Re: A Series of Blurs, Like I Never Occurred
Yeah, anime/manga is exactly like crack. The first high is the best. You can keep using to get similar highs and awesome trips, but it's never quite like the first.
Awesome comparison
did you ever try crack?
....
Ugh. I knowwwww. And I was so disappointed to see there won't be a chapter this month either. You'd think it wouldn't really be a big deal anymore by this time, but that's definitely not the case! Not after that cliff hanger she dropped us at last time. She truly is a sadist, that woman.
Well I'm kind of used to it at this point but with the current cliffhanger it definitely hurts. I'm glad she's not going on hiatus though, you have to look at the bright side of things.
I don't know about Tokyo, just because it's pretty crowded and hectic there. I don't really enjoy even large American cities that much, so I can't imagine being somewhere foreign in a setting like that, you know? But can you imagine living at a shrine or a home out in the country like in Totoro? That would be wonderful, I think. I would really love to travel anywhere outside of the US, Mexico, or Canada. I'm stuck in this hemisphere and continent! I wonder when I'll see more of the world. Although I don't know how I feel about completely moving away from USA. This country seems to fit my lifestyle and all that.
I get what you mean. A peaceful, beautiful place sure is a nice thing I wouldn't mind. I believe I can witness more of Japan's society in Tokyo though but if I had the time and the money I would definitely visit more peaceful places too.
It's a nice change but I doubt I could live in a place where nothing much happens for too long.
Finally! It was weird when I finally decided to watch FMA because I had seen a couple episodes of it randomly on Adult Swim (Cartoon Network) when I was younger and then my cousin had a obsession with it. Finally watching it was definitely interesting. XD It was like being an outsider who finally saw the grass on the other side!
FMA definitely is that great, I consider it one of the few masterpieces out there.
I might give it a shot eventually. Just because it's FMA though. I might enjoy it to some extent. I hate people who're like "it ruined the series!" or whatever. FMA and FMA:B are untouchable. You can't "ruin" something so epic. I think it's on Netflix. Might order from there when I've gotten down my movie list a bit.
I don't understand that reason either, nothing can ruin what was achieved. You can question or criticice what happened afterwards but what was once done right can never be destroyed.
I feel like I will only be disappointed when I watch it though so I really don't know.
I'm still on episode 5 only, but I'm certainly going to finish it. It's an interesting premise and refreshing that it isn't in high school. XD

there are such a lot of non high-school settings
Its strangeness is what hooked me.
It's one of it's strong points, definitely. Not everyone likes it though. If you like it now you will love it later.
Bilingual (multilingual too) people are so awesome. *_*

you're an awesome gurl too
though I was really surprised that you see me as someone mysterious XD
At least you didn't ditch me like Charlie did.
Unicorn did betray you?!
So many people are jaded with disappointment that optimism is something rather foreign. It can be contagious though, so don't expect to be lonesome there for very long.
oh I dunno, I feel like it's more of a basic approach, it's nearly impossible to become a pesimist when you are an optimist - of course that aplies the other way around too.
Now I could go on and on about what makes being an optimist so much better but it's like with everything, it has it's advantages and disadvantages.
Because drunk!Naomi is fucking insane.

It's a wonder I haven't stayed sober since that very first time I got wasted because I almost always regret something I say/do. XD I always used to think that drinking was awesome because it was a way to destroy the millions of walls I build up when I'm completely aware. But as I've gotten older I've realized that I just construct new and different walls when I drink.

Maybe one day I'll master the art of being completely open and honest.
Huh, I know exactly how you feel. It's not that I love drinking but it definitely helps me to be more honest and open towards other people. I feel like I'm so self-conscious that I can never really let loose completely though.
Creating walls is a natural thing, it's something everyone does. It's probably nothing more than a cheap try to protect yourself from whatever harm you might possibly face if you wouldn't create these walls.
Now I don't know that much about you but from the impression I've got you definitely didn't have an easy childhood and things don't seem easy nowadays either - which obviously leads to you creating more and more walls. I can relate to that a lot, believe me or not. I need a lot of time until I feel relatively comfortable around people, I'm either pretty silent and hold back or I put up a huge facade. There are only a few selected people where I can be and act how I really am, and for that I'm glad. I hope you have someone like that too.