Shounen Beck by Sakuishi Harold

Epul

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 21, 2006
Messages
1,858
Reaction score
17
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Malaysia
Re: Beck Manga Discussion

I have also started a topic at the Manga Editor central under Edited Manga request to request anyone in MH who would be interested in doing a BECK Edited Manga. I hope this helps. You bakasijinsan, can you give me the link to your thread, can't seem to find it.....
 

bakashijinsan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 20, 2006
Messages
1,660
Reaction score
9
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Re: Beck Manga Discussion

Epul said:
I have also started a topic at the Manga Editor central under Edited Manga request to request anyone in MH who would be interested in doing a BECK Edited Manga. I hope this helps. You bakasijinsan, can you give me the link to your thread, can't seem to find it.....

i posted it on Manga Recommendation Thread
I don't want to create a new thread for recommending Beck since GK already made thus thread for that specific purpose.
Can't help but feel that you're aggravated or something the way you said my name :blink


Shouji said:
where you guys getting trasnslations or scalations , i read only until chapter 80
Sadly that's the latest chapter scanlated as of the moment. that's why we're appealing to any translator to transalte the raws so that we can have it distributed. Maybe you know someone willing to translate. I'd be willing to clean (though not HQ) and typeset the script. :amuse[br]Posted on: February 08, 2007, 07:15:26 AM_________________________________________________Saku's training in Osaka is turning out to be hillarious! :rofl
Who would have thought, he would need to do those exercises for perfecting his drumming skills!

I got a question
how the hell did leon sykes knew that "Devil's Way" existed? As far as I understood the story, he just mentioned that he knew that there was an unfinished song composed by Eddie Lee.


*checks downloads*

Ok! time for Beck anime!
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Re: Beck Manga Discussion

yo i've just been to BECK forums- it seems there hasn't been much activity either. The last decent post out of manga translations and Edited Mangas dates back October 2006 or something. There have been recent posts last January about closing the site: beckfansite that is. However they said the forums would stay. It's just that there hasn't been any activity at all.
 

jacoobus

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 12, 2006
Messages
55
Reaction score
9
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Beck Manga Discussion

There have been a bunch of bots tearing up those forums recently so activity is way down even from what it was before. However there is a group of fans from there who I believe are putting a release together of ch81. They are usuing Chinese raws bec they couldn't find a Japanese translator but it's better than nothing at all. Here's a link to a sample they put out about a week or so ago....

http://rapidshare.com/files/14335727/Beck_81__137_155.rar.html

As far as all the questions about the story and the raws I will explain as much as I can. I don't read Japanese at all but I've looked over the scans many times and alot can be taken from just the pics. No guarantee's but I don't deduce anything without it being relatively obvious.

First of all Leon knew about Devil's Way for two reasons. One is that he had a gut feeling about it. Honestly a musician like Eddie was more than likely to have written a couple songs that he never got to record. Second is that sketchy info he had that a musucian named Willie Renoir knew that Eddie had left behind a song. Basically he just went on his gut feeling and then when he found out about the missing Guitar from Eddie's family he knew generally how to look.

Another thing I though I'd mention is that If you haven't noticed is that Victor Slater was just acting sick and playing Leon for the fool this whole time. His son was also just acting like a weakling. Leon seems to be in a very tough spot right now.

Ran is now totally powerless to stop them. When I say totally I fucking mean he has no say whatsoever. Right now Ray is meeting privately with Victor Slater, who according to Wayne Bridges is basically the most powerful man in the industry. This means he's WAY above Ran and also above his boss that president Kurata sob. It's likely though that Slater has ties to Kurata, which is why Ran says he has connections in America. This means Ray will have to convince Slater that they're a good enough band for him to forgo his dealing with Kurata in order to let them play. And in Slater's view a "good" band is probably one that sells well.

Lastly, about Koyuki and Maho. I don't think anyone has mentioned yet how Maho fucked Norman up. Didn't anyone notice that when Norman went to see Koyuki about Maho and how depressed she was his wrist was bandaged. If you look at ch.87 while they're talking on the train at first it looks like Maho asks Koyuki how he found her, he says something about Norman coming to see him and she acts all surprised. Then she says somehting about while she was in NYC and they show a clip of her busting out that move she did on Wayne bridges, then there is a pic of Norman's wrist all bandaged. lolz.
 

