He didn't show it yet, but since he already set up the fight, it only feels natural that he will reveal the result to us eventually.
Why do you think that Mikasa has greater strength than Annie?
While Mikasa has shown some great feats of strenght, I still belive it mostly comes from her ability to fully utilize her body given her seemingly infinite natural talent. Besides, she never had any training before joining the military. On the other hand, Annie was trained in mixed martial arts, like Muay Thai and Brazilian Jiu Jitsu since she was just a kid, and it's only natural to think that in terms of raw physical strenght, she would have the upper hand, no?
And yeah, I think Annie would win if fight went to the ground. Given the nature of grappling, Annie should have a pretty big advantage given her skills and Mikasa's unexperience, despite Mikasa's pure talent.
Hmm I based the 'strength' on raw power alone in my previous post, it's just a rough estimate.
For a start, Mikasa has the size advantage (which means longer reach and larger steps,) and she has the strength to throw Eren around or carry him like nothing (I really doubt her throwing Eren against the wall as kids is just a gag on Isayama's part,) something that technique cannot compensate.
Annie with many more hours of training under her belt should definitely not be underestimated, but the ONE thing that overrides all my other reasonings is Mikasa's adaptability, complimented by her mind and natural senses. What I mean is, she is capable of a one-stab-kill through the heart of an adult taller than her, supported by good stance and footwork. (If it were me in her situation, I would have just charged blindly without a 'proper solid' run-up.) Whether she knows it back then or not (i.e. she just 'feels' the right technique,) the scary thing is, she can perfectly execute the whole move.
Together with a bit of training during her cadet years, Mikasa can go a long long way. If she could balance herself without the slightest effort on the wires (even without prior martial arts training,) then I'm sure she would have easily taken away the fundamentals from her CQC sessions and apply them in her own way.
In fact, now that I look at my own post again with a refreshed outlook, please scrap the rankings lol. But I must say again, Mikasa's adaptability is the most fearsome weapon under her disposal. And if she comes out top of the class in pen and paper, then she most likely has the intelligence to fully exploit this adaptability of hers to suit her immediate needs. I'd say as long as Mikasa is careful with joint locks, she would always have the advantage.
However, I do agree that going to the ground means victory for Annie. Just because Mikasa probably has no experience in all those unpredictably creative wrestling techniques, but getting Mikasa on the ground is one big problem lol.
As an aside, I think Yumpo's idea is very interesting. Funny thing is, Eren did kinda hesitate when he was asked who he would choose lol. And I agree Reiner could have gone for Mikasa, although I think Annie dislikes Reiner more than he dislikes her lol XD