Showdown Anime Showdown - #13 Best Parent

Best Parent: Final

  • Hughes Maes (Fullmetal Alchemist)

    Votes: 10 52.6%
  • Daikichi Kawachi (Usagi Drop)

    Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Bellmere (One Piece)

    Votes: 4 21.1%

  • Total voters
    19
  • Poll closed .

Hakuteiken

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 20, 2012
Messages
19,995
Reaction score
6,626
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
This one was already nominated. Please choose someone else. :)
I suspected that was the case, re-read the whole thing and still missed it.. Thanks :XD
 

AlphaIkaros

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 30, 2012
Messages
1,876
Reaction score
886
Gender
Hidden
Country
Philippines
I nominate Ren Gyokuen from Magi. She is the perfect example of a mom that loves her children especially Hakuryuu~~


I nominate Esra from Sinbad no Bouken





I nominate Ragyô Kiryûin from Kill la Kill

THESE :cookiehand I was actually looking for these OMG
If it comes down to this, then might as well nominate this @sstard:
:derp
GENDO IKARI from Evangelion

I would rather nominate either Solomon/David, but since they are not yet known by the anime world, I'll just keep my hopes for them *sniff*
 

Purity of Magi

The Witch of Miracles
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 28, 2014
Messages
2,586
Reaction score
19,408
Gender
Male
Country
England
@Leo and Alpha, Ksesesese~ Ah screw it. I changed my mind. I change my nomination this time for real to Ren Gyokuen from Magi. ALL HAIL THE EMPRESS!



 
Last edited:

Sky

Otaku Overlord
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Joined
Dec 7, 2010
Messages
31,967
Reaction score
23,755
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
So many to choose from

Maes Hues
Portgas D. Rogue
Whitebeard
Gaara's Mom
Kurosaki Isshin
Trisha Elric and Van Hohenheim


But I will nominate
Uzumaki Kushina and Namizake Minato
While I personally like that, only one character is allowed. Please choose one of those. :)

---------- Post added at 10:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:47 PM ----------

Almost forgot:

I nominate Irisviel von Einzbern from Fate/Kaleid.

 

Hakuteiken

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 20, 2012
Messages
19,995
Reaction score
6,626
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
We are now done with the nomination phase.

Make sure to give support to nominations through the voting phase, which is live from this point on!
 

YumaKuga

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 5, 2015
Messages
1,319
Reaction score
881
Age
28
Gender
Male
Country
Galactic Empire
I dont care who wins, I love 'em all!

---------- Post added at 03:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:20 PM ----------

But saying that Gendo Ikari's a good Fathers a stretch, lawl.
 

AlphaIkaros

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 30, 2012
Messages
1,876
Reaction score
886
Gender
Hidden
Country
Philippines
Gyokuen and Ragyo... It's so hard to choose!!
 

Hakuteiken

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 20, 2012
Messages
19,995
Reaction score
6,626
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
We could've nominated Charles i Britannia as well.
You read my mind, eh? I was going to nominate him if I nominated someone xD
 

Wowzers

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 1, 2008
Messages
6,509
Reaction score
5,523
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
:scry
Just realized almost all of these candidates for Best Parent are deceased.
 

Notice me Escanor senpai

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2008
Messages
12,424
Reaction score
4,560
Gender
Female
Country
Morocco
:scry
Just realized almost all of these candidates for Best Parent are deceased.
A lot of them don't really qualify as best parent, if anything they're the worst parent ever...unless it should be taken in a twisted way.

Yeah it's like being a good parent is a curse or something. Oyajiiii :scry
 

Erinyes

Savage Huntress
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 20, 2012
Messages
6,522
Reaction score
61,085
Gender
Female
Country
The Wall
Hughes is definitely to my opinion the best qualified. He his just an ordinary guy (handsome to me^^, no bishonen look, crazy hair color..., thxs god :teehee), no specific power, Iq or anything, except he is an incredibly kind guy, a great friend, and a nice father & husband, well that's definitely the kind of loving father I would expect for my children. :^_^

But, then came episode 10.

Beware, please don't open spoiler tags if you haven't seen the anime (which, btw, is a sacrilege :hmph).
:pout
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Notice me Escanor senpai

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2008
Messages
12,424
Reaction score
4,560
Gender
Female
Country
Morocco
Hughes is definitely to my opinion the best qualified. He his just an ordinary guy (handsome to me^^, no bishonen look, crazy hair color..., thxs god :teehee), no specific power, Iq or anything, except he is an incredibly kind guy, a great friend, and a nice father & husband, well that's definitely the kind of loving father I would expect for my children. :^_^

But, then came episode 10.

Beware, please don't open spoiler tags if you haven't seen the anime (which, btw, is a sacrilege :hmph).
:pout
Hughes is my second favorite, after WB, and yeah his death was a huge WTF moment in the anime/manga.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Leoat12

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
May 30, 2012
Messages
13,583
Reaction score
3,219
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
A lot of them don't really qualify as best parent, if anything they're the worst parent ever...unless it should be taken in a twisted way.

Yeah it's like being a good parent is a curse or something. Oyajiiii :scry
Only truths in the bold part. I didn't say anything because I'm already seen as troublesome guy, so...
 

Philia

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2013
Messages
2,423
Reaction score
2,464
Gender
Male
Country
Joker
You read my mind, eh? I was going to nominate him if I nominated someone xD
He deserved a nomination :arf

For me Hana is the best mother ever. I was going to nominate her but Nii-chan did it before me.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Nii

Notice me Escanor senpai

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2008
Messages
12,424
Reaction score
4,560
Gender
Female
Country
Morocco
Now that I think about it Wahid from Magi deserves a nomination, same as Badr. Well at least there's Esra.

EDIT: Nope forgot that Lovemagi changed his mind.
 

Hakuteiken

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 20, 2012
Messages
19,995
Reaction score
6,626
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Casterly Rock
Final round is underway! Feel free to be a fanboy from this point on. You don't have to hold back~
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I didn't know you can nominate a parent figure, otherwise i would have nominated Yoshida Shouyou. Too late :-_-
Well you could've always tried like other, there was no rule which said anything against it ;) but I agree, Shouyou would've deserved a nomination! :nod
 
Top