Because I got HIGH~ :gnut

Mr. Prince

MH's Best Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 28, 2006
Messages
1,121
Reaction score
2,259
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
Re: The Absurd Paradise

Please do share what types of art do you hate? :)

Yeah, it is a really great list, I recommend for everyone to check out everything. Plus some new great additions. Gah, just check the seinen forum! :D
Well, how about art meeting propaganda; an obvious example would be stuff like art from the Third Reich or other fascist countries. I still vividly remember that chapter from my art classes.
That stuff is horrible in so many ways... I just hate it. : /

Lol, I wouldn't know about the greatness of those series if I hadn't read (most of) them, right? :cookiehand
 

Josef

Dank Trump
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2010
Messages
10,103
Reaction score
4,938
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: The Absurd Paradise

Well, how about art meeting propaganda; an obvious example would be stuff like art from the Third Reich or other fascist countries. I still vividly remember that chapter from my art classes.
That stuff is horrible in so many ways... I just hate it. : /

Lol, I wouldn't know about the greatness of those series if I hadn't read (most of) them, right? :cookiehand
Propaganda art is strong today as well. One of the main aspects of film is just that, there are feature films, documentaries and propaganda films. Even today, take in consideration that in my primary school we used to have propaganda films form former Yugoslavia to educate us, mind you this is 10 or so years ago, the memories were still fresh. So yeah I do not think propaganda can fully be taken away from art ... sadly. :(

Yes, I meant some of my newer ones. ^^ :D
 

Mr. Prince

MH's Best Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 28, 2006
Messages
1,121
Reaction score
2,259
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
Re: The Absurd Paradise

Propaganda art is strong today as well. One of the main aspects of film is just that, there are feature films, documentaries and propaganda films. Even today, take in consideration that in my primary school we used to have propaganda films form former Yugoslavia to educate us, mind you this is 10 or so years ago, the memories were still fresh. So yeah I do not think propaganda can fully be taken away from art ... sadly. :(

Yes, I meant some of my newer ones. ^^ :D
I know, like I said I was just taking the most obvious example that popped into my mind. But I can only imagine what must have been going on in many countries of the Balkans. You had some pretty rough and tough times there... :(
But yeah, that's practically one face of art I will never even try tolerating.

I'm skimming the forums every now and then. But it's mostly you and Kait as solo entertainers there. I might have stumbled across some good recommendations there before.
Which brings me to another thing I would like to ask: Knowing parts of your reading list and your general reading habits I can imagine you're just like me open to most stuff, regardless of its genre or how obscure, disturbing or extravagant a series might be. Yet, I would still like to know if you have any favorite genres; especially in regards to story tone and narration? (Had been asking Kaiten the same thing many moons before...)
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,179
Reaction score
30,225
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: The Absurd Paradise

I'm saying I deserve all the credit! :zomg

---------- Post added at 07:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:27 PM ----------

That was to Nuno...didn't see there was another page :darn
 

Nuno

Retired Douchemin
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 6, 2008
Messages
27,800
Reaction score
18,554
Gender
Hidden
Country
Norway
Re: The Absurd Paradise

Saving it for a doctoral dissertation. :derp
How weak.

I'm saying I deserve all the credit! :zomg

---------- Post added at 07:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:27 PM ----------

That was to Nuno...didn't see there was another page :darn
:derp
 

Josef

Dank Trump
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2010
Messages
10,103
Reaction score
4,938
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: The Absurd Paradise

I know, like I said I was just taking the most obvious example that popped into my mind. But I can only imagine what must have been going on in many countries of the Balkans. You had some pretty rough and tough times there... :(
But yeah, that's practically one face of art I will never even try tolerating.

I'm skimming the forums every now and then. But it's mostly you and Kait as solo entertainers there. I might have stumbled across some good recommendations there before.
Which brings me to another thing I would like to ask: Knowing parts of your reading list and your general reading habits I can imagine you're just like me open to most stuff, regardless of its genre or how obscure, disturbing or extravagant a series might be. Yet, I would still like to know if you have any favorite genres; especially in regards to story tone and narration? (Had been asking Kaiten the same thing many moons before...)
We still do, we just like to play around like we are a free country. Not that the rest of world is a heavenly garden, but still, it is hypocritical to say I live in a good environment.
Well, at least anime/manga are never propaganda tools right? :p

I am fully open when it comes to reading, a series being disturbing and obscure adds to the overall quality of the series and it takes nothing away, I hate slow, cliche stuff. And favorite genre? Well it has to have a lot of mystery in it, the overall plot, the characters, they need to be a bit absurd, for example I really love when an artists drawn people in the conventional manga way like Urasawa and Matsunaga do. I also love the realistic beauty of Inio's art. Miura and Inoue's EPICNESS does fine as well. Narattion has to be a bit slow but still not filled with chapters that do not progress the story, I like slow and steady progression. 5-10 volumes series are the best, with 1-5 coming in close second.

