Shounen Beck by Sakuishi Harold

Crevette

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Mar 20, 2007
Messages
6
Reaction score
18
Gender
Male
Country
France
thanks to Baboysai!!!
I just hope you are wrong and the manga will continue....
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
How do you think the manga will continue, crevette? I'd like to hear other speculations as well. ^^
 

Epul

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 21, 2006
Messages
1,858
Reaction score
17
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Malaysia
I'm with baboysai in this one... I think the manga is gonna end soon....I think most of the conflicts have been resolved by the author...koyuki has made up with Maho, Chiba and koyuki are good friends again...and it seems that the matter with Leon sykes has also been resolved... I think this all points to that the end of the manga is near.....Koyuki will play Eddie Lee's last song and Beck will finally have worldwide recognition they so deserve! Go BECK!!! :XD
 

Crayola

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 9, 2007
Messages
1,195
Reaction score
1,886
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
United States
apparently, the manga is in its final stage, which people think is the end, but it supposedly is just the name for the third arc which might be the last arc for all we know
 

Houjou

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 17, 2007
Messages
1,177
Reaction score
332
Gender
Hidden
Country
Mongolia
Another arc after Avalon's would be great enough to end with the series.
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
I think an arc is too long. I mean, what's more to fill that arc? the band's future, or a few years after, and taking a look at what each of them are doing are all enough in one epilogue chapter, I think.
 

Emery

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 20, 2006
Messages
549
Reaction score
194
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
Well, the new arc after Avalon fest is dealing with their success and them recording a new album... small spoiler for you kids, I guess. :S

But, yeah, BECK is definitely gearing up for the end. I can't say for sure how long this new arc will be.
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Well another arc is good news, I guess. ^^ Thanks for the 'spoiler' Emery!
 

Pirulito

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 28, 2007
Messages
3,346
Reaction score
726
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I can´t hardly wait to next chapter.

I think an small arc to introduce a little the success that Beck gonna gain will happen. It´s gonna be like a taste for us.
 

Heiji-sama

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
End :
Harold Sakuishi / Beck / Kodansha, Gekkan Shônen Magazine #07 (05/06).
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
What does that mean, Heiji?
 

Alan Smithee

Manga Editor
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2006
Messages
319
Reaction score
119
Age
42
Gender
Female
Country
United Kingdom
I think it means that Beck is ending in the may/june issue (#7) of monthly shonen magazine. I would like to know the source of this but somehow I feel that it is true things.

As long as it ends well I will be happy, the guys have been struggling for so long now I just want it to go out on a good high.
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
What is the final chapter number, btw? I don't know how far behind the scans are, but Emery has mentioned another arc still to come after avalon.
 

barbapapa

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2005
Messages
1,189
Reaction score
127
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
The final chapter should be 100-something (34 volumes total).
Heiji-sama's sources are pretty solid, though.

All I can say is: FINALLY!
This manga hasn't been good for years imo, and they just kept dragging it out...
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Then the scans are just a few years behind. It was only right to end it at that. Glorious, if I say so myself. Turn-off if they stretched it any more than that.

EDIT! Thanks for pointing that out, allan! I meant chapters, instead of years hahahaha. It's because I read barpapa's post with the "years" in it. :shakefist
 
Last edited:

Alan Smithee

Manga Editor
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2006
Messages
319
Reaction score
119
Age
42
Gender
Female
Country
United Kingdom
The scans are only a few months behind, not years! I think that the final chapter will be 101 just guessing based on the last raw being 99 this months issue being 100 and then the may issue should have chapter 101 in it.
I think it'll only go to volume 33 not volume 34.

I think it's good to wrap it up now, there was no place Beck could've gone except for up after the whole Avalon thing. I'm just glad that Phase3 maintained their stance and kept working with tank scans all the way to the end.
 

barbapapa

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2005
Messages
1,189
Reaction score
127
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
Ah yes, 33 seems about right.
 

Emery

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 20, 2006
Messages
549
Reaction score
194
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
How would it wrap at ch.101? That would be like... the beginning of volume 34, unless it was included into volume 33 (which would make the book around 265 pages, which doesn't happen very often...)

Either way, I'm okay with it ending soon. Sakuishi never dissapoints. I'm sure the ending will be amazing.
 

Houjou

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 17, 2007
Messages
1,177
Reaction score
332
Gender
Hidden
Country
Mongolia
NO, please, no...

Really sad Beck is ending so soon, but I suppose we've got enough of it... I loved this series, one of my top favourites.

By the way, if the chapter 99 was in the issue #3, shouldn't the issue #7 contain the chapter 103, instead of 101? I'm sure I'm forgetting something so just tell me :P

Thanks for the info, Heiji.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Alan Smithee

Manga Editor
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2006
Messages
319
Reaction score
119
Age
42
Gender
Female
Country
United Kingdom
If it was issue #3 then you would be right damnz, I had the issue numbers wrong in my mind, it'd make more sense for it to end at the end of volume 34 as opposed to having a super long volume 33 at any rate.
 
Top