Anime League Anime League - Winter 2019

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Dec 7, 2010
Messages
31,967
Reaction score
23,756
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Behold, the final table:



Change​
Rank​
Anime​
Nominations​
►​
1​
Mob Psycho 100 II
100​
►​
2​
Kaguya-sama wa Kokurasetai: Tensai-tachi no Renai Zunousen
91​
►​
3​
Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari
83​
►​
4​
Dororo
63​
►​
5​
Yakusoku no Neverland
54​
►​
6​
Gotoubun no Hanayome
43​
►​
7​
JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken: Ougon no Kaze
42​
►​
8​
Boogiepop wa Warawanai
24​
►​
8​
Doukyonin wa Hiza, Tokidoki, Atama no Ue.
24​
►​
10​
Tensei shitara Slime Datta Ken
23​
►​
11​
Fairy Tail: Final Series
21​
►​
12​
Hinomaruzumou
15​
►​
13​
Sword Art Online: Alicization
12​
►​
14​
Kaze ga Tsuyoku Fuiteiru
8​
►​
15​
Radiant
7​
▲7​
16​
Toaru Majutsu no Index III
6​
▼1​
17​
Kakegurui××
5​
▼1​
18​
Date A Live III
4​
►​
18​
Piano no Mori
4​
▼1​
20​
BanG Dream! 2nd Season
2​
▼1​
20​
Black Clover
2​
▼1​
20​
Egao no Daika
2​
▼1​
20​
W'z
2​
▼1​
24​
3D Kanojo: Real Girl 2nd Season
1​
▼1​
24​
Endro~!
1​
▼1​
24​
Fukigen na Mononokean Tsuzuki
1​
▼1​
24​
Grimms Notes The Animation
1​
▼1​
24​
Karakuri Circus
1​
▼1​
24​
Mahou Shoujo Tokushusen Asuka
1​
▼1​
24​
Pokemon Sun & Moon
1​
▼1​
24​
Watashi ni Tenshi ga Maiorita!
1​


Let's all bow before the proud winner of the Winter 2019 Anime League:

Mob Psycho 100 II​


Congratulations!
:confetti:confetti:confetti
​

Last but not least, it is also the time to crown the winning users of this season:

3rd Place
@Demonspeed

2nd Place
@Wowzers

1st Place
@Asako

Top 10:

4th Place @GajeelNashi
5th Place @Arjuna
6th Place @Elusia
7th Place @Sky
8th Place @Nii
9th Place @Crescent Jinx
10th Place @Jammin

Once again, congratulations to all of you! I hope to see you all again for the next season which is already up and running. :blush
 

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2015
Messages
16,366
Reaction score
25,476
Age
31
Gender
Male
Country
India
Pretty sure, that's the girl from the strangest gambling anime Kakegurui. Which is getting a second season. It's funny how nobody recognizes her when she's not making a creepy pervert face.:p



EDIT: Oh, nevermind I see you were talking about the sparkly one to all the way on the other side.

--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
As for what I plan on watching.

  • Tate no Yuusha
  • Mob Psycho 100 II
  • Date A Live III
  • Slime
  • Index III
  • Radiant

Everything else is a "wait and see"
You may watch Kaguya Sama love is war, pretty funny and good series

@Brandish will support it too.
--- Double Post Merged, ---
Btw @Sky we can nominate episodes aired this week like Boogiepop?
 

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Dec 7, 2010
Messages
31,967
Reaction score
23,756
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Nominating day is on Sunday. It is possible to nominate BEFORE that day, but NOT after the following Monday.
  • A week goes from Sunday to Saturday. The Nomination day for that whole week is the day AFTER that Saturday. For example: This week goes from Dec 31st to Jan 5th, 23:59 CET. Voting days for this week would be the 6th and the 7th 23:59 CET.
You could vote twice for Boogiebop. Yes.
 

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2015
Messages
16,366
Reaction score
25,476
Age
31
Gender
Male
Country
India
So I nominate

Boogiepop Episode 1
Boogiepop Episode 2

For now may change it something later.
 