How weak.
:gwah
 

Mr. Prince

MH's Best Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 28, 2006
Messages
1,121
Reaction score
2,259
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
Re: The Absurd Paradise

Well, at least anime/manga are never propaganda tools right? :p
Oh, I might have heard of one or the other exception before. But the vast majority isn't, so that's reassuring. : )

I am fully open when it comes to reading, a series being disturbing and obscure adds to the overall quality of the series and it takes nothing away, I hate slow, cliche stuff. And favorite genre? Well it has to have a lot of mystery in it, the overall plot, the characters, they need to be a bit absurd, for example I really love when an artists drawn people in the conventional manga way like Urasawa and Matsunaga do. I also love the realistic beauty of Inio's art. Miura and Inoue's EPICNESS does fine as well. Narattion has to be a bit slow but still not filled with chapters that do not progress the story, I like slow and steady progression. 5-10 volumes series are the best, with 1-5 coming in close second.
Wow, that's a very nice and thorough answer. Quite nicely rounded up, me gusta! :verily
I can relate to most things you mention.

Thanks for the insight!
 

Doraku

Repenting Smut Peddler
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 22, 2012
Messages
5,762
Reaction score
1,701
Gender
Male
Country
The Wall
Re: The Absurd Paradise

So what's your Major in Uni, Jos? Have you ever considered a career in journalism? for a bookworm, it's a good career path :p.
 

Josef

Dank Trump
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2010
Messages
10,103
Reaction score
4,938
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: The Absurd Paradise

Oh, I might have heard of one or the other exception before. But the vast majority isn't, so that's reassuring. : )


Wow, that's a very nice and thorough answer. Quite nicely rounded up, me gusta! :verily
I can relate to most things you mention.

Thanks for the insight!
I do not know how in Japan art was used for WW2, even though manga was not in it's base form then, it would have been one hell of a propaganda tool, just as Hollywood was in the USA during the war time.

I am glad you think the same, great to see another fan of the stuff I like. :zomg

So what's your Major in Uni, Jos? Have you ever considered a career in journalism? for a bookworm, it's a good career path :p.
Art history, wanted to do directing and acting, though I hope to go for that in another country, since conditions for that here are low. If I can as a free choice I may also pick literature. The thing is I wanted a general art collage, but here things work differently. :/

---------- Post added October 23, 2012 at 01:26 PM ---------- Previous post was October 13, 2012 at 06:00 PM ----------


:kukuku VOTE MY PRETTIES, VOTE!!!! :kukuku​
 

scav

MH's Most Passionate Member
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2010
Messages
11,919
Reaction score
10,372
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
Re: The Absurd Paradise

why there is no traffic in that thread?
 

Josef

Dank Trump
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2010
Messages
10,103
Reaction score
4,938
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: The Absurd Paradise

why there is no traffic in that thread?
I've already been asked everything and answered everything that everyone wants to know? :XD
 

scav

MH's Most Passionate Member
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2010
Messages
11,919
Reaction score
10,372
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
Re: The Absurd Paradise

so they don't find you attractive anymore?
 

scav

MH's Most Passionate Member
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2010
Messages
11,919
Reaction score
10,372
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
Re: The Absurd Paradise

stahp spamming, nobody is trolling here except you
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,179
Reaction score
30,225
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: The Absurd Paradise

You need a new set Brosef
 

scav

MH's Most Passionate Member
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2010
Messages
11,919
Reaction score
10,372
Gender
Hidden
Country
The Wall
Re: The Absurd Paradise

You're asking intensive questions!
at least im asking something, you're just posting random trololol

---------- Post added at 03:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:14 PM ----------

Who is they? :p
well the peoples who used to ask you questions and who doesn't ask anymore
 
Top