Because I got HIGH~ :gnut

Josef

Dank Trump
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2010
Messages
10,103
Reaction score
4,938
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: A Meeting of MoeMen <3

Episode 11 started my whole point of view. :XD

Maybe it's good that it has different interpretations, but sometimes I doubt even the author noticed how far he went with it, or is it just me seeing stuff where it must not be seen. :p
 

Lawl Po Bia

The OMO King
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 18, 2010
Messages
11,478
Reaction score
14,406
Country
Japan
Re: A Meeting of MoeMen <3

What really impresses me in this thread that for the first time in my Mh life I am not in the pairing list. wtf.
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: A Meeting of MoeMen <3

Episode 11 started my whole point of view. :XD

Maybe it's good that it has different interpretations, but sometimes I doubt even the author noticed how far he went with it, or is it just me seeing stuff where it must not be seen. :p
That's what I meant :XD I would appreciate a more down-to-earth view and rating xD

---------- Post added at 07:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:29 PM ----------

What really impresses me in this thread that for the first time in my Mh life I am not in the pairing list. wtf.
Pairing you and Josef is too much of a crack pairing.

Sometimes I have to go offline because of it... :XD
So bad? :XD
 

Josef

Dank Trump
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2010
Messages
10,103
Reaction score
4,938
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: A Meeting of MoeMen <3

What really impresses me in this thread that for the first time in my Mh life I am not in the pairing list. wtf.
I do not swing that way. :derp
 

MiyamotoMusashi

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 5, 2012
Messages
3,706
Reaction score
2,315
Gender
Hidden
Country
Marine Headquarters
Re: A Meeting of MoeMen <3

[Philosophy intensifies]
Maybe i am mistaken but i remember you having a similar understanding of FZ as me, namely the underlying nihilistic nature of it
 

Josef

Dank Trump
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2010
Messages
10,103
Reaction score
4,938
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: A Meeting of MoeMen <3

That's what I meant :XD I would appreciate a more down-to-earth view and rating xD

---------- Post added at 07:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:29 PM ----------



Pairing you and Josef is too much of a crack pairing.



So bad? :XD
You there is a point where philosophers are blamed for OVER intellectualizing things. Like in religion, philosophers try to justify it, yet religion needs to be EXPERIENCED. Which itself is a philosophy lol. :XD So we are in the circle once more.

But I get you that you perhaps want to enjoy the anime for what it is, enjoy the ride is better than talking about how the ride went. :P

---------- Post added at 07:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:33 PM ----------

Maybe i am mistaken but i remember you having a similar understanding of FZ as me, namely the underlying nihilistic nature of it
Well I think I missed that in Kiritsugu, since he was basically that. But it has more to do with knowing the author, all in all he likes to play with the characters.
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: A Meeting of MoeMen <3

we deserve a chance :scry
I fear that's Josef's decision dude

You there is a point where philosophers are blamed for OVER intellectualizing things. Like in religion, philosophers try to justify it, yet religion needs to be EXPERIENCED. Which itself is a philosophy lol. :XD So we are in the circle once more.

But I get you that you perhaps want to enjoy the anime for what it is, enjoy the ride is better than talking about how the ride went. :P
[Philosophy intensifies²]

Talking about and discussing a work actually is a lot of fun, I simply mean that you can talk about more simplistic stuff too, like animation, music, the story in general and the characters. Everything you said basically comes down to "Each character represents a political view (lots of explanation), was cool" :XD so yeah, I prefer a more down-to-earth discussion, instead of going hardcore analyzing :P
 

MiyamotoMusashi

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 5, 2012
Messages
3,706
Reaction score
2,315
Gender
Hidden
Country
Marine Headquarters
Re: A Meeting of MoeMen <3

You there is a point where philosophers are blamed for OVER intellectualizing things. Like in religion, philosophers try to justify it, yet religion needs to be EXPERIENCED. Which itself is a philosophy lol. :XD So we are in the circle once more.

But I get you that you perhaps want to enjoy the anime for what it is, enjoy the ride is better than talking about how the ride went. :P

---------- Post added at 07:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:33 PM ----------



Well I think I missed that in Kiritsugu, since he was basically that. But it has more to do with knowing the author, all in all he likes to play with the characters.
It is obviously justified, considering how purposely complicated they try to be (cue Kant and Nietzsche) but many simply forget that philosophy covers everything regarding human life itself, so the concepts should not be as alien as the term "philosophy" insinuates them to be, especially since philosophy somewhat became a mystified term itself.
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: A Meeting of MoeMen <3

Maybe i am mistaken but i remember you having a similar understanding of FZ as me, namely the underlying nihilistic nature of it
Yeah not wrong, but even then that's nothing I would like to discuss in too much detail. Philosophy is fine and all, but I don't want to deduce every possible view and message the creator(s) possibly want to deliver, too abstract for my taste if taken too far.
 

MiyamotoMusashi

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 5, 2012
Messages
3,706
Reaction score
2,315
Gender
Hidden
Country
Marine Headquarters
Re: A Meeting of MoeMen <3

I fear that's Josef's decision dude



[Philosophy intensifies²]

Talking about and discussing a work actually is a lot of fun, I simply mean that you can talk about more simplistic stuff too, like animation, music, the story in general and the characters. Everything you said basically comes down to "Each character represents a political view (lots of explanation), was cool" :XD so yeah, I prefer a more down-to-earth discussion, instead of going hardcore analyzing :P
Well, what do you want to discuss about animation or music. I reckon most if not all of us are hardly experts in those categories, so we can´t really discuss anything in depth except saying "wow, the animations is really nice, and those colors :oooh".
 

