Year Round Basketball Thread + NBA Fantasy League

SirSamuel016

The One True Salt King
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Feb 1, 2015
Messages
5,843
Reaction score
16,825
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Seems this post is pinned so here are the 2025/26 award predictions that I've received so far! If you haven't sent already then feel free to shoot me your list!

 
Last edited:

yoniekai

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
3,799
Reaction score
405
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Re: NBA thread

chris paul my man! i always knew this kid is the future star point guard, but i didnt expect him to be it now, and better than what i thought he would. top of the west! this guy is a top three mvp candidate, lebron, garnett, paul
 

gdupninja

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 25, 2007
Messages
1,216
Reaction score
7
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: NBA thread

Yeah i agree, Chris Paul is a beast and one of my favorite players. 20pts and 11 assists, my dawg deserves the mvp.
 

yoniekai

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
3,799
Reaction score
405
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Re: NBA thread

what is UP with the west??? kidd is going to dallas! tho its still blocked (by one below mediocre guy :mad) its gonna be done one way or another. shit at first the gasol trade made LA a beast. then phoenix became a bigger beast. now kidd, nowitzki, terry, howard, that's a MONSTER of a lineup! nash's guys cant be compared to kidd's. damn. and talk about seeds 7 8 and 9! houston GS and denver, they're tied, and all three are only 4.5 games behind number one. shit. this is one crazy first half of the season.

this is all KG's fault :s
 
Last edited:

gdupninja

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 25, 2007
Messages
1,216
Reaction score
7
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: NBA thread

If the trade falls through then Dallas will have one nanananasty lineup. Kidd might be gettin old but his age hasn't affected his style of play yet.
 

yoniekai

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
3,799
Reaction score
405
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Re: NBA thread

when i saw howard's dunks today, i almost cried from the pure COOLNESS of the are you kidding me this performance is arguably the best in slam dunk contest history!
 

gdupninja

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 25, 2007
Messages
1,216
Reaction score
7
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: NBA thread

Are you serious? That was the worst slam dunk contest ever! His first dunk was great but everything else after that was garbage! I got homies at the park that do better dunks then that. The Dunk contest is soooooooooo wacccckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk!
 

yoniekai

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
3,799
Reaction score
405
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Re: NBA thread

WHAT????? no way man that was absolutely CREATIVE i mean everybody cant believe it either, the superman thing, that was the best, look how he jumped that high! magic was putting his dunks on top 5 history! me too!
 

endless7

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Feb 7, 2008
Messages
84
Reaction score
70
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Re: NBA thread

yeah.! howard is a mage from orlando magic..! i love his playstyle..
 

gdupninja

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 25, 2007
Messages
1,216
Reaction score
7
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: NBA thread

WHAT????? no way man that was absolutely CREATIVE i mean everybody cant believe it either, the superman thing, that was the best, look how he jumped that high! magic was putting his dunks on top 5 history! me too!
Like I told some one else,I respect creativity, but when it comes to difficulty, most of those dunks were lacking.
Now the all-star game so far is a different story, the East is puttin on a show espeacilay Lebron, Howard and Kidd. Ally oops every where.
 

yoniekai

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
3,799
Reaction score
405
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Re: NBA thread

yeah man, and check out roy, he's doing great!
 

gdupninja

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 25, 2007
Messages
1,216
Reaction score
7
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: NBA thread

Yessir, Im not watchin it at the moment but he had about 3 buckets while I was watching. He isnt flashy but he handles buisness. Im pissed though, everyone keeps meesing up Iverson's good passes, give my dawg some assistssssssssssss!
 

yoniekai

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
3,799
Reaction score
405
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Re: NBA thread

yeah the east won! but lebron, mvp? he hogged!! damn kept shooting threes, 2-7. ray allen was better, on fire. and roy really did not dissapoint, 18-9-5. and also paul, 16-3-14. i really love these team playas
 

gdupninja

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 25, 2007
Messages
1,216
Reaction score
7
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: NBA thread

yeah the east won! but lebron, mvp? he hogged!! damn kept shooting threes, 2-7. ray allen was better, on fire. and roy really did not dissapoint, 18-9-5. and also paul, 16-3-14. i really love these team playas
It was a very good game, way better than last year. Lebron was jackin the 3's but he did almost get a triple double. Chris Paul played very well, I didn't even realize the hornets had the best record in the West until last night.
 

