Anime League Anime League - Summer 2017

Juviii

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 15, 2016
Messages
1,034
Reaction score
14,775
Gender
Female
Country
Portugal
Boku no Hero Academia 2
Re: Creators
Tsurezure Children
 

Gajeel

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 18, 2016
Messages
622
Reaction score
5,598
Gender
Female
Country
Romania
Boku no Hero Academia
Kakegurui
Boruto(If its not too late)
 
Last edited:

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Dec 7, 2010
Messages
31,967
Reaction score
23,755
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Boku no Hero Academia
Kakegurui
Fate/Apocrypha
Out of fairness we go by date of subs. Last week was a special occasion. Usually Fate Apo is a sunday show for this league and would be eligible on the following voting day.
 
Last edited:

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 7, 2009
Messages
3,913
Reaction score
13,733
Gender
Female
Country
Winterfell
  • Boku no Hero Academia
    -> I see Best Jeanist, I vote for BnHA :hip
    -> Gran Torino and Midoriya were hilarious :lmao
  • Made in Abyss
    -> a Tower of God HNG!-adventurous-spin-off :lmao
    -> Robot-kun :blush


  • Kakegurui
    -> Because... :tss
  • Re Creators
    -> Re Creators is very good at being a hit or miss. This was a miss. There was way too much talking about things we already knew/figured out , especially in the first half. I also can't bring myself to feel interested in the non-Servant characters, and this episode barely featured any Servants. Good new OP though.
  • Shoukoko no Altair
    -> It was better than expected, but still holds the potential to be dropped. I actually only watched it, because of my turkish roots. First bit was actually very lively. But when things got serious - very serious btw - I didn't feel any excitement due to the lax behaviour of the characters, and the way how the whole topic got resolved in the end was kinda weird. I will watch episode 2 before I decide whether to continue or drop it.
 

Zasz

Bishoujo Collector
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 17, 2012
Messages
7,072
Reaction score
5,797
Country
Marine Headquarters
Koi to Uso
Tsurezure Children
Aho Girl
 

Wowzers

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 1, 2008
Messages
6,509
Reaction score
5,523
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
This weeks Selections:

Re:Creators - Metchin doesn't like being called Metchin! :D And who is this new girl that looks a bit like an older Mamika with a different eyecolor?
Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season - Great OP and ED's! It will take me some time to get used to them though.
Made in Abyss - Almost like a Miyazaki film.

Knights & Magic - I liked this! It's another reincarnation into another world story, but done well. :D
Keppeki Danshi! Aoyama-kun - clean freak soccer?? He can tolerate being dirty for 5 minutes???
Youkai Apartment no Yuuga na Nichijou - Looks fun!
Koi to Uso - not bad for a romance story, but probably not for me.
Isekai Shokudou - Restaurant in the middle of the universe?? :D
Tsuredure Children - only watched a few minutes. not for me.
Nanamaru Sanbatsu - Quiz club.
Konbini Kareshi - school life/slice of life/romance probably not for me.
18if - Waking up in a dreamworld
Shingeki no Bahamut: Virgin Soul - Almost like an interlude episode
Shoukoku no Altair - What would happen if Turkey was the size of a continent and had an Arslan Senki feel to it?
Katsugeki Touken Ranbu - The time travelers are ... famous weapons?

I get the feeling Fate/Apocrypha will end up in the following week's tally a lot.
Hmmmmmm..... This season is going to be tough.
Almost every week it'll be
Boku no Hero Academia
Re:Creators
Fate/Apocrypha

And how do we squeeze in:
Made in Abyss
Knights & Magic
Kakegurui
Shingeki no Bahamut
and any of the other possibilities? The only possibility would be if one of the top 3 has a bad week.
 
Last edited:

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,840
Reaction score
23,503
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
My 3rd is going to be Made in Abyss as well

Absolutely gorgeous episode.
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,672
Reaction score
61,369
Gender
Male
Country
France
There are series that I have not watched yet because I am rather busy but:

Boku no Hero Academia
Boruto
Made in Abyss


Altair was pretty good too.
 