Epul

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 21, 2006
Messages
1,858
Reaction score
17
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Malaysia
Re: Beck Manga Discussion

bakashijinsan said:
i posted it on Manga Recommendation Thread
I don't want to create a new thread for recommending Beck since GK already made thus thread for that specific purpose.
Can't help but feel that you're aggravated or something the way you said my name :blink
Hehehe sorry! it's just typing error :). what i meant to say is "yo bakashijinsan" sorry if I have offended you...[br]Posted on: February 09, 2007, 08:36:45 AM_________________________________________________
jacoobus said:
There have been a bunch of bots tearing up those forums recently so activity is way down even from what it was before. However there is a group of fans from there who I believe are putting a release together of ch81. They are usuing Chinese raws bec they couldn't find a Japanese translator but it's better than nothing at all. Here's a link to a sample they put out about a week or so ago....

http://rapidshare.com/files/14335727/Beck_81__137_155.rar.html

As far as all the questions about the story and the raws I will explain as much as I can. I don't read Japanese at all but I've looked over the scans many times and alot can be taken from just the pics. No guarantee's but I don't deduce anything without it being relatively obvious.

First of all Leon knew about Devil's Way for two reasons. One is that he had a gut feeling about it. Honestly a musician like Eddie was more than likely to have written a couple songs that he never got to record. Second is that sketchy info he had that a musucian named Willie Renoir knew that Eddie had left behind a song. Basically he just went on his gut feeling and then when he found out about the missing Guitar from Eddie's family he knew generally how to look.

Another thing I though I'd mention is that If you haven't noticed is that Victor Slater was just acting sick and playing Leon for the fool this whole time. His son was also just acting like a weakling. Leon seems to be in a very tough spot right now.

Ran is now totally powerless to stop them. When I say totally I fucking mean he has no say whatsoever. Right now Ray is meeting privately with Victor Slater, who according to Wayne Bridges is basically the most powerful man in the industry. This means he's WAY above Ran and also above his boss that president Kurata sob. It's likely though that Slater has ties to Kurata, which is why Ran says he has connections in America. This means Ray will have to convince Slater that they're a good enough band for him to forgo his dealing with Kurata in order to let them play. And in Slater's view a "good" band is probably one that sells well.

Lastly, about Koyuki and Maho. I don't think anyone has mentioned yet how Maho fucked Norman up. Didn't anyone notice that when Norman went to see Koyuki about Maho and how depressed she was his wrist was bandaged. If you look at ch.87 while they're talking on the train at first it looks like Maho asks Koyuki how he found her, he says something about Norman coming to see him and she acts all surprised. Then she says somehting about while she was in NYC and they show a clip of her busting out that move she did on Wayne bridges, then there is a pic of Norman's wrist all bandaged. lolz.
Thanks for the info jacoobus! I am gonna go check out the link you gave. At last... a translated chapter 81! :)
 

jacoobus

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 12, 2006
Messages
55
Reaction score
9
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Beck Manga Discussion

I said it was a sample and I meant it. It's only the first few pages.
 

Epul

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 21, 2006
Messages
1,858
Reaction score
17
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Malaysia
Re: Beck Manga Discussion

Yeah I had a look. Did they say when they are releasing the full version?
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Re: Beck Manga Discussion

jacoobus said:
There have been a bunch of bots tearing up those forums recently so activity is way down even from what it was before. However there is a group of fans from there who I believe are putting a release together of ch81.

http://rapidshare.com/files/14335727/Beck_81__137_155.rar.html
How did you come upon this though? and yeah, i think there are more chinese translators out there. I noticed that a lot of groups use chinese raws.
 

jacoobus

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 12, 2006
Messages
55
Reaction score
9
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Beck Manga Discussion

It's on the beckfansite forum if you look around. Anyways I believe they're working on the full version but I have no idea as to the progress thus far.
 

bakashijinsan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 20, 2006
Messages
1,660
Reaction score
9
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Re: Beck Manga Discussion

baboysai said:
yo i've just been to BECK forums- it seems there hasn't been much activity either. The last decent post out of manga translations and Edited Mangas dates back October 2006 or something. There have been recent posts last January about closing the site: beckfansite that is. However they said the forums would stay. It's just that there hasn't been any activity at all.
WTF! They're closing the site? That would mean a drop on the popularity of the series. We must persevere!