miyi

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 12, 2007
Messages
625
Reaction score
25
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: NBA thread

I haven't really paid much attention to NBA this year, and actually missed the all-star (not to mention the slam dunk contest) :(

hmm...from the looks of things, the West is so strong this year...but Boston, I heard, was dominant against top 500 oponents, including Western opponents this year. What are people's opinion about Boston this year? I have a gut feeling they'll choke in the playoffs just like the Mavs last season. I think with all the hype and pressure put on them this season to win the title will actually backfire, just like what happened to the Malone-Payton-Shaq-Kobe Lakers team against the Pistons...what do you guys think?

anyway, I think it'd be awesome if Boston and Lakers meet in the Finals this year, reminiscent of the Bird vs. Johnson era of the 80s (although I doubt this is how it will all turn out...it would be too good to be true, lol)
 

PaperYomiko

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 26, 2007
Messages
2,566
Reaction score
10
Age
43
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: NBA thread

What are people's opinion about Boston this year? I have a gut feeling they'll choke in the playoffs just like the Mavs last season.
I really hope not, I'm not sure many of us could take that, though we are pretty used to seeing our teams choke in the big games :s

But seriously, I'll try to put my biases aside for a minute...I think as long as Boston stays healthy (i.e. come baaaaack KG!) and keeps playing their game, they've got a pretty damn good chance. But it won't be easy, for sure. And yeah, I was kinda thinking a Celtics - Lakers match up would be fun, too ^^

As for the all star game, as always I thoroughly enjoyed all the crazy shooting going on, and was slightly astounded by the apparent lack of interest in playing any defense, at least until the end. Personally, I thought guys like Chris Paul, Superman, and Ray Allen were more impressive than Lebron, but I'm not surprised he got mvp. Meh, everyone always votes for the big I-score-a-lot players >.<
 

miyi

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 12, 2007
Messages
625
Reaction score
25
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: NBA thread

just curious..who's superman? sorry, like I said, I haven't paid much attention to the NBA this year, including new nicknames.
 

Leen

MH's Peacemaker
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 17, 2005
Messages
2,870
Reaction score
60
Gender
Hidden
Country
United States
Re: NBA thread

It's this Dwight Howard thing.

He went to this slam dunk competition wearing a Superman suit and made a slam dunk with superman suit on. He went on to win the slam dunk competition.

But really, Green's dunk with socks is NOT easy. Without the shoes, the floor can get pretty slippery. Not only that, he is risking injury from jumping so high and coming down without the support of the shoes. Bleh.

Also, I don't even consider Howard's superman dunk as a dunk. He didn't even dunk. He just shoot the ball into the basket. >.<

But his first dunk with the cupcake thing is awesome. I enjoyed that a lot.
 

miyi

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 12, 2007
Messages
625
Reaction score
25
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: NBA thread

Oh yeah, I heard about that...Dwight Howard? in superman outfit? :rofl

oh and about Chris Paul, I'm so proud of him. I knew he had star potential ever since he was at Wake Forest..he's a good leader, and he never gives up. I remember his last game at Wake during March Madness, his team virtually lost, but he played his heart out down to the last second. The guy is a warrior!
 
Last edited:

PaperYomiko

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 26, 2007
Messages
2,566
Reaction score
10
Age
43
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: NBA thread

Yeah, the all star game was the first time I saw Chris Paul playing, and I was really impressed with him. With Kobe out of most of the game, he really stepped up and was one of the main guys from the West. I was definitely impressed with him.

The thing about Howard's dunk (I always get him and Dwayne Wade confused, thus why I called him Superman) is that he literally chucked it one-handed into the basket, with no rim. It was like he was throwing a bean bag or something. I thought it was crazy, regardless of whether or not it was truly a dunk (I'm willing to be fairly liberal with that definition, though). And I'm glad he won, after his sticker dunk fell through last year ^^
 

yoniekai

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
3,799
Reaction score
405
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Re: NBA thread

that is still a dunk, there's lots of instances where throws like that get counted as dunks, the most recent one i saw to do that was tyson chandler and rudy gay. and that was SICK my skin was crawling at the sight

speaking of boston, that team is steeroong. they're undefeated in the west, and garnett wasnt on most of those games, that's crazy. they beat san antonio without garnett, that's scary
 
Top