Anime League Anime League - Spring 2018

Hermit

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 9, 2016
Messages
6,560
Reaction score
24,727
Age
31
Country
Mozambique
I'm voting for.

Highschool DXD
(The greatest Press Conference I've ever seen:XD.)
Boku no Hero Academia (Getting to the good stuff now.)
Sword Art Online Alternative: Gun Gale Online (Fantastic. Marvelous. Glorious. These are the words I would use to describe this episode and this anime.)

Why are more people not watching GGO?



Come on guys and gals your missing out on a magical experience here. And this is coming from somebody who pretty much hates SAO. GGO Alt is a completely different animal.

@Brandish
@Erinyes
@Emperor Spriggan
@Gryffindor

LLENN the Pink Demon is not just cute but also by far the most badass character in the SAO universe. Kirito should thank his lucky stars he never came across her in his GGO arc or he would still have nightmares. LLENN may wear pink but she knows no fear and gives no mercy.

I am watching it actually :XD But I have yet to watch the latest episode, should do that sometime later today. And yep, Karen is badass as hell. I actually like her as much as I like Sinon, from the original Gun Gale Online, she's that good a lead female to me :blush
My first two nominations this week are:
Wotaku wa Koi ni Muzukashii
Tada kun wa Koi wo Shinai

Will add one more later
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,849
Reaction score
23,519
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I am watching it actually :XD But I have yet to watch the latest episode, should do that sometime later today. And yep, Karen is badass as hell. I actually like her as much as I like Sinon, from the original Gun Gale Online, she's that good a lead female to me :blush
See I knew you were a good person.:pleased

Also just in case I have not sufficiently shilled GGO. I found a whole video and exactly why GGO is so much better than SAO. And I agree with every word of it.

 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Funny, I struggle with taking GGO seriously at this point... but let's not even start that discussion, it's not a show for me I think, but might as well finish it now xD

My votes

BNHA (Next week should be amazing, hopefully, I've been looking forward to that one all season)
Hinamatsuri (Anzu remains the true MC of the show, Hitomi basically is the god of Hinamatsuri anyway)
Darling in the Franxx (a bit late to start the Trigger train of going all crazy, but I like it nonetheless)
 

Wowzers

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 1, 2008
Messages
6,509
Reaction score
5,523
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
This weeks picks!

Boku no Hero Academia -ep48- Nice fight, good escape, now time for the big moment next episode.
Wotaku ni Koi wa Muzukashii -ep09- Amusement park penalty date! Almost sounds like a drinking game. :XD
Hinamatsuri -ep10- The way-too-awesome Hitomi has a loli-mom. :XD

Darling in the FranXX -ep20- Virm… so, APE really are aliens. Time to change sides. Kokoro needs a planet to give birth. :XD
Sword Art Online Alternative: Gun Gale Online -ep09- Pink clouds of smoke and death… :XD
Golden Kamuy -ep09- Never laughed at someone's death like that. :XD
Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu: Die Neue These - Kaikou -ep09- I kind of expected an assassination attempt 1) on Jessica and 2) on Wen Li at the traffic stop.
High School DxD Hero -ep08- Yeah, Issei is dumb. Unbelievably lucky… but dumb.
Steins;Gate 0 -ep09- LAPTOP!
Tada-kun wa Koi wo Shinai -ep10- Nice date but…
Grancrest Senki -ep22- The church wants to play too.
Megalo Box -ep10- The fix is in! Or maybe not.
Full Metal Panic! Invisible Victory -ep08- Kurama makes Sousuke mad. It doesn't really help though.
Captain Tsubasa -ep10- Moving up through the tournament.
Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara - Toutsuki Ressha-hen -ep21- Joichirou's past.
Kakuriyo no Yadomeshi -ep10- New dog's bark sound like: "Barf, barf"
 

Eternal Dragon Of ChaOZ

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
May 5, 2016
Messages
332
Reaction score
738
Country
Australia
SAO Gun Gale Online
Wow she blew people's heads off and blew them in half lol, pretty epic seeing such a crazy woman going on a rampage like that.

