An Elastic Heart

Status
Not open for further replies.

Naomi

MH's Most Beautiful Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 6, 2010
Messages
3,193
Reaction score
6,936
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fun Forum
Re: The Internet: Can't Study With It, Can't Study Without It.

I could have sworn that I've replied to this before, but this was the last post by you I found that I've neglected. So without further ado, here goes nothing.

How was it? Ecstasy I mean
It was alright. It's just hard to discern what was from the pill and what was from the vodka. It did feel different than being regular drunk though. Everything was extremely sensual though. It was strange mixing the numbing effects alcohol has with the idea of every feeling being intensified on ecstasy. Not bad though, not bad at all.

Sorry, can't surprise. I've smoked pot but that's about it. There were a few occasions where I had the chance to try other things and as the curious person I am I was tempted to just give it a try but in the end I didn't do it because I believe it's just not worth it.
Yeah, I wouldn't really say that's it's terribly worth it if you're against trying harder drugs. Especially if you have an addictive type of personality, I'd say stay away from it. Pot is pretty awesome, but it's fine every once in a while since I've never felt any sort of dependency toward it. Basically, it just makes my hangovers more bearable for some reason.

I'm just one of those people that would try almost anything once. I don't really like hearing the experience from someone else, I want to know it for myself.

Famous last words! I already see it happening now thanks to you :iik

.... but no, she can't do that now. Impossible.
Seems like the pattern for DGM has been every other month. We had one in January, none this month. I hoped against hope that we'd have one in February, but in the back of my mind I knew it wasn't going to happen.

Haha, I can imagine XD I doubt that's your regular Japanese style (or style in Tokyo), probably just the rich and famous trying to stand out. And who gives a fu** about fashion, I will go straight to one of these Otaku Cafe's where a beautiful maiden in a great-looking cat-costume will greet me with a "Irashaimase goshujin-sama" :toc
So that's what your fantasies are like, eh? That's so unoriginal, Nii-chan! :p

Not sure if it's the best, there's such a huge amount of very different but great anime out there that I can't choose just one, it's definitely among the best though.
I can see where you're coming from but I still have difficulties comparing a manga to a book XD
I feel like there's a novel, an american-style graphic novel, and then a manga. The regular novel is all words, the American comic book is pictures, but with a LOT of text (typically), and then mangas are illustrations with even less text. I've always seen mangas as trying to do the same job as an action novel, but with as little words as possible. That's how I compare them in my head anyway.

I guess I will give it a try then! Not now though, I'm following too much series at the moment
I wonder if you can even list all of the series you're currently following. XD

You really are an exception regarding that matter, I don't think I've ever met anyone who hasn't followed or is following at least one of the big three (big four is new to me).
Really? That's so weird. I just don't find any of the Big Three all that interesting I guess. I've absolutely never had an appeal towards Bleach, I've watched scattered Naruto here and there several years back, and then One Piece is something I saw a couple of times on Adult Swim when I was younger. Nothing really hooked me.

Haha, I think I posted a picture once. Don't try to find it though, I believe it's already deleted and it was shitty too XD maybe I will share another one at some point, I like to remain mysterious :teehee
You did? Well then it's news to me! I completely missed that. I have a voice with you, but still no face. Definitely a weird situation. XD

but I guess I can say the same regarding you (with the exception of a photo ofc), isn't that how it's like with most people here though? You know them quite a bit and you might even talk to them on a regular basis but if you think a bit more about it you realize that there's actually a damn lot you don't know about. I believe building enough trust to tell a person everything (or a lot) about you is hard to accomplish, especially on a "mere" internet site. Not impossible but nothing usual either.
Yes, that's true. But after meeting Downs I have to say... You really do get to know a person over the internet. When we met it wasn't awkward or weird. It felt like we'd been friends for a couple of years, which is exactly the case. There's always that wall when you haven't met face to face... Turns out it just wasn't as substantial as I thought it was.

Well the middle is always rumored to be the best way, nothing wrong with your argument though. I'm not a die hard optimist either, I guess it's some sort of optimism-realism. I try to look at the bright side of things but I don't expect things where it's most likely that it just won't come true.
In the end, I would say that's the best outlook. Difficult to maintain, I would imagine. At least for me.

All of them? I believe that's nearly impossible, even if you trust and love someone completely there might just be something you don't want to talk about, with no one. At least that goes for me, I think I've told my best friend and my girlfriend 90% about me but there still are certain things that I just don't feel like talking about. That's just me though, maybe you're different but you never found this special someone you would tell (nearly) all your secrets and thoughts?
You have a point there. What I meant to say is someone that I would feel comfortable with sharing 100% of my secrets with. I know I never would, but I would at least like to feel like I could if I wanted to.

