Shounen Beck by Sakuishi Harold

slonicsson

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
How long does it take to clean up-translate a beck chapter?
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
I'm thinking it takes twice as long as your usual chapters since beck chapters are huge, and double in page count.
 

Emery

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 20, 2006
Messages
549
Reaction score
194
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
I'm thinking it takes twice as long as your usual chapters since beck chapters are huge, and double in page count.


Double? Try 4x. Average Shonen jump chapter = 17 pages. Average Beck chapter = 68 pages.

Considering we edit out, redraw, and replace all SFX, that only adds on to the time. Wanna know the funny thing, though? It only takes us a week or less to do the actual editing, provided we have all four editors. The translation is what takes the longest. Also, we don't start on the next chapter immediately after we release one. We wait a good week or so before moving on to the next.

Nyom.
 

Pirulito

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 28, 2007
Messages
3,346
Reaction score
726
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
I sweared that the editing was what taked the longest.
 

Emery

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 20, 2006
Messages
549
Reaction score
194
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
Not in Phase 3. :D

If Shinshi and Kesubei had the time, they could knock out the entire translation in one night, but alas, they do not. They're both college students in their senior year (Hell, I am, too,) so translating manga isn't always their top priority. Everyone in the group (Except Micho) is a college student, and we have to put our education and lives before Editing manga, as I hope most Manga Editors would.

Anywho, the translation for 96 is done. It just needs to be checked. After that, I'll do the script editing, and then we'll begin editing the manga.
 

Alan Smithee

Manga Editor
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2006
Messages
319
Reaction score
119
Age
42
Gender
Female
Country
United Kingdom
Pfft! Last year of uni is by far the easiest just do what I did get in an accident apply for Extenuating Circumstances, gain some unearned credits and an extension. Bang that's you graduated! Don't try and make it sound so haaard...
 

slonicsson

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jan 22, 2006
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Do you guys know japanese or you use google to translate?
 

Alan Smithee

Manga Editor
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2006
Messages
319
Reaction score
119
Age
42
Gender
Female
Country
United Kingdom
Have you ever tried translating something using an online translator? It always comes out awful, especially from Japanese to English.

Clearly, if you have read any phase3 Beck releases you would know the answer to that question. It's a very odd question to ask I can't tell if it was genuine or a weird back handed snide remark...
 

Crayola

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 9, 2007
Messages
1,195
Reaction score
1,886
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
United States
eyes, and apparently that person joined this forum in jan 2006, so that must mean that person has had some kind of interest in manga for a while...
 

Alan Smithee

Manga Editor
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2006
Messages
319
Reaction score
119
Age
42
Gender
Female
Country
United Kingdom
..I really don't get what you mean by eyes...

Anyway, chapter 96 out it was an interesting chapter it's good that Beck have finally overcome the majority of their problems. Now I guess we just sit back and watch then ride out their success.
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
thanks for the heads up, Alan! :turtle


that was an awesome chapter. :wtf I can't imagine what else could come after that.

wtf Ran has Koyuki's SG :scry he better put it in some gallery or something! :shakefist
 
Last edited:

Houjou

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 17, 2007
Messages
1,177
Reaction score
332
Gender
Hidden
Country
Mongolia
Does anyone know where to find the cover of the last issue of Beck's magazine? I suppose Becks does appear in the cover, since it's the last chapter of the manga.

I'm really sad this ended already...
 

Pirulito

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 28, 2007
Messages
3,346
Reaction score
726
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
the last chapter already released?
 

Crayola

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 9, 2007
Messages
1,195
Reaction score
1,886
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
United States
in raw form, i think it has
 

Emery

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 20, 2006
Messages
549
Reaction score
194
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
^Actually, chapter 101 hasn't come out yet (on the internet), and chapter 102 is coming in a few days.
 

Pirulito

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 28, 2007
Messages
3,346
Reaction score
726
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
News about the end?
 
Last edited:

Yabe

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 22, 2007
Messages
595
Reaction score
836
Gender
Hidden
Country
Italy
Does anyone know where to find the cover of the last issue of Beck's magazine? I suppose Becks does appear in the cover, since it's the last chapter of the manga.

I'm really sad this ended already...
Did you refer to this one?:


I got it from Winny Club - the magazine raws for chapter 101 and 102 have already been uploaded at the forum (it's been uploaded here also; with no registration needed for downloading).

I'm sad the serie's come to the end too. I really like this manga and Maho and gonna miss her a lot.
 
Last edited:

Dofla

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 30, 2006
Messages
781
Reaction score
5,121
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
France
Beck - The Last Day of Eddie Lee is out here.
 

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2006
Messages
13,956
Reaction score
2,293
Gender
Female
Country
Philippines
is that a one-shot or a new chapter?
 
Top