Shounen Assassination Classroom by Matsui Yuusei

MangaPage

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 25, 2012
Messages
81
Reaction score
44
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Re: [New] Assassination Classroom by Matsui Yuusei

Wow, the manga is really recent and it’s already getting things like that. And on WSJ ToCs it’s being placed high although it’s supposedly not ranked yet… It seems to be doing very well. :^_^
 

Teeba

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2007
Messages
1,885
Reaction score
1,612
Age
38
Gender
Female
Country
Pakistan
Re: [New] Assassination Classroom by Matsui Yuusei

Pixiv has pretty much exploded with fanart and the like since it came out. Someone made cookies, another drew Korosensei smiley faces on their marbles, there's already tentacle doujinshi being sold at Comiket too. If it gets cancelled, you can't say it didn't have a fandom.

Oh, and cosplay:
source

source
 
Last edited:

masgrande

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2009
Messages
668
Reaction score
127
Gender
Male
Country
Puerto Rico
Re: [New] Assassination Classroom by Matsui Yuusei

Now when you say tentacle doujinshi, wha It looks like is gotten really popular really fast. I wonder if there is some unspoken hatred for teachers in Japan that's making this manga so popular lol.
 

Googlez_kun

MH's Best Artist
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Oct 22, 2008
Messages
9,744
Reaction score
8,510
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: [New] Assassination Classroom by Matsui Yuusei

I guess it's just the genius character design. Making fanart, which is a key to popularity, is very simple. Just take a circle or a ball, draw a face on it and tadaa. I don't know if it's the quality of the manga or the character Korosensei, but Matsui did a good job.

Also tentacles.
 

Crude

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 16, 2007
Messages
2,698
Reaction score
693
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Re: [New] Assassination Classroom by Matsui Yuusei

I need to get me a green superball just so I can draw Koro-sensei's face on it! And I wouldn't mind having a plushie of him as well!
 

MangaPage

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 25, 2012
Messages
81
Reaction score
44
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Re: [New] Assassination Classroom by Matsui Yuusei

Chapter 7 is out in English:

http://www.mangareader.net/assassination-classroom/7

---------- Post added at 01:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:34 AM ----------

With the introduction of this chapter it seems the story is going for its first long (medium) arc.

But hell, this chapter seemed contradictory to me, it left me a bit confused. After reading its first half, I thought it was going to become more of an episodic manga aimed more at children, seeing how the general mood was brighter, with an exaggeratedly naïve girl handing the poison directly to Korosensei. I thought it was gonna have more one-chapter stories with assassination plans exploiting each student’s strong points. And then in the last pages this professional killer is introduced, making the manga have a more realistic tone. It was obvious from the beginning that if Matsui wanted to aim his manga at a bit older boys/teens, it would have to be a bit more serious, and the government would at some point try something, like it happened, which is of course what would happen in real life (assuming this kind of setting was possible in real life). Maybe the initial half was just so we would be less prepared for this introduction?

That being said I am pleased with this chapter and look forward to this professional killer business.
 

TXC

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2011
Messages
930
Reaction score
188
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Re: [New] Assassination Classroom by Matsui Yuusei

The new character looks good at least
(hot pro killer ftw)
... can't wait for the next chapter.
 

Zatono

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 6, 2009
Messages
3,940
Reaction score
1,649
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: [New] Assassination Classroom by Matsui Yuusei

I can almost guarantee there'll be an awesome interaction between Karma and this pro-killer...antagonistically though.
 

B'arzz

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jul 11, 2011
Messages
210
Reaction score
192
Gender
Male
Country
Colombia
Re: [New] Assassination Classroom by Matsui Yuusei

:nuts:nuts i didn't see that coming :

 

FanOfAniManga

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
May 14, 2011
Messages
488
Reaction score
245
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: [New] Assassination Classroom by Matsui Yuusei

Hey guys. If you've seen the cover of chapter 8, you may notice that it's actually a second part of a classroom photo, the first part of which could be seen on the cover of chapter 5. I've put them together for your viewing pleasure:


The left half is from chapter 8's cover, the right half from chapter 5's. Please excuse my limited Photoshopping abilities.

Also note that not all the classmates are in the photo, such as Terasaka's gang from chapter 1. There may be another chapter cover revealing a third part of the classroom photo.
 
Last edited:

Teeba

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2007
Messages
1,885
Reaction score
1,612
Age
38
Gender
Female
Country
Pakistan
Re: [New] Assassination Classroom by Matsui Yuusei

Finally it updated! And we get the complete opposite of Korosensei -- beautiful, but deadly and a total bitch teacher, Irina Jelavic, who uses her appearance and charm to kill her targets.

Her resemblence to Geniune is uncanny. I find her hair a bit weird-- its like she's wearing a wig, but you can see her real roots. o_O Anyway, I didn't expect Nagisa to get his first kiss! That was surprising, though a bit cliche.

I think Korosensei knows she's a hitman, but what I'm curious to know is whether or not she actually has a chance to kill him or not.
 

Zatono

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 6, 2009
Messages
3,940
Reaction score
1,649
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: [New] Assassination Classroom by Matsui Yuusei

Well, as a teacher she really is a bitch, but she's not really a teacher so it doesn't matter. As expected, Karma comes in to show he really doesn't give a damn about her.

She may be able to inflict damage, but I think in the end she's going to end up crushing on Korosensei for real.
:heh
 

shukketsumaru

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 6, 2011
Messages
376
Reaction score
35
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: [New] Assassination Classroom by Matsui Yuusei

Female character in a shounen demographic, it'll basically be Bianchi + Reborn.
 

Doraku

Repenting Smut Peddler
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 22, 2012
Messages
5,762
Reaction score
1,701
Gender
Male
Country
The Wall
Re: [New] Assassination Classroom by Matsui Yuusei

So, it's the time for a buxom femme fatale to appear. Honestly I was surprised that Korosensei is entangled by her breasts, but it's funny to see his face like that, so I don't have anything to complain. I hope her role as a villain doesn't disappear quickly though.


Man, now I wish I were Nagisa.
 

FanOfAniManga

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
May 14, 2011
Messages
488
Reaction score
245
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: [New] Assassination Classroom by Matsui Yuusei

Spoiler for chapter 9 (sort of):
If you've read lynxian's translation notes from the last chapter, or read the translation ahead of time, you'll know that all this talk about "-vic" vs. "bitch" is actually acknowledged in this chapter. Here's the panel where it's acknowledged, from page 3.
 
Last edited:

k-dom

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 5, 2008
Messages
6,280
Reaction score
2,460
Gender
Male
Country
France
Re: [New] Assassination Classroom by Matsui Yuusei

What is you question exactly ?
 
Top