Shounen Asklepios by Uchimizu Tohru

thiagojoe

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 1, 2007
Messages
1,035
Reaction score
55
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Any news on chapter 15??? Raw is out but i rather wait for a scan/trans...

Someone tell me that this series isn't going to end so soon.
Hope you arte right, Onomatopoeia.
 

ItzRayz

Manga Editor
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Nov 3, 2008
Messages
8
Reaction score
1
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
United States
The raws have indeed been out for a while. I'm just waiting on a translation before i finish up the scans.
 

fizban

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 30, 2006
Messages
543
Reaction score
80
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I feel awkward wondering if there will be a new chapter each week or if it will be dropped suddenly. At least we got a 16th chapter
 

thiagojoe

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 1, 2007
Messages
1,035
Reaction score
55
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
So far it has been going on... if only I could read japanese I would understand the texts, hehehe!!! Hope it does not end too soon.
 

Akainu

Magma♥
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 21, 2007
Messages
7,318
Reaction score
3,462
Gender
Male
Country
Bavaria
they fled vatican and encountered caligula again at which point there was a flashback about the telesfos hideout... I'm sorry to say so, but that really seems like the last fight since everything necessary has been done storywise to end it;
just some things with minor importance were left- until now. such as what exactly is postale, how does god's eye work or won't there happen anything else when biblos is full.
other than that it's imo very sad that they didn't reach their hide-out in a glorious doublespread but in a flashback... the story was simply much too rushed after they knew it doesn't work with readers, which is a bad thing when the author has a story to tell <.<
 

thiagojoe

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 1, 2007
Messages
1,035
Reaction score
55
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
i am sorry to hear that, Akainu. It's a shame it didn't do well with japanese readers and the story had to hurry.
At least they didn't cancel the title while it is running a long arc, because that would have been very disappointing, having misteries hidden forever...
 

Shurou

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 11, 2007
Messages
745
Reaction score
236
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Oh, momodaisuki, where art thou to supply the poor souls who yearn for Asklepios translations?

Well, for those that can read the RAWs, how about that for some double-whammy pwnage on Caligura!!? Looks like the series will live on for some time, no? I hope the series continues until they fill up the Biblos... but nvm, then that'd take too long... As long as Asklepios doesn't get axed prematurely :\
 

thiagojoe

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 1, 2007
Messages
1,035
Reaction score
55
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I can't wait to read chapter 17 either. I heard Mx0 ended without a conclusion to the history. Hope the same thing does not happens to Asklepios.

Asklepios operating on himself was sure a thrilling chapter. Lots of things were kind of shortened but i hope the series goes back to a normal pace.


Oh, momodaisuki, where art thou to supply the poor souls who yearn for Asklepios translations?

Well, for those that can read the RAWs, how about that for some double-whammy pwnage on Caligura!!? Looks like the series will live on for some time, no? I hope the series continues until they fill up the Biblos... but nvm, then that'd take too long... As long as Asklepios doesn't get axed prematurely :\
Caligula's fate was some deserved one...:p
Asklepios saving him was kinda expected, but a good plot anyway. Caligula's final smile gives me some bad feelings...
Postale putting all those balls on the cannon was... *wootz* :D
Couldn't read a line of he chapter, hope the trans explain sometihings like Rosary's feelings.
Can't wait for the scan...
 
Last edited:

fizban

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 30, 2006
Messages
543
Reaction score
80
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Was 18 the last chapter or 19? I am kind of bummed that the series ended, but that is the fate of series in jump. At least we got to see some cool stuff during the Vatican part
 

Maxy Barnard

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 15, 2006
Messages
3,233
Reaction score
1,618
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
it ends this week coming... and then meisters at risk *cries*
 

Muddy

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2008
Messages
225
Reaction score
6
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Yeah, 19 will be the last chapter.

I just read 4-16 in a single sitting ... this manga became incredible. It makes sense, I suppose, but I didn't expect it at all - Uchimizu had to show his cards now or never. Clearly no one suspected how amazing everything he had planned was, since they let the series sink to the bottom of the ToC... and since most canceled series don't end with a glorious bang like Asklepios does I suspect all the more that this is Uchimizu's last time in WSJ. Which, as it turns out now, is a huge shame.