Cool that Sinon got a mention.

What a plan that was to use smoke like that, LLENN wiped out almost all of them, and Fuka gave that sleazy dirtbag what he deserved.

Do only leechers play this game? Seems like it.

Good thing they didn't kill her and managed to negotiate for the ammo, she returned the favor by saving LLENN & Fuka.

Looks like an incredibly tough battle next time, looking forward to it.

Toji no Miko
Best possible start to this episode, Yukina getting what she deserves.

I paid close attention to the opening this week and noticed the part where Hiyori & Ichikishima were split in half and connected to each other, foreshadowing the eventual merger between them.

Good thing all the girls can understand Kanami's feeling and fully support her when she needs the help.

New and improved S Armor, exactly what they needed, everyone is really working hard out there.

Maybe this time it's really the end for Yomi and a very sad one, very touching too between her & Yukina.

Excellent Hiyori returns, Kanami's willpower and determination prevails for now, however the reunion will have to wait, they still have to try and find a way to defeat Tagitsu

Hinamatsuri
You definitely wouldn't see me working with heights, especially at that height, no wonder Hitomi was very frightened.

Ouch, poor Hitomi getting kicked around like that.

gotta give Hitomi a lot of credit in this episode, she worked so many jobs and put in an incredibly amount of effort.

Can't believe they got dragged into gambling, I noticed a lot of references to horses from Pretty Derby/Real Life, El Condor Pasa, Special week, Grass Wonder.

Haha Anzu can do the some reaction as Hitomi, even Hitmoi got excited when she won a race.

I had a feeling Anzu would lose all her money, not that I wanted her to but she has learnt a very valuable lesson here.



Honorable Mentions

Beatless
The one possessed by Snowdrop were quite clever using a hostage in order to defeat those soldiers.

Oh wow a kiss scene, I have known for a long time how Shiori has felt about Arato but that definitely took me by surprise and also Arato, he still love Lacia though.

Arato is lucky to have a reliable little sister like Yuka around.

Snowdrop is ready for war.

Cardcaptor Sakura
When they were all talking about dreams at lunch time I thought that either Sakura or Akiho would bring up the dream they had and they would both realize theirs was exactly the same as each other.

Wow that was some battle Sakura had, we already knew it was Akiho from previous episodes but now Sakura finally sees her but not for long due to Kaito's magic.

Wow! to be able to turn back that amount of time was something else, shows just how powerful a D mage is.

I'm not sure what to think of Kaito, I have no idea what this spell is or the relic that he took is but he wants to protect Akiho at all costs even if it's taboo.

Guess we will find out another time, I assume there will be another season, I hope there is one.

I kinda miss seeing Sakura roller blade to school but understandable that she wants to walk with Syaoran.

Uma Musume Pretty Derby
Wow look at Broye, she gets a limo and even the red carpet rolled out for her, the perks of being a top international race horse.

It was nice to see El Condor Pasa try and help out Special Week like that, those 2 have along gotten along.

That was a strange and funny way her teammates were cheering her on but whatever works I guess.

What an incredible comeback race for Silence Suzuka, she destroyed everyone out there.

Can't wait for next episode to see Special Week go up against Broye, I am not confident that she will win but she will definitely give it everything she's got out there.
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,673
Reaction score
61,376
Gender
Male
Country
France
Boku no Hero Academia.
Tada-kun wa Koi wo Shinai.
High School DxD Hero.

Golden Kamuy and GGO were pretty good too. Hinamatsuri was good as well but the Hitomi suffering makes me feel too bad to nominate it.
 

