Help Wanted - Artist(s) wanted for "Lanky Breakdown" manga | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Help Wanted Artist(s) wanted for "Lanky Breakdown" manga

Strawman

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
Lanky Breakdown

Synopsis- Lanky, the titular character, is a recluse living off his trust fund in a mountainside cabin. He is an otaku who creates manga nearly constantly. He dreams of one day awakening a passion for manga all along America. But he's not that good.

The only people who actually talk to Lanky on a regular basis are the people who bring him supplies. They come in via helicopter on a weekly basis, as his cabin cannot be accessed by car. The story "Lanky Breakdown" starts when the suppliers hire a new employee, Sam.

Sam is a kind person that befriends Lanky almost immediately. Lanky shows Sam his manga and Sam can immediately realize what kind of person Lanky is through his art. The title refers to an “artist breakdown” in which the artist’s personal life has had clear effects on their art.

This is a slice of life manga. Sam and Lanky’s deepening friendship is the main focus of the story. In addition, the reader is treated to whatever manga series Lanky has decided to work on and show Sam. In this way the manga is a framed story.

Most issues will contain some of "Lanky's" work, whether it is a whole twenty pages or just the title page. This structure of manga is intended to provide a slow realistic story while allowing for the instant gratification of a battle manga or the quick laughs of a gag manga.

If your are interested in doing art for this, if your want to know more about it, or if you just want to give your opinion and ideas, please go ahead.

rinchan1412

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Lanky Breakdown

Synopsis- Lanky, the titular character, is a recluse living off his trust fund in a mountainside cabin. He is an otaku who creates manga nearly constantly. He dreams of one day awakening a passion for manga all along America. But he's not that good.

The only people who actually talk to Lanky on a regular basis are the people who bring him supplies. They come in via helicopter on a weekly basis, as his cabin cannot be accessed by car. The story "Lanky Breakdown" starts when the suppliers hire a new employee, Sam.

Sam is a kind person that befriends Lanky almost immediately. Lanky shows Sam his manga and Sam can immediately realize what kind of person Lanky is through his art. The title refers to an “artist breakdown” in which the artist’s personal life has had clear effects on their art.

This is a slice of life manga. Sam and Lanky’s deepening friendship is the main focus of the story. In addition, the reader is treated to whatever manga series Lanky has decided to work on and show Sam. In this way the manga is a framed story.

Most issues will contain some of "Lanky's" work, whether it is a whole twenty pages or just the title page. This structure of manga is intended to provide a slow realistic story while allowing for the instant gratification of a battle manga or the quick laughs of a gag manga.

If your are interested in doing art for this, if your want to know more about it, or if you just want to give your opinion and ideas, please go ahead.
i'm going to draw a manga for this story! i'll post it here once i'm done. great story!

i'm an anime otaku who likes drawing!

Strawman

Reaction score
Country
United States
Very cool. I'd all but forgotten about posting this idea, and I look forward to seeing what you come up with. Let me know if you want a script for it, or if you want to handle it all on your own.

nick113

Reaction score
Country
United States
tell me more i can help