Discussion Art Contest Discussion Thread

nanaDmari

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2010
Messages
2,115
Reaction score
1,176
Gender
Female
Country
Brazil
Re: All-Purpose Art Contest Discussion Thread

So, we had just two entries this time around, but, as I said before, both were very creative... and we have ST-5648DES, the Sayajin-Gundam, as the winner!

Congratulations, Utsune!
:confetti​
 

riki

Storyteller
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2008
Messages
13,935
Reaction score
15,894
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: All-Purpose Art Contest Discussion Thread

Congrats, Utsune!
 

Charlie

SIGH-KO 🦄
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2009
Messages
14,757
Reaction score
26,048
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: All-Purpose Art Contest Discussion Thread

!!~~Grats Ustune~~~~~~~!
It was an interesting piece and I'm glad you decided to take part.
:confetti
 

mikkih

Translator/Moderator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2010
Messages
1,710
Reaction score
1,371
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: All-Purpose Art Contest Discussion Thread

Congrats Utsune. You are a great drawer!
Charlie, I loved the concept of your drawing - Tay Bot.
 

Beatrice

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 9, 2013
Messages
1,657
Reaction score
1,425
Age
35
Gender
Hidden
Country
Germany
Re: All-Purpose Art Contest Discussion Thread

First of all congrats Utsune.:^_^

Secondly, I so wanted to take part in the current one but GIMP does not seem to like me lately.:(
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,678
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
Re: All-Purpose Art Contest Discussion Thread

What's happening to your GIMP? ;-;
I remember I once used it to create an entry.. didn't go so well xD
 

Spectrum

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 21, 2008
Messages
5,575
Reaction score
599
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Re: All-Purpose Art Contest Discussion Thread

First of all, congrats Utsune! And Charlie, i loved you entry, so creative!


I absolutely hate GIMP... i can't do anything using it lol
 

HimuraMechniza

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jul 3, 2013
Messages
34
Reaction score
55
Gender
Female
Country
Russian Federation
Re: All-Purpose Art Contest Discussion Thread

Ah, pity that i missed the mecha-drawing competition! But instead of it i successfully finished manga chapter for Shonen Jump manga competition... :d
 

Beatrice

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 9, 2013
Messages
1,657
Reaction score
1,425
Age
35
Gender
Hidden
Country
Germany
Re: All-Purpose Art Contest Discussion Thread

What's happening to your GIMP? ;-;
Wish I knew.

Can't even do colorings anymore.
DId everything the same.
But either the multiply option won't work or the color changes.Instead of Skin Color it goes like very whitish purple.

It majorly lags.

There are moments when it suddenly refuses to respond to any tool.

And for some reason when I try to do anything with it, the image becomes bigger than a GB.

I'll see if Paint.net works though.
I admit I'm a beginner, but Gimp certainly allowed me to do stuff like:

Also did my company logo with it.Don't have it on it saved on this computer though.
 
Last edited:

Spectrum

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 21, 2008
Messages
5,575
Reaction score
599
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Re: All-Purpose Art Contest Discussion Thread

Wish I knew.

Can't even do colorings anymore.
DId everything the same.
But either the multiply option won't work or the color changes.Instead of Skin Color it goes like very whitish purple.

It majorly lags.

There are moments when it suddenly refuses to respond to any tool.

And for some reason when I try to do anything with it, the image becomes bigger than a GB.

I'll see if Paint.net works though.
I admit I'm a beginner, but Gimp certainly allowed me to do stuff like:

Also did my company logo with it.Don't have it on it saved on this computer though.
Oh, great work! i really can't do anything with GIMP ):

Haven't you tried to reinstall the program? Why don't you try Photoshop or Fireworks? i love both of them but i use PS more often.
 

Laurello

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Aug 10, 2013
Messages
42
Reaction score
27
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Re: All-Purpose Art Contest Discussion Thread

Need more participants for the fan art set
 

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,678
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
Re: All-Purpose Art Contest Discussion Thread

Oh... And since Gimp is a free software (code), it's harder to get help with it x.x Maybe some tech forums could help, Bea. I wish I could help you xD

Laurello, we might have only a few entries so far, but at least they all look great! This voting phase will be tough.
 

