Shounen Assassination Classroom by Matsui Yuusei

Zatono

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 6, 2009
Messages
3,940
Reaction score
1,649
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: [New] Assassination Classroom by Matsui Yuusei

Did anyone read the translation for chapter 13?

Korosensei wants them all to score within the top 50 on "tomorrow's" midterm? Is he trying to turn this school upside down? :lmao
 

cearon

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Sep 19, 2012
Messages
384
Reaction score
88
Gender
Male
Country
Turkey
Re: [New] Assassination Classroom by Matsui Yuusei

it was an expected sort of event. korosensei form the start is constructed as a best defence is a good offence type character. coupled with the given facts he is trying to turn everything in to zero. i want to see the response by asano now.
 

MangaPage

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 25, 2012
Messages
81
Reaction score
44
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Re: [New] Assassination Classroom by Matsui Yuusei

Chapter 13 is out in english.

I think this speed thing is getting exagerated. I'm not against it and it is a good tool to create jokes but I feel making so many clones is too much and not really funny anymore. I would prefer it to continue in a more moderated way. I think he should have listened to Asano's line of there are problems which can't be solved with speed. I didn't mind the tornado that much, it might have given a bigger impact, but I think Koro making a good speech (which he did after) would have been enough, Though I did the last panel of this page.
That being said, I did like this chapter, but not as much as the last ones. There is something I don't really understand though. It said the students ranking in top 50 can go out of class E, but if that is what Koro wants, won't the ones in class D go down to E since they've been surpassed? Then it's still all the same, cuz it won't destroy the system.

I'm enjoying this series so far, but I don't know where you guys see the plot deepening as much as your all talking about. Sure, a villain was introduced and there is clearly going to be more going on with Koro-sensei's character than was previously shown, but you guys are definitely jumping the gun with this immediate praise after only one or two new chapters. I'm expecting great and interesting things from this manga but it definitely isn't there yet.
Well, I don't really consider the story deep yet too, I didn't really say that, I just said it got deeper. I mean before it was just a bit of a half-episodic gag manga, but you can feel it's getting more serious.
 
Last edited:

k-dom

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 5, 2008
Messages
6,280
Reaction score
2,460
Gender
Male
Country
France
Re: [New] Assassination Classroom by Matsui Yuusei

Moderate does not seem really Matsui like :-)

As for making them succeed the test, I think he just want to put an end to the discrimination. The students will have no interest in going to another class (they have a better teacher and can win the reward). But the others student won't be able to treat them like parias anymore. Though I wonder what will be the director reaction if they succeed
 
Last edited:

MangaPage

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 25, 2012
Messages
81
Reaction score
44
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
Re: [New] Assassination Classroom by Matsui Yuusei

ThModerate does not seem really Matsui like :-)

As for making them succeed the test, I think he just want to put an end to the discrimination. The students will have no interest in going to another class (they have a better teacher and can win the reward). But the others student won't be able to treat them like parias anymore. Though I wonder what will be the director reaction if they succeed
Haha, I know what you mean :). I just didn't like much when he made so many clones, but it's still ok. Maybe he could try to be un-moderate in another way :^_^.

And yeah, about the students, that seems to be the most plausible thing. I was just not sure the choice of leaving class E or staying belonged to the students, I mean Asano couldn't care less about who is in class E, he would just make them change (it's up to the director to change classes or teachers, after all), but I think he can't do that because the government wouldn't like changing assassin-students, of course, now that they are in the confidence. I hadn't thought about that.
They say he is the sovereign of the school and has absolute power in school matters, but he can't change things about class E...
 

FanOfAniManga

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
May 14, 2011
Messages
488
Reaction score
245
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: [New] Assassination Classroom by Matsui Yuusei

If anything happens, I agree no one will leave class E for the same reasons, but also think that some new students might even join class E. Relating back to how the students' surnames in class 3-E are based on the 47 ronin, there are still some surnames missing in that class. I've counted out 10 duplicate surnames from my last post, and there are 26 students already in the class. That leaves 11 unique surnames left to be used: Chikamatsu (近松), Tomi(no)mori (富森), Yatou/Yokoube (矢頭), Kaiga (貝賀), Ootaka (大高), Katsuta (勝田), Yokokawa (横川), and as mentioned before, Ooishi (大石), Horibe (堀部), Mase (間瀬) and Onodera (小野寺). Unless 26 students is the maximum occupancy of a class, it's not unlikely more can join, though I'm not sure if it can reach all 37.

As for who could possibly join, those two who keep harassing Nagisa come to mind. Their names were never given yet and they already seem like recurring characters the way they keep showing up here and there. Other students in the school harass the students of class 3-E too, but none of them apart from these two are as notable at the moment. It'd be an interesting addition to that class, to see them thumb their noses to it, only to actually join it in an ironic twist.