...Maybe I could ditch the soul mate idea and just get a therapist. :cookiehand

No, shy would be the wrong word. Like I said I'm rather silent at the start though because I'm so self-concscious. Well I guess it's not just that but at least it plays a huge role, I believe I need more time to get comfortable with people I just met than your usual guy.
Mysterious, shy, or just self-conscience? Nii-chan is a shroud of uncertainties. :3c
I doubt you have much solid ground to base your insecurities off of though. You seem like a pretty kick ass guy.

And I guess you never knew the me from back then here, I wasn't that frank at the start XD even now there aren't that much people who I show my absolute true self to or who I would talk about serious personal matters. You're one of them though so you can feel honored :P
I do. :p

Well your life is your life, there's always worse or better out there. Facing hardships is a natural part of your life so even though there are certain things I regret or which I dislike thinking about I would never trade it. I believe people who actually want that have/had it way, way worse and would comment our problems with a sarcastic laugh.

And I don't know you enough to make a good statement about that. You certainly don't seem to be the easy type but from my impression you're not as bad as you're picturing yourself. From what I can tell you're an interesting and special person that stands out of the crowd and someone you can have a damn lot of fun with. I can imagine you bitching around pretty well too though ;P
Stahp.

And it's over.... that took a damn huge amount of my time XD
:derp That's why it took me so long as well. Forgive me, Nii-chan! :arf

---------- Post added at 11:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:35 AM ----------

Ah, the gummi bear experiment. The power of oxidation! :allthe

There was a student in my AP chem class that always begged our teacher to do this demo, but she never caved. Instead, she did underwater fireworks. Much cooler, if I had to say.

---------- Post added at 11:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:36 AM ----------

Also, Nii-chan, your post was from ten pages ago! :rofl
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,179
Reaction score
30,225
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: The Internet: Can't Study With It, Can't Study Without It.

Jesus Christ, you two :nah
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: The Internet: Can't Study With It, Can't Study Without It.

Argh belated Happy Birthday Naomi! How could I miss your birthday, damns.... Hope you had a great day and got wasted :3c

Will answer everything else. tomorrow

Jesus Christ, you two :nah
Be silent Porky Pig.
 

Naomi

MH's Most Beautiful Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 6, 2010
Messages
3,193
Reaction score
6,936
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fun Forum
Re: The Internet: Can't Study With It, Can't Study Without It.

Jesus Christ, you two :nah
You have no room to talk.

Argh belated Happy Birthday Naomi! How could I miss your birthday, damns.... Hope you had a great day and got wasted :3c

Will answer everything else. tomorrow
Oh, thanks. And it's cool, not a big deal at all. I didn't get wasted, but I did buy alcohol! :zomg

Be silent Porky Pig.
Where did this nickname come from, I wonder?
 

riki

Storyteller
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2008
Messages
13,935
Reaction score
15,894
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: The Internet: Can't Study With It, Can't Study Without It.

Have you checked out the Zelda artbook yet? It's pretty awesome. :amuse
 

digitaldude

MH's Funniest Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Mar 5, 2009
Messages
4,776
Reaction score
11,648
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
Re: The Internet: Can't Study With It, Can't Study Without It.

Title is so true, when I was in school we only had stone tablets though.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,179
Reaction score
30,225
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: The Internet: Can't Study With It, Can't Study Without It.

You have no room to talk.
I do and I did. Unless you want to try to shut me up? :blush

Okay, not really...luls

Where did this nickname come from, I wonder?
The deep recesses of his unoriginal mind? :?bunny
 
Last edited:

Naomi

MH's Most Beautiful Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 6, 2010
Messages
3,193
Reaction score
6,936
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fun Forum
Re: The Internet: Can't Study With It, Can't Study Without It.

Have you checked out the Zelda artbook yet? It's pretty awesome. :amuse
I've let myself have a few spoilers here and there, but I haven't gotten the book in its entirety yet. Did you already order/received yours? I wanted to give it to my sister as a birthday gift, but I'm not certain that I'll be able to wait that long. :sweat

Title is so true, when I was in school we only had stone tablets though.
They still use tablets to this very day. :cookiehand

I do and I did. Unless you want to try to shut me up? :blush

Okay, not really...luls
Nice save. You almost unleashed a fiery hell on yourself there!

The deep recesses of his unoriginal mind? :?bunny
Oh? I honestly though there was some sort of story behind that. XD
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,179
Reaction score
30,225
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: The Internet: Can't Study With It, Can't Study Without It.

Nice save. You almost unleashed a fiery hell on yourself there!
Pfff :heh

Now I'm disappointed I went back and edited that in!

Oh? I honestly though there was some sort of story behind that. XD
I don't think so. Probably a fat joke.
 

riki

Storyteller
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2008
Messages
13,935
Reaction score
15,894
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: The Internet: Can't Study With It, Can't Study Without It.

I've let myself have a few spoilers here and there, but I haven't gotten the book in its entirety yet. Did you already order/received yours? I wanted to give it to my sister as a birthday gift, but I'm not certain that I'll be able to wait that long. :sweat
Yep, the manga was pretty good and it's supposed to be a prequel to Skyward Sword.
 

