Mag Talk Bessatsu Shonen Magazine

MattC302

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2010
Messages
820
Reaction score
296
Gender
Hidden
Country
Marine Headquarters
Doubutsu no Kuni may end in the near future, too. But it's hard to tell with that series. I really need to get back into Editing it.
Really? As in canceled? Or a natural ending? I actually just started reading it recently, and I really like it. It's licensed in America as 'Animal Land' and I just bought volume 5. Even though I like it a lot, I actually wouldn't be too upset if it ended at like 10 volumes. Shorter series are easier on the wallet.

It would be really cool if you got back into Editing it. I think it is a majorly overlooked series on the internet manga community. It may even boost sales of the American volumes since there is hardly any press or buzz about this series. I doubt it sells well over here.
 

kewl0210

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2006
Messages
1,390
Reaction score
1,902
Gender
Male
Country
United States
As in reaching the end of the series. Volume 10 just came out. And based on recent chapters, they're getting close to who seems to be the main villain and in his main base. We've seen all his main weapons and forces, too. And it's turning into a real all-out-battle and secrets-revealed mode now. Course, more things can happen. So we'll see. I don't expect it to end in the next FEW chapters, but maybe within a year or so.
 

kewl0210

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2006
Messages
1,390
Reaction score
1,902
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Aw, cool. I've kinda liked Aku no Hana. It's sort of a manga trying to handle a deep subject that may be over its head. But it's still interesting nonetheless.
I wonder if they'll make an anime of just "Part 1" and then end at the end of that (Maybe doing another season if it's successful). Because Part 2 has only gone on for about 3 chapters so far.

And I'm still pulling for a Doubutsu no Kuni anime. I think there probably will be one, seeing how much Kodansha has pushed the series. It's gotten more color pages or covers than the whole rest of the series in Bessatsu. Because it's done by Raiku who's a successful author. It's gotten on the top 30 in the Oricon even if it's not a huge hit. I'd hope an anime would push it to be more popular.
 

TXC

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2011
Messages
930
Reaction score
188
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Portugal
I'm actually kind of surprised with the news. It's not the type of series that usually gets a anime.

Still Looking forward to it. I really enjoy it (in a weird way), and recommend to anyone to go and pick it up.
 

kewl0210

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2006
Messages
1,390
Reaction score
1,902
Gender
Male
Country
United States
It's ranked on the Oricon, at around 50K or so. That's much better than some of the shit like Joshiraku and Sankarea which all have animes just because they're ecchi series about young girls.

I think Kamisama no Iutoori has done well enough to probably get an anime at some point, too. Though I think it's only 3 volumes long so far so it probably won't be until later. I vaguely remember seeing it on the Oricon, but I can't seem to find it...
 
Last edited:

vampire killer

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2011
Messages
802
Reaction score
465
Gender
Male
Country
Bulgaria
Still waiting for shingeki no kyojin anime...
 

kewl0210

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2006
Messages
1,390
Reaction score
1,902
Gender
Male
Country
United States
That'll probably be announced to coincide with the start of the live-action movie. Like they did with Uchuu Kyoudai.
It's one of Kodansha's best selling series, and it doesn't even have any form of adaptation yet.
 

Nii

EVA Pilot
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Jun 20, 2008
Messages
28,454
Reaction score
28,222
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I think Kamisama no Iutoori has done well enough to probably get an anime at some point, too. Though I think it's only 3 volumes long so far so it probably won't be until later. I vaguely remember seeing it on the Oricon, but I can't seem to find it...
Would be pretty damn awesome, Kamisama definitely deserves more attention. Though it would probably need a late night slot because of the gore etc.

On another note I have to say that Bessatsu is becoming one of my fav magazines, every series I've read is special and enjoyable.
 

Ecchi Boy

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
May 31, 2011
Messages
1,036
Reaction score
1,307
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Seems Choujin Gakuen Ended, final volume comes in January.
 

HalcyonDigest

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
May 29, 2012
Messages
61
Reaction score
8
Gender
Male
Country
United States
From what I gather Countrouble also ended, anybody care to confirm or deny?
 

Netorare

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2012
Messages
225
Reaction score
260
Gender
Hidden
Country
Germany
From what I gather Countrouble also ended, anybody care to confirm or deny?
/confirm

Complete in 7 Volumes (last chapter was released in #12/2012)
 

lasleels

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Nov 20, 2011
Messages
36
Reaction score
32
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
also, i heard kami is going to be weekly in shounen magazine, is that really true?
 

kewl0210

Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2006
Messages
1,390
Reaction score
1,902
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Yeah. They mentioned it a few issues back. It got to an "end of part 1" type scenario and it said it's moving to Weekly Shounen Magazine in January.
 

lasleels

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Nov 20, 2011
Messages
36
Reaction score
32
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Yeah. They mentioned it a few issues back. It got to an "end of part 1" type scenario and it said it's moving to Weekly Shounen Magazine in January.
thanks for the info :) so it doesnt have to be the first issue on jan does it? just any issue in jan? looking forward to it :P
 

jagman1x3

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Sep 19, 2012
Messages
2,616
Reaction score
2,843
Gender
Male
Country
United States
thanks for the info :) so it doesnt have to be the first issue on jan does it? just any issue in jan? looking forward to it :P
Pretty sure it's going to start in the January 16 issue.
 

gananime

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Nov 30, 2011
Messages
105
Reaction score
8
Gender
Hidden
Country
India
Is there any announcement of how many episodes is the anime of Shingeki no Kyojin gonna be?
I wonder how they are gonna adapt the series...can't recollect a proper arc where they could end the anime...or maybe they'd go for an anime original ending,or maybe season 2?
 

Ikzer

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
May 2, 2009
Messages
56
Reaction score
24
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
Depending on the reception, but I'm betting for a 2nd season if they can't end it somehow.
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
I seriously doubt they will do an anime only ending. That is almost unheard of nowadays. It is airing from 11:30PM until midnight (at least in Tokyo), so I doubt it will run for more than two cour (six months). Late night shows are almost never four cour. My expectation is two cour (six months), with 22 - 26 episodes. That would allow them to animate six or seven volumes, leaving plenty of material for subsequent seasons, and movies, if the anime is successful enough. A lot depends on the contract. If the contract is for two cour, then it's 22 - 26 episodes, with additional seasons success dependent. If the contract is for four cour, then a second season would be preplanned.
 
Top