Discussion - At least 31 dead in rampage at Virginia college | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion At least 31 dead in rampage at Virginia college

Gorzka

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Poland
In the news they said that he was looking for he's girlfriend or smth.

I just can't imagine how someone can do smth like that.

It's really tragic:( Tonight I'll pray for the family's of the killed ones :(

erikrhys

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Update: the body count is now 33............truely this is a diaster.......how can somone do something like this?

LadyHatake

Aristocratic Assassin
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
VA Tech was one of the colleges that I recently got accepted to, and I have about 20 friends there. I know teachers and parents who are sick as hell with worry right now. Myself included.

The death toll is at 32 now, 33 including the gunman, believed to be a young asian male looking for his girlfriend. He killed two people in a dorm, then went to Norris Hall, locked the door of a classroom, and opened fire. Deadliest shooting in American history. How in the world can someone do that?

bax

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
This is truly tragic =(

Somehow I don't know why people nowadays taking things into their hands too far >.<
My deepest condolences to those who lost a family member or a friend in that tragedy.

Lets us all pray that this kind of things won't happened again.

erikrhys

Reaction score
Country
United States
^^
this world is a scary place we live in bax..........very scary.......how someone can just kill for no reason.........and there is no right reason to kill someone........none.....

PaperYomiko

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
It's really tragic. I think these kinds of things are beyond understanding. They just don't make any sense. It's very scary that there are people in the world who could do such things. I know it's something I'll never understand.

LadyHatake, and anyone else who may know people at VA Tech, I hope that your friends are ok.

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
He did a shooting on the other side of the campus and I suppose it was enough to make him snap, believe that he had done enough already to get himself condemned, and I'm thinking it was enough to make him think, "what the hell I'll just go ahead and take some more people down with me."

Pretty horrifying situation, first thing that came to mind when I heard about the news was that I was hoping Katy wasn't visiting the campus today >.>

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia
I saw the news this morning. And i couldnt believe at the number of casualties from this incident. My condolences goes to the family members and the faculty members of Virginia Tech.

ITACHIWIFE

Reaction score
Country
United States
its so sad

weixiaobao

Reaction score
Country
United States
i would never think a person look that can be so dangerous and yet i am always wrong...

erikrhys

Reaction score
Country
United States
its hard to imangine that someone can do this...........its terrible.......

JeffDoogins

Reaction score
Country
Australia
goddam it man, america really needs to sort its shit out

erikrhys

Reaction score
Country
United States
^^
not just america, but everywhere my good friend, these kinds of thinga happen all over the world, sad as it is to say. But it does happen in america a little too often........ :(

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
goddam it man, america really needs to sort its shit out
o.O...

Don't blame this on America...

The kid wasn't even an American. xD

Concerning the kid, I wonder how he was raised...

erikrhys

Reaction score
Country
United States
it said something about him looking for a girlfriend......so it may be that he was a disgruntal ex lover.........and noone is to blame except society........

Paper

Reaction score
Country
Earth Kindom
another murder and suicide brought to us by society, the worlds leading conformist propaganda....sigh....it's really sad...heres one for Cho Seung and the 32 others *spills a beer on the floor*

if anyone is to blame its society. the Cho Sung was just a victim of society and it's pressure on people to conform to it's standards. heck, if people actually tried to understand him without fearing him i bet none of this would have happened.

Last edited:

JeffDoogins

Reaction score
Country
Australia
every country has a dark chapter in their past when it comes to mass murders, take australia and new zealand for example they had port arthur and aramoana, but they are one isolated incident in one country. My point is that america dosnt just have the just the odd one or two....they have the odd seven or eight which to me is just horrifying. The very first thing i thought when i heard about virginia tech was 'another one?' i mean shit, something is wrong when thats the first thing that comes to mind after such a horrible tragedy, and most of them seem to be happening in america...

o.O...

Don't blame this on America...

The kid wasn't even an American. xD

Concerning the kid, I wonder how he was raised...
i no that but he spent well over half of his 23 yr old life there, that should count for something

Paper

Reaction score
Country
Earth Kindom
once you've been naturalized, or you were born and raised ina certain place, that counts you as one of the locals. so Cho Sung was an American. but that wasn't the cause of him snapping. i bet he snapped because of social pressure.