Annie vs Mikasa | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Annie vs Mikasa

Who won the fight?

• Annie

Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Mikasa

Votes: 14 53.8%
  • Draw/Interrupted

Votes: 6 23.1%

• Total voters

Fayte

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I was disappointed that they didn't show who won this fight, because it would have been awesome. Just in case they eventually do, who do you think won?

Demonspeed

Clone Magic Expert
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
I think it has been interrupted but I am pretty sure Annie would win:mono.

teioh

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy

Utsune

風立ちぬ いざ生きめやも
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
My take on this:
Agility - M>A
Strength - M>A
Speed - M>A (slightly above)
Technique (CQC) - A>M
Technique (swords+gear) - M>A
Annie with transformation - A>M (obviously)

Of course, I have little to no basis for these lol.

Onto slightly more fan-theory-based ideas:

Mikasa has that 'unpredictable' nature in her style, not the best word choice, perhaps 'creativeness' and 'flexibility' would contribute to the description.
Annie gives off the image as if she already knows what exact to do given 1000 different scenarios. To be honest, basing only on these, I think it would be really close.

Not too sure the implication (if any) of Eren doing flashback specifically at that point in time (when getting beaten up by Braun.)

Not too sure the implication (if any) of Eren executing one of Annie's moves after that flashback. I have a slight feeling Mikasa quickly caught up to Annie and sharingan'ed her move, just as Eren has plagiarized the move right on the spot with Braun (and Armin specifically mentioning this.)

Mikasa was No.1, Annie No.4. I know there are many factors that decide their ranking. But if Annie had won cleanly back then, the placement would definitely have been fussed about by the other dudes.

Finally, Mikasa said something like "I'm stronger than all of you by far" during the 'replenish gas mission' (before Eren transformed.) Annie was present in that big group of people.

In conclusion, I think Mikasa won (if they actually fought it out.) If Annie had won, I really want to think she only won by a breadth of hair. Chances are, they got interrupted lol, but this might not be a meaningful conclusion to explain why Eren pulls off Annie's move just now.

Last edited:

Zasz

Bishoujo Collector
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
I'd say Mikasa, but also Annie is strong as hell. :gwah

Fayte

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I voted Mikasa as well. She has been shown to be good at everything, because she is a prodigy. Annie is shown as arguably the best at hand-to-hand combat, plus she has no weaknesses. This would be a great fight, but I think there is a reason why Mikasa has so much emphasis in the story, and why she became #1. She is just a beast.

GoroF

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
St Helena
Well, if it was an aerial fight with 3D maneuver gears then Mikasa would win for sure
but since it was a hand to hand fight I have to give it to Annie
Anyway it would be the fight of the generation xP

Yumpo

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
You know, if Isayama isn't going to show who won, I'm pretty sure you could predict it when the series ends. XDD If Titans win, it's Annie's win. If Humans win, it's Mikasa's. If no one survives, it's a draw. If the situation remains unchanged, the instructor interrupted them. XDDDDDDDDDD (WTH am I even thinking? Symbolism and all that stuffs....XDD)

I'm much more curious who Eren chose. Though I'm pretty sure Reiner chose Mikasa. You know, dissociative episodes and thinking he's human stuff. Plus he seems to dislike Annie too.

ImmortalZodd

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Croatia
You know, if Isayama isn't going to show who won
He didn't show it yet, but since he already set up the fight, it only feels natural that he will reveal the result to us eventually.

My take on this:
Agility - M>A
Strength - M>A
Speed - M>A (slightly above)
Technique (CQC) - A>M
Technique (swords+gear) - M>A
Annie with transformation - A>M (obviously)
Why do you think that Mikasa has greater strength than Annie?
While Mikasa has shown some great feats of strenght, I still belive it mostly comes from her ability to fully utilize her body given her seemingly infinite natural talent. Besides, she never had any training before joining the military. On the other hand, Annie was trained in mixed martial arts, like Muay Thai and Brazilian Jiu Jitsu since she was just a kid, and it's only natural to think that in terms of raw physical strenght, she would have the upper hand, no?

And yeah, I think Annie would win if fight went to the ground. Given the nature of grappling, Annie should have a pretty big advantage given her skills and Mikasa's unexperience, despite Mikasa's pure talent.

Utsune

風立ちぬ いざ生きめやも
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
He didn't show it yet, but since he already set up the fight, it only feels natural that he will reveal the result to us eventually.

Why do you think that Mikasa has greater strength than Annie?
While Mikasa has shown some great feats of strenght, I still belive it mostly comes from her ability to fully utilize her body given her seemingly infinite natural talent. Besides, she never had any training before joining the military. On the other hand, Annie was trained in mixed martial arts, like Muay Thai and Brazilian Jiu Jitsu since she was just a kid, and it's only natural to think that in terms of raw physical strenght, she would have the upper hand, no?

And yeah, I think Annie would win if fight went to the ground. Given the nature of grappling, Annie should have a pretty big advantage given her skills and Mikasa's unexperience, despite Mikasa's pure talent.
Hmm I based the 'strength' on raw power alone in my previous post, it's just a rough estimate.

For a start, Mikasa has the size advantage (which means longer reach and larger steps,) and she has the strength to throw Eren around or carry him like nothing (I really doubt her throwing Eren against the wall as kids is just a gag on Isayama's part,) something that technique cannot compensate.

Annie with many more hours of training under her belt should definitely not be underestimated, but the ONE thing that overrides all my other reasonings is Mikasa's adaptability, complimented by her mind and natural senses. What I mean is, she is capable of a one-stab-kill through the heart of an adult taller than her, supported by good stance and footwork. (If it were me in her situation, I would have just charged blindly without a 'proper solid' run-up.) Whether she knows it back then or not (i.e. she just 'feels' the right technique,) the scary thing is, she can perfectly execute the whole move.

Together with a bit of training during her cadet years, Mikasa can go a long long way. If she could balance herself without the slightest effort on the wires (even without prior martial arts training,) then I'm sure she would have easily taken away the fundamentals from her CQC sessions and apply them in her own way.

In fact, now that I look at my own post again with a refreshed outlook, please scrap the rankings lol. But I must say again, Mikasa's adaptability is the most fearsome weapon under her disposal. And if she comes out top of the class in pen and paper, then she most likely has the intelligence to fully exploit this adaptability of hers to suit her immediate needs. I'd say as long as Mikasa is careful with joint locks, she would always have the advantage.

However, I do agree that going to the ground means victory for Annie. Just because Mikasa probably has no experience in all those unpredictably creative wrestling techniques, but getting Mikasa on the ground is one big problem lol.

As an aside, I think Yumpo's idea is very interesting. Funny thing is, Eren did kinda hesitate when he was asked who he would choose lol. And I agree Reiner could have gone for Mikasa, although I think Annie dislikes Reiner more than he dislikes her lol XD