An Elastic Heart

Status
Not open for further replies.

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: Godric's Hollow

The controls were a little weird on Twilight Princess in my opinion. But I think they were fine. I'm pretty sure that Wii Motion Plus wasn't out yet (could be wrong) and that makes the gameplay a little less diverse. I think it was too.

Do they have that for the Wii?

Well if you're as much of a Harry Potter fan as I am, all of the HP games are fun. Chamber of Secrets is much better than the Lego Harry Potter games. I like the Lego ones and own both of them, but they're just not as good. Not sure what GBC is.
Might have been a case of them developing it for the Gamecube and then switching it at the end of it's development to Wii. The result is sort of the same though, especially with them releasing it on both the Wii and Gamecube. It's a stupid business decision if the game was an awesome example of the Wii's unique gameplay. And no, it was way before Motion Plus.

No, Ico and Shadow of the Colossus were Sony exclusives for the PS2. It's really reminiscent and obviously influenced by Zelda and other adventure games.


A nameless, tragic hero travels to a distant land to heal a girl. It's darker and drabber than Zelda, but it's very similar. Sword, horseback, bow and arrow....puzzles ,etc.

Milly is right, GameBoy color. I didn't say they weren't fun or were bad games, but they're usually not classics...usually.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Naomi

MH's Most Beautiful Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 6, 2010
Messages
3,193
Reaction score
6,936
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fun Forum
Re: Godric's Hollow

GBC if I'm right is Game Boy Color.
Not proving to Milly that's I'm not ditsy here, am I? :cookiehand

That was like when I was texting my mom the other day. I said. "Hey, I'm going to Half Price Books. I need to grab a few things. So do you need anything from HPB?"

Response: "What's HPB?"

:fail

Might have been a case of them developing it for the Gamecube and then switching it at the end of it's development to Wii. The result is sort of the same though, especially with them releasing it on both the Wii and Gamecube. It's a stupid business decision if the game was an awesome example of the Wii's unique gameplay. And no, it was way before Motion Plus.

No, Ico and Shadow of the Colossus were Sony exclusives for the PS2. It's really reminiscent and obviously influenced by Zelda and other adventure games.


A nameless, tragic hero travels to a distant land to heal a girl. It's darker and drabber than Zelda, but it's very similar. Sword, horseback, bow and arrow....puzzles ,etc.

Milly is right, GameBoy color. I didn't say they weren't fun or were bad games, but they're usually not classics...usually.
A lot of gamers really hate the HP games because from a gamer's perspective, I imagine they're not that great. I do wish that they would have done more with the actually spells, rather than using a wand like it's a never-run-out-of-bullets gun. Then again, the movies sort of treat wands that way too, so it makes sense the games would do that as well. There's a lot more to magic and the theory behind it than the games or movies let on. :noworry

/NARDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDING:arf
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Gats

The Green Knight
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2008
Messages
6,426
Reaction score
3,487
Gender
Male
Country
France
Re: Godric's Hollow

Shadow of Colossus is playable finally ? This game has been delayed so many times, I was wondering if they'll ever finish it. I fear the worst.
 

riki

Storyteller
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2008
Messages
13,935
Reaction score
15,894
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Godric's Hollow

Are you talking about The Last Guardian? It's still being developed.
 

Naomi

MH's Most Beautiful Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 6, 2010
Messages
3,193
Reaction score
6,936
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fun Forum
Re: Godric's Hollow

I was hoping the game talk would lure riki in here. :blush
 

riki

Storyteller
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2008
Messages
13,935
Reaction score
15,894
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Godric's Hollow

Clever little girl. :ninja
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
Re: Godric's Hollow

GBC was a bitchin' console. Miss playing it so much. T_T
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: Godric's Hollow

Not proving to Milly that's I'm not ditsy here, am I? :cookiehand

That was like when I was texting my mom the other day. I said. "Hey, I'm going to Half Price Books. I need to grab a few things. So do you need anything from HPB?"

Response: "What's HPB?"

:fail
Sounds like your family is acronym-impaired :edu ...it's not as if they were in the same sentence like that though :p

A lot of gamers really hate the HP games because from a gamer's perspective, I imagine they're not that great. I do wish that they would have done more with the actually spells, rather than using a wand like it's a never-run-out-of-bullets gun. Then again, the movies sort of treat wands that way too, so it makes sense the games would do that as well. There's a lot more to magic and the theory behind it than the games or movies let on. :noworry

/NARDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDING:arf
Game developers usually have no idea of the source material. You can usually tell when they do. They're trying to make a playable game with good mechanics instead of something exactly like the book/movie. I feel like a lot of them are just told broadly what they're doing and they just throw a bunch of shit into it. They'll also add scenarios which were never in the movies as well, since the length of a video game is usually always many times longer than a movie. Not everything in a book would be exciting to play either.

Shadow of Colossus is playable finally ? This game has been delayed so many times, I was wondering if they'll ever finish it. I fear the worst.
What riki said, SoC has been out for at least five years, maybe more. *wonders if Naomi will get the acronym :derp*
 

Gats

The Green Knight
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 6, 2008
Messages
6,426
Reaction score
3,487
Gender
Male
Country
France
Re: Godric's Hollow

Are you talking about The Last Guardian? It's still being developed.
Yeah my bad....><"
 

riki

Storyteller
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2008
Messages
13,935
Reaction score
15,894
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Godric's Hollow

Unfortunately, it won't be out for a long time. IIRC, I posted some info about it in one of the video game news.
 
