Shounen Beck by Sakuishi Harold

Epul

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 21, 2006
Messages
1,858
Reaction score
17
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Malaysia
Yes!!!!! yahoo!!!! ch86!!! Phase 3 is the best!!! :jbya
 

monkeydluffysj

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Dec 16, 2006
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
Volume 30 has been released in Japan. Has anyone seen any Raws?
 

Houjou

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 17, 2007
Messages
1,177
Reaction score
332
Gender
Hidden
Country
Mongolia
Is Koyuki never gonna learn english?! It's getting bored that he doesn't understand anything... he's over 16-17-18 years old, man, he should know to understand and speak english...
 

xpierrex

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Apr 13, 2007
Messages
10
Reaction score
1
Gender
Male
Country
France
he's more than 17 years old, he's like 20+ now... and yeah when the hell he will be able to learn and talk english properly ? :)
Beck is a great serie ! i'm dreaming a day of some fast trad japanese-to-english for the last chapters ^^
 

Houjou

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 17, 2007
Messages
1,177
Reaction score
332
Gender
Hidden
Country
Mongolia
he's more than 17 years old, he's like 20+ now... and yeah when the hell he will be able to learn and talk english properly ? :)
Beck is a great serie ! i'm dreaming a day of some fast trad japanese-to-english for the last chapters ^^
More than 20?! And he can't understand/speak english?!

I'm spanish and I could speak and understand english when I was 13...

Sakuishi should think about Maho giving him lessons or something, I'm tired of seeing Saku and Koyuki not understanding anything of what english people says...
 

vaiowega

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Aug 5, 2006
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
France
silly...

let's see if you will be able to understand japanese in three years if you start now... <_<
 

xpierrex

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Apr 13, 2007
Messages
10
Reaction score
1
Gender
Male
Country
France
silly...

let's see if you will be able to understand japanese in three years if you start now... <_<
all japanese people learn english at school. Not to be able to understand a word is quite deep...
 

Houjou

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 17, 2007
Messages
1,177
Reaction score
332
Gender
Hidden
Country
Mongolia
Do not compare Japanese with English... English is the most universal and expanded language in the planet...

And, by the way, at least, I've been studying japenese for two years (and still studying) and if I come across with somebody who speaks japenese and don't understand him I just would say "Hey, speak slowly, please" or "I barely speak japanese" or something like that (in japanese).

Koyuki is a great character, but he seems stupid when somebody speaks english to him and he don't even say "I don't understand" or something like that... don't you think it?
He just let people speak fast and then say goodbye without haven't understood anything, he seems a completely idiot, man :S
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
I guess he (koyuki) never really expected that a lot of english would be involved with him in a year's time or something. And even then, a lot of asians find it really hard to learn and integrate the english language with their lives. Take Jackie Chan for example. He still doesn't speak straight english. -_-

and yay. chap. 86 FTW!!
 

bakashijinsan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 20, 2006
Messages
1,660
Reaction score
9
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
I think it's a running pun that Koyuki doesn't understand most of the English words. Also, he dropped out of school when he was in high school. him not understanding English maybe an effect of that.

Koyuki not understanding English makes him somewhat cool (in my opinion) in such a way that a non-english speaker can make it big in English speaking countries like America. I mean his character was supposed to be like that--somewhat an innocent (say ignorant to an extent) looking boy who'll be shocking the world with his musical talents.
 

deni_deni

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jul 6, 2006
Messages
29
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: Beck Manga Discussion

sonic youth is from early 80's.
nirvana also. kurt cobain started the band circa 1986 or 1987.
 

Sarmad

Intl Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 12, 2006
Messages
591
Reaction score
30
Gender
Male
Country
United Nations
where can i get the Raws? Currently searching for 87-xx
 

Houjou

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 17, 2007
Messages
1,177
Reaction score
332
Gender
Hidden
Country
Mongolia
There's a specific thread for requesting raws but anyway.

In the website Beck-MCS.org you can find the raws from 87 to the last one (92 at the moment) ;)

(but they always remove the raw when its scan is released, so get it quick!)
 

Sarmad

Intl Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 12, 2006
Messages
591
Reaction score
30
Gender
Male
Country
United Nations
Thank you :D !

And where do i get Anime episodes? I can't find 1-9! ^^
 

Houjou

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 17, 2007
Messages
1,177
Reaction score
332
Gender
Hidden
Country
Mongolia
Subbed or raw?

Subbed I only found this torrent in Tokyotosho.

To find the anime raws is complicated, I just found the last chapter (26) anime raw in Tokyotosho too. Here's the torrent.
 

iThePirate

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 14, 2006
Messages
3,226
Reaction score
60
Gender
Male
Country
British Antarctic Territory
@ damnz that's dubbed [CW] or whatever the groups called there's a torrent with Anime-Empires subs on pirate bay

Just finished watching the BECK anime(subbed not dubbed), it was alot better than I'd first had thought.
Should have watched earlier, but was afariad it wouldn't be as good as the manga and it wasn't but it wasn't bad at all...
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
yeah it was quite well done, actually
 

iThePirate

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 14, 2006
Messages
3,226
Reaction score
60
Gender
Male
Country
British Antarctic Territory
the soundtrack was way better than expected, I was actually suprised when I heard it.
 

Houjou

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 17, 2007
Messages
1,177
Reaction score
332
Gender
Hidden
Country
Mongolia
I cried reading the manga (the chapter when Eddie...) and listening to "Moon on the water".
For me, it's the best Anime OST I've ever listened to :)
 

iThePirate

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 14, 2006
Messages
3,226
Reaction score
60
Gender
Male
Country
British Antarctic Territory
moon on the water, which version do ya prefer, Beat Crusaders, Mahos, or Koyukis?
 
Top