Discussion - AND THAT'S WHY THEY PLAY THE GAME!!! | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion AND THAT'S WHY THEY PLAY THE GAME!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Venom65437

One of the most exciting football games of all time, Boise State has pulled off perhaps one of the biggest upsets in sports history! And they don't want a playoff?? THEY DON'T WANT A PLAYOFF??

Boise State, dominated until one minute left, when they gave up the lead on an interception return for a touchdown, it looked all over when on 4th and 18, Boise State ran the hook and lateral, A PLAY THAT HAS ONLY WORKED ONE OTHER TIME, EVER! And forced overtime!

The movie script wasn't over yet. After giving up a TD in one play to Oklahoma, Boise State went right down the field and scored a TD. Then, after all that, put the whole game on the line, went for two instead of the tie! They ran a fake Statue of Liberty play and WON! I can't believe it!

This right here is why we need a playoff! Cause the games aren't played on paper, they're played on the field, and Boise State, I think, showed today they can play with any team in the country!

It is a damn shame that Boise State's perfect season will not have a chance to go on for a National Championship.

NeoShweaty

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
i hate the bcs. Why is football the only college sport without a playoff? it makes no sense outside of the profits for the schools off of the bowl games or something. Whatever, its not like it is going to change soon.

Venom65437

That's why it is what it is, until 2009 (I think.) Hopefully games like this will get changes.

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
I saw the Boise State-Oklahoma game, that was one for the ages. I would have come to talk about it that night if I had been able to, but I didn't have a working PC at the time. But better late than never, I guess.

But yeah, the last minutes had me screaming and hollering and I woke up my parents, but I didn't care at the time. Best football game I've watched all year. The hook and ladder play was unbelievable, and then the fake for the two-point conversion was just... GREAT! People will probably be talking about that handoff from Jared Zabransky to Ian Johnson years from now just like people always bring up Doug Flutie's miracle hail mary pass for Boston College all the time now.

Yes, I agree that there should be a playoff system, or at least a "extra game" to the bowl games. To think Oklahoma probably would have refused playing Boise State if it hadn't been a BCS bowl. I mean, what did Oklahoma have to earn by playing them? Win, and people will be like, well they should have, and lose, and they suffer a serious embarrassment.

I was embarrassed that Tennessee lost to Penn State, but it's probably nothing like what Oklahoma fans are going through right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.