Anime League Anime League - Spring 2017

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,847
Reaction score
23,513
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
My three for the week are going to be.

- Boku no Hero Academia
- Re: Creators
- Rokudenashi Majutsu Koushi to Akashic Records

Honorable mention for Renai Boukun. It almost edged out Akashic Records for me. Just because of the fantastic demon penguin.:XD

Dishonorable mention for Sword Oratoria. Worst episode of the season so far. A disgrace to the source material.:(
 

Gajeel

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 18, 2016
Messages
622
Reaction score
5,598
Gender
Female
Country
Romania
-Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season

-Shingeki No Kyojin Season 2

-Boruto: Naruto Next Generations


 

Eternal Dragon Of ChaOZ

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
May 5, 2016
Messages
332
Reaction score
738
Country
Australia
@Sky Will there be category awards voting for the Winter Anime? Like we had with the fall 2016?

Rokudenashi Majutsu Koushi to Akashic Records EP 3
Hell yeah, that was an awesome episode.
Nice to see what Glenn is capable of. He really went all out.
Good to see Sistine & Rumia also help out when needed.
Love the part where he mentioned the skeletons have had too much milk.
Zero kara Hajimeru Mahou no Sho EP 2
I thought the opening was pretty good.
Arrow to the knee reference lol. Skyrim was a really good game.
The music in this is really good also, I had to listen to some parts over again.
I love how Zero is always so calm and in control regardless of the situation.
Looking forward to next episode, looks like another good one.
Clockwork Planet EP 3
That was a very tense situation at the start, luckily things didn't get out of hand and they managed to work it out.
Naoto has made himself very useful with that hearing ability of his.
Marie is a pretty good fighter herself.
Wow that scene with RyuZU transforming was pretty cool.
Lol that proposal out of nowhere was funny. Good thing Marie pointed out that they should be getting a move on, they are only trying to save an entire city and all it's people.
Looking forward to the next episode.

Honorable Mentions
Bang Dream EP 13
I felt the sadness everyone else felt for the last day of Space.
Poppin'Party had a great song.
I thought it was the perfect ending for this show.
I enjoyed this anime.
Renai Boukun EP 3
Lol what a freaky penguin. Good to see Seiji & Akua have a good relationship.
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned indeed, that was one hell of a beat down.
I too was worried when the book was burned but things worked out in the end.
Yeah not sure if I want everything back to normal if it means I can be stabbed relentlessly without dying.
That pink haired girl looks like she will be a lot of fun to watch in the upcoming episodes.
Eromanga-Sensei EP 3
That episode was a lot of fun.
I wonder what Megumi will try next time.
Elf playing the piano naked was definitely unexpected.
Lol at Masamune completely forgetting he was in Sigiri's room and just dropping his pants down like that, that was a nice shot by Elf.
That scene right after was very funny.
It was nice to see Sagiri happy like that when she was streaming, god thing Elf is completely oblivious about her.
Re:Creators EP 3
Ajarakamokuren Kyuraisu! .... NOTHING HAPPENED! I thought something awesome would happen but nope, it was kinda funny though.
I like Yuuya's character, I'm gonna go and do my own thing just like he is written.
Good to see they have made another friend plus she has given Meteora * Celestia a place to stay.
I wonder who this Setsuna is that Gunpuku is talking about and what role they will play, still have no idea what she wants to begin with.
SukaSuka EP 2
That was quite the episode. Some dark stuff there.
Nice to see Willem getting the kids to open up to him like that. I would like to try that food he made.
I'm not sure how I would feel in his situation, seeing kids react as if nothing happened when they get badly hurt like that or just not caring about dying in general.
Lol at Willem & Chtholly bed scene.
Looks like one hell of a battle ahead, I hope they can get through it without anyone dying.
Granblue Fantasy EP 4
Very nice, Rackam got to finally live his dream and fly Grandcypher.
Now comes the hard part of trying to calm down a rampaging monster.
And then they have to deal the little general and his army.
Busou Shoujo Machiavellianism EP 3
That swordsmanship was pretty good to watch.
Kirukiru Amou is pretty amazing in those flashback. She could be the final boss and would be extremely hard to defeat.
All the five swords girls are going to be following him soon.
 

Zasz

Bishoujo Collector
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 17, 2012
Messages
7,072
Reaction score
5,797
Country
Marine Headquarters
My picks for this week are the following:

Re: Creators
Rokudenashi Majutsu Koushi to Akashic Records


I'll be waiting for today's series, before giving my third vote. :blush
 

Wowzers

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 1, 2008
Messages
6,509
Reaction score
5,523
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Had to wait for today's episodes to decide since there are a couple I like.
This weeks episodes are:
Boku no Hero Academia - So far this has been really well done!
Re:Creators - The experiments didn't work, but the episode did. I suspect the character would have to be in their universe for the change to take effect.
Rokudenashi Majutsu Koushi to Akashic Records - The first 3 episodes of this series served as an excellent introduction to the show.