Asako

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2018
Messages
2,062
Reaction score
15,308
Gender
Female
Country
Tunisia
Boogiepop
Boogiepop


Btw can I nominate tate no yuusha even tho it's a pre aired episode ?
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,855
Reaction score
23,526
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Radiant

That's probably going to be my only vote this week. I watched Boogiepop, and it was quite pretty, but.. no.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Wait @Sky is Today's Menu for the Emiya Family eligible. I know it's a bizarre "episodes come out completely randomly" kind of show but an episode did come out this week and it was good.
 

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Dec 7, 2010
Messages
31,967
Reaction score
23,756
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Radiant

That's probably going to be my only vote this week. I watched Boogiepop, and it was quite pretty, but.. no.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Wait @Sky is Today's Menu for the Emiya Family eligible. I know it's a bizarre "episodes come out completely randomly" kind of show but an episode did come out this week and it was good.
That was an ONA. As written in the rules, not eligible.
Even if it weren't, it wouldn't meet the minimum episodes per season requirement.
Radiant is a special case here, as it only has 8 episodes this season.
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,855
Reaction score
23,526
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
That was an ONA. As written in the rules, not eligible.
Even if it weren't, it wouldn't meet the minimum episodes per season requirement.
Radiant is a special case here, as it only has 8 episodes this season.
The people in charge of when, how, and in what numbers anime episodes come out just love to make your life difficult don't they?:amuse
 

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Dec 7, 2010
Messages
31,967
Reaction score
23,756
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
The people in charge of when, how, and in what numbers anime episodes come out just love to make your life difficult don't they?:amuse
It's as if they know what we are doing here and try to trigger me intentionally.
Boogiebop apparently has 18 episodes, so. Fuck them.
 

Wowzers

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 1, 2008
Messages
6,509
Reaction score
5,523
Gender
Male
Country
Canada

--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
This week's picks!

Boogiepop wa Warawanai -ep01- This is only getting one vote from me. It's not bad. Hope it keeps it up.
Sword Art Online: Alicization -ep13- God mode is not a cheat code in this 'game' :D
Egao no Daika -ep01- Kinda childish, but not bad

Lord El-Melloi II-sei no Jikenbo -ep00- Just a special, but episode 0 for a future series that looks good.
Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari -pre-air of episode 1- Can't vote for a pre-air but… January 9th here we come!

These are insta-drops

Mayonaka no Yoitore Danshi - total waste of time… complete trash. Even fujoshi wouldn't like this. There's a reason I mentioned that genre … hint hint
W'z - This is a sequel to Handshakers… a show I dropped winter 2017
Mini Toji - superdeformed version of Toji no Miko . Another show I dropped.

I've just finished bingeing the first season of Mob Psycho 100… it was so good! Ready for season 2!
 

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2015
Messages
16,366
Reaction score
25,476
Age
31
Gender
Male
Country
India

--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
This week's picks!

Boogiepop wa Warawanai -ep01- This is only getting one vote from me. It's not bad. Hope it keeps it up.
Sword Art Online: Alicization -ep13- God mode is not a cheat code in this 'game' :D
Egao no Daika -ep01- Kinda childish, but not bad

Lord El-Melloi II-sei no Jikenbo -ep00- Just a special, but episode 0 for a future series that looks good.
Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari -pre-air of episode 1- Can't vote for a pre-air but… January 9th here we come!

These are insta-drops

Mayonaka no Yoitore Danshi - total waste of time… complete trash. Even fujoshi wouldn't like this. There's a reason I mentioned that genre … hint hint
W'z - This is a sequel to Handshakers… a show I dropped winter 2017
Mini Toji - superdeformed version of Toji no Miko . Another show I dropped.

I've just finished bingeing the first season of Mob Psycho 100… it was so good! Ready for season 2!
Did you see the second episode?It's actually better.
--- Double Post Merged, ---
So I nominate

Boogiepop Episode 1
Boogiepop Episode 2

For now may change it something later.
Not much choice so I will go with the only one which I saw (and completed in this week)

Really wanted to nominate Tate no Yuusha but yeah next week then.

