arialph attempts basic cleaning challenge #001! | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

arialph attempts basic cleaning challenge #001!

Vato Loco!

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Can't see the picture.

yoniekai

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
looks great. i cant find any other major flaw except the borders. they're too thick. usually HQ scans use 2 px thick borders (no anti-aliasing). the polygonal lasso tool is the best for the job.

Vato Loco!

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Ok, first your borders. They need to be completely re-done following this tutorial. No buts, just follow it. Secondly, your whites are extremely dirty where the trees are and there's still quite a bit of dust in the other whites as well. In every panel. Didn't really check your blacks but from what I can see with out going back into photoshop, they're good. You missed quite a bit of white lines, and there's some black and white lines that need to be stroked.

All of the red boxes are highlighting where there should be white lines, all the blue boxes highlight where a line either needs to be re-stroked, completed or connected.

Note: the blue boxes are for example, except the one that connects the white line. There are way more lines that need stroked than I pointed out. Really, any line that looks broken should be completed and re-stroked.