Hangout - Berserk General Discussion Thread | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Hangout Berserk General Discussion Thread

EvilSniffles

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Re: Berserk Discussion Thread

the anime also got me into berserk manga, just that I was like WHERE THE REST, all the while I was thinking more was coming, then realization that none was, I then went on to kill people at random, till I found the manga. And Guts encounter with the hawks was by chance. Guts does things for his own reason, and no one elses. Granted he does it in the way that he seems to be a lap dog, the part where he kills off those people for griffin at the ball, but I still think he did it for whatever reason.

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi

AlbatorBis said:
... it's been established that he's one of the rare being that live outside fate. So even if it's admitted that his encounters with the Hawks got him where he is now, it was probably just something he had to go through to realize his own destiny OUTSIDE the flow of fate.
I think he was always outside of fate, ever since his irregular birth.

:darn Erh...just meant to say, go read the manga, there's much more there.
Definitely agreed.

EvilSniffles said:
Guts does things for his own reason, and no one elses. Granted he does it in the way that he seems to be a lap dog, the part where he kills off those people for griffin at the ball, but I still think he did it for whatever reason.
Yeah, Griffin wanted to "tame" him, but couldn't.

AlbatorBis

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Yemen

My thank you.
:p

KaiserRyuujin

Reaction score
Country
United States

Holy hell had no idea this was here. o.o Awsome!

I got into it from my Uncle giving me one the art books for my birthday. I couldnt read a thing on it, but it caught my eye. So I got hold and bam been loving it. Sorry had to give that info :P

Anyway, I dont see the whole tiff with the turn of Berserk, I have seen on mindwerks some people talking like its D&D. But I dont see it like that, and some dont like the slow moments. The way I am seeing it is it's just the calm before the storm. Gutts now has his Berserker Armor, Griffith has acended to a greater form. I am waiting for the further darkness to engulf Midland once again. Griffith is quite essentially recreating the Band of the Hawks, and considering what happened before, its gotta mean some crazy things to befall everyone.

As I recal seeing of an interview or something from Miura the story now is just begining, and if so, that makes it even more promising.

As I noticed being brought up, the differences of the Manga and Anime and it is quite vast obviously. Somethings already stated, the good thing also was, you did get more key in to Gutts, the dude actually smiled and not psychotically while turning the Snake Baron into a pin cushion. Plus you really cant deny Miura's great detailed artwork.

Its cool in the art book as it shows Kentaro Miura by a recreation of the "Dragon Slayer" and I just look and go, "God....I wish I could wield that thing...o.o"

Also, I loved his addition Volume 13: Chapter 3.5 – God of the Abyss II and Griffith becoming "Femto", which was Griffiths little chat with "God". Because it was basically a lump of hatred dreamed up by man, and the way he put it, I couldnt help but think how perfect and just insane it was. It was a great addition to the manga and gives some extra depth to the world.

Reminds me...I still need to buy the PS2 Berserk game which looks sooooo freakin sweet. I played the Dreamcast one which was sweet, only game I actually liked on the Dreamcast, thankfully my friend had Dreamcast so I wouldnt have to bother :P

Anyway, it always rules seeing more and more Berserk fans coming about, because it seems there are only two big forums still active. Most sites are quite dead and old and close to zip activity.

Okay, thats the end of my rant. Havent gotten to do that in awhile Heh heh.

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi

KaiserRyuujin said:
As I recal seeing of an interview or something from Miura the story now is just begining, and if so, that makes it even more promising.
I kinda got that sense too. Seemed like the first 25 volumes were something of a prelude, which is crazy XD

Its cool in the art book as it shows Kentaro Miura by a recreation of the "Dragon Slayer" and I just look and go, "God....I wish I could wield that thing...o.o"
Yeah - I can see why it could have inspired Cloud of Final Fantasy VII.

Also, I loved his addition Volume 13: Chapter 3.5 – God of the Abyss II and Griffith becoming "Femto", which was Griffiths little chat with "God". Because it was basically a lump of hatred dreamed up by man, and the way he put it, I couldnt help but think how perfect and just insane it was. It was a great addition to the manga and gives some extra depth to the world.
That's what we refer to as the "Lost Chapter." You mean you've actually read it? Would you be able to upload it somewhere for us? I'd love to see it as well.

Reminds me...I still need to buy the PS2 Berserk game which looks sooooo freakin sweet. I played the Dreamcast one which was sweet, only game I actually liked on the Dreamcast, thankfully my friend had Dreamcast so I wouldnt have to bother :P
They look insane, yeah!

Anyway, it always rules seeing more and more Berserk fans coming about, because it seems there are only two big forums still active. Most sites are quite dead and old and close to zip activity.