So my third nomination

SAO
 

Wowzers

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 1, 2008
Messages
6,509
Reaction score
5,523
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Did you see the second episode?It's actually better.
Yup! I saw both. I'm actually treating them both as a single episode, kind of like Tate no Yuusha has a long first episode (that we can't vote for...yet)

I didn't feel it warranted 2 votes.
 

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2015
Messages
16,366
Reaction score
25,476
Age
31
Gender
Male
Country
India
Yup! I saw both. I'm actually treating them both as a single episode, kind of like Tate no Yuusha has a long first episode (that we can't vote for...yet)

I didn't feel it warranted 2 votes.
I guess if you put it like that

I wonder if next episodes will be good enough to vote in the AL,I am hoping it will be good after all this LN started the LN trend in Japan and I heard a rumor that Monogatari author was influenced by this Novel so let's see.
 

Wowzers

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 1, 2008
Messages
6,509
Reaction score
5,523
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
I wonder if next episodes will be good enough to vote in the AL,I am hoping it will be good after all this LN started the LN trend in Japan and I heard a rumor that Monogatari author was influenced by this Novel so let's see.
I'm hoping the future episodes are good. I wouldn't be surprised if the Monogatari author was influenced by this series... it kind of feels right up their alley.
 

Eternal Dragon Of ChaOZ

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
May 5, 2016
Messages
332
Reaction score
738
Country
Australia
I like the look of a lot of things this season, it's looks exciting.

BanG Dream! 2nd Season

Boogiepop wa Warawanai

Circlet Princes

Date a Live III

Egao no Daika

Girly Air Force

Gotoubou no Hanayome

Grimms Notes The Animation

Kakegurui

Mahou Shoujo Tokushusen Asuka

Manaria Friends

Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari

Watashi ni Tenshi ga Maiorita

Tenshi shitara Slime Datta Ken continuation

Sword Art Online Alicization continuation

Yu-Gi-Oh! VRAINS continuation

Zoids Wils continuation

My picks for this week

Sword Art Online Alicization
Awe, after all these years all she wanted was a huge, should have went outside and held out one of those free hugs signs.

Her backstory is interesting though, being a regular child and then in an instant she basically becomes the most powerful person in the world wielding all that authority thanks to Quinella.

Yay only another 100 floors lol, Aincrad all over again, Kirito's face told us exactly what he thought of going through all that again.

Ah excellent, they now have a way to save Alice, I can tell it won't be that easy to get her with one of those knives though, I'm sure she is very powerful by now, it will definitely take some effort.

At least they can know enhance their own weapons once they get them back, looks like that red knight from the previous episode will be in their way first, looking forward to the upcoming fights.

BanG Dream!
Shuwa Shuwa Shuwarin Dreaming, Pastel Life was a lot of fun to watch. So was Girls Band Pico.

Haha love Arisa's reaction to Kasumi.

Yeah not sure what Rinko was thinking becoming the president when she is such a shy and nervous person, at least Sayo is there.

That other school will definitely boppin' with Hina as their president, always found it funny how Sayo & Hina go to different schools even though they are twins.

We got to see all 5 main bands perform in the 1st episode, that is awesome.

Roselia is my favourite band out of them all, love their music and bought their Anfang CD.

BLACK SHOUT is the song they had a quick demo of to end the show for those who didn't know.

Boogiepop wa Warawanai Episode 2
Didn't realize this show is from 2000, I will probably go and watch the original version at some point.

I was very confused as to what was going on after the 1st episodes but now things make a lot more sense after watching the 2nd.

I am quite into this, I like the mystery and drama and I am very interested to see what happens next.
 

Spirit

Friend
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 4, 2016
Messages
8,110
Reaction score
13,059
Age
27
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
My picks for week 1:

Sword Art Online Alicization - This game is so much more broken than the others and I love it. Overall I'm really enjoying the plot of this season after the travesty that was Gun Gale...

Boogiepop - I think I first watched the original series when I was 7. This is a punch in the face of nostalgia. Wow.
 

Gajeel

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 18, 2016
Messages
622
Reaction score
5,598
Gender
Female
Country
Romania
Boogiepop
Boogiepop
SAO
 

Asako

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2018
Messages
2,062
Reaction score
15,308
Gender
Female
Country
Tunisia
Top