Shounen - Assassination Classroom by Matsui Yuusei | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Shounen Assassination Classroom by Matsui Yuusei

B'arzz

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Colombia
Re: [New] Assassination Classroom by Matsui Yuusei

korosensei was the one to clean the remains of sicks:

sabret00the

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

Read the first three chapters and it has potential but it needs to go full speed ahead, it can't be dragged out in any way.

k-dom

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
France

Is that a joke on the mac 20 thing or do you mean something in particular ? It's not because it is a year plot that it can't be dragged.

FrostyMouse

Reaction score
Country
Holy Britannian Empire

It's a curious new series. Nagisa has some fun qualities, but I'm not that drawn in by the series. As Jammin said, the series is a bit pigeonholed into this Assassination Classroom idea, which, while good, has certain drawbacks. The speed thing needs to stop being the focus of every bit.

---------- Post added July 22, 2012 at 11:51 PM ---------- Previous post was July 19, 2012 at 11:44 PM ----------

Chapter 4 arrives. http://www.mangareader.net/assassination-classroom/4

Nii

First Shield
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Germany

The fourth chapter is probably the one I enjoyed the most so far, mainly because of Karasuma and the new student - both seem like a nice add to the cast. While the training is nothing special it was nice to see him in action and him beating the kids was well-done. I enjoyed the interactions between Karasuma and Korosensei a lot too, seems like a nice teacher combo :rofl

Not much to say about the new student yet but I was pretty excited when he actually managed to harm Korosensei twice. For the first time it looked like Korosensei actually was concerned about himself.

I'm enjoying the manga more than I thought, its weirdness is a very strong point.

MangaPage

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Portugal

Interesting and promising new series. So far I am enjoying it. The concept is original, but it could get a bit repetitive if its only about new assassination plans every time (like others said). For the first chapters it won't be a problem, but it will eventually lose its freshness as a new series and Matsui has to think of something so readers won't get bored of it by chapters 20-30. Maybe a big plot twist, or another thing that will let the series move a little bit away from the assassination theme. If that problem is intelligently dealt with, I feel this will become a very popular series.

Putting a supernatural nearly-invincible creature in what would be a normal school setting gives Matsui the opportunity to use his strange humor and create a weird atmosphere, which is one of his strong points. Still, I think the series resembles Neuro too much. I like it also because of that, but I wonder if it will be good for its popularity.

Chapter 4 was a good read. I like the new character. I guess the next few chapters will focus more in him, and we will get to know more about him. Seeing how he is (violent and such), I thought Nagisa would be afraid of him, but he greeted him like a friend. I wonder if there is an actual reason for that. I would also like to know more about Korosensei's past, but we will probably know more about it as the series advances.

I'm curious about how the series will end. Will they just kill Korosensei, and that's it? I imagine by that time readers will be attached to him, since he is the only supernatural character in the series. The author also can't let him destroy earth. Maybe after all that Korosensei won't want to destroy earth anymore, that would be more natural for a shounen manga, but then it is possible that a new villain will be introduced, that would be a good way of making the series last longer. I just hope it doesn't become more like a battle manga.

So far chapters are very good and it has potential. I'm looking forward to chapter 5.

FanOfAniManga

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada

I'm curious about how the series will end. Will they just kill Korosensei, and that's it? I imagine by that time readers will be attached to him, since he is the only supernatural character in the series. The author also can't let him destroy earth. Maybe after all that Korosensei won't want to destroy earth anymore, that would be more natural for a shounen manga, but then it is possible that a new villain will be introduced, that would be a good way of making the series last longer. I just hope it doesn't become more like a battle manga.
Unless the series bombs, and I highly doubt that'll happen, I don't think it'll end with just Korosensei getting killed or Korosensei destroying the earth. There was a small flashback that will most definitely develop into a backstory explaining what inspired him to teach a class as opposed to just doing away with the earth immediately. Having read Neuro, it shouldn't become too much of a battle manga. It's probably going to turn out like Neuro vs X, more a mental than a physical battle.

Last edited:

MangaPage

Reaction score
Country
Portugal

Unless the series bombs, and I highly doubt that'll happen, I don't think it'll end with just Korosensei getting killed or Korosensei destroying the earth. There was a small flashback that will most definitely develop into a backstory explaining what inspired him to teach a class as opposed to just doing away with the earth immediately. Having read Neuro, it shouldn't become too much of a battle manga. It's probably going to turn out like Neuro vs X, more a mental than a physical battle.
I actually agree with you. When I asked if it would just end with Korosensei getting killed or destroying the earth, my meaning was that I thought that wouldn't happen. My point was that it's interesting how, although the series is, so far, only about students trying to assassinate him, the endings the story seems to indicate/lead to (the students succeeding or failing) would probably be unsatisfying. That's why I think there might be a change in the story, or a plot twist, and it won't be about assassinating Korosensei.

Well, anyway, that's just a possibility, and I know it's too soon to be talking about an ending (unless it gets cancelled soon, which I doubt). I just wanted to attract the attention towards the ending, since normally manga that have an initial goal shown right in the first chapters have a predictable ending (like it’s probable Luffy will become pirate king and Naruto hokage), and to say that the story might change further into the series.