  • Like
Reactions: xi0

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: Godric's Hollow

If it's anything like Shadow of the Colossus, the wait will be worth it. I remember seeing a trailer for it years ago. Something about a giant bird-like creature who's your friend or something. Imagine flying on the back of that thing over a world even larger than what we saw in SoC :zomg
 

Naomi

MH's Most Beautiful Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 6, 2010
Messages
3,193
Reaction score
6,936
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fun Forum
Re: Godric's Hollow

GBC was a bitchin' console. Miss playing it so much. T_T
I've only played Mario Bros on it so far. It's pink. :arf Still waiting for my sister to play the Yugioh and harry potter games she has for it. XD What are your top three games for Gameboy Color?

Sounds like your family is acronym-impaired :edu ...it's not as if they were in the same sentence like that though :p
Yeah I don't even know why I said HPB anyway. I don't really like short hand at all. I steer away from using it and then get really annoying with people that abuse it. I just don't think it's that hard to type out the entire word. And it makes things so much more clear and concrete. blah.

Game developers usually have no idea of the source material. You can usually tell when they do. They're trying to make a playable game with good mechanics instead of something exactly like the book/movie. I feel like a lot of them are just told broadly what they're doing and they just throw a bunch of shit into it. They'll also add scenarios which were never in the movies as well, since the length of a video game is usually always many times longer than a movie. Not everything in a book would be exciting to play either.
The Lego games follow the books more than the movies. That's they're best quality. But... I don't know. It just feels sort of silly being a lego jumping around all over the place. Not the sort of thing I would really want for a Harry Potter game. The lego games use actual spells too, as opposed to the later movie games. You can certainly tell the movie Harry Potter game developers have never so much as read a page in one of the novels. They still have redeeming qualities though.

If it's anything like Shadow of the Colossus, the wait will be worth it. I remember seeing a trailer for it years ago. Something about a giant bird-like creature who's your friend or something. Imagine flying on the back of that thing over a world even larger than what we saw in SoC :zomg
You have a giant bird in Skyward Sword too. :blush I love that barddddd. I love jumping off of the island in the sky and free falling until I call him. Can't believe I'm almost through the the game. :s

---------- Post added at 10:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:49 PM ----------

I'm going to be Link for Halloween and my littler sister is going to be Zelda. Bitchin' :arf

And I don't know how, but she convinced me to take her trick-or-treating. :fail And my older sister said "Oh, you wouldn't make a good Link!"

:blush
 
  • Like
Reactions: xi0

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
Re: Godric's Hollow

Um, Pokemon I guess. I've mostly played Pokemon though I've had other games and remember playing them. Pokemon Card Trading Game, any color version of the RPG game, and Yu-Gi-Oh are all I remember playing fo' sho.

Mario Bros on GBC? O_o Interesting concept.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: Godric's Hollow

Yeah I don't even know why I said HPB anyway. I don't really like short hand at all. I steer away from using it and then get really annoying with people that abuse it. I just don't think it's that hard to type out the entire word. And it makes things so much more clear and concrete. blah.
Well you were texting and said it in the same sentence you abbreviated it :XD ...just not paying attention maybe? I understand wanting to abbreviate things in that case, but I'm the same way...-_-;

The Lego games follow the books more than the movies. That's they're best quality. But... I don't know. It just feels sort of silly being a lego jumping around all over the place. Not the sort of thing I would really want for a Harry Potter game. The lego games use actual spells too, as opposed to the later movie games. You can certainly tell the movie Harry Potter game developers have never so much as read a page in one of the novels. They still have redeeming qualities though.
The Lego games are pretty much all characteristic. People fall apart like Lego dudes, weird and goofy noises. But I agree with it being silly...there's something cute about it. I've played Lego Star Wars and Lego Indiana Jones and it's interesting. I wouldn't buy them though I don't think.

You have a giant bird in Skyward Sword too. :blush I love that barddddd. I love jumping off of the island in the sky and free falling until I call him. Can't believe I'm almost through the the game. :s
Yeah I saw, but this bird/griffin thing is a lot larger I believe.

Well...like any Zelda game it has to have a ton of re-playability. Especially if you like it enough :cookiehand

I'm going to be Link for Halloween and my littler sister is going to be Zelda. Bitchin' :arf

And I don't know how, but she convinced me to take her trick-or-treating. :fail And my older sister said "Oh, you wouldn't make a good Link!"

:blush
Already deciding on Halloween costumes :rofl ...well you missed out last year, can't blame you in that case :cookiehand

Is she still young enough to go trick-or-treating? :XD ...if you're a guy you have to be wearing a masked costume when you get to a certain age to stay anonymous for the free candy. :nrr Girls just have to have a nice costume :derp

Why would you not be a good Link? I think it would work.
 

Naomi

MH's Most Beautiful Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 6, 2010
Messages
3,193
Reaction score
6,936
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fun Forum
Re: Godric's Hollow

She said *would make a good Link

I can't type.
 
  • Like
Reactions: xi0

riki

Storyteller
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2008
Messages
13,935
Reaction score
15,894
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Godric's Hollow

Here is a trailer for The Last Guardian if you're curious about the bird-like creature:

 
Last edited by a moderator:

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: Godric's Hollow

It's like a Griffin-Bird-Deer-Rat :rofl
 

riki

Storyteller
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2008
Messages
13,935
Reaction score
15,894
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: Godric's Hollow

It's like a manbearpig thingy, right? :XD

IIRC, the creature won't listen to you at first until you built enough trust with him.
 
  • Like
Reactions: xi0

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,180
Reaction score
30,230
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: Godric's Hollow

Yeah, I read that he can be hostile until that point. I hope there's more flying and stuff though :nrr
 

Naomi

MH's Most Beautiful Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 6, 2010
Messages
3,193
Reaction score
6,936
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fun Forum
Re: Godric's Hollow

That thing is really creepy. My first thought was chihuahua with wings and chiseled off horns. The graphics are really good, but I don't even have a PlayStation. :arf Not gonna go buy one.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top