Beatrice

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 9, 2013
Messages
1,657
Reaction score
1,425
Age
35
Gender
Hidden
Country
Germany
Re: All-Purpose Art Contest Discussion Thread

Oh... And since Gimp is a free software (code), it's harder to get help with it x.x Maybe some tech forums could help, Bea. I wish I could help you xD

Laurello, we might have only a few entries so far, but at least they all look great! This voting phase will be tough.
It's grand Butterfree.I'll just use Paint.net for this.Thanks though.


Have an idea in mind.I'll see what I can do.
 

Utsune

風立ちぬ いざ生きめやも
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 12, 2012
Messages
2,922
Reaction score
2,560
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Re: All-Purpose Art Contest Discussion Thread

Oh'er missed the congrats messages, thank you everyone ^^

Was quite busy over the weeks but I'm glad I managed to make the thing in time for this contest.
Not very experienced in this, despite so I do enjoy making sigs/avis a lot.
And wow the entries are brilliant, this one's gonna be tough. :D
 

Spectrum

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 21, 2008
Messages
5,575
Reaction score
599
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Re: All-Purpose Art Contest Discussion Thread

Oh'er missed the congrats messages, thank you everyone ^^

Was quite busy over the weeks but I'm glad I managed to make the thing in time for this contest.
Not very experienced in this, despite so I do enjoy making sigs/avis a lot.
And wow the entries are brilliant, this one's gonna be tough. :D
your entry is amazing =D

btw, the loss in quality happens all the time, i guess it happens because the format changes to .gif... my entry lost its quality too =/
 
Last edited:

Farfalla

The Witch of Drama
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2008
Messages
15,210
Reaction score
47,678
Gender
Female
Country
Tuvalu
Re: All-Purpose Art Contest Discussion Thread

Guys, right click the image uploaded at MH gallery and pick "copy link/site url" instead of "copy img url" (I forgot how that's written in english xDDD). That should help^^
 

Spectrum

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 21, 2008
Messages
5,575
Reaction score
599
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Re: All-Purpose Art Contest Discussion Thread

Guys, right click the image uploaded at MH gallery and pick "copy link/site url" instead of "copy img url" (I forgot how that's written in english xDDD). That should help^^
It's waaaaaaay better!

Thanks, Far ^^
 

nanaDmari

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2010
Messages
2,115
Reaction score
1,176
Gender
Female
Country
Brazil
Re: All-Purpose Art Contest Discussion Thread

Using the download link as Far mentioned is a solution to the gallery preview... you can see the difference:
With the share options:


with the download link:


I'll update the links for you, guys...

I have to admit the gallery preview downsizes the images a bit... keeping the files rgb-8bit at 72ppi can prevent major downsizing... also, if anyone here is on mac, you can use image optim to have the smaller file as possible, which could help...

Too bad Gimp is misbehaving, Beatrice :T Hope you can get around it, Good luck :D

Other good software for those who have mac is pixelmator, it's not free, it's not photoshop, but for the price is a great tool...
 

Spectrum

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 21, 2008
Messages
5,575
Reaction score
599
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Re: All-Purpose Art Contest Discussion Thread

But i made the avatar in 300x300, when it was resized to 150x150 it became "cropped" (i really dunno how to express myself, even in portuguese lol). In short, the quality really decreased ):

---------- Post added October 13, 2013 at 12:00 AM ---------- Previous post was October 12, 2013 at 11:54 PM ----------

Thanks, Nana <3

I would make my set in 72ppi, but i forgot and i made with the PS's default setting (128ppi i guess, really can't remember now lol)
 

nanaDmari

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2010
Messages
2,115
Reaction score
1,176
Gender
Female
Country
Brazil
Re: All-Purpose Art Contest Discussion Thread

But i made the avatar in 300x300, when it was resized to 150x150 it became "cropped" (i really dunno how to express myself, even in portuguese lol). In short, the quality really decreased ):
You uploaded it at 300 x 300? or was that with the software?

Thanks, Nana <3
You were actually faster than me :P
 
Top