Okay, thats the end of my rant. Havent gotten to do that in awhile Heh heh.
:D Glad you're happy to see a Berserk forum here ^^

AlbatorBis

Reaction score
Country
Yemen

There you go, DD and props to The Hawks:
http://forums.mindwerks.net/viewtopic.php?t=1268&highlight=lost+chapter

I should mention, since we talk about about it, that we also have the Berserk prototype available, quite different from what it is now, but you can tell Miura already had a good idea of what Berserk would be made of. The most noticable difference is Guts's personality.

EvilSniffles

Reaction score
Country
United States

sweet the lost chapter, never knew about it....this must have taken place inside the egg.

KaiserRyuujin

Reaction score
Country
United States

Gold Knight said:
I kinda got that sense too. Seemed like the first 25 volumes were something of a prelude, which is crazy XD

Yeah - I can see why it could have inspired Cloud of Final Fantasy VII.

That's what we refer to as the "Lost Chapter." You mean you've actually read it? Would you be able to upload it somewhere for us? I'd love to see it as well.

They look insane, yeah!

:D Glad you're happy to see a Berserk forum here ^^
Yeah it is pretty crazy thought, as I am assuming its a transcendance from a manga he himself is a fan of that is like going for the Worlds Record of longest going Manga, I neglect to know the name at the moment.

Heh heh you never know, it could very well be the place of inspiration for Clouds Buster Sword, never know.

True it is referred to as "The Lost Chapter" but it was a late addition thats now out there and will be when its released in the US...hopefully. :/

Indeed so, nothing better then getting the chance to be Gutts swinging his massive swords fighting Zodd and others.

Yup its great to know.

Okay. Now here are some links I got for you, that stretch out to Mindwerks Forums because thats where I found the "Lost Chapter" the "Prototype" as well also here is an Interview with Miura.

In the Prototype ya Gutts is a good deal different, more of a loud abnoxious pirate type. Not so much the cold psychopath we know him to be. Heh heh.

Links:

(Note: You will need a bittorrent to download the manga's)

Volume 13: Chapter 3.5 – God of the Abyss II

Interview: Kentaro Muira, creator of Berserk

BERSERK PROTOTYPE

AlbatorBis

Reaction score
Country
Yemen

Meh, I guess my post wasn't clear enough.
And no you don't need Bittorrent for the Lost Chapter since it's DD, chapter from the Hawks. You need it for the pretotype though since it's hosted on our server.

KaiserRyuujin

Reaction score
Country
United States

AlbatorBis said:
Meh, I guess my post wasn't clear enough.
And no you don't need Bittorrent for the Lost Chapter since it's DD, chapter from the Hawks. You need it for the pretotype though since it's hosted on our server.
Oh my bad, I just jumped in to post really quick, had to get to other things. ^^;;

But it was also my bad on the subject of the torrents.

My appologies AlbatorBis for missing your post.

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi

Thanks guys, I really appreciate it ^^

Dragonzair

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Canada

=O WWOOOHOO!!

Thaks for those wonderful links. ^_^

eQuek

Reaction score
Country
Sweden

272 will be released the 14th april, does any1 got any expectations/predictations?
I think that it'll just be a ordinary "slay all the monster"-chapter :P
But after this fight they should be able to leave to elfeinhelm, 'cause the sorcerer was a some kind of an commander of the psichka (or something like that, those big ass water monsters anyway).
So in maybe the next 5 chapters they should be in elfeinhelm, hopefully. I can't wait to see Caska "revived". There will probaply be some flashbacks and comfort Caska scenes later on but after that they will hopefully start their crusade vs Griffith and his band of the Hawk.
Caskas fighting style was pretty similar to Serpicos, wasn't it? Maybe she'll get a new weapon and the other ones might get an upgrade. Schierke might learn some new faster and easier to use spells so she doesnt have to go into trance every time she does some magic. When you think about it her master and the kushan sorcerer never went into trance when they did some magic...

Anyhow, berserks is absolutely one of the best mangas out there and if someone that reads this hasn't read it then do it now, you won't regreat it.

AlbatorBis

Reaction score
Country
Yemen

eQuek said:
So in maybe the next 5 chapters they should be in elfeinhelm, hopefully. I can't wait to see Caska "revived". There will probaply be some flashbacks and comfort Caska scenes later on but after that they will hopefully start their crusade vs Griffith and his band of the Hawk.
I don't think I wish to see it happen. Before that we HAVE to hear about the neo-band of the hawk, and I think you can expect a showdown "tower of rebirth" style. Miura is teasing us with Elfheim for so long, it will probably be the center of the next arc, or even the one after. And probably not the end of the manga either. Guts just got some kind of control over the armor and is on his way to save the day for the WHOLE city. It looks like when the sorcerer is gone, so is the invasion. You think Griffith will appreciate that, that somebody else get the favor of the Endemion and get in his way? Some things will need to be settled, and I expect big changes in the story before they sail for Elfheim.

