Showdown - Anime Showdown - #13 Best Parent | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Showdown Anime Showdown - #13 Best Parent

Best Parent: Final

• Hughes Maes (Fullmetal Alchemist)

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • Daikichi Kawachi (Usagi Drop)

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Bellmere (One Piece)

Votes: 4 21.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hakuteiken

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Casterly Rock

Anime Showdown!
Where Characters And Whole Shows Battle For Ultimate Glory

Welcome to the 13th edition of the Anime Showdown. This is where your beloved animated characters will fight for the ultimate glory... No matter how unique, strong, cute or beautiful... Everyone is the same in front of your eyes!

Let's start the 13th showdown. The Best Parent edition!

With their strong love towards their children, we all know how touching the story of a parent can be. But as in all other things, there are less exemplary, yet more realistic parental care examples, as well.

Now, which will be your favourite? Share your favourite anime parent with us and show your appreciation of them to MangaHelpers family!

Here are the nomination rules:

- Any member of MangaHelpers can nominate one anime parent for this showdown by posting in this thread and explaining why said parent should participate in the showdown. Please add pictures or videos to further support your nomination!

- The nomination period will close once a fixed amount of time has passed. The showdown will then begin right away.

The voting rules:

- You can only vote for 1 character, so choose wisely.

- The voting will be done by voting in a poll.

- We’ll have 2 rounds, the first round will last 72 hours, so the voting period will be of 72 hours and the final round will last 72 hour too.

- If the amount of nominations reaches a certain number, we will divide them into groups. Each group will have its own voting period.

- Only the 3 characters with the most votes will make it to the final round until finally one will be crowned as the absolute winner of the showdown. In case of a tie, we’ll have another round to break the tie. [Also applies to the group stage.]

- If only 3 characters are nominated after the nomination period has passed, we will start with the final round right away.

- As soon as the first round has ended, it will be closed. After that I will reveal / count the votes and then I'll start the final round with the characters that have proceeded.

- You’re more than welcome to discuss the characters and what makes them unique, thus participating in the showdown more actively.

-Please don’t bash the character a member nominates nor bash the person who nominates him/her. This is for fun! <3~

- And please remember, the forum rules also apply to this thread.

- Rules will be edited as necessary.

End of the Nomination period: May 12, 10pm CET.

Nii

First Shield
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I nominate Hana (Ookami Kodomo no Ame to Yuki)

You couldn't really ask for a better mother.

Leaving your home for some faraway rural place to raise your half wolf/half human children. She lost the one she loved and yet she still had the courage and will to leave everything behind and start a new life, so that her two children can grow up properly. She's accepting everything about them and never falters besides all the difficulties. For me there's no other anime with such a loving and caring mother ;___;

Notice me Escanor senpai

Reaction score
Country
Morocco
I nominate Edward Newgate, aka Whitebeard(One Piece)

He may not be the biological father of his numerous sons, but he's their father all the same. Even after getting stabbed by Squardo he didn't renounce him.And he waged a war to get one of his sons back.

Oyaji :crying

Hakuteiken

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Casterly Rock
Daikichi is not a parent, but maybe we can allow him to participate since he's Rin's guardian. I'm not so sure myself, to be frank.

---------- Post added at 12:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:10 PM ----------

Never mind, ladylola's nomination also seems to be along that line, so, l don't think there should be any problems with this one, either.

Notice me Escanor senpai

Reaction score
Country
Morocco
Daikichi is not a parent, but maybe we can allow him to participate since he's Rin's guardian. I'm not so sure myself, to be frank.

---------- Post added at 12:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:10 PM ----------

Never mind, ladylola's nomination also seems to be along that line, so, l don't think there should be any problems with this one, either.
If we're going to follow the strict and traditional definition of a parent, as in the biological parent, then no WB isn't one. I explained why I think he counts as one, he loves his sons, and they see him as a father, the only father they would have prolly known. Even Ace despises his real father, and only thinks of WB as one.It goes without saying that just like in real world being the biological parent doesn't guarantee that you'd make a good parent. In fact they often end up being shitty, and people usually see the person who raises them and nurtures them with their love as their true parent.
If adoptive fathers or father figures aren't ok then by all means feel free to remove my nomination.

YumaKuga

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire
I nominate Fujitaka from Tsubasa:

Last edited:

Hakuteiken

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Casterly Rock
If we're going to follow the strict and traditional definition of a parent, as in the biological parent, then no WB isn't one. I explained why I think he counts as one, he loves his sons, and they see him as a father, the only father they would have prolly known. Even Ace despises his real father, and only thinks of WB as one.It goes without saying that just like in real world being the biological parent doesn't guarantee that you'd make a good parent. In fact they often end up being shitty, and people usually see the person who raises them and nurtures them with their love as their true parent.
If adoptive fathers or father figures aren't ok then by all means feel free to remove my nomination.
Personally, I have no problems with the way we have gone so far. Other members seem to have reacted positively, as well, so, I don't think I'll disallow nominations for non-biological parents after this stage (=

Claymore1

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Well if the parent doesn't have to be biological, then I nominate Igneel from Fairy Tail.
Sure, he's a dragon, but he is still Natsu's dad. He only disappeared to help Natsu to not become a dragon from his dragon slayer magic.

ProGoddess

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Water Tribe
I would nominate Bellmere from One Piece, mother of Nami and Nojiko. She was more than a mother who loved her children unconditionally to the extend of sacrificing her life for them. It was so sad that she was killed by Arlong. Before she died, she told the girls "I love you."

I would include Genzo in Bellmere's parenting if it's allowed, as this gentleman plays an important role and is a part of Nami and Nojiko's life. He is like a father figure to the two girls.

Sometimes, an adoptive parent may even be a better parent than the biological one.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hakuteiken

Mangahelper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Casterly Rock
^ Megami-sama, we are allowing one nomination per member, so, I'm assuming it's going to be Bellmere in your case (=

Leoat12

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
I nominate Ren Gyokuen from Magi. She is the perfect example of a mom that loves her children especially Hakuryuu~~

I nominate Esra from Sinbad no Bouken

Coming from you, I really believed that you were nominating her before seeing the nomination in the spoiler. :lmao

The Subject

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Germany
I nominate Igneel from Fairy Tail

ProGoddess

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Water Tribe