Josef

Dank Trump
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2010
Messages
10,103
Reaction score
4,938
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: A Meeting of MoeMen <3

I fear that's Josef's decision dude



[Philosophy intensifies²]

Talking about and discussing a work actually is a lot of fun, I simply mean that you can talk about more simplistic stuff too, like animation, music, the story in general and the characters. Everything you said basically comes down to "Each character represents a political view (lots of explanation), was cool" :XD so yeah, I prefer a more down-to-earth discussion, instead of going hardcore analyzing :P
I like all Slavic people to a degree niichan, lawly is one of them. He is slavbro with Maz and me. :hip

Yeah, it was perhaps that I related to some of the characters, in both ways, I had a deep feeling of connection to ones and had a deep feeling of hatred for the others, Kiritsugu scenes made me cry, while Kirei scenes made me rage. So if not a philosophical, I can always try to give it a more psychological view as well. :XD

It is obviously justified, considering how purposely complicated they try to be (cue Kant and Nietzsche) but many simply forget that philosophy covers everything regarding human life itself, so the concepts should not be as alien as the term "philosophy" insinuates them to be, especially since philosophy somewhat became a mystified term itself.
If life is complicated, the discipline that tries to solve life HAS to be complicated. By saying philosophy is not complicated, is saying life is not complicated, and people cry to often about how life is complicated.
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: A Meeting of MoeMen <3

Well, what do you want to discuss about animation or music. I reckon most if not all of us are hardly experts in those categories, so we can´t really discuss anything in depth except saying "wow, the animations is really nice, and those colors :oooh".
but we are experts in philosophy? :XD

---------- Post added at 07:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:46 PM ----------

I like all Slavic people to a degree niichan, lawly is one of them. He is slavbro with Maz and me. :hip

Yeah, it was perhaps that I related to some of the characters, in both ways, I had a deep feeling of connection to ones and had a deep feeling of hatred for the others, Kiritsugu scenes made me cry, while Kirei scenes made me rage. So if not a philosophical, I can always try to give it a more psychological view as well. :XD
All the slavic people? Wow that's a high amount :XD

Now that's more like what I want to hear/talk about :nod Psychology for me is what's philosophy to you I guess XD
 

MiyamotoMusashi

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 5, 2012
Messages
3,706
Reaction score
2,315
Gender
Hidden
Country
Marine Headquarters
Re: A Meeting of MoeMen <3

I like all Slavic people to a degree niichan, lawly is one of them. He is slavbro with Maz and me. :hip

Yeah, it was perhaps that I related to some of the characters, in both ways, I had a deep feeling of connection to ones and had a deep feeling of hatred for the others, Kiritsugu scenes made me cry, while Kirei scenes made me rage. So if not a philosophical, I can always try to give it a more psychological view as well. :XD



If life is complicated, the discipline that tries to solve life HAS to be complicated. By saying philosophy is not complicated, is saying life is not complicated, and people cry to often about how life is complicated.
Well, gotta distinguish though, the content can be complicated, the style on the other hand should not be, and that´s something both of the guys above simply ignored. Kant even said iirc that philosophy should be only understandable to the intellectual elite.

but we are experts in philosophy? :XD
Well, to a certain degree at least, since it is part of my study + one of my few hobbies
 

Josef

Dank Trump
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2010
Messages
10,103
Reaction score
4,938
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: A Meeting of MoeMen <3

but we are experts in philosophy? :XD

---------- Post added at 07:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:46 PM ----------



All the slavic people? Wow that's a high amount :XD

Now that's more like what I want to hear/talk about :nod Psychology for me is what's philosophy to you I guess XD
:hi5

Well I think I did drop out of my analysis the psychological parts, like the relationship between Kiritsugu and his daughter and wife, the relationship between Saber and Iri, the relationship between Tokiomi and Kirei, in which Kirei was masochist at first, liked begin bossed around, but Archer's words turned him upside down.

There was also Kariya and Sakura, Kariya and his father, lot's of mommy and daddy complexes for sure, Kiritsugu and his dad.

Well, gotta distinguish though, the content can be complicated, the style on the other hand should not be, and that´s something both of the guys above simply ignored. Kant even said iirc that philosophy should be only understandable to the intellectual elite.



Well, to a certain degree at least, since it is part of my study + one of my few hobbies
You want philosophy to be available to "the people"?

I do think Hegel said that education is the art of making mankind more ethical, and most enlightenment thinkers were all about educating the masses, as well as religions were all "spreading the word". But of course Plato, Kant, Nietzsche were all "snobbish" in regard that philosophy is for some chosen few.
 

MiyamotoMusashi

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Apr 5, 2012
Messages
3,706
Reaction score
2,315
Gender
Hidden
Country
Marine Headquarters
Re: A Meeting of MoeMen <3

:hi5

Well I think I did drop out of my analysis the psychological parts, like the relationship between Kiritsugu and his daughter and wife, the relationship between Saber and Iri, the relationship between Tokiomi and Kirei, in which Kirei was masochist at first, liked begin bossed around, but Archer's words turned him upside down.

There was also Kariya and Sakura, Kariya and his father, lot's of mommy and daddy complexes for sure, Kiritsugu and his dad.



You want philosophy to be available to "the people"?

I do think Hegel said that education is the art of making mankind more ethical, and most enlightenment thinkers were all about educating the masses, as well as religions were all "spreading the word". But of course Plato, Kant, Nietzsche were all "snobbish" in regard that philosophy is for some chosen few.
Well, at least regarding "understanding stuff". If i think of all the people who were sighing when confronted with the complicated structures
 
Top