Re: The Absurd Paradise
Saving it for a doctoral dissertation.

Mongolian culture. Go![]()
Saving it for a doctoral dissertation.


Mongolian culture. Go![]()


Well, how about art meeting propaganda; an obvious example would be stuff like art from the Third Reich or other fascist countries. I still vividly remember that chapter from my art classes.Please do share what types of art do you hate?
Yeah, it is a really great list, I recommend for everyone to check out everything. Plus some new great additions. Gah, just check the seinen forum!![]()

Propaganda art is strong today as well. One of the main aspects of film is just that, there are feature films, documentaries and propaganda films. Even today, take in consideration that in my primary school we used to have propaganda films form former Yugoslavia to educate us, mind you this is 10 or so years ago, the memories were still fresh. So yeah I do not think propaganda can fully be taken away from art ... sadly.Well, how about art meeting propaganda; an obvious example would be stuff like art from the Third Reich or other fascist countries. I still vividly remember that chapter from my art classes.
That stuff is horrible in so many ways... I just hate it. : /
Lol, I wouldn't know about the greatness of those series if I hadn't read (most of) them, right?![]()


I know, like I said I was just taking the most obvious example that popped into my mind. But I can only imagine what must have been going on in many countries of the Balkans. You had some pretty rough and tough times there...Propaganda art is strong today as well. One of the main aspects of film is just that, there are feature films, documentaries and propaganda films. Even today, take in consideration that in my primary school we used to have propaganda films form former Yugoslavia to educate us, mind you this is 10 or so years ago, the memories were still fresh. So yeah I do not think propaganda can fully be taken away from art ... sadly.
Yes, I meant some of my newer ones. ^^![]()



How weak.Saving it for a doctoral dissertation.![]()
I'm saying I deserve all the credit!
---------- Post added at 07:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:27 PM ----------
That was to Nuno...didn't see there was another page![]()

We still do, we just like to play around like we are a free country. Not that the rest of world is a heavenly garden, but still, it is hypocritical to say I live in a good environment.I know, like I said I was just taking the most obvious example that popped into my mind. But I can only imagine what must have been going on in many countries of the Balkans. You had some pretty rough and tough times there...
But yeah, that's practically one face of art I will never even try tolerating.
I'm skimming the forums every now and then. But it's mostly you and Kait as solo entertainers there. I might have stumbled across some good recommendations there before.
Which brings me to another thing I would like to ask: Knowing parts of your reading list and your general reading habits I can imagine you're just like me open to most stuff, regardless of its genre or how obscure, disturbing or extravagant a series might be. Yet, I would still like to know if you have any favorite genres; especially in regards to story tone and narration? (Had been asking Kaiten the same thing many moons before...)

How weak.

Oh, I might have heard of one or the other exception before. But the vast majority isn't, so that's reassuring. : )Well, at least anime/manga are never propaganda tools right?![]()
Wow, that's a very nice and thorough answer. Quite nicely rounded up, me gusta!I am fully open when it comes to reading, a series being disturbing and obscure adds to the overall quality of the series and it takes nothing away, I hate slow, cliche stuff. And favorite genre? Well it has to have a lot of mystery in it, the overall plot, the characters, they need to be a bit absurd, for example I really love when an artists drawn people in the conventional manga way like Urasawa and Matsunaga do. I also love the realistic beauty of Inio's art. Miura and Inoue's EPICNESS does fine as well. Narattion has to be a bit slow but still not filled with chapters that do not progress the story, I like slow and steady progression. 5-10 volumes series are the best, with 1-5 coming in close second.
.I do not know how in Japan art was used for WW2, even though manga was not in it's base form then, it would have been one hell of a propaganda tool, just as Hollywood was in the USA during the war time.Oh, I might have heard of one or the other exception before. But the vast majority isn't, so that's reassuring. : )
Wow, that's a very nice and thorough answer. Quite nicely rounded up, me gusta!
I can relate to most things you mention.
Thanks for the insight!

Art history, wanted to do directing and acting, though I hope to go for that in another country, since conditions for that here are low. If I can as a free choice I may also pick literature. The thing is I wanted a general art collage, but here things work differently. :/So what's your Major in Uni, Jos? Have you ever considered a career in journalism? for a bookworm, it's a good career path.
VOTE MY PRETTIES, VOTE!!!!
I've already been asked everything and answered everything that everyone wants to know?why there is no traffic in that thread?

He's a catch. Stop trolling. He's the man.so they don't find you attractive anymore?
You're asking intensive questions!stahp spamming, nobody is trolling here except you
Who is they?so they don't find you attractive anymore?

Thanks.He's a catch. Stop trolling. He's the man.


at least im asking something, you're just posting random trolololYou're asking intensive questions!
well the peoples who used to ask you questions and who doesn't ask anymoreWho is they?![]()
Indeed, ideas?You need a new set Brosef
They still love me.well the peoples who used to ask you questions and who doesn't ask anymore
