Shounen - Arago by Arai Takahiro | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Shounen Arago by Arai Takahiro

~†Ale†~

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy
[koen]Hijacking the thread for info[/koen]

AR∀GO by Arai Takahiro
Use this link to search for raws, translations and Edited Mangas easily!
Series begins in WSS 2009 #04-05 (release date 23 december 2009)

About the series:
Twin brother's Arago and Ewan were left orphaned at a young age when their parents were slaughtered by a cruel murderer. The younger brother Arago who burns for revenge, and the older brother Ewan who became a police officer cross paths once again. The bowery district of London will once again be stained with blood....!! ka-POW. by lucifell

About the Author:
Mangaka of Darren Shan, his previous work in Weekly Shounen Sunday

<hr noshade size="1">

A new Manga of Shonen Sunday!

I posted the RAW of the first chapter.
The manga looks very promising and interesting.
In my opinion, it could become a wonderful Manga! XD

I hope it will translate^^

[RTS]

Last edited by a moderator:

Drmke

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
Re: [NEW] Arago by Arai Takahiro

It looks good. I can't wait till its translated so I can see if it lives up to my hopes :tem

~†Ale†~

Reaction score
Country
Italy

It looks good. I can't wait till its translated so I can see if it lives up to my hopes :tem
Me, too!
I want to do an italian version, so I need a translation. XD

Last edited:

Drmke

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Palestine
Chapter 1 is out by Simple Scans http://mangahelpers.com/s/simple-scans/details/67487

Hurry go download it!!!

Pretty good series. First chapter definitely moved very fast.

I'm wondering if Patchman will come back. He seems like a major villain and not just some first chapter bad guy. Plus, they never explain his power :blink

Looking forward to chapter 2 :tem

Last edited:

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi

Chapter 1 was pretty good. There is potential. Patchman is a worthwhile villain, assuming he returns. Arago is a solid shonen hero. Definitely more adult than the average weekly shonen series. The art was good, the plot was solid. I will definitely continue reading.

Akiyama

Reaction score
Country
United States

Very action packed, fast paced 1st chapter. I would have liked to see more personality from the two brothers. They seem to be the boring type, nothing really special. Patchman on the other hand is a good villain in my eyes. Gives off that creepiness vibe and I want to see how deformed his body is. I would describe Arago between a mix of Chad from Bleach and Natsu from Fairy Tail. I want to know more about him. I enjoyed the ending, I will continue reading in hopes it gets better.

Koen

Celestial Belgian
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Belgium

Same over here, it's the manga that started pretty good and which asks for more. I, on the contrary, hope that patchman is gone for good. I believe he was that hurdle to set up an adventure for Arago. His hand seems to have an enormous power that can suck up energy or something else (going by the last scene with the flower).

I am not keen on the art but that happens a lot. I mostly adapt to it and start to appreciate it later on

I look foward to more

Kaiten

Harasho
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi

The only thing I don't like about the art is how he draws hair. Reminds me to much of Getbackers :p
My fear is that if there is no Patchman, no ultimate villain, this could become Conan with magic powers - a never ending loop of episodic, short arc mysteries. An over reaching story - Arago seeking revenge, Patchman seeking a new body - would give the series a nice framework. Not that I am bound to Patchman, just something that keeps this from being a mystery of the week type series. If there is no main villain, One Piece style long arcs would work well too.

Koen

Celestial Belgian
Reaction score
Country
Belgium

The only thing I don't like about the art is how he draws hair. Reminds me to much of Getbackers :p
My fear is that if there is no Patchman, no ultimate villain, this could become Conan with magic powers - a never ending loop of episodic, short arc mysteries. An over reaching story - Arago seeking revenge, Patchman seeking a new body - would give the series a nice framework. Not that I am bound to Patchman, just something that keeps this from being a mystery of the week type series. If there is no main villain, One Piece style long arcs would work well too.
Well overthinking the whole thing, I have to agree with you

Patchman prolly has his reasons to hunt down arago and some things about him weren't explained. Yeah, you're probably right, maybe he'll show up later on because he has his issues with arago for some reason.

I hope we'll get some explanation later on about arago's power/arm. I'd like to know more about it.

Kaiten

Harasho
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi

It doesn't have to be Patchman, he's just the most obvious, but anything to give the story more coherence than "policeman with super powers". I happened to have liked the art for Patchman, the main reason I'd like to see him come back. At least for the time being I would not mind if an overarching plot moves to the background so that the focus can be on established Arago's personality and story setting a bit. Considering that Takahiro did not write his first serialization I'm curious how good he is.

~†Ale†~

Reaction score
Country
Italy

Wow! This Manga is WON-DER-FUL!
Fantastic, amazing!!!
I really like the plot, the story and characters.
Arago with the police uniform is too cool! XD Also his power is extraordinary! XD
Congratulations, Arai Takahiro, nice Manga! XD
For the second chapter unfortunately we should wait until 6 January, but that day I will post immediately the RAW. XD

Drmke

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Palestine

My fear is that if there is no Patchman, no ultimate villain, this could become Conan with magic powers - a never ending loop of episodic, short arc mysteries.
Surely it won't go the way of Conan. Sunday already has one never ending detective manga, they don't need another one -_-;

~†Ale†~

Reaction score
Country
Italy

RAW of chapter 2 is out: Here.
I await translation. XD
The break of two weeks there hasn't been, and probably there will not even next week, even though RAW paradise says yes.

Drmke

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Palestine

Raws for the big shonen magazines seem to be coming out a week early, but that just means that the week break for us comes next week.

Galactic Tomahawk

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada

Great first chapter, I'm liking the whole Super Police VS Urban Legend angle and I really hope that continues.

Crude

Reaction score
Country
Portugal

Great start for a new series! Patchman was definitely creepy...

Drmke

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Palestine

Chapter 2 is up by Simple Scans.

Very nice chapter. So apparently there are some evil things out there that could be quite powerful. I wonder if any of them rival Patchman's strength? I hope Arago manages to keep his power under control so he doesn't accidentally end up becoming another Patchman, that would terrible on him. But at least he is in the CID, at least for now.

Last edited:

Akiyama

Reaction score
Country
United States

This chapter was 10 times better than #1. The plot is developing and we have a greater understand of Arago's power. I'm interested in why the girl was able to see the monster. It could be her young age, genes or some type of life experience that changed her. I hope we see more explanation of that rather than random people with the ability to see the paranormal. I am going to be picky with the mangaka. Transitioning from page 21 - 22 you can obviously see the glove disappear since you can see his fingers on both hands. I would normally let this go but his hand is supposed to be covered up since it can hurt people. As an example it gave the girl a burn mark on page 12. The glove reappears but doesn't get shaded in until page 25. The author has been working really hard with 100+ pages so it's understandable he missed a few details. Arago's new ability kinda reminds me of clown belt from DGM, he is almost an exorcist taking the soul out of the girl and everything. xP

Koen

Celestial Belgian
Reaction score
Country
Belgium

I agree with you. This chapter had a decent pace and didn't feel rushed as its first chapter. We had at least some information about the souls he can see and he can extract. I wonder which more enemies will come into this story later one because it seems that arago's power is truly something huge they want

Galactic Tomahawk

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada

I thought it was still a bit rushed in the first half, but still a huge step from the first chapter's pacing (which was the only real issue I had with it).

Great chapter though, again I really like the direction the plot's taking.