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Dec 7, 2010
Messages
31,967
Reaction score
23,755
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
A bit late, but here we go:


Change​
Rank​
Anime​
Nominations​
▲1​
1​
Kakegurui
8​
►​
2​
Boku no Hero Academia S2
7​
►​
3​
Made in Abyss
6​
▼3​
4​
Fate/Apocrypha
5​
►​
5​
Re:Creators
4​
►​
6​
Boruto
2​
►​
6​
Knights & Magic
2​
►​
6​
Tsurezure Children
2​
►​
9​
Aho Girl
1​
►​
9​
Isekai Shokudou
1​
►​
9​
Keppeki Danshi! Aoyama-kun
1​
►​
9​
Koi to Uso
1​
►​
9​
New Game +
1​
►​
9​
Shoukoku no Altair
1​
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
For the record I WILL call that show New Game +.
Simply because it is a wasted opportunity I can't accept.
 

Eternal Dragon Of ChaOZ

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
May 5, 2016
Messages
332
Reaction score
738
Country
Australia
Isekai wa Smartphone to Tomo ni. EP 1
What a lucky guy, he gets to adventure with twins and eventually a bunch of other girls.

He can use any magic and has great ability's that might make him near invincible.

Not to mention all the benefits he can get due to the knowledge he has which the current world he is in doesn't have.

I enjoyed this, very much looking forward to the next episode.

Knight's & Magic EP 2
Tough life he has, all the girls want him.

This guy is amazing to watch, I am really enjoying his work and the action in this anime.

The way he brought down that behemoth was very impressive.

Very much looking forward to the next episode.

Princess Principle EP 1
I really liked this.

Great action throughout.

The girls are pretty cool to watch are quite clever.

Ange is one hell of a liar, she kept saying no as she kept shooting him.

Very much looking forward to the next episode.


Honorable Mentions

Tenshi no 3P! EP 1
Just noticed this so I thought I would give it a watch, I thought it was very good.

That was funny when it went into a video game battle mode, escape selected :)

I just wish the song they sung was subtitled.

Pretty good loli rock band.

I will let you touch me a little... no thank you, I don't want to go to jail, nor does he.

I think I better start praying like he did a the end there lol.
Gamers! EP 1
Pretty good start to this series.

It looks like it will be a lot of fun to watch.

I can't believe he rejected her at the end.

Guilty Gear! Love that series.
Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shugi no Kyoushitse e EP 1
Pretty good so far, I am liking this a lot.

I had a feeling that the laziness of the students would come back to haunt them.

At least a few of them were smart enough to know better.
Aho Girl EP 2
Haha new opening, I hope it's different for every episode.

These characters are so stupid but they make me laugh a lot.
Kakegurui EP 3
Jabami is so savage at times, she is awesome to watch.

I wasn't expecting her to lose though, that was quite the surprise.

Either way I can't wait for her to interact more with the student council p[resident and eventually gamble with her.

Very much looking forward to the next episode.
Katsugeki/Touken Ranbu EP 3
Very good episode.

Nice to see that the team is now fully co-operating with each other.

Next episode should also be very good now that they are a team that's is gelling well together.
Centaur no Nayami EP 1
I thought this was pretty good.

I like how the class has all kinds of races in it.

Comedy was decent.

Looking forward to watching more.
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,840
Reaction score
23,503
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
What a brutal week. I don't think it's ever been this hard for me to pick 3 out of all the good episodes I saw. In the end I'm going with..

- Knight & Magic
- Isekai Shokudou
- Gamers!
(the twist was great)

Honorable mentions.

Fate/Apocrypha
Made in Abyss
Hero Academia
Re:Creators
 

Zasz

Bishoujo Collector
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Sep 17, 2012
Messages
7,072
Reaction score
5,797
Country
Marine Headquarters
Princess Principal
Aho Girl
Knight & Magic
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Kakegurui (I feel like I'm enjoying this one way more than I should)
Boku no Hero Academia
Fate/Apocrypha
 

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Dec 7, 2010
Messages
31,967
Reaction score
23,755
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Boku no Hero Academia
Fate/Apocrypha

Re:Creators
 

Wowzers

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 1, 2008
Messages
6,509
Reaction score
5,523
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
This weeks Selections:

Re:Creators - Selected this week because all our joking came true!
Fate/Apocrypha - WOW! So many introductions!
Boku no Hero Academia - Here comes Stain

Knights & Magic - MC hotwired a mecha and used it like a boss.
Made in Abyss - Sad that Rico's mother is dead... or is she?
Gamers! - I wasn't even going to watch this, but it's so good!
Youkai Apartment no Yuuga na Nichijou - I'm enjoying this a lot! For those of you not watching it, pick it up!