KaiserRyuujin

Reaction score
Country
United States

eQuek said:
Caskas fighting style was pretty similar to Serpicos, wasn't it? Maybe she'll get a new weapon and the other ones might get an upgrade.
There is just one problem with the thought of Caska fighting again. The Skull Knight said it himself that she also might not be the same woman she was. That she may not be that fighter. Also the way it's seemed the real battle to go on, its Gutts vs Griffith and his new army pretty much. I remember him saying to Ricket to not hate Griffith and that he is the one to be in that position. But who knows, either way it will be fun to see whats cooked up for us. Im looking forward to the 14th for the new chapter. :D

EvilSniffles

Reaction score
Country
United States

the thing shircke does is she summons kinda, so she must go into a trance, her master didn't do any summonings that I saw.

eQuek

Reaction score
Country
Sweden

KaiserRyuujin said:
There is just one problem with the thought of Caska fighting again.  The Skull Knight said it himself that she also might not be the same woman she was.  That she may not be that fighter.  Also the way it's seemed the real battle to go on, its Gutts vs Griffith and his new army pretty much.  I remember him saying to Ricket to not hate Griffith and that he is the one to be in that position.  But who knows, either way it will be fun to see whats cooked up for us.  Im looking forward to the 14th for the new chapter. :D
Hmm.. yeah, that kinda makes sense when Griffith did send Grunbeld and Zodd + some small fry to take down one sorceress. He ought to be seeking a way to destroy elfeinhelm, because if one sorceress equals an army of 10,000 then what does a village of sorcerers equal?
KaiserRyuujin said:
There is just one problem with the thought of Caska fighting again.  The Skull Knight said it himself that she also might not be the same woman she was.  That she may not be that fighter. 
But when you think about how Caska was then I get the feeling that she will get some magic items from teh magic ppl and then she'll be a part of the "anti-griffith"-party <3

Btw, what do you think of Griffith? Do you hate him, love him etc etc?
I myself like him :D I love the chapters where he comes back and stabs the kushan in the eye, completely calm. He isn't evil imo. As he says himself "I just don't betray my dream". Otherwise kids and civilian women shouldnt be in his camp.

AlbatorBis

Reaction score
Country
Yemen

eQuek said:
I myself like him :D I love the chapters where he comes back and stabs the kushan in the eye, completely calm. He isn't evil imo. As he says himself "I just don't betray my dream". Otherwise kids and civilian women shouldnt be in his camp.
Hum, Griffith no evil heh? How do you call sacrifying the companions that believe in you in the blink of an eye? He was ready to do so since the beginning, granted, he stated it many time. But to believe that other's people dreams are moot just because they are under your own, and treat them as disposable, is downright evil, egocentric at best (no surprise). You would think that there is limits to one's means to reach one's dreams. In the battlefield, at least there's achance to escape, and followers die under his order on their own will to reach a goal TOGETHER. During the eclipse Griffith uses his companions to erase his own mistake, a plain murder.
So you can call him ambitious, visionary, hard-working, witty, sure, it doesn't prevent him of being evil.

KaiserRyuujin

Reaction score
Country
United States

eQuek said:
Hmm.. yeah, that kinda makes sense when Griffith did send Grunbeld and Zodd + some small fry to take down one sorceress. He ought to be seeking a way to destroy elfeinhelm, because if one sorceress equals an army of 10,000 then what does a village of sorcerers equal?But when you think about how Caska was then I get the feeling that she will get some magic items from teh magic ppl and then she'll be a part of the "anti-griffith"-party <3

Well, for one on the thing about his actions against the witch. Griffith was being the calculated efficent leader that he is as his reputation and what helped make the Band of the Hawks so well known. Sending those two appostles was essential. If it were just those "small fry" Gutts and the Skull Knight would of taken them out, or just the Skull Knight alone.

Right now, the elf city is not important to Griffith, his "dream" is, and thats taking over and becoming king of Midland. As it seems the outside world to any other sorcerer or whatever is not important or else they'd of been alot more visible to the world.

It's hard to say what will come of Caska. She's had some odd moments in the state of mind that she's in. Showed one moment of being willing to kill, at another though showing the want to tend to a child. It really is hard to say what the future holds for her, but again it'll be interesting.

On that question of Griffith, Im with AlbatorBis and what he said. I really dont have much respect for Griffith anymore for the things he has done as already stated. He practically had Midland as it was, the Hawks were the greatest merc force that became part with the Kings army. As I figure, he got what he deserved for being so foolish, I mean honestly, what the hell!? Goes to nail the Kings daughter? Duh your gonna get reemed! Griffith got scared, that HIS dream wouldnt come true because he lost such a great asset because that tool of his wanted a dream of his own.

To me, Griffith is but a weak, scared child. But hey, thats me.