With the way Matsui had introduced the students from class 3-E, it's been emphasized that they can come from all walks of life and have different misfortunes or imperfections placed on them to emerge in this class. In fact, the rest of the school adapts to such an abnormal social environment already, it makes the students of class 3-E look like pretty normal people, people we can relate to. They're like outcasts of the outcasts, except while the latter group of outcasts may have already accepted their full potentials in comparison to the rest of society, the former group have not yet done so. I think this truly reinforces the possibility for those two students to join class 3-E. To see people WAY inside their comfort zones getting forcefully purged out would make an interesting plot point. After all, isn't that how many great storylines begin?
 
Last edited:

Doraku

Repenting Smut Peddler
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 22, 2012
Messages
5,762
Reaction score
1,701
Gender
Male
Country
The Wall
Re: [New] Assassination Classroom by Matsui Yuusei

Chapter 14 is up.

Matsui finally draws imaginary scenes like he used to do with Neuro again. I like how he makes scenes where Class E students facing with math problems equal with defeating monster, very typical Matsui. Another thing is that I'm glad that Class E does not contribute to the top 50 rank of the school in one night, it feels realistic. Kinda surprised that Karma who did very well though. I kno he's a genius but I don't know he is that genius.

Asano would be a very tough enemy, indeed.
 

Galactic Tomahawk

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 24, 2008
Messages
797
Reaction score
132
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: [New] Assassination Classroom by Matsui Yuusei

I was kinda out of this after Irina's arc but the last few chapters have been great.

Feels like it's really hitting it's stride now.
 

B'arzz

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jul 11, 2011
Messages
210
Reaction score
192
Gender
Male
Country
Colombia
Re: [New] Assassination Classroom by Matsui Yuusei

I just saw the raw of Psi Kusuo Saiki vs Ansatsu crossover , even if I don't know japanese looks good, but i was expecting something diferent :/
 
Last edited:

Drmke

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 22, 2009
Messages
4,224
Reaction score
1,235
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Palestine
Re: [New] Assassination Classroom by Matsui Yuusei

Why? Never expect much from crossovers; they are just meant to be fun.
 

lynxian

Translator
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jun 24, 2009
Messages
103
Reaction score
162
Age
41
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: [New] Assassination Classroom by Matsui Yuusei

Really? I thought it was well-suited to the absurdity/bizarreness you find in each of the series. In all honesty, I wouldn't mind other crossovers between them - the dynamic between Saiki and Korosensei is amusing.

Looking at the final page of the raw again, now I can see why they went with the topic they did: Matsui-sensei and Asou-sensei (Saiki Kusuo mangaka) are both from Iruma, the city where the crossover takes place. The crossover centers around a type of sweet that Iruma is best known for.
 
Last edited:

B'arzz

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jul 11, 2011
Messages
210
Reaction score
192
Gender
Male
Country
Colombia
Re: [New] Assassination Classroom by Matsui Yuusei

Well since i only read one chapter of Kusuo (and really liked) i dont know much about the manga, every week i "read" the raw but is not the samne if you cant understand a single word :-_-

But a month ago, when i read about that crossover i had imagined something like a big contest or something like that.
 

vampire killer

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2011
Messages
802
Reaction score
465
Gender
Male
Country
Bulgaria
Re: [New] Assassination Classroom by Matsui Yuusei

where can i read the crossover?
 

lynxian

Translator
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jun 24, 2009
Messages
103
Reaction score
162
Age
41
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: [New] Assassination Classroom by Matsui Yuusei

It isn't translated yet. I'm about 50% done, but it's just as wordy as everything else Saiki-related.
 

Limit

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 25, 2011
Messages
106
Reaction score
37
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: [New] Assassination Classroom by Matsui Yuusei

Just read the newest chapter. Damn, the chairman is such an ass, does he really care that much about the discrimination at the school? Well I guess he cares more about the classes A-D getting good grades, but it's still pretty fucked up. Giving lessons to only the good classes and leaving Class-E to fail is just too extreme, I can't wait for him to get his ass-handed to him, grades style. I honestly didn't think they'd get into the top 50 that easily, next time I guess.

The moments with the imaginary fights against the test were pretty good.
 

kudo-kun

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jun 25, 2008
Messages
8
Reaction score
2
Gender
Hidden
Country
United Nations

lynxian

Translator
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jun 24, 2009
Messages
103
Reaction score
162
Age
41
Gender
Female
Country
United States

obamamania

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 17, 2009
Messages
2,483
Reaction score
1,053
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: [New] Assassination Classroom by Matsui Yuusei

Why is the restored fresco in this manga, LOL.
 
Top