And yeah, about changing into battle manga, I meant to say «I hope it won’t be forced to change into a battle manga (due to unpopularity)» (I know that the author doesn’t want that with his manga). Oh, and since we’re talking about genre change, I also want to say that, although the plot is in some ways restricting, it still allows the series to change between a comedy-style slice-of-life and a serious manga with mental battles, and even a typical battle manga if it needs to.

k-dom

Reaction score
Country
France

With the new character introduced, I think we will have 2 types of students. The ones who will want to kill him until the end and those who will somehow befriend him and try to change his objective to destroy the Earth.

MangaPage

Reaction score
Country
Portugal

With the new character introduced, I think we will have 2 types of students. The ones who will want to kill him until the end and those who will somehow befriend him and try to change his objective to destroy the Earth.
That's a good idea, but just how many students do you think will resist to the temptation of 10 billion yen? It might happen after some time, once the students are attached to the teacher, but I don't expect that kind of development so soon. And don't forget they feel rejected because they're in class E and they see this as their only opportunity to be aknowledged by others. So for the moment I don't think they will want to befriend him.

"Sensei, would you mind not destroying the Earth? That would be very kind of you"

HalcyonDigest

Reaction score
Country
United States

That's a good idea, but just how many students do you think will resist to the temptation of 10 billion yen? It might happen after some time, once the students are attached to the teacher, but I don't expect that kind of development so soon. And don't forget they feel rejected because they're in class E and they see this as their only opportunity to be aknowledged by others. So for the moment I don't think they will want to befriend him.

"Sensei, would you mind not destroying the Earth? That would be very kind of you"
That could also be used in favor of siding with the teacher. So far the only one who has really accepted them is the teacher.

Teeba

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan

I want to know more about the girl with pigtails. :oh Come on, Matsui, you can flesh her out a bit more! :derp

That suspended student is an excellent addition to the cast. I do feel its a bit rushed, but I think the premise is bizarre enough that it makes sense. I also like how Karasuma wants to help the kids train. He's focused, but he's not heartless, which I find rare in secret agent kind of characters.

I really am enjoying how Korosensei uses his speed all the time. Its a very simple yet amazing advantage to have. :amuse

k-dom

Reaction score
Country
France

I was had. I though at first,
does this go in a GTO direction ?

The answer :
Clearly NO !

MangaPage

Reaction score
Country
Portugal

Just read chap. 5, and I’m starting to like AC more and more. Karma is really cool, a good introduction in the manga, although I didn’t really like when Korosensei fell for all his tricks, but in the end he regained control and I guess those bits were necessary to make Karma stand out.
The only thing I don’t find good is Nagisa. He’s supposed to be the MC, but he’s way too normal, doesn’t stand out at all compared with Karma and octopus-sensei.

That could also be used in favor of siding with the teacher. So far the only one who has really accepted them is the teacher.
That’s a good point. Anyway, I also think some students will befriend him, I’m just saying it’s too soon for that to happen.

B'arzz

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Colombia

I just watch the raw of chapter 6 and can say: matsui has not lost artistic touch i really like this manga!!!!

Zatono

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States

HalcyonDigest

Reaction score
Country
United States

Like this new character, thought he was gonna be added in a much more villanous way, but Korosensei quickly got to him. The question is, where will this go? Will it go in a Sayonara, Zetsubou-sensei way and just be an episodic slice of life that is strangely bizarre? Or will there at some point be some more concrete plotlines and arcs be introduced? I'm alright with it both ways, but it's the main question in my mind right now.

Teeba

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan

I think the story is bound to get into longer arcs. The author really wants to focus on the prejudice the rest of the school has with class E.

I'm still waiting for a "regular" female character to show up, but until then the manga has been great to read. This chapter was really neat. I really liked how Korosensei handled Karma's problem. Now Karma can work on his assassination attempts with a more refreshing attitude! :derp

Oh and this panel:

I sense a bromance budding between Nagisa and Karma. LOL

Doraku

Repenting Smut Peddler
Reaction score
Country
The Wall

Yeah, I agree the arc should last a bit longer. After catching up with the latest chapter, the flow of the story has been good so far, I don't think the story is rushed or anything.

Karma-kun is my fav character now, I thought he was going to antagonize Nagisa as well, but it seems they have a good relationship.

MangaPage

Reaction score
Country
Portugal

The last AC chapters have become even better. I thought Karma would be more of a bad guy, but after reading this chapter it turns out he is just an intelligent student with some perturbations, but nice in reality. Before I thought there might be a reason for him and Nagisa getting along well, but now I think it’s just natural (though when he started talking about Korosensei risking his life for his students, I seriously thought he was going to shoot at Nagisa hoping he would protect her and receive the bullet instead, but yeah I forgot the bullets aren’t dangerous for students). And that part about Korosensei saying every time Karma would try to assassinate him he would polish him (his skill) more was a joke about getting him better and also literally polishing him like he did with his nails, right? I just realized that.

I would prefer if it wouldn’t get too episodic, I think it will continue like this for a few chapters and then start becoming composed of ~5 chapter arcs. More near the end it might have a bit longer arcs, but I don’t see it having really long ones.

I just watch the raw of chapter 6 and can say: matsui has not
lost artistic touch i really like this manga!!!!
Yeah I agree, his art was already good in the time of Neuro, it wasn’t technically perfect but it was very expressive, and now I think it has gotten even better. For me, its art is currently one of the best in WSJ.

Last edited: