Shounen Assassination Classroom by Matsui Yuusei

Doraku

Repenting Smut Peddler
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 22, 2012
Messages
5,762
Reaction score
1,701
Gender
Male
Country
The Wall
Come on guys, the first time we ever see him in story, he's yellow. The double page after it has been used for the credit page almost every single chapter...
If you look into the lead color page in the first chapter (previous page of the link you provided), his default color is green. I believe his natural color is either green or yellow though, but since the 1st volume cover is yellow, I assume that it is his default color.
 

Teeba

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2007
Messages
1,885
Reaction score
1,612
Age
38
Gender
Female
Country
Pakistan
I just think he constantly changes color, like a mood ring. :oh So maybe his "base" color goes from green to yellow all the time.

Did anyone see Korosensei burst through Shuiesha's office in Japan?


The display in a Japanese bookshop when Assassination Classroom 1 went on sale?


Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Or how about the fact that Jump's talk show will interview him on the 9th? Things are looking good for Assassination Classroom, I hope the manga's quality can keep up with it!
 
Last edited:

thatguy3331

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 18, 2011
Messages
588
Reaction score
362
Gender
Male
Country
United States
my my whats this looks like this really is an instant big hitter, well about time something we like that WON'T get cancelled.
 

Doraku

Repenting Smut Peddler
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 22, 2012
Messages
5,762
Reaction score
1,701
Gender
Male
Country
The Wall
Adding one more image



Some sources said that the amount of advertising and print counts of Assasination Classroom is almost the same with when the best selling manga in the history came out in 1997. Shuueisha really put a lot of hope for this to become a mega-hit. Hopefully that's what will happen, only time will tell.
 

B'arzz

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jul 11, 2011
Messages
210
Reaction score
192
Gender
Male
Country
Colombia
More publicity:








It really will become a hit if continue like this.
 

k-dom

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 5, 2008
Messages
6,280
Reaction score
2,460
Gender
Male
Country
France
It's kinda understandable since it has one of the best start since one piece in TOC...
 

Raijatsu

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2006
Messages
1,107
Reaction score
62
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I really like how much attention AC gets :D
Considering the soon ending Naruto, KHR and bleach (not too mention all the new stuff bound to be cancelled sooner or later)
SJ needs to give some series promotion to get new Action/Shonen/Moneycows
usually I'm against this and think the readers should decide, but Ac is my fav series atm so please continue to support them SJ! :D
 

Googlez_kun

MH's Best Artist
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Oct 22, 2008
Messages
9,744
Reaction score
8,510
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
While all this attention for AC makes me happy, I'm somewhat sceptical. I mean, I enjoy it a lot, but all this hype seems a little too much.
 

FanOfAniManga

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
May 14, 2011
Messages
488
Reaction score
245
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
While all this attention for AC makes me happy, I'm somewhat sceptical. I mean, I enjoy it a lot, but all this hype seems a little too much.
You're not alone on that one. After seeing Bulge nosedive from all its hype, I really hope AC won't go down the same path.

It's all up to Matsui-sensei from here.
 

k-dom

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 5, 2008
Messages
6,280
Reaction score
2,460
Gender
Male
Country
France
They are nothing alike, Bulge was only popular here. Japanese hated it. Assassination classroom made one of the best TOC start ever.
What I hope is that the success won't affect Matsui originality.
 

Teeba

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2007
Messages
1,885
Reaction score
1,612
Age
38
Gender
Female
Country
Pakistan
I agree. I think partly why Sensei no Bulge made a huge impression on people is because Jump Alpha licensed it too, which was unusual for a new series. Assassination Classroom on the other hand, had no such overseas promotion. Considering how Jump Alpha licenses manga only that fits their theme (battle manga, or action-y manga), there's no way Assassination Classroom would get the same treatment. I mean, Viz has been on the fence about licensing Neuro for years.

Anyway, back to the subject, I found this over on LJ's Weekly Jump community (thanks braaandon!):

Korosense

Height - 3 meters if stretches
Weight - Lighter than you think
Birth - unknown

Nagisa

Height - 159cm
Weight - 48kg
Birth - July 20

Karasuma Tadaomi

Height - 180cm
Weight - 85kg
Birth - August 15 (28 years old)
---------- Post added November 07, 2012 at 08:47 AM ---------- Previous post was November 06, 2012 at 09:46 AM ----------

Oops, I found this on tumblr a while ago, but I forgot to post it. It seems Lynxian's still coping with hurricane Sandy, hence no new Edited Mangas so far:

You might have noticed that I’ve been MIA for the past week. The reason for that is Hurricane Sandy, which knocked out our power last Monday. So yeah, I haven’t been able to translate anything (or even use the computer/internet) - and we aren’t expected to get power back until this coming Monday (11/5) at the earliest.
I’ve been poking around online periodically using my phone, primarily posting updates on my twitter (abstract_eden), but I think a lot of people don’t check that/aren’t aware of it, so I’m posting here too. ATM, I’m in a wireless hotspot with my laptop - but I really won’t be able to do much of anything until the power’s back at my house.
So what does that mean, exactly? It means that the translations for chapters 17-18 (and likely 19 as well) of Assassination Classroom will be delayed. Thankfully that’s the only series I translate on a weekly basis (Haikyuu!!, Kusuo Saiki, etc. are mostly on a random basis) right now. Of course, that being said, I really would like to pick up Hungry Joker when it starts serialization next week… even though I’m horrendously swamped thanks to the power outage.
Here's hoping her internet problems resolve itself soon!
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
On a totally random note what do you guys think how popular AssClass will become? Or is it only a short hype and sales will decline/stay the same at best?

As for me I believe it won't be just a short hype as long as Matsui's series isn't loosing it's quality. That's based on the reason why I believe AssClass is that popular in the first place. Copying my post in Weekly Shounen Jump thread:

AC is good but the only reason (I can think of) why it is that popular is that the readers can relate to the story and it's characters. The pressure on school kids is enormous these days, especially in Japan where it matters a lot which school you attend and how you do. I guess that's why a lot can relate to the E-class and probably would wish for a teacher like Koro-sensei, who seems to truly care for them (a feeling a lot of teachers probably don't deliver very well). If you take into account that most jump readers attend school this seems very likely. Now if Matsui had all of this in mind when he created the series I can only say good job, my respect towards him just grew a lot.
 

Doraku

Repenting Smut Peddler
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 22, 2012
Messages
5,762
Reaction score
1,701
Gender
Male
Country
The Wall
On a totally random note what do you guys think how popular AssClass will become? Or is it only a short hype and sales will decline/stay the same at best?

As for me I believe it won't be just a short hype as long as Matsui's series isn't loosing it's quality. That's based on the reason why I believe AssClass is that popular in the first place. Copying my post in Weekly Shounen Jump thread:

AC is good but the only reason (I can think of) why it is that popular is that the readers can relate to the story and it's characters. The pressure on school kids is enormous these days, especially in Japan where it matters a lot which school you attend and how you do. I guess that's why a lot can relate to the E-class and probably would wish for a teacher like Koro-sensei, who seems to truly care for them (a feeling a lot of teachers probably don't deliver very well). If you take into account that most jump readers attend school this seems very likely. Now if Matsui had all of this in mind when he created the series I can only say good job, my respect towards him just grew a lot.
I'm going to stick to my opinion and say that it's too soon to call that this series is going to be very popular, but If I have to make a random guess, it will be popular but it's not going to be as huge as One Piece or Naruto. It really depends on how long Matsui would stretch the story, and I think if he decides to prolong this series until more than 30 volume, somehow it's kinda doubtful that Matsui would be able to maintain this series quality, since, well, In my opinion the premise of this story is more restricted compared to the other manga.

I have another opinion on why AssClass is really well received by JUMP readers. Matsui is not afraid to give his peculiar sense of humor and surrealist touch to the audience and they are not bad either(or can I say great?), and I personally believe his style is very fresh among the other JUMP manga.
 

k-dom

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 5, 2008
Messages
6,280
Reaction score
2,460
Gender
Male
Country
France
New chapter was quite nice. The guide book was funny and at the same time the tone was a bit darker than usual with the rape and kidnapping discussions. The balance was quite well done and it was maybe closer from Neuro tone than previous chapters.

And the last phrase resume pretty much my feelings: How long till the students don't really want to assassinate koro sensei anymore ?
 

Doraku

Repenting Smut Peddler
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 22, 2012
Messages
5,762
Reaction score
1,701
Gender
Male
Country
The Wall
Korosensei is proven to be an amazing author too! :edu, and man the way Korosensei took down those delinquents are cool, well, Nagisa is cool as well.

So yesterday was Matsui interview in Jump Bang here is a page with info about that, but i dont know moonspeak so i have no idea what it says

http://www.kajisoku.org/archives/51818124.html
It's mainly just an excerpt from 2ch's users commenting on the show, nothing significant. The rest of it are about the first volume sales etc and so on. it's about gourmet quiz or anything like that and god, Matsui's camel drawing is so awful :lmao. He looks older than I thought in those pictures.
 

Teeba

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2007
Messages
1,885
Reaction score
1,612
Age
38
Gender
Female
Country
Pakistan
:wtf They're catching up with releases! Chapter 18 was just released.

He killed the cookie monster. HOW COULD YOU?! :gwah

Personally, I thought the conclusion of the kidnapping was a bit anti-climactic. But this new chapter was self-contained and really awesome.

What I find interesting is just how childlike and earnest Korosensei seems on the Kyoto trip. You almost forget he's a wanted criminal because of the way he acts around his students. It reminds me of what Kayano was saying a couple of chapters back, that you learn a different side of people when you go on vacation together. And Korosensei is no exception to that. He's still got his guard on, and pretty damn impossible to kill, but he's definitely very relaxed on this trip. I'm pretty sure that if anyone is going to seriously attempt to kill him, it'll have to be someone who intimately knows Korosensei very well.
 

Doraku

Repenting Smut Peddler
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 22, 2012
Messages
5,762
Reaction score
1,701
Gender
Male
Country
The Wall
:wtf They're catching up with releases! Chapter 18 was just released.

He killed the cookie monster. HOW COULD YOU?! :gwah

Personally, I thought the conclusion of the kidnapping was a bit anti-climactic. But this new chapter was self-contained and really awesome.

What I find interesting is just how childlike and earnest Korosensei seems on the Kyoto trip. You almost forget he's a wanted criminal because of the way he acts around his students. It reminds me of what Kayano was saying a couple of chapters back, that you learn a different side of people when you go on vacation together. And Korosensei is no exception to that. He's still got his guard on, and pretty damn impossible to kill, but he's definitely very relaxed on this trip. I'm pretty sure that if anyone is going to seriously attempt to kill him, it'll have to be someone who intimately knows Korosensei very well.
Wait..

That was cookie monster? I didn't even realize it :XD

I agree with your opinions, what makes this Kyoto trip is interesting is partially because I really enjoy when Korosensei is acting childish and seems enjoy this trip more than he should :XD. The part where suddenly he became an actor for a period drama is the best, and his dialogue is very funny, similar to what the Samurai in a period drama would say. Do you think that this new assassin would come back later? I surely hope so since he might become another Korosensei's valuable allies.
 
Top