I've been taking short notes after episodes.
Sunday
Knights & Magic - Another good episode, but isn't it a little weird how he interfaced with the mecha?
Centaur no Nayami - Really cute story.
Princess Principal - hmmm... school girls as spys. They assassinate too. I'll give it another week.
Keppeki Danshi! Aoyama-kun - Moka-chan: 'My feelings for Aoyama-kun have to stay a secret!' meanwhile, written on her t-shirt: "Aoyama 4 Live"
Kakegurui - What a mentally destablizing environment.
Fate/Apocrypha - WOW! Introductions and there are so many heavy hitters, like Vlad the Impaler, Frankenstein, Sparticus and Chiron. Surprisingly, Jean of Arc isn't on either side, she's a Ruler class and seems to be an opponent of both other teams.

Monday
Youkai Apartment no Yuuga na Nichijou - This is one of those surprisingly good shows this season that won't end up getting votes due to the big 3.
Isekai Shokudou - Its not bad, but I get the feeling this will be the same every week.
Tenshi no 3P! - I wasn't actually going to watch this, but I did, and it wasn't bad. The girls are surprisingly skilled, but that hidden room in the church implys a sketchy history.

Tuesday
Isekai wa Smartphone to Tomo ni - the seasonal harem begins.
Aho Girl - I've got milk coming out of my nose.
Nanamaru Sanbatsu - quiz game is ok.


Wednesday
Nora to Oujo to Noraneko Heart - veeeery short at 3.5 minutes. probably would be better to watch them all at once.
Hajimete no Gal - have mixed feelings. like the main girl, but not the main guy.

Thursday
Gamers! - Surprisingly good start to a series I wasn't even going to watch. Added to my long list of shows for this season...

Friday
Made in Abyss - The Star Compass always points to the center of the planet... That's not magic, that's gravity! :D
18if - Getting creepier.
Jikan no Shihaisha - ok, but i'm not crazy over it.
Shingeki no Bahamut: Virgin Soul - Is it just me or does the OP sound wierd and not match the video? The ED however I like a lot.
Shoukoku no Altair - It never ceases to amaze me when people take pride in being a dirtbag.


Saturday
Boku no Hero Academia - Let the fight begin!
Re:Creators - Yup! The new girl is a dating sim girl. with no powers. Just lots of horny accepting fans.
Katsugeki Touken Ranbu - ufotable's excellent video and audio work with a boring plot. dropped.

Dropped!

Katsugeki Touken Ranbu - ufotable's excellent video and audio work with a boring plot.
Konbini Kareshi
Enmusubi no Youko-chan
Koi to Uso
Tsuredure Children
Clione no Akari
- Kind of depressing.
 

Juviii

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 15, 2016
Messages
1,034
Reaction score
14,775
Gender
Female
Country
Portugal
Re: Creators
Youkoso jitsuryoku shijou shugi no kyoushitsu e’
Tsurezure Children
 

syx

ρʀσᴅıɢʏ
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 7, 2009
Messages
3,913
Reaction score
13,733
Gender
Female
Country
Winterfell
  • Fate Apocrypha
    -> Good action, hilarious interactions, Modred <3
  • Kakegurui
    -> Gosh, Yumeko for waifu! :zomg So savage and she doesn't give a single fuck! :hip
  • Re Creators
    -> some interesting convos, Meteora <3, Magane xD, that new chick <3
  • Boku no Hero Academia
    -> Good, but not good enough. The fact that I didn't like Iida in that arc also played its part.
  • Made in Abyss
    -> Was good, too. The exposition was fine.
  • Shoukoku no Altair
    -> Dropped. I saw it coming. Things just move way too fast for such sensitive situations. Not my cup of tea.
 

Demonspeed

The Bull
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Apr 30, 2012
Messages
47,672
Reaction score
61,369
Gender
Male
Country
France
Boku no Hero Academia
Dragon Ball Super
 
Top