Naomi

MH's Most Beautiful Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 6, 2010
Messages
3,193
Reaction score
6,936
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fun Forum
Re: The Internet: Can't Study With It, Can't Study Without It.

Pfff :heh

Now I'm disappointed I went back and edited that in!
On the contrary. You don't want to see me when I'm angry, Garbear. :noworry It's scary shit.

I don't think so. Probably a fat joke.
:XD That's harsh for Nii-chan, don't you think? He's a cuddly bunny.

Yep, the manga was pretty good and it's supposed to be a prequel to Skyward Sword.
That's the one thing I definitely spoiled for myself though. I read it a couple months back and have to say it was very beautifully drawn. The story line wasn't anything really unique, but the art was definitely gorgeous. The translation I read was done by a fan and I bet the one in the book is much more refined.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,179
Reaction score
30,225
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: The Internet: Can't Study With It, Can't Study Without It.

On the contrary. You don't want to see me when I'm angry, Garbear. :noworry It's scary shit.
Angry over what exactly? That I pointed out you guys make long posts? :lmao

Not that I wouldn't take your word for it or belittle it, but someone's intensity is always intriguing to me :derp

:XD That's harsh for Nii-chan, don't you think? He's a cuddly bunny.
Well, I'm not sure what else it could be. I was more insulted by the lack of cleverness :lulzobito
 

Naomi

MH's Most Beautiful Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 6, 2010
Messages
3,193
Reaction score
6,936
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fun Forum
Re: The Internet: Can't Study With It, Can't Study Without It.

Angry over what exactly? That I pointed out you guys make long posts? :lmao
I wonder if you realize that it only takes two posts in this thread for me to forget what we were even talking about. If you hadn't said that last sentence, I would be lost. After a while I just start to go along with it and hope my replies makes some sort of sense.

Not that I wouldn't take your word for it or belittle it, but someone's intensity is always intriguing to me :derp
You're a testy little bastard, aren't you? Be careful what you wish for, you! :arf:arf

Well, I'm not sure what else it could be. I was more insulted by the lack of cleverness :lulzobito
:lmao Ouch!
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,179
Reaction score
30,225
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: The Internet: Can't Study With It, Can't Study Without It.

I wonder if you realize that it only takes two posts in this thread for me to forget what we were even talking about. If you hadn't said that last sentence, I would be lost. After a while I just start to go along with it and hope my replies makes some sort of sense.



You're a testy little bastard, aren't you? Be careful what you wish for, you! :arf:arf



:lmao Ouch!
No, I completely assumed as much. Wouldn't make sense if your threat really had a reason would it? :teehee ...:XD


See, that paints me in a interesting light. No comment.


Anything anyone could say to me to hurt me I've probably thought about myself in the last half hour. Truisms can't really be hurtful can they?
 

Naomi

MH's Most Beautiful Member
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 6, 2010
Messages
3,193
Reaction score
6,936
Gender
Hidden
Country
Fun Forum
Re: The Internet: Can't Study With It, Can't Study Without It.

No, I completely assumed as much. Wouldn't make sense if your threat really had a reason would it? :teehee ...:XD


See, that paints me in a interesting light. No comment.


Anything anyone could say to me to hurt me I've probably thought about myself in the last half hour. Truisms can't really be hurtful can they?
So you agree that I can threaten you without reason, and it makes complete sense and is therefore ok? What kind of relationship is this exactly? :arf

No comment, eh? :notsure

I don't know if that's self-destructive or the perfect defense mechanism.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,179
Reaction score
30,225
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: The Internet: Can't Study With It, Can't Study Without It.

So you agree that I can threaten you without reason, and it makes complete sense and is therefore ok? What kind of relationship is this exactly? :arf

No comment, eh? :notsure

I don't know if that's self-destructive or the perfect defense mechanism.
It seemed like a sexist joke on my part when I first thought of it. The reality is I knew you were only giving me a hard time :p. And I don't know, but I can appreciate some fight :fan

Well, I don't want to say anything untoward or damning :cookiehand

I doubt it's self-destructive. It was an exaggeration in the first place. But I think Tyrion sums up the underlying message better than I -


(You read past this part, so not a spoiler)
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Adorien

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 9, 2008
Messages
4,137
Reaction score
7,525
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Bulgaria
Re: The Internet: Can't Study With It, Can't Study Without It.

 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: The Internet: Can't Study With It, Can't Study Without It.

Long answer tomorrow or so, I'm sooo lazy atm :bored

Oh? I honestly though there was some sort of story behind that. XD
I said it because of that one Skype-Convo where gary stammered like a baby.

:XD That's harsh for Nii-chan, don't you think? He's a cuddly bunny.
Haha thanks. You're right though, I would never say something that harsh :pout
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,179
Reaction score
30,225
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: The Internet: Can't Study With It, Can't Study Without It.

I said it because of that one Skype-Convo where gary stammered like a baby.
:notsure if a troll or not...but I've never skyped with you :oh
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top