Still, Asklepios will go down in history (in my version of history, anyway) as one of the absolute best canceled manga to have graced WSJ's pages. It may not have been consistently fantastic like Double Arts was, but this final arc (starting with ... actually, though obviously the best stuff is in the latter bit, I'd say with the introduction of Caligula) is definitely one of the most kickass I've read in just about any shonen. It's very impressive that Uchimizu could draw me into his world and its characters so deeply after only a few chapters...

I'm looking forward to 17, 18, and 19 for sure.
 

Maxy Barnard

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 15, 2006
Messages
3,233
Reaction score
1,618
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
i agree on when asklepios became good. it's only when caligula appeared that the post one shot coward personality actually worked. at all
 

thiagojoe

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 1, 2007
Messages
1,035
Reaction score
55
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Yeah, 19 will be the last chapter.

I just read 4-16 in a single sitting ... this manga became incredible. It makes sense, I suppose, but I didn't expect it at all - Uchimizu had to show his cards now or never. Clearly no one suspected how amazing everything he had planned was, since they let the series sink to the bottom of the ToC... and since most canceled series don't end with a glorious bang like Asklepios does I suspect all the more that this is Uchimizu's last time in WSJ. Which, as it turns out now, is a huge shame.

Still, Asklepios will go down in history (in my version of history, anyway) as one of the absolute best canceled manga to have graced WSJ's pages. It may not have been consistently fantastic like Double Arts was, but this final arc (starting with ... actually, though obviously the best stuff is in the latter bit, I'd say with the introduction of Caligula) is definitely one of the most kickass I've read in just about any shonen. It's very impressive that Uchimizu could draw me into his world and its characters so deeply after only a few chapters...

I'm looking forward to 17, 18, and 19 for sure.
So Sorry to hear chapter 19 will mean the end of the series. I think alinke you, Muddy, although it was short, the series got me into the story so deeply I believe it could have more and more chapters; but eventually it would become annoying some day.

I'm going for chapter 18's raw, hoping someone translate chapter 17 and the others before the series gets forgotten by everyone... And i believe it deserves an anime, even if it's just a movie or an OVA...
 

Dante Julius

Manga Editor
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 15, 2008
Messages
65
Reaction score
116
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
United States
We, Nihil Sine Nefas, should get another chapter out pretty soon. We'll probably finish the rest of it since it doesn't look like there are any other takers and it's just 3 chapters. We're finishing up 17 and we've done a bit of work on 18. No raw for 19 yet.
 

Muddy

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2008
Messages
225
Reaction score
6
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Well, that was awesome. From the misfire to the healing to the backstory set-up... ahh, so good. The next chapter is going to be the flashback, I presume - I know it at least starts with one (courtesy of s-manga's Jump preview page).

It's fitting that Postale finally got involved. I love his character and though I doubt we'll be given any explanations regarding him (though hopefully 19 will reveal this big "secret of the Biblos" thing) I'm glad that he finally responded to Buzz and Rosary's anger at his straddling-the-fence.

I'm looking forward to the last two; thanks for the Edited Manga!
 

thiagojoe

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 1, 2007
Messages
1,035
Reaction score
55
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Thank you Nihil Sine Nefas for Editing the last chapters for us fans. I'm sad because the series is ending so soon but glad to know that other people enjoy it as much as me. Thanks you all!!!
 

Onomatopoeia

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 26, 2008
Messages
2,116
Reaction score
308
Gender
Male
Country
United States
This is going to sound extremely juvenile but the last panel on chapter 17 seemed kind of...yaoish?

But a great chapter over-all. Felt the fact that he was saving him to punish him was a little bit cliche but it was well pulled off.
 
Last edited:

Dante Julius

Manga Editor
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 15, 2008
Messages
65
Reaction score
116
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
United States
This is going to sound extremely juvenile but the last panel on chapter 17 seemed kind of...homoerotic.

But a great chapter over-all. Felt the fact that he was saving him to punish him was a little bit cliche but it was well pulled off.
If you look closely you'll see "E/N: this panel seems way more homoerotic than it's actually supposed to be. sorry...", so we felt the same way. However, I think that it's better than the other possible translation "violating my body!"
 

Saintz0r

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2008
Messages
1,414
Reaction score
192
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
The last five or so chapters were really good! I was already accepting that Asklepios would end, but now I really want it to keep going ><
 

kim09

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 18, 2008
Messages
19
Reaction score
1
Gender
Male
Country
Malaysia
I hate it when they end the series that I like!! Hopefully Meister will not meet the same fate as Asklepios. Does the first page of chapter 18 signifies something, anyone?
 
Top