Shounen - Beck by Sakuishi Harold | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Shounen Beck by Sakuishi Harold

mageofdeath

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
[bax]First post edited to include info of the manga[/bax]

Title : Beck (ベック)
Mangaka : Sakuishi Harold
Original Publisher : Kondansha
Serialized by : Monthly Shounen Magazine
Genre : Shounen, Drama, Comedy

Short Summary

For the first 14 years of his life, Yukio Tanaka has been one heck of a boring guy. He has no hobbies, weak taste in music, and only a small vestige of a personality. He yearns for an exciting life, but his shy, and somewhat neurotic personality make him his own worst enemy. Little does he know that his life will be forever changed when he meets Ryusuke Minami, a wild and unpredictable 16-year old fresh from America, who happens to be in a rock-and-roll band named after his Frankenstein-like patched dog--Beck.

Group Editing

Volume 01 to Volume 20 -- Mangascreener & MangaONE
Volume 21 to Volume 23 -- MangaONE
Volume 24 to Volume 25 -- MangaONE & Mongolian Chop Scans
Volume 26 -- Mongolian Chop Scans & Flux
Volume 27, Chapter 079 -- Flux

Download Sources

#lurk on IRCHighway
● #lurk on IRC. Get the packet listings here

#mangaone on IRCRizon

Mongolian Chop Scans website located here

More on BECK-MCS website located here

Members' Contribution

By Roocketman
Beck Chapter 81 RAW (RS) | (SS) | (TU) | (GS) | (MU)

Reference : MangaUpdates

well Volume 25 has been released RAW on tokyotosho, so I guess it would be ok to talk about the new volume here, and what's going to happen in the manga...
personally I think the snoop dogg looking character is funny, but we need some translations soon, I believe his name is doggy, or dog...

shoked

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Re: Beck Manga Discussion

what about getting links of where to download the volumes before the 25.

Miso

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany

Beck in general is a really kickass manga. I love it how the character of Koyuki develops and how the band grow together.
Unfortunately I haven't read volume 25 yet - I'm only till volume 23.

@shoked: You can get the earlier volumes per direct download here or with E2DK here.

devo

Reaction score

The latest scans are available at www.beckfansite.com...when it goes back up, that is.

The group that's currently scanning it, MCS, does a great job but is a bit slow because they're shorthanded.

shoked

Reaction score

yeah, i think that i had those releases in my site but just feeling lazy to use ftp... anyway i saw the anime and i was omg i want to see what is going to happen next but as others anime in order to see them further... you need to see the manga. :( and thanks to the people that make mangas... they do it interesting...hehehe

devo

Reaction score

Haha, yeah, I didn't even realize the manga went beyond the anime until about six months after watching the final episode. When I began reading the newest chapters, I became pretty annoyed that the anime basically summed up an entire volume in a couple of minutes.

Though, the ending with Beck performing at that famous venue in Seattle was pretty cool.

shoked

Reaction score

lol kurt cobain rules at the end of the anime ...hehehe those who know about 1994 or the best 90's band know about him.

fremeer

Reaction score
Country
Australia

nirvana is cool but way to fanboyed. sonic youth were sooo much better

mageofdeath

Reaction score
Country
United States

74 LQ is finished but just waiting on the ok for release, its a good chapter, I've read it in japanese (well the hiragana that I can read anyway) the whole volume is pretty good and builds up a lot of hype around leadership of the band and were they are headed...

shoked

Reaction score

well, maybe i havent found that info yet but i really would like to know the real name of the bands whjo has made the sountrackt of this serie on the anime.......i was checking some tabs but it does nor says too much ...my hand wants to play the guitar right away but i am on my job.

mageofdeath

Reaction score
Country
United States

shoked said:
well, maybe i havent found that info yet but i really would like to know the real name of the bands whjo has made the sountrackt of this serie on the anime.......i was checking some tabs but it does nor says too much ...my hand wants to play the guitar right away but i am on my job.
I think there are some tabs on beckfansite.com have you checked there?

shoked

Reaction score

yeap that is the site that i check and LOL to my friends when i was playing I've got a feeling (i did not know all the lirics so i will get it somewhere)

thanks mageofdeath anyway and if you know from a plce where can i get i ve got a feeling koyuki version just let me know from the site with the mp3 or something i would like to heard it completly... i know that it is on episode 24 frommthe anime but i would like to heard it completly without cuts and people talking like hey they rules...LOL

shoked

Reaction score

thanks it will help a lot and i also find other links that has different versions of the music...omg i cant decide which one is better... well, i still like ive got a feeling from koyuki version.[br]Posted at: March 28, 2006, 03:10:29 PM_________________________________________________the chapter 74 and 75 are not out yet just the raw
i read it at http://www.beck-mcs.org/?page=scans

devo

Reaction score

Surprised this hasn't been posted yet.

The Edited Manga group MCS released Volume 25 over at www.beckfansite.com a week ago. Very high quality release, check it out.

shoked

Reaction score

can you make me a favor... can someone upload chapter 74 and then 75 using megaupload? some direct download links on beckfanstie does not work for me well, i havent tried at my home but i have almost no time to try thats the reason.

ensngre

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Sweden

Uh. Beck isn't even Seinen?

mageofdeath

Reaction score
Country
United States

yay, the raw for the new volume is out on tokyo tosho, if I have time I may up the first chapter via rapidshare...