And the ones from this week that didn't quite make the cut:
Renai Boukun - Demon Penguin! :XD
Shingeki no Bahamut: Virgin Soul - Favaro!!! or maybe not. psych!
Atom: the Beginning - Took some effort to find this series, but it may be worth it. I found the art work a little sketchy though.
Alice to Zouroku - I'm enjoying every episode of this, it just needs a little push to the top.
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,672
Reaction score
61,370
Gender
Male
Country
France
My two other nominations are for Uchouten Kazoku(and Episode 3 was soooo good, will likely vote for it next week) and Shingeki no Bahamut Virgin Soul.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Nii

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Dec 7, 2010
Messages
31,967
Reaction score
23,755
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I will vote for:
Rokudenashi
BnHA
Shingeki
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
How could I forget to vote... I wonder if Sky-kun will allow my somewhat late voting but trying doesn't hurt:

Shingeki no Kyojin
Boku no Hero Academia
Re:Creators
 

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Dec 7, 2010
Messages
31,967
Reaction score
23,755
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I'll vote for my third option too.
In the worst-case scenario I'll receive a whipping session from @Sky. :kappa

Eromanga-sensei
Sorry but till noon on monday is okay... Tuesday not really. :pout
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
@Sky Will there be category awards voting for the Winter Anime? Like we had with the fall 2016?[/SPOILER]
What do you mean by that? Category awards?
--- Double Post Merged, ---
Another week, another table:


Change​
Rank​
Anime​
Nominations​
►​
1​
Boku no Hero Academia S2
24​
►​
2​
Shingeki no Kyojin
15​
►​
3​
Renai Boukun
12​
►​
4​
Re:Creators
11​
►​
5​
Rokudenashi Majutsu Koushi to Akashic Records
10​
►​
6​
Clockwork Planet
3​
►​
6​
Zero kara Hajimeru Mahou no Sho
3​
▲3​
8​
Boruto: Naruto Next Generations
2​
▼2​
8​
Eromanga-sensei
2​
▼2​
8​
Granblue Fantasy
2​
▼2​
8​
Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii desu ka? Sukutte Moratte Ii desu ka?
2​
▼1​
12​
Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka Gaiden: Sword Oratoria
1​
▼1​
12​
Hinako Note
1​
▼1​
12​
Little Witch Academia
1​
►​
12​
Shingeki no Bahamut: Virgin Soul
1​
►​
12​
Uchouten Kazoku 2
1​
 
Last edited:

Zasz

Bishoujo Collector
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 17, 2012
Messages
7,072
Reaction score
5,797
Country
Marine Headquarters
It appears that the popular series have the edge over the newer ones. :kappa
Well, that has to be expected I guess, but I feel sorry for some of the Anime I'm watching. :emocat
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,847
Reaction score
23,513
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Boku no Hero Academia seems like the show to beat. It's not quite the KonoSuba level of unparalleled dominance yet though. While it's lead is considerable it's not insurmountable.

If it has a couple of off episodes one new show I could see usurping it is Re:Creators. That show is Ufotable Fate/Stay Night level in terms of epic sound and animation. But the story is in that weird zone where it could either become legendarily awesome of completely self destruct. It could go really either way.

Hero Academia also does have it's secret weapon of a soundtrack. I mean, damn, whoever is in charge of that is just hitting homerun after homerun. It's been very nearly Gurren Lagann level.
 

Miralicious akuma

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 19, 2016
Messages
309
Reaction score
1,686
Country
India
I think i'm going to nominate- Boruto:The next generations
As disappointed as i was with the manga, the anime made everything 100x better, its actually entertaining asf and the characters are also likeable in here .
so yepp
 

Spirit

Friend
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 4, 2016
Messages
8,110
Reaction score
13,058
Age
27
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Boku no Hero Academia seems like the show to beat. It's not quite the KonoSuba level of unparalleled dominance yet though. While it's lead is considerable it's not insurmountable.

If it has a couple of off episodes one new show I could see usurping it is Re:Creators. That show is Ufotable Fate/Stay Night level in terms of epic sound and animation. But the story is in that weird zone where it could either become legendarily awesome of completely self destruct. It could go really either way.

Hero Academia also does have it's secret weapon of a soundtrack. I mean, damn, whoever is in charge of that is just hitting homerun after homerun. It's been very nearly Gurren Lagann level.
Re:creators is certainly my favourite of the new shows this season. But SnK as an anime is second only to FMAB in my opinion.
 

Wowzers

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 1, 2008
Messages
6,509
Reaction score
5,523
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
FMAB certainly was one of the best animes of all time, no question there.
SnK however doesn't really turn my crank. I do watch it, but for some reason it just doesn't excite me.
BnHA does from this season. A number of others also interest me more than SnK.

I'm not dissing SnK, its just personal preference.
 

littleangel

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 4, 2012
Messages
787
Reaction score
377
Gender
Female
Country
Jordan
I was reading the latest release of Berserk, and for some reason I remembered coming here to Mangahelpers to discuss and debate Claymore! These times were one of my personal favorite! Suddenly, I ended up checking the forum, and I liked the recommendations about Yakusoku no Neverland, and I gave it a shot and loved it!! So thank you for hosting the 2017 awards MH :D

LOL, I know that this way off the topic, but I just felt like I wanted to share how I ended up here.

If I get the chance to nominate, I would like to support some of the unfortunate ones like Little Witch Academy. I also feel that Berserk this season was way better than the previous one (very far away from the true potentials of the series, but can't complain). Finally, I would like to support Shingeki no Kyojin.

I'm not sure if I will be back as a daily regular, but I promise to pass by every now and then ;)
 

Spirit

Friend
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 4, 2016
Messages
8,110
Reaction score
13,058
Age
27
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
I'll place my vote for Boku no Hero Academia for now. Great episode coupled with a God-Tier OST. The anime really does do every chapter of the manga justice.

About an hour left until SnK releases *Rubs hands in anticipation*
 
Last edited:

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,672
Reaction score
61,370
Gender
Male
Country
France
For now, Uchouten Kazoku 2. Episode 03 is the best episode of the season for me so far. Bahamut and BNHA have been excellent this week as well, but UK is on another level.

I am surprised by Re:Creators's popularity TBH, it's good but I don't find it that good. I thought Bahamut would do better than that too, the first series was excellent and the sequel is getting better and better. Had it not been a sequel it would have probably ranked higher. There are so many sequels this season and SnK is the most popular one.
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: Nii
Top