An Elastic Heart

Status
Not open for further replies.

Naomi

MH's Most Beautiful Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 6, 2010
Messages
3,193
Reaction score
6,936
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fun Forum
Re: Always. - Part 1

Occasionally you'll have birds like that, where the sexual dimorphism is almost nonexistent. So I believe it.
You can tell by their behavior sometimes, too. Like female parakeets are usually more territorial than the males. Mine bicker all. the. time. I'm about 80% sure Hugo is a chick. They always fight over that god damn swing with the jewels on it.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: Always. - Part 1

Oh no. He was pretty smart (as far as parakeets go), but a complete idiot as far as anything else goes. :cookiehand
I'd like to think he found a nice flock of geese or some shit to fly south with. But to be honest, he probably died in the first 48 hours. :fail
He would certainly met his doom trying to keep up with geese :oh

I'm assuming since this was a long way back he was probably out in colder weather up north. If it wasn't cold enough to have killed him then a raptor probably got him :s
 

Naomi

MH's Most Beautiful Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 6, 2010
Messages
3,193
Reaction score
6,936
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fun Forum
Re: Always. - Part 1

Oh! Omg! Milly milly milly milly. =D
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: Always. - Part 1

I meant, differentiating male from female. People try to guess on the basis some differences, as size of beak and head, feather colors, etc. I see many experts making wrong assessment. Best way is DNA Sexing.
No I know what you meant. But I think the DNA is done so they can pair two of the same sex together to make sure a clutch doesn't appear one day in the cage with them :s

Like the same way you would neuter or spay a cat or dog.

You can tell by their behavior sometimes, too. Like female parakeets are usually more territorial than the males. Mine bicker all. the. time. I'm about 80% sure Hugo is a chick. They always fight over that god damn swing with the jewels on it.
Well that betch knows she's the favorite, of course she's going to smack fools around :hip
 

Naomi

MH's Most Beautiful Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 6, 2010
Messages
3,193
Reaction score
6,936
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fun Forum
Re: Always. - Part 1

He would certainly met his doom trying to keep up with geese :oh

I'm assuming since this was a long way back he was probably out in colder weather up north. If it wasn't cold enough to have killed him then a raptor probably got him :s
It was Colorado. It's no Minnesota, but it could get pretty cold in the winter.

Well yeah. He was bright ass blue, so he didn't blend in very well with anything. He was a funny bird though. Once, he was sitting on my knee and my little sister was sitting near us. She was kinda mean to him and didn't like him very much, so she was just going on and on like "you're so stupid. What a retarded little bird. What a stupid birdddd~"

So he hops down from my knee, waddles over to my sister, and starts climbing on her. At this point she's like "awww, look. He wants to sit on me now." All smug and what not. Anyway, he climbs all the way to the top of her head, shits, and flies three rooms away to his cage.

:rofl

It was the best thing I had ever seen. I cried I laughed so hard.

---------- Post added at 03:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:07 AM ----------

Well that betch knows she's the favorite, of course she's going to smack fools around :hip
Hugo always loses. :rofl
 
  • Like
Reactions: xi0

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: Always. - Part 1

Well hey, losing doesn't mean you can't be proud and bitchy x)

---------- Post added at 04:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:16 AM ----------

Oh! Omg! Milly milly milly milly. =D
:huh

---------- Post added at 04:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:16 AM ----------

Oh right...the plugin was turned off :XD
 

Naomi

MH's Most Beautiful Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 6, 2010
Messages
3,193
Reaction score
6,936
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fun Forum
Re: Always. - Part 1

It's not curry badger anymore. :derp
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: Always. - Part 1

WHAT AM I DOING UP :arf

---------- Post added at 04:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:17 AM ----------

It's not curry badger anymore. :derp
It will always bee Curry Badger in our hearts :crying
 

thornofcarrion

The Original
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Dec 23, 2008
Messages
11,706
Reaction score
5,872
Gender
Male
Country
Pakistan
Re: Always. - Part 1

You can tell by their behavior sometimes, too. Like female parakeets are usually more territorial than the males. Mine bicker all. the. time. I'm about 80% sure Hugo is a chick. They always fight over that god damn swing with the jewels on it.
I had a pair of love birds. I waited for them to lay egg. Laid egg they did, but I was like :arf when both of them did. The shopkeeper made a fool out of me. They were both females. You can monitor their behavior, but you can't certain if both the birds are of some gender. It is only possible when you are sure of male and female.

Have you ever had Canaries? They are one of my favorite birds. I had three pairs of Crested head Canaries.


If you ever want to add birds to your collection, try them. They are so cute and they produce alluring whistling. Some Canaries can whistle in so many tones.

By the way, all the birds, peacocks, pheasants, chicken, + puppies I had, were babies. Not mention, I hatched some at my home, in the incubator. It was too cruel to see the newborns searching for the comfort and warmth of their mothers. I disposed off the incubator.

No I know what you meant. But I think the DNA is done so they can pair two of the same sex together to make sure a clutch doesn't appear one day in the cage with them :s

Like the same way you would neuter or spay a cat or dog.
In a way, yeah. It is not very wise to have your birds breed over and over again. Too stressful for the female.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: Always. - Part 1

I had a pair of love birds. I waited for them to lay egg. Laid egg they did, but I was like :arf when both of them did. The shopkeeper made a fool out of me. They were both females. You can monitor their behavior, but you can't certain if both the birds are of some gender. It is only possible when you are sure of male and female.
HOW IS BABBY FORMED? :arf


:rofl

Did he make a fool of you, or did you just not care to check the DNA?
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,681
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
Re: Always. - Part 1

XD I think since they have never been out, they dunno how to come back, otherwise they would (I'm aiming for the 'flown away parakeets' topic). Dogs can track their way back by the scent, and we take them around to walk, so they recognize some places. I once had a parakeet that flew away, he was the sweetest thing and seem to 'enjoy his life as a domesticated bird' a lot. He also never game back. The opposite also happened once: a female showed up and landed in the cage I had in my window. She was so starving that when I pulled the cage inside, she followed it and even entered the cage when I opened it, racing till the food... pot/dish/thing XD I had so many birds and felt so bad for them, 'cause they weren't free, but I also think they would never be able to be free. They are like dogs our days, they are better and even prefer to be with people. Not all birds, but the ones we usually breed to have inside our homes^^ And a big part is so domesticated that we don't keep them inside cages all the time (at least when we are talking about the psittacidae ones. I know that wish... 'singing' birds it's a bit different). I'm flying home today (I'll spend the weekend with my parents) and now I feel like checking my 'birds photobook' 'cause that all made me miss them so much T.T (<- irk, big text = bible)
 
  • Like
Reactions: xi0

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: Always. - Part 1

How many loose parakeets are there in Barzil? :huh
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: Always. - Part 1

YOU KNOW NOTHING JON SNOW NANA

FOR THE NIGHT IS DARK AND FULL OF TERRORS. R'HLLOR, LORD OF LIGHT, GUIDE US THROUGH THE DARKNESS! :arf

 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,223
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: Always. - Part 1

wtf as soon as thread went back to spam mode Nao is back to answering :arf all the poor high-class messages :crying
 
  • Like
Reactions: xi0

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: Always. - Part 1

She's acting like the previous thread never happened! :arf
 
  • Like
Reactions: Nii
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top