Year Round Basketball Thread + NBA Fantasy League

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 1, 2015
Messages
5,843
Reaction score
16,825
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Seems this post is pinned so here are the 2025/26 award predictions that I've received so far! If you haven't sent already then feel free to shoot me your list!

 
Last edited:

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,132
Reaction score
14,109
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
There wasn't an air conditioning system in the stadium, so the temperature was around 33 C. Lebron complained about that and apparently he had cramps because of it (and he said he could barely breath). Kinda weird considering it should affect both teams equally, right? Duncan is almost 40 and he was alright...

In any case, what an irony, the Heat defeated by the heat :3c

---------- Post added at 11:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:41 AM ----------

Oh, and no one mentioned this already in this thread, but Sterling finally sold the Clippers.
 
Last edited:

TheMoa

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 25, 2010
Messages
3,380
Reaction score
2,195
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Winterfell
I don't want to compare the intensity of a NBA finals game with that of a pick up game... but man, I grew up playng under the sunlight on the hood
I mean, it sure affected it, but still... I have no words man, I don't think it is enough of an excuse
dunno, I'm probably being an idiot but man... the greatest basketball athlete in the world should be able to handle it. The trainers have to take a better care of his body

---------- Post added at 11:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:50 AM ----------

yeah... 2B
and yesterday he actually released a statement saying he feels wonderfull. I think it was the best marketing thing ever. All this shit made the selling price rise way too much
What a punishment... he won't be able to go to a NBA game for the rest of his life, that must be something like 3 years and he's 2Billion dollars richer
He must be so sad, totally learned his lesson
 

zelllogan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2005
Messages
2,205
Reaction score
1,001
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Sterling won. There is just no other way to see it. It was either giving him a big amount of money or wait for him to trash the NBA with his lawyers. It still think the NBA handled the case like babies, not like businessmen.

And people bashing Lebron for a cramp, it's pathetic. It really is. People have no idea how to attack LBJ these days. At least, he was defended by some players like I.Thomas (not the sacramento one ...) and D.Wilkins. The thing to see: without Lebron, 15 points in a few minutes in Miami's face. It was a close game before that.
 
Last edited:

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
Why is Rose being brought up? He had legit injury, and I'm pretty sure he wouldn't let an injured nose stop him from playing. Kobe didn't let injured leg stop him, neither did flu-ridden Jordan.

I still think LeBron faked the cramps because he couldn't handle the heat. What's even worse is that the Heat started playing horribly, as if they thought they couldn't win without LeBron. Like, what? There are good players in the team, they shouldn't have been doing so badly.
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
Again, why is Rose being brought up? Are you that desperate?

---------- Post added at 09:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:01 PM ----------

ha, both Wade and Duncan flopped.

Though I'm one of them, I do think that LeBron is heavily scrutinized.
 

scav

MH's Most Passionate Member
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2010
Messages
11,919
Reaction score
10,372
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
desperate for? my favorite player is at the finals for the 4th year in a row while yours doesn't even have the will the legs to play the finals for the 2nd year in a row so i understand that you feel the need to trash talk lebron whenever you can :teehee
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
Desperate to troll me cuz your comeback was stupid. Rose isn't even my favorite player anyway, so nice try there. I'm not trash talking LeBron, just stating the truth. It's okay if you want to be in denial.

Damn, Parker learned how to flop from the Heat! Nice 3 by Bosh. D:
 

zelllogan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2005
Messages
2,205
Reaction score
1,001
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Desperate to troll me cuz your comeback was stupid. Rose isn't even my favorite player anyway, so nice try there. I'm not trash talking LeBron, just stating the truth. It's okay if you want to be in denial.
Coming from someone who says that Lebron is faking cramps ...
 

scav

MH's Most Passionate Member
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2010
Messages
11,919
Reaction score
10,372
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
lol this guy doesn't realize how ridiculous his statements are, he seems so butthurt that the heat succeed and call others trolls
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
Coming from someone who says that Lebron is faking cramps ...
Nah, coming from someone who has defended LeBron as well, and thinks criticism like "he only joined the Heat because they have all-star players!" is a stupid reason to hate LeBron. I can defend LeBron easily, believe it or not, and I have, even saying that he was one of the best players in the league and anyone who said otherwise is blind. :lmao

Didn't anyone read the article that defended LeBron? If his behavior in clutch moment is true, I'd rather have LeBron than Kobe.
lol this guy doesn't realize how ridiculous his statements are, he seems so butthurt that the heat succeed and call others trolls
Ridiculous how? There's no proof he was faking it or not, but he did complain about the heat and was the only player who got the cramps, so yeah.

You seem to be more butthurt as you resort to attacking players that are not related to the discussion under the assumption that I'm their fan. My favorite player isn't even in my favorite team. :lmao

---------- Post added June 10, 2014 at 11:44 PM ---------- Previous post was June 09, 2014 at 02:18 PM ----------

:blush

---------- Post added June 11, 2014 at 12:06 AM ---------- Previous post was June 10, 2014 at 11:44 PM ----------

I feel bad for the actual Heat fans that have to put up with the bandwagon fans. In any case, I see the Heat taking the next game.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,183
Reaction score
30,232
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
I feel bad for the actual Heat fans that have to put up with the bandwagon fans. In any case, I see the Heat taking the next game.
There are no actual Heat fans. No one cares about pro sports in Florida. It's college football country.
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
What makes you say that? I'm sure there are some Heat fans out there that support the Heat out of genuine fandomness.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,183
Reaction score
30,232
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
What makes you say that? I'm sure there are some Heat fans out there that support the Heat out of genuine fandomness.
It's hyperbole, but the Floridian sports fan is a well-known thing. It doesn't speak for every single person...
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
Gators4Life, amirite?

But yeah, I think it'll be a back and forth game between the two teams. I don't think we'll see Spurs play like that again the next game.
 

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Jun 5, 2012
Messages
11,132
Reaction score
14,109
Age
32
Gender
Male
Country
Argentina
I believe Timmy now has the record of the player with the most minutes in NBA playoffs.

Also, lol, the Heat fans are booing their team :rofl
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
I still think it'll go to Game 7, because no way NBA is not rigged. Where was James though?
 
Top