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Dec 7, 2010
Messages
31,967
Reaction score
23,755
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Another week, another table:


Change​
Rank​
Anime​
Nominations​
►​
1​
Hinamatsuri
101​
►​
2​
Boku no Hero Academia 3rd Season
70​
►​
3​
Wotaku ni koi wa Muzukashii
59​
▲1​
4​
Darling in the FranXX
31​
►​
4​
Megalo Box
31​
►​
6​
Piano no Mori
23​
►​
7​
High School DxD Hero
19​
►​
8​
Nanatsu no Taizai: Imashime no Fukkatsu
17​
▲1​
9​
Sword Art Online Alternative: Gun Gale Online
13​
▼1​
10​
Persona 5 - The Animation
12​
▲1​
10​
Tada-kun wa Koi wo Shinai
12​
▼1​
12​
Captain Tsubasa (2018)
9​
►​
13​
Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara - Toutsuki Ressha-hen
8​
►​
14​
Cardcaptor Sakura: Clear Card-hen
5​
►​
14​
Comic Girls
5​
►​
14​
GeGeGe no Kintaro (2018)
5​
►​
14​
Grancrest Senki
5​
►​
14​
Uma Musume: Pretty Derby
5​
►​
19​
Boruto: Naruto Next Generations
4​
►​
19​
Golden Kamuy
4​
►​
19​
Tokyo Ghoul:re
4​
►​
22​
Black Clover
3​
►​
22​
Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu: Die Neue These - Kaikou
3​
►​
22​
Steins;Gate 0
3​
►​
25​
Full Metal Panic! Invisible Victory
1​
►​
25​
Gundam Build Divers
1​
►​
25​
Lupin III: Part 5
1​
►​
25​
Major 2nd
1​
►​
25​
Puzzle & Dragon
1​
►​
25​
Toji no Miko
1​
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,849
Reaction score
23,519
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
My votes are going to..

Boku no Hero Academia
(ALLMAITO! )
Grancrest Senki (Now that was an epic battle! Animation quality wasn't amazing but still though. Awesome stuff.)
Sword Art Online Alternative: Gun Gale Online (Awesome strategy from the rhythmic gymnastics team and and even more awesome Darth Pito)​
 

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2015
Messages
16,366
Reaction score
25,476
Age
31
Gender
Male
Country
India
My votes
Hinamatsuri
BNHA Season 3

Wotaku ni koi wa Muzukashii


Honourable mentions
Grancrest Senki
Megalo Box
Tokyo Ghoul Re
 

Wowzers

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 1, 2008
Messages
6,509
Reaction score
5,523
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
This weeks picks!

Boku no Hero Academia -ep49- We have a winner
Wotaku ni Koi wa Muzukashii -ep10- Ok, Kou is a girl…
Hinamatsuri -ep11- How is Hina skiing with a cast on? Lets find out next week! :D

Darling in the FranXX -ep21- Zero Tsu!!!
Golden Kamuy -ep10- Shiraishi seems to have troubles with animals every episode :D
Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara - Toutsuki Ressha-hen -ep10- Let the battle commense
Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu: Die Neue These - Kaikou -ep10- How do we lose… without losing too much?
High School DxD Hero -ep09- Too many to choose from.
Steins;Gate 0 -ep10- LAPTOP! pt2 (Next weeks LAPTOP will be more exciting I'd expect.)
Tada-kun wa Koi wo Shinai -ep11- Tada gets on a plane… unsurprisingly.
Megalo Box -ep11- I thought 3-to-1 or 5-to-1 odds were a little skimpy for a fixed fight. Is there a deeper scam coming up?
Grancrest Senki -ep23- Where's the magic?
Sword Art Online Alternative: Gun Gale Online -ep10- Uhhhh… is Pitou using SAO style nerve gear?
Kakuriyo no Yadomeshi -ep11- I may end up dropping this… no real plot progression.
Captain Tsubasa -ep11- ok episode. Vs a defensive team they barely get a win.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Tada-kun wa Koi wo Shinai
Wotaku ni Koi wa Muzukashii
Hinamatsuri
Grancrest Senki

Yes, these good shows are ending... Why dear god, WHY!
 
Top