Epul said:
Hehehe sorry! it's just typing error :). what i meant to say is "yo bakashijinsan" sorry if I have offended you...[br]Posted on: February 09, 2007, 08:36:45 AM_________________________________________________Thanks for the info jacoobus! I am gonna go check out the link you gave. At last... a translated chapter 81! :)
No problem there. I knew it was a mistake and I wanted to make a joke out of it but didn't come out just as fine as it was in my head.

hey jacoobus, thanks for the update so far. At least they seem to have the upperhand now. :amuse
 

jacoobus

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 12, 2006
Messages
55
Reaction score
9
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Beck Manga Discussion

We don't really know what the situation for Avalon will be for sure until we know what Ryusuke and Victor Slater have been talking about for the last few chapters. Slater will probably make things difficult somehow, otherwise there wouldnt be enough conflict.
 

Epul

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 21, 2006
Messages
1,858
Reaction score
17
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Malaysia
Re: Beck Manga Discussion

Yeah i agree with you there and it seems
Kouyuki and maho have made up now and the problem with kouyuki and Chiba is now settled
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Re: Beck Manga Discussion

yeah I mean, I'm saying that
Avalon will be the climax, where all unresolved issues will be brought up, and all hell will break loose. But they're gonna make it, and that'll be the end of the manga-
that's my prediction.
 

bakashijinsan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 20, 2006
Messages
1,660
Reaction score
9
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Re: Beck Manga Discussion

Epul said:
Yeah i agree with you there and it seems
Kouyuki and maho have made up now and the problem with kouyuki and Chiba is now settled
That's good! Maybe I should start reading the raws and get some context clues out of the pictures.

baboysai said:
yeah I mean, I'm saying that
Avalon will be the climax, where all unresolved issues will be brought up, and all hell will break loose. But they're gonna make it, and that'll be the end of the manga-
that's my prediction.
I believe this would be the proper ending for this series. Like how superheroes are beaten up first then retaliates with full force!
 

jacoobus

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 12, 2006
Messages
55
Reaction score
9
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Beck Manga Discussion

I disagree with Avalon being the end of the manga. A manga about a Rock band should include the period of time during which they're succesful. None of you seem to acknowledge that success itself can be a problem and can bring lots of conflict, making for a good story. Beck will have a whole new list of issues once they have fame and money. Harold is already preparing us for this by building up a rivalry with Powergate. I don't see Beck ending anytime soon. If it ends at Avalon it would feel like a cop-out to me. I want to know the whole story.
 

Epul

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 21, 2006
Messages
1,858
Reaction score
17
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Malaysia
Re: Beck Manga Discussion

I would also like to make a prediction,
Kouyuki will be a rock superstar one day. Remember one of BECK manager who recently had a baby?( can't seem to remember the manager's name though ><) wanted to name his baby with a rockstar name? he named the baby kouyuki! I see it as a hint by the mangaka that kouyuki and BECK will be famous one day, maybe even more famous than eddie lee and Dying Breed!
 

jacoobus

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Dec 12, 2006
Messages
55
Reaction score
9
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: Beck Manga Discussion

Exactly my point. The manga won't end until Beck has joined the company of the rock stars in the dream. Avalon won't get them there but it's the first really big step.
 

Epul

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 21, 2006
Messages
1,858
Reaction score
17
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Malaysia
Re: Beck Manga Discussion

Well, all these means only one thing, we have more BECK to look forward to in the future! Now if only we can get our hands on a translated BECk manga......(on my knees and praying to god)
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
Re: Beck Manga Discussion

jacoobus said:
I disagree with Avalon being the end of the manga. A manga about a Rock band should include the period of time during which they're succesful. None of you seem to acknowledge that success itself can be a problem and can bring lots of conflict, making for a good story.
Well, it's just coz I think Harold has already shown enough "ups" for the band. That's just what I think. over and out.
 

bakashijinsan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 20, 2006
Messages
1,660
Reaction score
9
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
Re: Beck Manga Discussion

You all got a point there, not ending Beck in Avalon. But I would have to diasagree with going on further to the story where Beck would be famous and all. beck has been going on too long and I believe Harold has been infusing into us the theme "stand-up-and-be-known-throughout-the-world-even-though-bitches-and-asses-are-there-to-stop-you"

If at any rate, the band will be know worldwide, I think it'd be just an epilogue chapter, where maybe Baby Koyuki (the baby named after Yuki) would be all grown up and be proud that his name was taken from a very famous rock musician.

I'm actually seeing the story building up for the "climax" (which is Beck getting their "break") and then the denoument follows then the conclusion.
 
Top