trump has been a part of: hatred. Everyone voting Blue is doing so because it's the closest we'll ever get to slapping Trump in the face. Everyone voting Trump is because they loved him as much as they loved him in the past.
Well yeah, I wasn't making a distinction about how she does it. I'm just leaning toward her winning.I don't doubt kamala will get a majority of votes, what's up in the air is the electoral college.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Oh, I don't think that. I think if he loses that big, he is toast. Because if the rest of the GOP see they lose with Maga a second time, they will push it out of its leading role. And if they do not manage that... great, then they will have more trouble getting back into government. The Magas already had trouble performing well in the midterms.The problem is that, even if Trump loses, he'll still be in the public sphere for years because this will stick with him like a pebble in his shoe. He'll never get over it, meaning he'll never let us get over it. He and Elon Musk will tweet daily about how radical and incompetent Kamala is. So while MAGA won't be in the government, it will be in the media for a long, long time coming.
That's what I meant about "it wouldn't be in government, but it'll remain in the media." The rightwing podcasts that make money off of the radical rhetoric pushing ragebait. The tweets Trump will crank out nonstop. The scams he'll keep attempting to gain money for lawsuits and court costs coming. He's not disappearing and because of that, MAGA isn't disappearing.Oh, I don't think that. I think if he loses that big, he is toast. Because if the rest of the GOP see they lose with Maga a second time, they will push it out of its leading role. And if they do not manage that... great, then they will have more trouble getting back into government. The Magas already had trouble performing well in the midterms.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Fingers crossed. Past decade or so has shown republicans do not deserve to have any kind of power.The new Selzer poll looks very promising to Harris. Hope that this keeps up. If Selzer is right, this election could still be a landslide for her (and possibly the other chambers, too). Might just aswell still be a huge win for republicans., but it would be a dream if trump and cruz are all out of power.
No, this other person was far more rude and deranged than anything mentioned here. They were a racist troll whose private diatribes read like fanfiction written by a serial killer. So I'll still take exception with calling anything "bloodthirsty" by comparison honestly. Plus, the report button exists for a reason.M3J, hblock, one other who isn't around anymore (maybe hblock is the one that's been banned, or maybe it's the other one, I dunno). Raven's first response to me in here was to accuse me of being a troll and continued calling my race into question. Not as bad as wanting Israel destroyed, but still dishonest engagement and weird besides.
Idk, I guess it's too clever for me to get.This was me characterizing the opinion of America at large, if Kamala loses. "Why does the left excuse terrorism? Do they hate Jews that much?" Partially because the media will keep having people like M3J on the news, put a microphone in their face and ask "Do you denounce the acts of Hamas?" and they're gonna say "Uh, I dunno. Do YOU denounce the acts of the IOF?" And Jews will get the message. Same with the "Nah, calling for the murder of Zionists isn't calling for genocide! Even though like, 95% of Jews are Zionists, meaning we'd have to kill all of you pig-dog fucks."
The rhetoric is because ridiculous behavior deserves ridicule to shame people for engaging in it. Fuck these people.
I know you bristle at me not replying but I have no recollection of us arguing over what M3J may or may not have said. Even if I'm likeminded with him on certain things, it's obvious he's an ineffective advocate for his positions and says one thing and backtracks the next. My eyes would probably glaze over.I'm not going back through all of M3J's posts, because I did this once already, and you did what you usually do when you ask me to provide you with proof of something (you fucked off for like, 2 weeks and nothing came from it), so you're just gonna have to take my word for it:
M3J said that he wishes for Israel to be destroyed, and for all of the Zionists to be punished by either torture or worse. And hblock said that "no civilians were killed on October 7th."
Using the word "destruction" implies many things, so as easily as I can apparently misinterpret a point ninjabot might make, plenty of people will assume things about what you mean when you use that word. What I think you're talking about is a one-state solution that involves the dissolution of the existing ethno-state. Correct?I am championing the destruction of Israel, but ninjabot somehow think that means deaths of millions of people no matter how many times it's been explained to him that Zionists can go elsewhere. The two-state solution is an extremely horrible option given that's what led to the 70+ years of genocide of Palestinians.
Ditto. I did my part (blue all the way down).Well then, I wish you guys (and all of us) the best for tomorrow.
Problem is, no matter how many times I explain it, his only reaction is "So YoU wAnT tO kIlL iSrAeLiS!!"Using the word "destruction" implies many things, so as easily as I can apparently misinterpret a point ninjabot might make, plenty of people will assume things about what you mean when you use that word. What I think you're talking about is a one-state solution that involves the dissolution of the existing ethno-state. Correct?
It must be nice to live in a fantasy world of simple solutions and without reflection.Problem is, no matter how many times I explain it, his only reaction is "So YoU wAnT tO kIlL iSrAeLiS!!"
Yes? Two-state solution is what led to the genocide, and it's obvious Zionists will not get along with Palestinians and Jews that support Palestinians. Why not move them to somewhere else, like mid-west USA? I honestly truly do not care about the homicidal Zionists' fates, whatever bad happens is likely deserved.
I don't remember backtracking though. I don't proofread or read back what I say, nor is my memory that great, so that's a problem
This is not a fantasy world. If Zionists moved to Palestine, then they can move out of Palestine as well.It must be nice to live in a fantasy world of simple solutions and without reflection.
It is not like the americans can move out of america, or the australians can move out of australia. And it is also not like the Hamas are going to move out of Palestine. You gotta makedo with what you have, and what you have is two different groups in which even moderate people on each side have a lot of hate in them. There is no clear cut between zionist and israeli or Palestinian and Hamas Supporter.This is not a fantasy world. If Zionists moved to Palestine, then they can move out of Palestine as well.
Quoted for truth.Why would Israelis move out of their own home? And it is their home too, just like america is home to the white people living there. And hamas are an opressive organization that is both responsible for horrible crimes and also in the way of any possible peace process, just like the radical forces in the Israeli government.
There is no one state solution without understanding that Israel has a right to exist, just as Palestine does. If one of these is denied, that means extermination has to keep going, just that people have different hopes for the victor.
THIS is the biggest kicker for me. The vast majority of Israel is Zionist. The vast majority of Palestine is pro-Hamas. In the same way that Alabama doesn't stop being a red state just from having a handful of Democrats living there, Israel is a Zionist state, and Palestine is a pro-Hamas state. If you get rid of every Zionist, you're getting rid of essentially every Jew. You get rid of all of Hamas, you're essentially getting rid of every Palestinian.It is not like the americans can move out of america, or the australians can move out of australia. And it is also not like the Hamas are going to move out of Palestine. You gotta make do with what you have, and what you have is two different groups in which even moderate people on each side have a lot of hate in them. There is no clear cut between zionist and israeli or Palestinian and Hamas Supporter.